Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:00 pm

Post by Syndesis »

Err, sorry, that was addressed to the thread in general.

Spoiler: Exhibit A: a lot of sarcasm
In post 61, MoosyDoosy wrote:Oh wait, that was such a Mafia oriented post! Oh wait, he's self conscious! Mafia!

In post 62, MoosyDoosy wrote:oh wait, he might be town screwing around! But he might have expected that as Mafia which is why he's acting that way!

In post 172, MoosyDoosy wrote:I am being completely serious. hawk is smart and realizes that I have logical reasons for spearheading a massive push onto him that has huge impact and influence right now.

In post 179, MoosyDoosy wrote:Yes hawk I completely think that I can get your lynch off at this point in time. I am absolutely confident and serious in this.

In post 200, MoosyDoosy wrote:Because it is definitely the absolute right move to kill hawk.

In post 201, MoosyDoosy wrote:
In post 199, Swordsworth wrote:Alright hi

Moosy, I dug through your ISO, and to be perfectly clear: you ooze scum from your pores. I can understand your initial push against hawk, but I've quickly lost faith in you being town what with your and . They give a strong impression of attempting to get Hawk out of the way. Sure, the mafia may target him tonight, but if I was scum I'd be trying to optimize. After all, ideally, why waste a kill slot on an outed jailkeeper when you can free up that kill via lynch?

yess so lynch me sson.

In post 202, MoosyDoosy wrote:bro I'm clearly scum that made a slip up trying to continue to push onto hawk which is why I'm trying to cover up for it with obstinateness. This is very clear right now.

In post 212, MoosyDoosy wrote:hawk is right. D1 is an incredibly good time to deal with Moosy.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: MoosyDoosy
and yet the flower blooming / both winter and death defies
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by hawkleader3 »

In post 221, MoosyDoosy wrote:
I love how you love a lot of things. Rather than sucking up why don't you actually give out reads and expectations.

Well yeah! Mafia is a pretty fun game! I love it!

----------------------------------------

You seem pretty uneasy about my reads, Moosy, but I'll answer any question asked to me. My only expectation is that I will be dead by D2. Sorry I left the expectations part out in my ISOs. I'll make sure it's in there
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by hawkleader3 »

@Syndesis Yeah. I came into my mafia game all hyped up and serious and super ready to be an awesome town player, and then you hit me with that first page sarcasm and I was like "you think this is a game?!" But now that my page 1 jitters are gone, I'll try to account for sarcasm more often.
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:56 pm

Post by Syndesis »

Actually, with that in mind, your first page posts look kind of towny. Yay context yay hindsight
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:57 pm

Post by hawkleader3 »

Hey. Better late than in the deadchat right?
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Post by Chaotic Neutrality »

In post 215, hawkleader3 wrote:Chaotic Neutrality (null): No read on him until he makes his post later on his reads (I feel for him. That's a lot of reading).

Don't. It's my fault + poor planning. Also I haven't worked out a way to get early reads.
There is no good or evil. There is only fun and boring.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:07 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 193, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 191, iraonavp wrote:
In post 190, Syndesis wrote:I mean, I get frustrated when people push me without a case as either alignment, so that might be just null. That said, scum caught for the wrong reasons also tend to get frustrated, but I've seen no sign of that so far.

I feel that his response has constituted more than just frustration, in particular premature defensiveness. His repeated insistence that you explain your vote, and that an unexplained accusation cannot be responded to, show how much he wants to answer your accusation to prevent his wagon from progressing any further.

In post 147, FA_Q2 wrote:You should but you are going to need more than a naked vote to do so.

By all means - construct a case.

Additionally, in posts like this tone is somewhat passive-aggressive, and I believe he is attempting to hide his frustration. This makes me think that FA_Q2 is perhaps trying to hide his fear of being voted which is even greater than he is letting on.

Strange considering that there is zero frustration in that post at all. I expect everyone to explain their votes. Naked votes are more than worthless - they are scummy. They completely avoid purpose and reasoning - things you use later in the game to find scum.

Further, I was directly asked to address the vote. I responded. Considering that I called out hawk for ignoring pressure on him I don't see how you would expect me to act otherwise.

Apologies, I believe I may have read more into the tone of your posts than was actually there. And I can see how the question you were asked about the vote was not exactly a good one.

There's something else... a difficult to describe feeling bothering me with your posts which I can't really define, but I will unvote for now as I believe my previous vote to have lost most of its basis.

UNVOTE: FA_Q2
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:09 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 207, davesaz wrote:Being wrong doesn't make someone scum, unless they're scum being wrong on purpose to try to make people think they're not scum.

What is this in reference to? I must have missed some context here.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:12 pm

Post by iraonavp »

I feel that Moosy's sarcastic posts and self-votes are more likely to come from a town-aligned player frustrated with accusations leveled at them. I simply do not see a scum-aligned player placing a vote on themselves or playing so... suicidally. While I do not think that this is a beneficial outlet or good play, I do not think it is worth lynching them simply to make them change their behavior.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:13 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 211, hawkleader3 wrote:
In post 210, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 209, Syndesis wrote:Not sure if Moosy trolling, sarcastic, or serious.

Not sure if I really want to think about it, either

The better question is does it matter?

At this point it seems that moosey is dead set on being anti town. We will have to deal with it at some point but day one is a bad day to do so.

Why is day 1 a bad day to do so?

Because day one is a terrible day to waste. Many people here seem to think that it is a good time to get rid of lackluster players but that simply means you are entering day 2 as a day one repeat - a day with almost no information whatsoever. It is very important for town, IMHO, to get out of that stage as fast as possible and get good interactions to proceed with. Information early on is crucial.

Basically, I hate just stabbing in the dark and that is essentially what day one is.

I don't like Moosey's posting either - it is worthless - but if we end up lynching it we are going for a PL rather than a scum lynch. While not entirely against PL's they are more of a last resort than a starting option. I hope that moosey will clean it up as the game progresses and we get more to analyze.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:15 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 231, iraonavp wrote:
There's something else... a difficult to describe feeling bothering me with your posts which I can't really define, but I will unvote for now as I believe my previous vote to have lost most of its basis.

UNVOTE: FA_Q2

Let me know what it is when you figure it out.

You are not the first player to make that statement when I draw town - every single game it seems someone says that. Except the one time I drew scum (not counting my newbie game) - then no one suspected me. I just wish I knew why :D
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:53 am

Post by MoosyDoosy »

In post 233, iraonavp wrote:I feel that Moosy's sarcastic posts and self-votes are more likely to come from a town-aligned player frustrated with accusations leveled at them. I simply do not see a scum-aligned player placing a vote on themselves or playing so... suicidally. While I do not think that this is a beneficial outlet or good play, I do not think it is worth lynching them simply to make them change their behavior.

Actually, I've used the martyr play in the past for my one game as Mafia. It was pretty funny because everyone in the game scumread me at a certain point but no one was willing to vote me because I was martyring. We ended up mislynching a townie that day. :D It's definitely not beyond me. Although you are reading the tone behind my posts wrong. I am definitely not frustrated and am pretty actively trolling and having fun.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:06 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 232, iraonavp wrote:
In post 207, davesaz wrote:Being wrong doesn't make someone scum, unless they're scum being wrong on purpose to try to make people think they're not scum.

What is this in reference to? I must have missed some context here.

It was in reply to the exchange between Moosy & Hawk. Moosy would be the one being wrong, asserting that it's better for town to lynch the claimed PR now rather than let scum NK them later.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:09 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 234, FA_Q2 wrote:

At this point it seems that moosey is dead set on being anti town. We will have to deal with it at some point but day one is a bad day to do so.

Because day one is a terrible day to waste. Many people here seem to think that it is a good time to get rid of lackluster players but that simply means you are entering day 2 as a day one repeat - a day with almost no information whatsoever. It is very important for town, IMHO, to get out of that stage as fast as possible and get good interactions to proceed with. Information early on is crucial.

Basically, I hate just stabbing in the dark and that is essentially what day one is.

I don't like Moosey's posting either - it is worthless - but if we end up lynching it we are going for a PL rather than a scum lynch. While not entirely against PL's they are more of a last resort than a starting option. I hope that moosey will clean it up as the game progresses and we get more to analyze.

I agree with this sentiment. I'm very worried that Moosy might be scum trying to get away with it by being obnoxious, but if I'm wrong then we learn almost nothing from lynching him.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:13 am

Post by davesaz »

We've had a good amount of fireworks with the Hawk runup and claim. I think we should be looking for subtle opportunism getting onto that wagon.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:14 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 230, Chaotic Neutrality wrote:
In post 215, hawkleader3 wrote:Chaotic Neutrality (null): No read on him until he makes his post later on his reads (I feel for him. That's a lot of reading).

Don't. It's my fault + poor planning. Also I haven't worked out a way to get early reads.

I'd settle for commentary on the way.
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:15 am

Post by MoosyDoosy »

davesaz, thoughts on iranoavp?
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:15 am

Post by MoosyDoosy »

In post 238, davesaz wrote:
In post 234, FA_Q2 wrote:

I agree with this sentiment. I'm very worried that Moosy might be scum trying to get away with it by being obnoxious, but if I'm wrong then we learn almost nothing from lynching him.

I am actually scum trying to get away with attempting to push hawk by being obnoxious.
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:20 am

Post by MoosyDoosy »

So deadline is tomorrow right? If so, I should start getting some cereal. First comes davesaz's response to my question tho. ;)
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:26 am

Post by davesaz »

No, deadline is more like 11-12 days from now.
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:26 am

Post by MoosyDoosy »

In post 244, davesaz wrote:No, deadline is more like 11-12 days from now.

oh what sadness. Oh damn ur right, 2 weeks...
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:28 am

Post by MoosyDoosy »

In post 241, MoosyDoosy wrote:davesaz, thoughts on iranoavp?
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:58 am

Post by hawkleader3 »

To all who see MoosyDoosy as a bad town player instead of a scummy player, I understand the arguments. It took me some time, but now I understand. I need to work on distinguishing jokes better and also separating my scum radar and my "I don't like you" radar.

UNVOTE:

And now I'm back to square 1. I am really looking forward to CN's reads on people.
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:17 am

Post by MoosyDoosy »

Don't tell me I didn't warn you guys when we're in lylo and you didn't lynch me...
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:41 am

Post by Syndesis »

Say, 3dice, could we have a prod for Birdy?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”