3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:29 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

Vote Count: 1.5

Pancake + Cinnamon Roll = Cinnamon cake. Yum.

hawkleader3 - (0)
Soapbar - (0)
FA_Q2 - (0)
MoosyDoosy - (1) MoosyDoosy
toolenduso - (1) TheCow
TheCow - (1) hawkleader3
Metrion - (1) iraonavp
Swordsworth - (1) Soapbar
lolbabe - (0)
iraonavp - (0)
Chaotic Neutrality - (2) FA_Q2, toolenduso
Syndesis - (1) Chaotic Neutrality
davesaz - (1) syndesis

Not voting: lolbabe, davesaz, Metrion, Swordsworth

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Mod Notes: Soapbar V/LA until Wednesday or Thursday.

Day 1 ends: (expired on 2015-12-27 23:20:59)
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:51 am

Post by TheCow »

prodge
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:05 am

Post by toolenduso »

Syndesis giving me town vibes. Does not appear to be concerned about how she's coming across at all.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:05 am

Post by hawkleader3 »

Moosy I have a question: Are you going to play more newbie games as an SE after this game?
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:14 am

Post by Syndesis »

In an attempt to get out of my disengaged rut:

hawkleader3 - probably town
Soapbar - gives me weird vibes
FA_Q2 - not particularly outstanding
MoosyDoosy - don't know, don't care, we're not lynching this today
toolenduso - kind of town?
TheCow - probably probably town
Metrion - not posting much
Swordsworth -
really
not posting much
lolbabe - 3x lurker combo
iraonavp - feels kind of town
Chaotic Neutrality - no particular feelings but they're still voting RVS??
Syndesis - obvtown
davesaz - I'm not really sure but I don't like him
and yet the flower blooming / both winter and death defies
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:45 pm

Post by toolenduso »

Would just like to highlight this.

In post 314, toolenduso wrote:
In post 311, Chaotic Neutrality wrote:But it should be obvious if he gets lynched that I was one of the main people pushing that wagon - I'm not going to magically be free of responsibility when he flips just because I wasn't voting him.

"Free of responsibility" is the kind of wording you would use when indicating that you would be in trouble. Which implies that moosy would be flipping town, no?
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
MoosyDoosy
MoosyDoosy
Goon
MoosyDoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:58 pm

Post by MoosyDoosy »

In post 328, hawkleader3 wrote:Moosy I have a question: Are you going to play more newbie games as an SE after this game?

hell nah.
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:35 pm

Post by Chaotic Neutrality »

In post 323, FA_Q2 wrote:I would also point out that CN has totally avoided my vote. He engaged tool (who had not even voted him at that time either) but said nothing about my read on him. No reaction on tool's vote either though it has only been just under 24hrs so he may not have had the chance.

It was predictable. Was that what you wanted?
There is no good or evil. There is only fun and boring.
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:43 pm

Post by Chaotic Neutrality »

In post 330, toolenduso wrote:"Free of responsibility" is the kind of wording you would use when indicating that you would be in trouble. Which implies that moosy would be flipping town, no?

Responsibility boils down to, at the flip, whatever his alignment is, the people on the wagon will typically answer to it. The general idea being that whoever votes for the person being lynched has a higher chance of being scum because a) they're bussing for town cred, or b) they're aiding in a mislynch. You should know that. You do know that.

I haven't voted Moosey yet because I'm not entirely confident with that read, though he is being very scummy or at least anti-town. I am, however, realizing how hard you're trying to get me lynched, misrepresenting anything and everything I say behind the guise of scumhunting.
That
is vote-worthy.

VOTE: toolenduso
There is no good or evil. There is only fun and boring.
Metrion
Metrion
Goon
Metrion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:55 pm

Post by Metrion »

Yup, lots of accusations of scumminess, not a lot of good articulate reasons. Matched with the activity level of a koala. Legendary game underway here.

I'd like at least Iraonavp to post more, it's not fair to put on your theatrics then leave the audience waiting.

----

CN & FA are interesting at least. Speaking of:

Chaotic may seem a bit more Town after that last post? It looks like he didn't fully get Tool's inference that he scum slipped by assuming Moosy would flip town, or at least didn't answer that explicitly instead droning on about why scum go on lynches. The inference itself was garbage because the scenario painted that he was responded to was that Moosy was "lynchbait" and that's how I expected a scum response to be because they'd most likely be full well aware of that.

Or maybe he genuinely didn't get it. :?
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:54 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 333, Chaotic Neutrality wrote:
In post 330, toolenduso wrote:"Free of responsibility" is the kind of wording you would use when indicating that you would be in trouble. Which implies that moosy would be flipping town, no?

Responsibility boils down to, at the flip, whatever his alignment is, the people on the wagon will typically answer to it. The general idea being that whoever votes for the person being lynched has a higher chance of being scum because a) they're bussing for town cred, or b) they're aiding in a mislynch.

I do not follow your logic here. If you're on a mislynch, you look scummy. If you're on a scum lynch, you look scummy. So everybody looks scummy if they're involved in a lynch?

In post 333, Chaotic Neutrality wrote:You should know that. You do know that.

You've demonstrated multiple times now that your reactionary tendencies in this game prevent you from understanding my thought process.

In post 333, Chaotic Neutrality wrote:I am, however, realizing how hard you're trying to get me lynched, misrepresenting anything and everything I say behind the guise of scumhunting.

Close! You look scummy and therefore I am pushing you.

In post 334, Metrion wrote:Yup, lots of accusations of scumminess, not a lot of good articulate reasons. Matched with the activity level of a koala. Legendary game underway here.

I'd like at least Iraonavp to post more, it's not fair to put on your theatrics then leave the audience waiting.

Bookmarked for later.

In post 334, Metrion wrote:It looks like he didn't fully get Tool's inference that he scum slipped by assuming Moosy would flip town, or at least didn't answer that explicitly instead droning on about why scum go on lynches.

"Droning on" = two sentences.

Also, him not understanding my point does not make him town. It might mean that it wasn't a scumslip, which I can kind of buy since he said in a previous post that I would accuse him of bussing his partner if Moosy flipped scum.

But the scumminess of his posts extends beyond the bit about being responsible for Moosy's theoretical lynch.

In post 334, Metrion wrote:The inference itself was garbage

Spoiler: Oh yeah?

In post 334, Metrion wrote:because the scenario painted that he was responded to was that Moosy was "lynchbait" and that's how I expected a scum response to be because they'd most likely be full well aware of that.

Or maybe he genuinely didn't get it. :?

Please replace the pronouns with acronyms, I don't quite understand what you're saying.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:56 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 335, toolenduso wrote:Please replace the pronouns with acronyms, I don't quite understand what you're saying.

And by "acronyms" I mean "usernames."
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:02 pm

Post by toolenduso »

Also would like to point this out:

In post 325, 3dicerolling wrote:
Day 1 ends: (expired on 2015-12-27 23:20:59)

We don't have a ton of time left this day phase, plus there's a holiday coming up so people will probably be even less active starting Thursday. In the last game I was in, town waited until the day before deadline to start doing stuff in earnest and what happened was that they ran somebody up to L-1, he claimed a PR, they unvoted and then we ran up another person to L-1, and he claimed PR in the middle of the night when nobody was on and then somebody hammered him anyway because at that point it was between him and a no lynch.

So, uh, let's get something going?
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by Syndesis »

You know what, I'm kinda down with lynching CN.

VOTE: Chaotic Neutrality
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:33 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 332, Chaotic Neutrality wrote:
In post 323, FA_Q2 wrote:I would also point out that CN has totally avoided my vote. He engaged tool (who had not even voted him at that time either) but said nothing about my read on him. No reaction on tool's vote either though it has only been just under 24hrs so he may not have had the chance.

You mean that when you post like scum it is predictable that people vote you for it? No, that is not 'what I wanted' but at this point it is clear that you wish to avoid any discussion about your posting.

This is a good lynch.
lolbabe
lolbabe
Goon
lolbabe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:52 pm

Post by lolbabe »

Sorry what's the setup, how many town vs how many scum players?
Please note, it's not a clumsy town slip, i could've asked the same being scum. I just didn't see any setup information in the first posts.

Also, first page, Hawk looking scummy.
Also, sorry for being slow on the catch-up.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:32 am

Post by toolenduso »

it's a closed setup, which means we don't get that info. but in 13-player mini normals it's usually a safe bet that there are 10 town and 3 scum.

there are also games where there are two factions of scum with 2 players each versus 9 town, and setups where there are 3 scum/1 serial killer/9 town or 2 scum/1 serial killer/10 town.

but it's usually 10 town versus 3 scum.
Metrion
Metrion
Goon
Metrion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:39 am

Post by Metrion »

In post 334, Metrion wrote: The inference itself was garbage because the scenario painted that CN was responding to was that Moosy was "lynchbait" and that's how I expected a scum response to be because they'd (scum) most likely be full well aware of that.

Or maybe CN genuinely didn't get it. :?

It was posted on mobile, don't be afriad to ask for anything else to be cleared up.

Droning on" = two sentences.

Also, him not understanding my point does not make him town. It might mean that it wasn't a scumslip, which I can kind of buy since he said in a previous post that I would accuse him of bussing his partner if Moosy flipped scum.

But the scumminess of his posts extends beyond the bit about being responsible for Moosy's theoretical lynch.

It was an entire, short, little paragraph plz.

As I said though the towness came from the fact that I believe scum are more self-aware than town are. CN could just play scum without a care in the world, now I will have to look into this.

As for his previous behaviour? Not ringing town bells, exactly why I was a little surprised after CNs post there.

FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 332, Chaotic Neutrality wrote:

You mean that when you post like scum it is predictable that people vote you for it? No, that is not 'what I wanted' but at this point it is clear that you wish to avoid any discussion about your posting.

This is a good lynch.

Putting words into other's mouths. I heard this was all the rage with mafiascum townies nowadays. :good:

If your conviction is strong on CN then at least use a non-fallacious way to rally a lynch mob, it's just slightly harder and CN has done a lot of the work for you.
lolbabe
lolbabe
Goon
lolbabe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:30 am

Post by lolbabe »

Page 7, some thoughts.

TheCow, Soapbar, Moosy, Dave look town. TheCow's thing with typing speed was fun and pretty townie, that post by Hawk did look pre-written.
Something about Sword clicked town, too, but can't remember what exactly, will look it up when i am making a post with quotes.

Tool and Syndesis are slippery as hell, something rubs me the wrong way.

Don't particularly like FA and Ira. The latter seems to be going with the flow.
Syndesis
Syndesis
Goon
Syndesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:47 am

Post by Syndesis »

In post 343, lolbabe wrote:Page 7, some thoughts.

TheCow,
Soapbar
, Moosy,
Dave
look town. TheCow's thing with typing speed was fun and pretty townie, that post by Hawk did look pre-written.
Something about Sword clicked town, too, but can't remember what exactly, will look it up when i am making a post with quotes.

Tool and Syndesis are slippery as hell, something rubs me the wrong way.

Don't particularly like
FA
and Ira. The latter seems to be going with the flow.

I would like to hear elaboration on the bolded players, please?
hawkleader3
hawkleader3
Goon
hawkleader3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:50 am

Post by hawkleader3 »

VOTE: chaotic neutrality

Someone's gotta get lynched on day 1 and we don't have much time left to start any new wagons. I was waiting for Lolbabe to post, but since nothing too scummy came from him/her, I change my vote
Metrion
Metrion
Goon
Metrion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:24 am

Post by Metrion »

In post 345, hawkleader3 wrote:VOTE: chaotic neutrality

Someone's gotta get lynched on day 1 and we don't have much time left to start any new wagons. I was waiting for Lolbabe to post, but since nothing too scummy came from him/her, I change my vote

We have like 5 days?

Why so quick to dismiss any more discussion that could possibly happen? I'm actually looking forward to people pulling up their socks and I'd like that to happen sooner rather than latter.
lolbabe
lolbabe
Goon
lolbabe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:32 am

Post by lolbabe »

Page 9 and I will finish in the morning.

I do hope Hawk is PR because then I don't have to think about his reasons behind pusing Moosy for pushing his lynch.

Tool leans more town now but (gut mode on) WHAT IF he is an experienced scum who's confident nobody thinks him scum and so keeps leading the thread? (gut mode off) I always get paranoid about strong pro-town looking players so meh.

In post 192, davesaz wrote:Swords feels like an experienced player who needs to look newb due to join date, mixed with genuinely not knowing site meta. I see it as slightly scummy, since scum are the ones who need to know how to act. There is another possible interpretation but I won't bring it up now because discussing it is antitown.

Bringing up the reason that you're not going to discuss something because it is antitown is antitown in itself. Like, i don't want to discuss this because it might be that the subject of the discussion is PR, please discuss.

In post 193, FA_Q2 wrote:I expect everyone to explain their votes. Naked votes are more than worthless - they are scummy. They completely avoid purpose and reasoning - things you use later in the game to find scum.

Further, I was directly asked to address the vote. I responded. Considering that I called out hawk for ignoring pressure on him I don't see how you would expect me to act otherwise.

Oooh this. The first paragraph is pointing out apparent, even postulational things and using this as reasoning. Also, trying hard to look town, like, i know what the town needs to hunt scum, why don't you?
The second paragraph is "i did this thing and that thing that are generally considered town, where did i go wrong?" Sounds fake.

In post 199, Swordsworth wrote:Moosy, I dug through your ISO, and to be perfectly clear: you ooze scum from your pores. I can understand your initial push against hawk, but I've quickly lost faith in you being town what with your 167 and 195. They give a strong impression of attempting to get Hawk out of the way. Sure, the mafia may target him tonight, but if I was scum I'd be trying to optimize. After all, ideally, why waste a kill slot on an outed jailkeeper when you can free up that kill via lynch?

Swords, do / did you honestly think Moosy was trying to get Hawk out of the way? By being the only locomotive on his wagon?
lolbabe
lolbabe
Goon
lolbabe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:49 am

Post by lolbabe »

In post 344, Syndesis wrote:I would like to hear elaboration on the bolded players, please?

In short, sorry, more details tomorrow.

I liked it when Soapbar pushed Tool for more information on his stance on Moosy and when he started asking questions about Jailer's abilities, can't see any scum reason behind that, scum would have just asked their teammate/s or the mod at night.

I posted about FA above, it's after page 7 though, and before that i def didn't like his reaction to Hawk's claim and him calling Hawk appeasing for the second time because there was nothing appeasing in Hawk's post, it's just repeating their own words for the words' sake.

Dave didn't seem to think you and Tool town as f which seems more towney than not as you are pretty soild town reads with everybody else.
lolbabe
lolbabe
Goon
lolbabe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:52 am

Post by lolbabe »

Intrigued now, what did CN do so fast that he's at L-3 (??)?

Chaotic Neutrality

why are they lynching you?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”