Frozen Angel (2) - Nero Cain, pisskop
Keyser Söze (1) - Zulfy
Nosferatu (1) - TheCow
Dwlee99 (1) - Wake88
DeathNote (1) - JarJarDrinks

Not voting (2) - davesaz, DeathNote

(expired on 2016-01-08 23:59:59)

Activity is fine right now.
Last edited by AngryPidgeon on Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:10 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 889, Wickedestjr wrote:If DeathNote is town, this seems like a pretty strong town tell from JarJar;
In post 770, JarJarDrinks wrote:Oh I had no idea Tree Stump was an actual role. Just Wiki'd it.

So how does that work? It says he can't vote so doesn't his name appearing in the VC pretty much kill that?
To answer your questions... A tree stump has the ability to vote until they use their ability - so if DN's a tree stump, that's why we still see his name in the VC.

If a tree stump is about to get lynched, then that is when they use their stump ability. If Player A stumps, then the Mod will confirm that Player A is a tree stump and Player A's vote is removed, but he or she can still continue speaking. That's the advantage of the tree stump ability: we learn Player A's alignment but don't have to waste a lynch in the process. Make sense now?
Yes. Can you explain why DN being town makes it a towntell?

In post 889, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 771, JarJarDrinks wrote:And if you're taking that as a serious claim, can you answer this now?

In post 628, Wickedestjr wrote:
JarJar wrote:I'd love for you to speculate on what possible answer he could have for "why are you stating that you won't get lynched?"
I have one idea for what he could say. But I'm not going to openly speculate because I want him to come up with his own answer.
My one idea was that he would say something along the lines of: "This case against me sucks and I know I'm going to convince you guys eventually". That answer wouldn't really make any sense in combination with his other self-deprecating comments, but you asked me to speculate so I did. FWIW tree stump also came to mind even though he explicitly said he wasn't implying anything with his comment.
Not impressed w/ this explaination. (not that I expected a good one)
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:15 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 890, davesaz wrote:Followup to Nosferatu: No train of thought? What do you call the series of posts with JarJarDrinks, or the one with Keyser?

Man this just totally reads like "Why didn't you notice that I was totally acting so town."
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:27 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 915, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 819, JarJarDrinks wrote:and townreading:

RC
FA
Aero
Frog

If these are your four strongest town-reads, please could you quote and explain the posts by Fro99er you think are town-indicative.

I played a game w/ town-frog before and he's acting completely the same. Sure, people can succesfully emulate thier meta but I haven't seen anything scummy from frog @ all this game so I'll be townreading him untill I have a reason not to.

Does u singling out the frog read mean that you agree w/ townreading the other 3 ?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:30 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

You gonna ignore my response jar?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:35 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 954, Dwlee99 wrote:You gonna ignore my response jar?

:?:
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:39 am

Post by DeathNote »

My role is mostly confirmable.

I am in a kind of awkward position right now in the game and don't want to vote or give my scum read or full claim. Like, I know that sounds weird but there is actually a reason for it.

I do have a couple scum reads, maybe not with the best cases but they are there. Just give me a little bit longer.
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:46 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Oh it didnt send

I said that the thing that changed was keysers post before my unvote and that my town reads didnt support or agree with my argument over the slip.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:49 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 936, JarJarDrinks wrote:No not really. Frog seems to be townreading dwlee so there's that.

With this knowledge in mind, are any of your other town reads or scum reads based on the fact your town reads are also town/scum reading that player?
In post 818, JarJarDrinks wrote:DN
Wicked
TheCow
Dwlee
Keyser
In post 819, JarJarDrinks wrote:and townreading:

RC
FA
Aero
Frog

In post 939, JarJarDrinks wrote:He was conceding that WIN-WIN wasn't a good way to describe what he was saying.

In that particular post my frustration led me to post sarcastically. This admittedly was not productive/pro-town play by me. I have since apologised for my actions.

In post 953, JarJarDrinks wrote:I played a game w/ town-frog before and he's acting completely the same. Sure, people can succesfully emulate thier meta but I haven't seen anything scummy from frog @ all this game so I'll be townreading him untill I have a reason not to.

What in particular is Fro99er doing that is "completely the same"?

In post 953, JarJarDrinks wrote:Does u singling out the frog read mean that you agree w/ townreading the other 3 ?

I singled out Fro99er because I was null-reading him at the time. Therefore, I was very curious to hear why he was one of your strongest town-reads. Fro99er has explained his strong town-read of you too now.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:52 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 956, DeathNote wrote:I am in a kind of awkward position right now in the game and don't want to vote or give my scum read or full claim.

Please explain to me why sharing your scum-read is awkward/a bad idea. If you are lynched/night-killled, your reads/thoughts will die with you. Please share your scum-reads.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:56 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 950, AngryPidgeon wrote:
Vote Count 1.14

TheCow (4) - Aeronaut, Keyser Söze, Frozen Angel, Kwlee99
davesaz (4) - Wickedestjr, Nosferatu, RadiantCowbells, Fro99er
Frozen Angel (2) - Nero Cain, pisskop
Keyser Söze (1) - Zulfy
Nosferatu (1) - TheCow
Dwlee99 (1) - Wake88
DeathNote (1) - JarJarDrinks

Not voting (2) - davesaz, DeathNote

(expired on 2016-01-08 23:59:59)

Activity is fine right now.

Please can you confirm that it takes 9 votes to lynch.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:01 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Yes, it does take 9 votes right now. I'll add that in to the next VC.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:05 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 956, DeathNote wrote:My role is mostly confirmable.

I am in a kind of awkward position right now in the game and don't want to vote or give my scum read or full claim. Like, I know that sounds weird but there is actually a reason for it.

I do have a couple scum reads, maybe not with the best cases but they are there. Just give me a little bit longer.

Why would you even out that you have such a role on D1? What use does it serve to claim PR when you were nowhere near lynch?
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:07 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

wow am I really the only person on DN now?

unvote
/sigh

Will do some diving before I decide whether to move to Cow or Dave.

and gonna respond in a few keys.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:10 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

jarrrrr
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:11 am

Post by Fro99er »

Sorry Jar. I'll join you on DN if ya want. I know there's more support for a DN wagon as well (Aero, FA) but everyone has seemed to go another direction.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:13 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Moderate suspicion: DeathNote

@DeathNote
- I
strongly
suggest you begin "scum hunting" and not hinting about "mostly confirmable" role claims.

In post 879, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 719, DeathNote wrote:Where do we go from here?

I am still all for scum hunting
and think Cow is a great day 1 lynch.

This sounded very positive after your defeatist "rant". However, since this promise, I have seen no signs of "scum hunting". Neither have you provided an argument for your "great day 1 lynch" of The Cow.

In post 792, DeathNote wrote:I think... I actually have a new scumread now.

unvote

How did your read of TheCow develop, do you now town/null read The Cow? If so, why?

In post 688, DeathNote wrote:I just don't have the patience to sit around and let people apply pressure to me so I try to speed things along.

I would love to see you "apply pressure" to your scum reads.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:21 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 888, davesaz wrote:
In post 882, Nosferatu wrote:
The fact that there's no train of thought in his posts, and no actions in his posts either, points to the fact that he isn't interested in clearing the game, something town would want to do; thereby making dave obviously not town-aligned.

Feel free to look over any of the NY's in my wiki list, or in fact most of the games. Asking questions is how I figure things out. You should also be able to easily find a pattern where I don't assume that conventional wisdom is true. Look at how hard I jump on people for "clears" -- easiest to find if you search for "lock clear" as there is one memorable game where that phrase features a lot. It especially worries me a lot when people give very easy townreads.

I don't have to ask about train of thought, but what do you mean by no actions? I'm not one who throws my vote around, if that's what you mean.

no actions means that you literally aren't doing anything. I don't care about how you feel about clears, and I never pretended, to, it's just you aren't doing anything worthwhile. My posts may not have a visible train of thought, but they have actions that point to having one. Votes are actions. Making conclusions are actions. You don't do that. You're just asking questions that aren't important at all, and more importantly, you aren't even doing anything with those questions.

In post 909, davesaz wrote:
In post 896, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 895, davesaz wrote:Keyser, I noticed a marked change in your posting style. Style 1 was very stilted where style 2 is more conversational. I don't think it is alignment indicative, but I'm curious why you changed.

Spoiler: style1
In post 781, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 773, JarJarDrinks wrote:The fact that you're not even considering this as an option makes me think you know DNs alignment.

Miss-rep.
Show me where I know DeathNote's alignment.
I'm trying to talk this through with you rationally.
I already (repeatedly) shared my position on DeathNote. And I will re-read his posts this evening.
If I scum-read him
I will vote him.

In post 776, JarJarDrinks wrote:You don't think there's any other reason to vote for someone?

There are many reasons why I think both town AND scum would want to vote DeathNote given his awful
"You guys aren't lynching me"
warning. But I'll only be voting him for one reason.

Spoiler: style2
In post 869, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 816, Fro99er wrote:Still not giving reasons because I like watching robot get annoyed

I would appreciate it if you please explain your reads. I would like to study the thought-process behind who you are calling town and scum.

This is a good start:
In post 829, Fro99er wrote:Dwlee I'm reading based off his emotions on how I pushed him earlier.
He's also starting to do some town things I cant expand upon further.

Can you describe how those "emotions" were town-indicative? I usually find emotional posts hard to label with an alignment. Please could you list and explain these "town things" Dwlee99 is doing when you have time.

In post 829, Fro99er wrote:I weirdly feel like pisskop is trying harder than normal (?). It's a really shitty meta read, but I've never been able to read PK.

My scum-lean read of pisskop is not based on meta, but I found your comments interesting. I am currently frustrated with pisskop's reluctance to respond to my queries and questions.

In post 826, JarJarDrinks wrote:I can buy Dwlee being town.
Cause he doesn't make sense as scumbuddies w/ a few of my other scumreads

I am curious - do you have any other reasons to town-read Dwlee99, except for pre-flip association tells with your other scum-reads?

How is this scumhunting?

You don't feel like explaining why you're scumreading me when everything you lsited that I'd done was either town or null?

Oh sure, other people can yuk it up all they want, but I can't ask a simple (somewhat off-topic) question without it being "not scumhunting"? Why does everyone do this? :?

You don't ask several "off-topic" questions, all of your questions have no real relevance whatsoever. It's not just that a few of your posts aren't alignment indicative questions, you just plain and simple aren't scumhunting.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:26 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 958, Keyser Söze wrote:With this knowledge in mind, are any of your other town reads or scum reads based on the fact your town reads are also town/scum reading that player?
None of my reads are based on what my townreads think. All I said was "I can buy Dwlee being town". I'm not townreading him.

In post 958, Keyser Söze wrote:What in particular is Fro99er doing that is "completely the same"?

- Moving his votes alot
- paying alot of attention to people that attack him
- self meta'ing
- just making a shitload of posts

Like I just feel like when something crosses frogs mind, he just immediately spits it out w/o giving it too much thought. Scum should be thinking about and choosing their words more carefully.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:36 am

Post by davesaz »

@Nosferatu:
Have a look at this post and my alignment in that game.
This is one of the ways I scumhunt. It's not what you expect to see so you think I'm scum, but you're wrong.
I'm going out of my way to not react the way I reacted to the linked post. Y'all are trying my patience.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:42 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

The fuck is with people and citing shitty meta defenses for their play?

Why don't you shape up and share some reads instead of bitching and moaning that you're being scumread, or maybe explain WHY THE FUCK YOU SCUMREAD ME FOR THINGS YOU LABELLED AS NULL OR TOWN.

BTW, I started reading that for your meta and I nearly puked in my mouth Titus was so obvscum.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:49 am

Post by davesaz »

davesaz, Keyser Söze, Aeronaut, Nosferatu
JarJarDrinks, Dwlee99, Fro99er,
Nero Cain, Zulfy, Frozen Angel, DeathNote,
RadiantCowbells, Wickedestjr,
pisskop, Wake88,
TheCow

Keyser and Nosferatu are strong enough town to me to call them obvious. Aero is the weakest of the strong / strongest of the weak.

TheCow is overtly avoiding doing anything. This is the scummiest behavior to me but I don't think it's the best lynch because we would only have the VCA to go on.
Wake is avoiding the thread. I've seen him do this as scum in a game. I have not looked to see if it's site wide or just this game. Yes, that would be a good thing to check.

Pisskop had a little burst of activity and faded when it didn't yield anything. I have never seen him fail to attack something as town. It might not be a good attack and I usually scumread him for it, but it's consistent. The fact he's not doing anything speaks even louder than not doing anything that I would see as scummy.

VOTE: pisskop
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:50 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

explain WHY THE FUCK YOU SCUMREAD ME FOR THINGS YOU LABELLED AS NULL OR TOWN.

still waiting.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:52 am

Post by Nosferatu »

yeah, you also posted a shit ton more often there and some of your questions actually meant something. If
you
, the person
asking the questions
aren't doing anything with those questions, they are meaningless. It becomes literally a waste of space.

p-edit: making me town in your out of the blue readlist isn't going to make me stop scumreading you btw
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:53 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 971, davesaz wrote:Pisskop had a little burst of activity and faded when it didn't yield anything. I have never seen him fail to attack something as town. It might not be a good attack and I usually scumread him for it, but it's consistent. The fact he's not doing anything speaks even louder than not doing anything that I would see as scummy.

eww. Can you do me a solid and read my scum meta?

its all in the wiki.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”