Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:46 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1029, Fro99er wrote:@Keyser

In post 1026, Keyser Söze wrote:Please can you explain the development of your scum-read of davesaz

Thank you for interacting with me Fro99er. This is a positive step forward.

Here are my interactions with/about davesaz with added thought-processes included in
red
:
Spoiler:
In post 786, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 784, davesaz wrote:In the first quote you say you'll vote him if he's the scummiest, in the 2nd you say you'll vote him if you scum read him. Please explain.

Yes to both.
I will vote who I think is the scummiest.
I will vote who I scum-read.

@davesaz - is that scum-indicative?
That felt like a poor question to ask davesaz. What was you trying to clarify?
[
Does this aid his scum-hunting or does it keep active pressure on town?
]
In post 793, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 790, davesaz wrote:Going by the first post, you'll vote the scummiest. So if he is scummy but not the scummiest, then you wont vote him.
Going by the 2nd post, you'll vote him if he's scummy regardless.

Yes, I'll vote for him if he is my top scum read or if I scum-read him.

In post 790, davesaz wrote:Both can be true, if he's the only person you think is scummy. If not, then it's a logical inconsistency.
Or there may be a different explanation. In either case, with your answer (or lack of answer) I'll have more information for my reads.

It's quite simple: I vote for who I think is scum. If he is a town-read I won't be voting him. If I think he is the towniest player, I won't be voting him.
The same logic applies.

Your failure to grasp this and to turn it into a "logical inconsistency" is pathetic davesaz. [
Does this aid his scum-hunting or does it keep active pressure on town?
]

In post 797, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 795, davesaz wrote:If what you meant was that you won't vote him if you think he's town, then you should have just said that.

:giggle:
Do you realise what you are posting? It is pressure but without focus or direction. [
Scum-indicative behaviour. Why does not davesaz put as much energy and purpose in his pursuit of scum?
]

In post 916, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 914, davesaz wrote:Every game someone takes a post of mine like the Keyser question and says it's not scumhunting, and I'm getting sick and tired of it.

In post 895, davesaz wrote:Keyser, I noticed a marked change in your posting style. I don't think it is alignment indicative, but I'm curious why you changed.

I am wondering why you are committing your energies into questions/pressure into non-alignment indicative discussion. I was personally frustrated when you were pushing a supposed "logical inconsistency" in my posts - was this helping you find scum?
You earlier described it as "checking your townreads by having conversations with them". I could potentially see the "train of thought" in that regard, but I question the motive and end-goal in regard to hunting scum.

Here is Nosferatu's concern/scum-read:
In post 882, Nosferatu wrote:The fact that there's no train of thought in his posts, and no actions in his posts either, points to the fact that he isn't interested in clearing the game, something town would want to do; thereby making dave obviously not town-aligned.
In post 882, Nosferatu wrote:Out of all of dave's posts, only two contain actual statements that one could derive reads from. The rest are just a series of questions and a few fairly obvious statements.

Yes, I understand Nosferatu's frustration - most of davesaz's scum-reads end in neutral positions. [
Will davesaz ever commit to a scum-read?
]

@davesaz - i) who are you scum-reading and ii) who are you willing to follow up with pressure (commitment to a read)? I am currently not town-reading you.

In post 789, davesaz wrote:Saying you have an idea is bad, but if Wicked is fishing, this is fishing squared.

Here you implied JarJarDrinks was role-fishing. Do you think this is scum-indicative? How does this effect your read of JarJarDrinks?
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:48 am

Post by Fro99er »

I just spit coffee out of my nose
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:50 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 1044, Aeronaut wrote:... Alright but dave hasn't flipped, so using that as a reason is kind of silly.

Was about to say this same thing. But don't worry, I'll wait for Dave to flip red before I call Dwlee scum by association. There's plenty of non-associative reasons to think Dwlee is scum for now.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:00 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 1042, Dwlee99 wrote:The miller claim actually adds onto my town read of wicked, I forgot to quote it.

In post 877, Dwlee99 wrote:Nosferatu is null because I don't have enough to lynch them atm.
Deathnote claimed PR - not pursuing that today.

Massclaim PR. We're all town.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:01 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 1030, Dwlee99 wrote:, keyser.
Also, at the time of my vote the entire wagon is occupied by town reads of mine. (Now it is all town reads and a null)

Thank you for your honesty. So there is no actual behaviour you scum-read davesaz for?

In post 1039, Dwlee99 wrote:First one onto dave.

Please note davesaz is not confirmed-scum, thus, the timing/presence of Wickedestjr's vote on davesaz's wagon cannot be used as town-indicative evidence.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:03 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1054, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 1030, Dwlee99 wrote:, keyser.
Also, at the time of my vote the entire wagon is occupied by town reads of mine. (Now it is all town reads and a null)

Thank you for your honesty. So there is no actual behaviour you scum-read davesaz for?

In post 1039, Dwlee99 wrote:First one onto dave.

Please note davesaz is not confirmed-scum, thus, the timing/presence of Wickedestjr's vote on davesaz's wagon cannot be used as town-indicative evidence.

Well 1008 points out some of that behavior.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:06 am

Post by Fro99er »

Fuck guys Dwlee is scum.

He pulled out the same quotes for wicked to town read him that he criticized him for earlier
Heil King Froggo.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:08 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 312, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 310, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 302, Dwlee99 wrote:Wickedestjr is the santa hat guy, I had to check their name. They seem to be active lurking with their last few posts or they're just lost.
I
am
somewhat lost. The only person that I suspect right now hasn't posted since I voted for him. Having said that, I asked each question for a reason and just because you don't see that reason doesn't mean I'm scum that's active-lurking...
Dwlee99 wrote:Stop asking questions pls.
What should I do instead?

Find something to talk about.

Also I'm completely flipping my read on wicked to town.

I changed my mind about the questions, fro99er.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:09 am

Post by Fro99er »

Spoiler: Dwlee criticizing Wicked
In post 307, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 189, Wickedestjr wrote:Dwlee, you missed this question;
In post 88, Dwlee99 wrote:RC is probably scum, actually. I am p sure of it.
And D5 when town decides to lynch you and you flip scum, rc?
If you thought RC was probably scum, then why were you not voting him? Instead, you are sheeping Aero's page 1 "I don't like this post" vote for Frozen Angel, which he removed a few pages later...

In post 229, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 193, DeathNote wrote:
Why "most likely the latter" ?

Because two scum wouldn't do that?
Why not?

In post 232, Wickedestjr wrote:I don't understand...

In post 236, Wickedestjr wrote:Are you jokingly referring to page 9?

If so, I can play along and try to come up with a funny response. Otherwise, I don't know what you're talking about.

In post 239, Wickedestjr wrote:No, RC

In post 271, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 265, pisskop wrote:
In post 260, Dwlee99 wrote:Guess I'm getting mislynched for the first time. *shrugs*
Why is that scummy pisskop?

In post 275, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 272, pisskop wrote:Im not even a little interested in a repeat of last game. Im not holding it against you.
Context?

In post 288, Wickedestjr wrote:Fro99er, why the vote repeats?

^ wall of questions from wicked that don't seem to have content.

And so I should make up some bs reason to call you out on my vote hop than actually saying what I think about vote hopping? K then fro99er.

Spoiler: Dwlee town reading Wicked for a good chunk of the same posts
In post 1039, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 178, Wickedestjr wrote:
Unvote. Vote: Aeronaut

In post 98, Aeronaut wrote:

Why is RC scum?

In post 90, Dwlee99 wrote:Because her vote on me. She should know better.

Grossss
You can't expect any of us to relate to your personal knowlage of RC or his personal knowledge of you. This is subjective and not in any way a real argument.
You asked Dwlee for his reasoning. So why, when he gives his reasoning, do you discount it because it's personal knowledge rather than attempt to understand the reason itself? I think it's unreasonable that you would complain about the reasoning being un-relatable considering he only gave the reasoning because he was asked for it. Also, what does grossss mean in the context of a mafia game?
In post 123, Aeronaut wrote:

I was also scum in that game though, which means most of what I said was just BS
Not sure why this matters. Even if you were scum, it still remains true that you acknowledged him vote hopping in another game where he was town - yet voted him for similar behavior here.
In post 145, Aeronaut wrote:Generally when town he gets into a townVtown and really flustered early on. Check Refraction Mafia if you want to see a good example of this, I almost had to replace him multiple times. As scum, he's really calm and quiet and non confrontational; check Delicious Mafia 2 if you want a good example of that.
Is this grossss?
Do you think Fro99er is aware of this tell?

In post 189, Wickedestjr wrote:Dwlee, you missed this question;
If you thought RC was probably scum, then why were you not voting him? Instead, you are sheeping Aero's page 1 "I don't like this post" vote for Frozen Angel, which he removed a few pages later...

In post 229, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 193, DeathNote wrote:
Why "most likely the latter" ?

Because two scum wouldn't do that?
Why not?

In post 271, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 265, pisskop wrote:
In post 260, Dwlee99 wrote:Guess I'm getting mislynched for the first time. *shrugs*
Why is that scummy pisskop?

In post 288, Wickedestjr wrote:Fro99er, why the vote repeats?

In post 302, Dwlee99 wrote:Wickedestjr is the santa hat guy, I had to check their name. They seem to be active lurking with their last few posts or they're just lost.
I
am
somewhat lost. The only person that I suspect right now hasn't posted since I voted for him. Having said that, I asked each question for a reason and just because you don't see that reason doesn't mean I'm scum that's active-lurking...

I like his questions early.

In post 522, Wickedestjr wrote:
In post 326, davesaz wrote:Wow, that was quite a lot to catch up.

The impression I'm getting through the last several pages is that dwlee is scum caught for the wrong reason.
First there may have been some misinterpretation of his stance about vote hopping being scummy.
That got cleared up and he's taking heat for an opinion which goes against the grain a bit.
Having a position which is "wrong' compared to the norm isn't scummy per se, but the reaction certainly looks it.

VOTE: Dwlee99
This feels like opportunistic scum...

Unvote. Vote: davesaz

First one onto dave.

He also has a lot of scumhunting that I'm not quoting.
Heil King Froggo.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:10 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 1057, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 312, Dwlee99 wrote:
I
am

Find something to talk about.

Also I'm completely flipping my read on wicked to town.

I changed my mind about the questions, fro99er.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:10 am

Post by Fro99er »

Ah missed that.

Why did that one post completely flip your read of wicked?
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:10 am

Post by Fro99er »

And why was your mind changed about the questions?
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:11 am

Post by Fro99er »

What suddenly made those townie questions to you?
Heil King Froggo.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:12 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

holy fuck frog, good catch
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:13 am

Post by Fro99er »

I am completely flipping my read on Dwlee to scum.

:P
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:15 am

Post by Fro99er »

Like - going from

"wall of questions without content" (paraphrase)

To

"I like his early questions" (direct quote)

Makes no sense. How can you completely change from what essentially reads as "his questions sucked" to "those exact same questions were good"
Heil King Froggo.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:16 am

Post by Aeronaut »

VOTE: Dwlee
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:17 am

Post by Aeronaut »

That's a good fucking point frogger.
2023 W/L | 1-0
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:18 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

@Dwle

Flipping your read is one thing. Pointing to posts that you once read as scummy and using them to now townread is different.

Like, a normal townie that changes their read should be like "Ok those posts were scummy but I can get past them because I'm now townreading him cause of this other reason"

not

"Ok those posts were scummy but now that I'm townreading him they're obvtown to me now."
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:18 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 551, Dwlee99 wrote:Keyser is scum. I feel it. I have to check over it but it feels like his play in justified.

Also you never expanded on this.

Why aren't you still scum reading Keyser?

It feels like scum!dwlee made this up.

Also, given I'm town reading Keyser, I find this hard to believe ... or should I say it isn't ... JUSTIFIED (dun dun dun)
Heil King Froggo.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:19 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

VOTE: Dwlee
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:20 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I mean I don't like Dwlee very much but I can't imagine Daves being town here.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:20 am

Post by Fro99er »

It's kinda funny.

The bullshit reasons I find to scum read people are often correct (davesaz opening, dwlee's bolding).

Most of the time people then jump on me for pushing bullshit reasons, but they aren't really BS. they just seem like BS until later they are proven correct.
Heil King Froggo.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:21 am

Post by Fro99er »

I think both Dave and Dwlee are scum.

I'm fine with both wagons.
Heil King Froggo.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:21 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 1073, Fro99er wrote:I think both Dave and Dwlee are scum.

I'm fine with both wagons.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”