zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:32 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

still skimming

tbh, even if sharky is scum, it's probably optimal to have errant shoot someone else then force sharky to give either the same thing or a different "dream" to someone else tomorrow (depending on the outcome of the shot today and whether it is just a regular vig shot). still thinking about this in my head and trying to figure out if there's a better way to exploit this than just "errant shoot sharky"

i see roleplay claiming that at least one of {errant, sharky} is lying (or bastard mod) but i don't think that's necessarily the case. that said, sharky should EXPLICITLY claim ALL of the questions (word for word) he's asked dram so far (as well as preferably paraphrasing all the answers dram gave)

i also think this is probably the least well-thought-out scum claim i've ever seen if he's scum - he could have just claimed inventor or something easy rather than complicating things with the dreaming stuff. on that note though, if he's scum then scum didn't really do much pre-game discussing and scum almost certainly don't have day talk or they're all really awful at this game for letting him claim that
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:44 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1364, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:Aw man, if you decide to be my bud, can you change your scary wolf into this kawaii avatar I made for you?

i can meet you halfway and put lipstick on my avatar or something (though that may in turn be scarier than it currently apparently is)

btw, if i'm not the one targeting varsoon to confirm what he's claiming (though honestly my throwaway ability is probably the best to do it since it wastes no actions), i would prefer it to be literally anyone but elbirn. i get a bad tingly sensation when i look at him saying no because he wanted to do it and tbh id rather just confirm it myself
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:31 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

This game is devolving quickly, so I'm just going to admit this right now.

I will be active lurking/prod dodging until RP is dead

If you guys want to talk to me again, you know how to get ahold of me. If RP is night killed, I might actually continue doing so, because that means mafia wants me back, ergo I'm performing poorly.

But I digress. I WILL NOT play in a game of this low quality. I will also not replace out because I don't particularly want to.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:44 am

Post by Shiro »

Are you serious right now?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:57 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

DS: stop being anti-town. Nobody cares about your ultimatum because you haven't contributed in a significant enough, or obviously pro town enough, fashion.

Errant: don't shoot DS. I see no reason why scum would make that declaration when they're on the chopping block for an untested shot and thus push you more towards just shooting because he's being unnecessarily difficult.

Zmuff: yeah, that's what I was saying once I realized I'm pretty damn sure sharky is town right now. Shooting someone with a better chance of hitting scum seems better. No, I do not have a suggestion, other than the originally planned target of all the tn.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:18 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

Spoiler: 213/214
In post 213, tn5421 wrote:
In post 137, Cerberus v666 wrote:
So, eh, just curious, what does everyone think would be the single most overpowered single target non game breaking non killing thing you could target someone with that benefits town[1]
? Let's call this a thought experiment. Skies the limit, except for the limits I made. Make stuff up. :P

pedit: Elbirn, maybe. I'm leaning towards one of the two of them being scum though, and that shiro just missed the first miller claim the same way I did, since it was just quote and a single word response in a post with other content. Unfortunately, in a situation like this we line ourselves up for two mislynches pretty easily, given that I'm sure the game has it's fair share of absurdity going on, which may very well include two millers.

peditx2: dun dun dun the omgus!

1: Reveal the role/flavor of one scum, references to the player stripped, to the public via mod.

This game definitely includes absurdities.

In post 147, Elbirn wrote:
In post 142, Learned Hand wrote:
@elbrin, I think it's a strong possibility. 100% certainty, no.
I think they both are likely millers, but that says nothing of their alignment.
Scum would be dumb to cc miller, unless they were one given the heat millers get.

What in the world is a scum miller?

A scum that flips miller instead of scum. I think.

In post 188, Jeanne11 wrote:Okay, 3dice and Elbirn are either scum or ignorant of the fact that losing an investigative hurts the town.

Unfortunately, Jeanne11 is stupid enough to claim in such a ridiculous manner with no other pressure on (him/her/it/them?)

In post 196, Jeanne11 wrote:
In post 189, 3dicerolling wrote:I have said nothing about losing an investigative this game.

Nice red herring argument though.

Lynching me or Sharky = losing an investigative.......

How do you know Sharky is an investigative?

In post 207, Jeanne11 wrote:
In post 202, 3dicerolling wrote:If you are so sure, then why are you making such a big deal about my vote?

I'll tell you why, but that would require me to claim. Do you want me to claim?

p-edit: Anime duo is here. :P

You have already soft-claimed. We don't really need to know what kind of investigative you are, as that helps scum more than town.

In post 209, Elbirn wrote:Jeanne we get it you're investigative please please PLEASE stop telegraphing it everywhere fuck

I honestly think she's more likely to be scum because of shoddy play so far.

In post 214, tn5421 wrote:Voting Jeanne11 for not only outing her own role, but trying to out the roles of others.

VOTE: Jeanne11

She did this in Blitz 10 as scum.

topic: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=64414
scum pt: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=64415

tn's logic here is pretty damn awful and it's hard to follow how he goes from saying something like "You have already soft-claimed. We don't really need to know what kind of investigative you are,
as that helps scum more than town
" to voting for jeanne in the very next post based on something that she's done before as scum in a single game

admittedly, the whole "Lynching me or Sharky = losing an investigative" confused me, too, but i'm chalking that up to very poor phrasing on jeanne's part

In post 218, 3dicerolling wrote:Hi tn. Looks like you are town huh?

a bit late (cough), but what gave you this impression?

In post 222, Elbirn wrote:Huh you got me.

It's like...I can see why 3dice would vote you based on those posts, but I personally wouldnt, and given these latest posts of yours I'm not feeling like you're scum.

So basically I see reasons, and I see a possible thought process he could have, and I get it, but I don't think it makes you scum.

If that makes sense, which it doesn't.

i like the way this post is written - it is nowhere near undeniably town but it does feel very honest and it does feel like something town is more likely to say than scum

In post 252, 3dicerolling wrote:She basically scum reads me, then in the very next post, throws out a readlist basically the same as mine. Pretty fake.

went back and actually checked this. the "reads list" that is "basically the same" is two town reads... i don't think it means anything and, given she didn't say anything about your stated town reads being the reason she was reading you as scum, it means even less to me

In post 254, Mass Flop wrote:Also, tn is town.

In post 254, Mass Flop wrote:3dice is probably scum.

i don't see either of these from what i've read

also, your posts feel really flat so far

In post 274, Mass Flop wrote:ErrantParabola
zmuffinman
Shiro
Jeanne11

Cerberus v666

tn5421
BBmolla
DiamondSentinel

Learned Hand
sharky5x

roleplay25
Klingoncelt
Edgar Allan Pro

Davsto

Elbirn
3dicerolling

Approximately.

wat

how in the fuck did you have me as town (or even anywhere near that high on your list) from what i'd posted at that point?

how serious was this reads list?

In post 278, DiamondSentinel wrote:I'm disappointed. You guys are actually town-reading me even though I admitted I was PMuch active-lurking.

i don't mind this post

In post 292, zMuffinMan wrote:reading tomorrow

this post is pretty town

In post 301, Errantparabola wrote:I remember reading this thread and someone asking me why I was scared of night kill

I read my role pm
I read learned hand saying if I don't claim miller D1 they will cut me
I decided I'm gonna go look at the wiki for miller because idk how to play as
It says I'd be more likely to be killed by a vig

sad life

i had to go back to check the order of events but i... actually believe this and i'm pretty ok with saying errant likely telling the truth about being a miller

Spoiler:
In post 371, 3dicerolling wrote:Sick of this.

Vig: Jeanne

In post 374, Jeanne11 wrote:Well, congratulations. I am gonna assume it's real, so might as well claim.

In post 376, 3dicerolling wrote:Vig shot was fake.

Pretty sure jeanne is town though.

In post 377, Jeanne11 wrote:

Then why even try to shoot me? Even if it was fake, you have no reason to attempt to shoot someone you think is town.

In post 378, 3dicerolling wrote:
In post 377, Jeanne11 wrote:

Then why even try to shoot me? Even if it was fake, you have no reason to attempt to shoot someone you think is town.

Fake vig shot was for your reaction.

Observing your play from this game, you seemed like someone who would react heavily to opposition against them. If you were really were town, I imagined you would react strongly to me claiming to vig you.

Your reaction leads me to believe you are town.

bleh. this sequence of events irks me and is making me doubt my initial 3dice read. i don't mind the intent but jeanne's reaction was nowhere near a "strong" reaction and i don't see how that one post would have given you a town read on jeanne if you were not already town-reading her

In post 388, DiamondSentinel wrote:Ok, I'm betting 3dice and Jeanne are both scum. No way this was TvT, and it seems too rehearsed for TvS

i doubt it was done by buddies

In post 403, RolePlay25 wrote:They shoot based not on the actions of another, but on the frivolous reasons that their actions resemble what occurred on a previous mission!

Agents should know that those who look for connections to a previous mission shall always find them, regardless of which organization they or their other number served. Such is at best a starting point, yet here appears the end point. It is an action, not of tense, but pretense.

mm, i don't disagree with the logic here, but i don't think it's particularly telling that someone misapplies "meta" (as much as i'd like to policy lynch anyone who misuses "meta" like that)

i do think there are other inconsistencies in the things tn is writing that are cause for concern but this point is very minor, if anything, and more like secondary evidence of a lack of scum hunting rather than a major point against him

In post 435, Davsto wrote:Talk about going for the easy targets.

i am not a fan, nor have i ever been a fan or will ever be a fan, of this particular line of reasoning - i think it's incredibly weak and dumb and i think it's ironic that you're voting diamondsentinel after making a statement like this

the entirety of this post is pretty awful - the phrasing of the first line and the second line in particular

anyway, up to p21 - may continue reading tomorrow since i get off work early and don't have anything planned til late night

if i were voting right now, i'd be voting for one of tn and davsto
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:27 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1379, Cerberus v666 wrote:Zmuff: yeah, that's what I was saying once I realized I'm pretty damn sure sharky is town right now. Shooting someone with a better chance of hitting scum seems better. No, I do not have a suggestion, other than the originally planned target of all the tn.

it's 1am and i am operating on virtually no sleep over the holiday period but it also entirely depends on what people think of the verity (at this point i'm too tired to know whether verity is a real word or whether i just made it up - truthiness is probably the word i'm looking for) of the claim and whether shooting elsewhere gives us any particular benefit (outside of if he hits scum)

the fact that there's a huge list of people wanting to lynch sharky suggests people don't believe the claim or think it's a scum claim but outside of roleplay's arguments, i didn't see any explanations for this in my skimming

all i want to say is don't rush the decision; there's maybe potentially ways to break the game with sharky's role (even if he is scum) and i'd like to think about it when my head is a bit clearer
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:41 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1376, zMuffinMan wrote:
btw, if i'm not the one targeting varsoon to confirm what he's claiming (though honestly my throwaway ability is probably the best to do it since it wastes no actions), i would prefer it to be literally anyone but elbirn. i get a bad tingly sensation when i look at him saying no because he wanted to do it and tbh id rather just confirm it myself

Maybe I wanna do it because I'm not you and can't trust information you give

Maybe I think it's way too convenient that you have a useless one shot ability which the only possible utility for is this situation

Maybe I don't feel like arguing about this anymore because it'd be really fucking stupid for scum-muffin to lie about, or for scum-muffin and scum-varsoon to plot this fake alignment confirming thing that relies on varsoon never ever dying otherwise town gets two scum dead.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:42 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 1377, DiamondSentinel wrote:This game is devolving quickly, so I'm just going to admit this right now.

If you guys want to talk to me again, you know how to get ahold of me. If RP is night killed, I might actually continue doing so, because that means mafia wants me back, ergo I'm performing poorly.

But I digress. I WILL NOT play in a game of this low quality. I will also not replace out because I don't particularly want to.

VOTE: DiamondSentinel
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:54 am

Post by Edgar Allan Pro »

I'll meet you halfway at meeting you halfway;
Image or Image
and I'll even meet you further than that and go so far as to make myself;

swag out of control
into a ditch
what is my life
12 year old wife
yolo

If Elbirn is scum and he targets me, we're forcing scum to sure up an ability and, oh, yeah, if he's scum I'll be able to find out.
And Elby, m8, we can confirm that he has a dumb useless daytime target-Varsoon-to-become-his-bud ability at least
I mean, we're already buds
so he'd just be like my, uh, bud lite
and erryone prefers Elbirn to bud lite, rite?
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:26 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Thoughts on all these other momentous events that don't directly concern you, EAP?
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:34 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 1383, Elbirn wrote:
In post 1377, DiamondSentinel wrote:This game is devolving quickly, so I'm just going to admit this right now.

@Dram - I will be V/LA til the 3rd. I will have some access, but not like usual.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:28 am

Post by Errantparabola »

OKAY SO HERE'S WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN.
I shoot Sharky
Sharky flips town
Roleplay pushes for my lynch
I flip town

Right? Is this happening?
I am ready to shoot sharky.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:30 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

So your current theory here is that Dramonic is a bad moderator?

Yeah like... I don't want to work with that theory, because I literally can't do anything with it except maybe replace out and I really rather like this game.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:31 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I think shooting sharky is worse than other options, but if you're going to shoot someone who is town I the hopes your gun is actually a desperado gun as intended, he's one of the better slots to confirm as town.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:32 am

Post by Errantparabola »

I think sharky gave dramonic a dream that could be interpreted in multiple ways, and dramonic did it to make us miserable.

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:33 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 1375, zMuffinMan wrote:sharky should EXPLICITLY claim ALL of the questions (word for word) he's asked dram so far (as well as preferably paraphrasing all the answers dram gave)

i think sharky's already done this

--implosion
provided
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:35 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

And to be honest, your miller claim was the better of the two. Not that I think that "exactly 1 and only 1 miller is town" is good logic for a theme game - it makes the miller oddly a form of innocent child if its applied universally.

PEdit: Doing things other than what the players request to fuck with them is literally the definition of bastard modding. I mean if he did that isn't the natural response of literally every player "you bastard!"
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:42 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

Like I mean honestly, Sharky is scummy for so many reasons. A post restriction that he didn't claim until the 11th hour? Zero scumhunting? Claiming to have a role that will "help us later" when it hands out a gun today? These aren't town behaviors.

I mean you got a miller role, right? What was your response? "Oh blech, this sucks". What was Sharky's response to a post restriction? Let's see!

In post 45, Sharky5x wrote:
In post 36, Mass Flop wrote:
In post 34, Sharky5x wrote:/confirm
:mrgreen:
Can we vote yet?

'Cause I kinda want to vote this.
It seems I've scumslipped pregame.
:mrgreen:

In post 167, Sharky5x wrote:
In post 165, Elbirn wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Sharky
Rather than give a reason for his vote, he chooses to not explain, leaving everyone else to look very carefully into my single post for a nonexistant explanation.

In post 266, Sharky5x wrote:Jeanne v 3dice isn't TvT, so as soon as I figure out what Jeanne is doing I'll be able to decide which one I'd rather go after. That will probably shed light on scumbuddies as well.

Should probably read Blitz 10 ;p

What's his plan for going after one of Jeanne and 3Dice? Oh that's right, he has none, because HE CAN'T VOTE APPARENTLY. Number of fucks he gives? I don't see any. Number of requests for someone to ask him to vote for one of the two? None.

There are town ways to play the role he claims to have been given. He did none of them.

The scummiest thing you've done so far is get a "desperado gun" from Sharky, when he NEVER PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED YOU. AT ALL. So if he's town, my reasons to suspect you're scum drop precipitously.

Although I truly do not think he's town. Still, he's been offered his opportunity to claim third party and have us see if his role is of some utility to the town, and he declined.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:44 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 1386, 3dicerolling wrote:
@Dram - I will be V/LA til the 3rd. I will have some access, but not like usual.

Noted
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:16 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1353, RolePlay25 wrote:
In post 1344, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1343, RolePlay25 wrote:Like in all honesty, once the EP/Sharky thing is worked out and one of the two is dead.

I really wanna lynch KC. Over every single other person worth lynching.

You
are
an
idiot.

Go fuck yourself

No U
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:28 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

Man if someone was handing out vig shots, next time I'd like one.

I'd add the fried to KC
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:31 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 1396, RolePlay25 wrote:Man if someone was handing out vig shots, next time I'd like one.

I'd add the fried to KC

KFC?
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:38 am

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1387, Errantparabola wrote:OKAY SO HERE'S WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN.
I shoot Sharky
Sharky flips town
Roleplay pushes for my lynch
I flip town

Right? Is this happening?
I am ready to shoot sharky.

Might as well do it and see what happens.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:43 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

Hmmm.

Wait.

EP, is there any time limit on your gun that you got?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”