zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

tbh, if i were a lucid dreamer as sharky has described it, i would just be submitting literally hundreds of dreams and asking what happens if i submit each of them

not only because it would be helpful, but also because dram would deserve it
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:01 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1475, zMuffinMan wrote:tbh, if i were a lucid dreamer as sharky has described it, i would just be submitting literally hundreds of dreams and asking what happens if i submit each of them

not only because it would be helpful, but also because dram would deserve it

Ditto. Maybe not hundreds, but maybe a few. In a spreadsheet. In mad libs fashion. What happens if I change this to this or this to this or that to that or this person is this and I mame this happen etc
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 1472, RolePlay25 wrote:Man like, that would be on the level of me saying "Track Muffinman" in a PM and getting the result "There's no player named MuffinMan in the game"

In which case you would get another go.

You're misrepping what me and Cerberus were saying.

Speaking of which, @
Cerberus
, my bad. I wasn't really reading that carefully because this game has gotten me in a huff, of sorts.

Another rabbit trail: if others are allowed to be confrontational, why can't I be?
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

No worries DS. I suggest you relax man, it's just a game. :) Don't let it get you worked up it's just not worth it.

About being confrontational : of course you and everyone are allowed to be, but that doesn't mean there aren't shitty ways to do it. Saying "I'm gonna be useless unless that player is removed" is a sbitty way of doing it.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:32 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

Well clearly Sharky is not a thinker because he didn't think his way out of
THE MOST EASY TO WORK AROUND POST RESTRICTION IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND

I mean nevermind he seems generally competent in his other games and shit.

For fucks sake he's obviously scum
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I will agree the VOTE restriction ( I guess post restriction, if he isn't even allowed to attempt to vote) thing bothers me greatly, especially since he refuses to explain why he handled it horribly.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

Muffin, put aside the magical superpowers and LOOK at what he's posted.

It's shit. It's scummy and shitty and terrible.

Look at that post restriction claim. It's scummy and shitty and terrible.

Everyone is on board with getting magical superpowers. Sure! I'd love to be a bulletproof vigilante daycop with laser eyes too, but it ain't gonna happen that way.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:40 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 1457, Cerberus v666 wrote:Errant: which means his role is as described, and he messed up his dream. That means you don't want to save the scum the trouble of killing
what is likely the strongest role in the game

I mean think about this for a second. The second claim in the game, the first truly forced one. And it just happens to be "the strongest possible role"? Coincidentally, we picked that role out, we wagonned a random townie and they were superman? And he didn't display the least little curiosity how to use an entirely open ended and absurdly strong role before we poked him? Or how to get around a completely crippling post restriction that can be idly bypassed just by mentioning it in thread?

These aren't things that happened.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:47 pm

In post 1478, Cerberus v666 wrote:No worries DS. I suggest you relax man, it's just a game. :) Don't let it get you worked up it's just not worth it.

About being confrontational : of course you and everyone are allowed to be, but that doesn't mean there aren't shitty ways to do it. Saying "I'm gonna be useless unless that player is removed" is a sbitty way of doing it.

Well, then I'll just ignore him, as his actions are absolutely anti-town. That's logical enough, right?

Also, last thing @RP. Would you prefer a Flying Pumpkin that Shoots Lazers Out of its Arse?
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

If the role exists in this game, it's equally likely that we would wagon that person and force their claim as anyone else. That argument is null.

His lack of curiousity ahout how his role functions? Sadly, I see at least one person every game who assumes their role functions certain ways and has to be asked to get clarification from the mod, clarification they should have already asked for. I don't find it unlikely that he wouldn't ask.

I agree with you about the post restriction , thing, we've established that.

DS: That's fine! There are 15 other players, talk to them..:p just don't shut down and force us to lynch you because we have no idea about your alignment because you refuse to talk.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:55 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Errant, what happened to you? A shot was supposed to happen awhile ago, are you reconsidering your optionz, rereading the game, stalling because you were lying, or what?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:58 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1481, RolePlay25 wrote:Muffin, put aside the magical superpowers and LOOK at what he's posted.

so i'm going through his iso and i agree that the way he's handled his role this game has not looked great and i think the way he's handled his claim in general has not been great.

but if i ignore the role stuff, then i don't think his play has been all that bad. not immaculate, but not bad

is there a case somewhere that doesn't reference the dream/post restriction stuff?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

actually, what's bothering me most at the moment is that he's clearly at least somewhat following the thread but the only thing he commented on recently was diamondsentinel's post about the jeanne vig... rather than anything actually relevant to the current gamestate
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:29 pm

In post 1487, zMuffinMan wrote:actually, what's bothering me most at the moment is that he's clearly at least somewhat following the thread but the only thing he commented on recently was diamondsentinel's post about the jeanne vig... rather than anything actually relevant to the current gamestate

There's been an awful lot of selective commentary that's been irking me lately, so that's definitely not alignment indicative.
“Why was I chosen?'
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:31 pm

Post by itlepip »

Here is my question if Sharky isn't going to get shot, what if whoever EP shoots is town? I mean EP doesn't have a desperado gun, and as wrong read doesn't make someone scummy. What do we gain from this world besides just a vigi shot? If EP shoots sharky then we get to confirm both people, + I still don't believe that Sharky is really town here.

I mean we originally had a world where scum was in a complete catch 22 and had to choose between suicide and killing a partner, and now we are just giving scum reads vigi shots. I don't understand why some of you are suggesting that both parties should continue. I mean I like EP's miller claim, but it might just be a ninja mafia role that wants to cover its bases.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Itlepip: If this shot proves to be a normal vig shot, we can still use sharkys power in a more specific fashion that isn't as susceptible to poor wording on his part. If it still doesn't work as intendex, fuck it, lynch him tomorrow.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:43 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

In post 1486, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 1481, RolePlay25 wrote:Muffin, put aside the magical superpowers and LOOK at what he's posted.

so i'm going through his iso and i agree that the way he's handled his role this game has not looked great and i think the way he's handled his claim in general has not been great.

but if i ignore the role stuff, then i don't think his play has been all that bad. not immaculate, but not bad

is there a case somewhere that doesn't reference the dream/post restriction stuff?

What do you mean it's not terrible? Lets go over everything that can be called scumhunting in his ISO.

Jeanne v 3dice isn't TvT, so as soon as I figure out what Jeanne is doing I'll be able to decide which one I'd rather go after. That will probably shed light on scumbuddies as well.

No followup

@Roleplay Could you show me where Kling/tn/whoever is hunting for third party scum but not mafia?
If I'm correct, those are all roles that benefit from being lynched. Mafia does not benefit from being lynched. Kling made the comment because of the way Diamond is responding to pressure.
Let me clarify this. Kling is not suggesting Diamond might be third party in general. Kling is saying he may be a third party role that benefits from being lynched, like Jester. It's because of the way he acts under the smallest amounts of pressure.

This is just chatting idly apparently, since nothing ever comes of this and there's no followup.

Itlepip's town, I'm interested in the Cerb development but I'll admit I haven't looked into Cerb too closely thus far prior to this.

No followup

Like man, I get it you don't always follow up on everything you say, because time, because of game flow, because of whatever. But this is literally all he says.

He is better than this.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:00 pm

In post 1489, itlepip wrote:Here is my question if Sharky isn't going to get shot, what if whoever EP shoots is town? I mean EP doesn't have a desperado gun, and as wrong read doesn't make someone scummy. What do we gain from this world besides just a vigi shot? If EP shoots sharky then we get to confirm both people, + I still don't believe that Sharky is really town here.

I mean we originally had a world where scum was in a complete catch 22 and had to choose between suicide and killing a partner, and now we are just giving scum reads vigi shots. I don't understand why some of you are suggesting that both parties should continue. I mean I like EP's miller claim, but it might just be a ninja mafia role that wants to cover its bases.

Just wait. All will become clear in time. ^_^

Still wish it was a desperado shot, though. I had everything planned out there.
“Why was I chosen?'
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:02 pm

Post by Edgar Allan Pro »

In post 1405, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 1384, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:I'll even meet you further than that and go so far as to make myself;

i have upheld my end of the bargain

THE PACT IS SEALED
But yeah, have this non-flashy one you can use so that folks can not have a bad time;
Image or Image

In post 1467, Cerberus v666 wrote:Hey, EAP, will you be informed when your reflexive power is triggered? That is, if zmuffin goes ahead nad uses his useless power now to prevent anybody else from possibly learning your alignment, would you know that it happened, or would you have no idea?

I am informed of when my power is triggered and there's even a bonus to it that will let me kinda confirm this in-thread.
I can't really confirm myself back to the other player until night-phase, though. It's weird. The reflexive part is instantaneous (I learn I was targeted and am then enabled to confirm my alignment to the person who targeted me) but then I have to target that player at night to inform them.
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1493, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:
In post 1405, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 1384, Edgar Allan Pro wrote:I'll even meet you further than that and go so far as to make myself;

i have upheld my end of the bargain

THE PACT IS SEALED
But yeah, have this non-flashy one you can use so that folks can not have a bad time;
Image or Image

In post 1467, Cerberus v666 wrote:Hey, EAP, will you be informed when your reflexive power is triggered? That is, if zmuffin goes ahead nad uses his useless power now to prevent anybody else from possibly learning your alignment, would you know that it happened, or would you have no idea?

I am informed of when my power is triggered and there's even a bonus to it that will let me kinda confirm this in-thread.
I can't really confirm myself back to the other player until night-phase, though. It's weird. The reflexive part is instantaneous (I learn I was targeted and am then enabled to confirm my alignment to the person who targeted me) but then I have to target that player at night to inform them.

Got it. That was a definite overshare. Actually, I feel the entire thing about sharing the ability was an overshare. Why did you do that?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 1488, DiamondSentinel wrote:There's been an awful lot of selective commentary that's been irking me lately, so that's definitely not alignment indicative.

maybe, but whichever players you're alluding to here likely aren't the focal point of the conversations at the moment!

In post 1491, RolePlay25 wrote:Lets go over everything that can be called scumhunting in his ISO

that's not all the scum hunting in his iso (granted, i consider taking stances on pretty much anything a part of the scum hunting process - from calling someone town to commenting on how an event is or isn't shaping your view of someone - though i know some others don't consider this strictly scum hunting) but there's more to the game than just quantity or quality of "scum hunting". i don't mind the way he approached your read on him, for example. i also don't mind a lot of the questions he was asking and the things he was commenting on

i don't feel all that strongly about him either way, tbh, and certainly not enough that i'd be willing to hard-defend him for what he's done so far. i just don't think the way he's approached the game is as bad as you're making it out to be (outside of the role stuff) and i could see some benefit in looking elsewhere for the moment while exploiting THE MONKEY PAW, if it actually is one
Edgar Allan Pro
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Edgar Allan Pro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:32 pm

Post by Edgar Allan Pro »

I just want to be clear about how my power works. It is worded a bit vaguely in my role-pm.
I don't want for it to operate differently from how people think it does and for those people to lose their shit over it a la Sharky.
It is possible -- indeed it is far more than probable -- that he was innocent of all participation in the bloody transactions which took place. The Ourang-Outang may have escaped from him. He may have traced it to the chamber; but, under the agitating circumstances which ensued, he could never have recaptured it. It is still at large.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Well, siince you decided to overshare, I must say it doesn't make sense. You say it is reflexive, but you also say you gain an ability to conform yourself to them the next night. That....doesn't quite follow.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:45 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

Oh for fucks sake.

EP SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT

This game is stagnating, pick someone and fire.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:47 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

Like seriously. People I want to have die today:

Sharky
TN
KlingonCelt
3Dice

Roughly in that order.

The mysterious bullshit on the last few pages is mysterious and terrible, and is fucking pissing me off. Let me make this perfectly clear:

- If you have something relevant, say it
- If you have nothing relevant don't claim

Does EAP feel he's in danger of getting shot?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”