Open 621 (C9++): The ZAR SHOW S1 Holiday Special - OVER!

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by Lowell »

In post 598, roflcopter wrote:ai / bbt scumteam actually makes a ton of sense

In post 599, Zar wrote:
Day 1, Votecount 15
AlwaysInnocent (5): Kmd4390, Lucky2u, Aneninen, roflcopter, Lowell

BlueBloodedToffee (3): Yosarian2, Albert B. Rampage, texcat
Lowell (3): shaddowez, AlwaysInnocent, Kop
Yosarian2 (1): BlueBloodedToffee

Not Voting (1):
acryon

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch or to no lynch.

Deadline
: Saturday January 9, 2016 11:30 AM  New York Time. (GMT-5)
Countdown to deadline
: (expired on 2016-01-09 11:30:00)

Albert B. Rampage is V/LA until Monday

acryon is V/LA until Monday

shaddowez is V/LA until Monday

Kmd4390 is V/LA until Tuesday

I was starting to come around to this too until I saw the votecount. You think we'd get 8 votes on scum? Usually seems like one of two leading wagons is scum, but not both.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:36 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Roflcopter thinks I am scum buddies with everyone, revising this all the time. Yet he never bothers to question his read on me.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:43 am

Post by Kop »

Prod dodge. At work right now. Will catch up this time as I won't be distracted like the last time I said catching up.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:43 am

Post by Kop »

Be a hour or two before I get to this.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:01 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Lowell, it is possible if there are only two scum and I am one of them (not true though). But the probability of two major scum wagons on D2 is extremely small.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:01 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

D1 sorry.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:31 am

Post by acryon »

Just checking in to say that I am back from V/LA and will be doing a read-through today.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:24 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 604, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Lowell, it is possible if there are only two scum and I am one of them (not true though). But the probability of two major scum wagons on D2 is extremely small.

I agree. That's what I was saying.

I also won't rule out that ABR and BBT could be scum together. Their attacks seem extreme, but they might do it for the lulz if they think they have the game under control.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:22 am

Post by texcat »

In post 587, Lucky2u wrote:
Texcat, we haven't had a chance to interact yet. You started to question AI for a bit then dropped it awhile back. What do you think of AI? For the record, my vote is staying where it is on him.

AI is definitely on my possible scum list. But both Kop and BBT have moved ahead of him.

I think it is best for town to resolve BBT v Yos earlier rather than later.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:06 am

Post by roflcopter »

Lowell wrote:I was starting to come around to this too until I saw the votecount. You think we'd get 8 votes on scum? Usually seems like one of two leading wagons is scum, but not both.

bad argument appeal to votecount doesn't mean shit they're both being scummy so sure we could have eight votes on scum
so i clearly can not choose the wine in front of me
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:16 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 608, texcat wrote:
In post 587, Lucky2u wrote:
Texcat, we haven't had a chance to interact yet. You started to question AI for a bit then dropped it awhile back. What do you think of AI? For the record, my vote is staying where it is on him.

AI is definitely on my possible scum list. But both Kop and BBT have moved ahead of him.

I think it is best for town to resolve BBT v Yos earlier rather than later.

I think that's a bad plan if it is town vs town. We lynch one today and they flip town and then what? If you actually think bbt is scum, you should push the lynch but not because we need to resolve a pissing match.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:21 am

Post by acryon »

In post 609, roflcopter wrote:
Lowell wrote:I was starting to come around to this too until I saw the votecount. You think we'd get 8 votes on scum? Usually seems like one of two leading wagons is scum, but not both.

bad argument appeal to votecount doesn't mean shit they're both being scummy so sure we could have eight votes on scum
so i clearly can not choose the wine in front of me

Illogical or not, I agree with Lowell that it seems highly unlikely that we have 8 votes on scum. How many games have you played in where the two leading wagons on D1 both ended up being scum? I'll tell you how many I've been in where that happened: Zero. Not impossible, but very unlikely.

BBT feels town, AI does not. Anen felt fairly town but I also didn't like what BBT caught in . Rofl feels like wrong town. Yos is town. I think I like kmd. I don't like texcat. Others I'm less sure on.
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:46 am

Post by Kop »

I've had a quick over read of the whole BBT vs Yos, and to be honest, my total opinion of it all, it's a lot of bollicks. It is picking arguments for the sake of picking arguments and hoping to pin the slightest thing on each other. I agree with what Yos is saying that we find who is being the most town, and narrow it down in that sense. As it kind of makes sense, if we were to scum read the people being scummy, the list would be a lot greater than the people being town, generally speaking. I just don't see the problem that BBT picked upon it, and why he has made such a big deal from it, even though he did say he agreed with it.

However, I still stand by the fact that it's town vs town, it was a simple coming together about something small, it just imploded from there. I don't think either are scum.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:28 am

Post by roflcopter »

acryon says ai does not feel town, yet i feel like wrong town. error error does not compute.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:31 am

Post by acryon »

In post 613, roflcopter wrote:acryon says ai does not feel town, yet i feel like wrong town. error error does not compute.

I think you're wrong about BBT.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:43 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Why am I not town, Acryon?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:04 am

Post by acryon »

In post 615, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Why am I not town, Acryon?

is nothing. Posts like and don't feel town. The former feels like buddying and the latter is a crappy absolute conclusion. It seems a lot of your posts are concerned with scumteams which seems questionable to speculate on so heavily without a single flip. It just feels like you faux-scumhunting while also leaving your options open for pushes.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:05 am

Post by Aneninen »

This year is starting out with very little free time for me. The drop you'll experience in my activity is not a tell in itself. Thank you for understanding.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:06 am

Post by roflcopter »

acryon y u no vote for ai?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:07 am

Post by acryon »

In post 618, roflcopter wrote:acryon y u no vote for ai?

Bad experiences with people quickhammering.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:26 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 581, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 563, Kmd4390 wrote:BBT, I don't remember you being this tunnely...

I tunnel as either alignment.

No, actually, you were much softer as scum. Although I've seen you as scum only once before and I was scum too in that game.

In post 581, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I just did. He hopped aboard the wagon very nonchalant. I don't think he would do that as scum, it just looks too obvious. Scum tend to flesh their votes out more so they look more legit when people revisit them after flips, I'm not seeing that from AI.

Nope.
I've seen scums hopping on wagons with little-to-none reasoning.

In post 581, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Either I'm in danger of being lynched or we're running out of time.

K that makes sense.

In post 581, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:OK, I agree that ABR can be difficult to read (I'm pretty sure he has tricked me before) but I still don't like the way you phrased that post. I mean, if you were looking for consistency in his reads, why didn't you ask who he thought was scum on the wagon? Why provide him with his previous reads and thus give him a much lower chance of slipping up? It doesn't really make sense.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
I wanted to see his reasoning but I don't think it would ever be the same as it would have been without talking about this.

In post 581, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I feel like he is town but I want to scum read him out of frustration.

I don't like this and I don't know why.

In post 582, AlwaysInnocent wrote:If I get lynched, I want Roflcopter to reflect back on his tunneling and check what he missed because he was tunneling me. I think that there is at least one scum on my wagon.

Just try to believe that Rofl is town, will you?

In post 584, Yosarian2 wrote:And you're still doing this no-content "lynch Yos just because" thing. It just looks like a fake tunnel.

Need you be that survivalistique while answering a terrible WIFOM?

In post 587, Lucky2u wrote:BBT vs Yos is a waste of time that is still happening, it's town vs town.

And I still think so.

In post 587, Lucky2u wrote:Anen's post felt like he was most interested in spreading doubt. I'm giving him a scum lean.

What sort of doubt have I spread?
I have my own reads, why for the dancing fairies' still hoping to abduct me for another hundred of years should I adjust my reads to something that would earn me more town credit?

In post 587, Lucky2u wrote:Texcat, we haven't had a chance to interact yet.

I like this part. (Why would a scum need open a new "battlefront"?)

In post 597, Albert B. Rampage wrote:BBT was in good standing and then he just ruined himself. Like a heroin addict, he threw everything away for his Yosarian vote and now his stock price and credibility are at rock bottom. If he had any shred of town in him,
he would have listened to me
and the others and backed off this ridiculous nonsensical tunnel.

? for the underlined part

In post 598, roflcopter wrote:ai / bbt scumteam actually makes a ton of sense

...because?

In post 600, Lowell wrote:I was starting to come around to this too until I saw the votecount. You think we'd get 8 votes on scum? Usually seems like one of two leading wagons is scum, but not both.

Erm, at that point there were 3–3 votes for BBT and Lowell. Besides, if scums have PRs, it matters whom is to get lynched.

In post 607, Lowell wrote:I also won't rule out that ABR and BBT could be scum together. Their attacks seem extreme, but they might do it for the lulz if they think they have the game under control.

Please, explain how ABR keeps the game under his control.

In post 608, texcat wrote:I think it is best for town to resolve BBT v Yos earlier rather than later.

I'm just leaving this quote here.

In post 611, acryon wrote:How many games have you played in where the two leading wagons on D1 both ended up being scum?

Erm, I've seen a game like that. There were a counterwagon on a scum, because the main wagon would have hit the Mafia Encryptor. Mini1601 or something like that.

In post 611, acryon wrote:BBT feels town, AI does not. Anen felt fairly town but I also didn't like what BBT caught in 576. Rofl feels like wrong town. Yos is town. I think I like kmd. I don't like texcat. Others I'm less sure on.

What's your problem with TexCat. As for your other reads, well-okay. Oh, why Rofl is "wrong town"?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:31 am

Post by acryon »

In post 620, Aneninen wrote:
In post 611, acryon wrote:How many games have you played in where the two leading wagons on D1 both ended up being scum?

Erm, I've seen a game like that. There were a counterwagon on a scum, because the main wagon would have hit the Mafia Encryptor. Mini1601 or something like that.

One whole game? You're just proving my point that it's incredibly unlikely.

In post 620, Aneninen wrote:
In post 611, acryon wrote:BBT feels town, AI does not. Anen felt fairly town but I also didn't like what BBT caught in 576. Rofl feels like wrong town. Yos is town. I think I like kmd. I don't like texcat. Others I'm less sure on.

What's your problem with TexCat. As for your other reads, well-okay. Oh, why Rofl is "wrong town"?

Rofl is wrong town because BBT is town. Regarding texcat, actually in re-reading through texcat to see what I felt was off, I realize I misread something because I actually don't not like him.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:38 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 619, acryon wrote:
In post 618, roflcopter wrote:acryon y u no vote for ai?

Bad experiences with people quickhammering.
This post makes me think you are town.

Well played if you are scum, though.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:40 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Anen is town.

Will read game thoroughly tomorrow.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:08 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 620, Aneninen wrote:? for the underlined part

I said "BBT stop this madness" and he ignored. If town he probably would have given consideration.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

Return to “Completed Open Games”