Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by Learned Hand »

OK, that would have been nice to know a few hours ago...
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:35 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Post #1981 (isolation #28) » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:58 am pst

In post 1981, dramonic wrote:
Votecount 13: What is this?

itlepip (4): 3dicerolling, Cerberus v666, Jeanne11, Roleplay25
Davsto (2): Mass Flop, DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel (2): ErrantParabola, itlepip
Elbirn (1): Learned Hand
Learned Hand (1): Elbirn
Mass Flop (1): Davsto
roleplay25 (1): Klingoncelt
Shiro (1): zmuffinman

Not Voting: EAP, Shiro, sharky5x

It is 9 to lynch. New Deadline is in 2 days and 19 hours.

31 hours.....
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:36 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

His countdown is to 24 hours, which is when he thinks we should all vote him if we can't decide on a lynch.
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by Learned Hand »

Well I would solo vote before Dave.

I am not voting town so...
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:47 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 2360, Elbirn wrote:So I'm Le Petite Prince

Cuz it's my favorite book forealz.

I had wanted a role that would be likely to be innocent child but apparently klingon stole that from me. I won't tell you people what my role does today, but it's confirmable; whoever I target will receive a flavor message, and confirmation that I targeted them, and what I did.

So there's that

Nice taste there!
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:51 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2366, Learned Hand wrote:
All you have done is whine, not highlight lies because there are none to highlight.

Now, you should try casing scum. Oh wait you refuse to bus.

So this is actually incredibly shite

You tell me to highlight lies. I've pointed out your lies when they've occured. Your lies have always been plain text along the lines of "elbirn did this", with no supporting evidence. Burden of proof is on you bucko, not on me to disprove. I call bullshit when I see it and that's all I can do.

As for casing scum, again, I am. Yer scum.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 2378, Learned Hand wrote:Well I would solo vote before Dave.

Oh hey something we can actually agree on

Davsto is town, we don't need to kill him and policy lynching him is dumb. Just treat it like lylo is a day earlier than it actually is and don't waste a lynch on him. Ta daaa
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:54 pm

Post by Learned Hand »

I just did. I provided proof. If people thought I was wrong, you wouldn't have votes.I am not going to convince you to claim scum. That almost never happens.

I summarized your ISO quite nicely.

You are dodging the substance. Your significant pushes have all been on town.
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:55 pm

Post by Learned Hand »

In post 2381, Elbirn wrote:
In post 2378, Learned Hand wrote:Well I would solo vote before Dave.

Oh hey something we can actually agree on

Davsto is town, we don't need to kill him and policy lynching him is dumb. Just treat it like lylo is a day earlier than it actually is and don't waste a lynch on him. Ta daaa

Yes. We agree on that.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:55 pm

Post by Shiro »

Titus I don't feel like lynching Elbring anymore :/
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:57 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 137, Cerberus v666 wrote:So, eh, just curious, what does everyone think would be the single most overpowered single target non game breaking non killing thing you could target someone with that benefits town? Let's call this a thought experiment. Skies the limit, except for the limits I made. Make stuff up. :P

......Cerberus why the fuck did you know Sharkys role here.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:58 pm

Post by dramonic »

Topic Temporarely locked while I make an important decision here.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:16 am

Post by dramonic »

So here's the deal.
For some reason, someone shat in yall's cereals yesterday or something, I don't know.
However, the behavior in the last 15ish or so pages has been frankly shameful.

It is in my rules that you shouldn't be dicks to each other. I'm cool with the occasional insult, otherwise I'd systematically modkill myself in games, but this is far beyond the line.

Consider this a final warning:
@Roleplay/Muffin tone down on the insults. It's amusing initially, but you've both gone way too far. I am out of patience for your threadshitting.
@LH If you want to modkill or force-replace everyone who you don't get along with create your own game. Modkills are a last resort, not a tool.

...Elbirn stop telling people to eat dicks :<

I will not modkill anyone at this time, but I'm seriously displeased.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:19 am

Post by dramonic »

Votecount 14: This is not cool.

Elbirn (3): Jeanne11, Learned Hand, itlepip
Shiro (2): zmuffinman, EAP
itlepip (2): Roleplay25, 3dicerolling
Davsto (2): DiamondSentinel, Davsto
DiamondSentinel (1): ErrantParabola
Learned Hand (1): Elbirn
ErrantParabola (1): Klingoncelt

Not Voting: Cerberus v666, Shiro, sharky5x, mass flop

It is 9 to lynch.
New Deadline is in 2 days
Last edited by dramonic on Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:20 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 2067, 3dicerolling wrote:Let's be 100% certain.

@Dramonic - Can a person with a role action such as this, "During the Night, you are able to dream about something, and it just may come true! Each Night, submit an action to me in "dream format" (as if you were dreaming about the action)", dream a role such as this, "A Desperado is a role that targets a player during the day in-thread to perform the following action on. If the target is scum (mafia), then their target is killed. If not, they die in a valiant "desperado" attempt. Desperado is a role that targets a player during the day in-thread to perform the following action on. If the target is scum (mafia), then their target is killed. If not, they die in a valiant "desperado" attempt."
Yes

In post 2059, itlepip wrote:
In post 2057, Learned Hand wrote:@Cerb, Poor wording. I am not inclined to go fish through an ISO with known inaccuracies.

Nothing in that goobledygook precludes giving a desperado gun.

Doesn't change the fact that Sharky should be shot next either way.

@Dramonic, can Sharky make someone a compulsive day desperado?
easy way to solve that mess.
Obviously can't answer that, but I get what the question is. A Lucid Dreamer CANNOT make someone a Compulsive Day Desperado

In post 2061, Learned Hand wrote:
In post 2059, itlepip wrote:
In post 2057, Learned Hand wrote:@Cerb, Poor wording. I am not inclined to go fish through an ISO with known inaccuracies.

Nothing in that goobledygook precludes giving a desperado gun.

Doesn't change the fact that Sharky should be shot next either way.

@Dramonic, can Sharky make someone a compulsive day desperado?
easy way to solve that mess.

Can't use Sharky's name.

Can someone invent a desperado gun use?
yes

In post 2100, zMuffinMan wrote:dram should probably clarify how roles / alignment were done this game anyway
I randomized the scum IRT the names I received, then made flavour from that. Is that what you asked?

In post 2213, Elbirn wrote:...Eh.

I think that's a stretch at best, and a good mod would merely intervene in the ruckus with a verbal warning. Fishing for mod kills or force replaces would be really unsportsmanlike and I'd like to think people wouldn't do that

.-.
Bingo

In post 2269, 3dicerolling wrote:It has been 11 pages since a votecount :/
It had barely been 24 hours. <.<
I'm a hoot
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:26 am

Post by dramonic »

Starting to look for a replacement for Sharky5x. He even inned for a game recently, WHERE IS HE T_T
I'm a hoot
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:27 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

Okay, so we have confirmed that sharky's dream is a desperado I think?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:39 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

No, we haven't. There's an interesting distinction there.

@Mod: If someone were to invent a desperado gun use to someone, as you said was possible above, and said gun use was aimed at scum, what would happen? If it were aimed at town, what would happen? If they instead invented a "desperado gun", rather than a "desperado gun use", what would the occur upon usage of the gun in both those cases?

The idea of the gun being separate from the method in which the gun is used, that is, in a kill attempt governed by the desperado roles abilities, was not resolved, and that is the crux of the issue here.

@Elbirn: I'm very surprised that it took that long for someone to notice that, and sad that I only got two answers, one from dead scum. :(

I did not know Sharky's role or ability, and my question wasn't a reference to his role or ability. Note, he did not specify that his power did not include killing abilities, and he even said he himself could have made the desperado shot. I did specify non-killing. We're clearly talking about two separate things.

That's...really all there is to say. itlepips appraisal of my post as "curious scum trying to define the power limits of town" is almost accurate, except it's, ya know, "curious town wondering what the hell people could come up with so he can have some basis for the kind of speccing he likes to do." Curious scum wouldn't need to ask a question like that, they'd have knowledge of multiple roles and team size to base all setup spec on.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:41 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

And yes, pre-emptive defense, blah blah blah, because you have what appears to be a scum slip. Got it. Noted. :P
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:46 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I mean, I guess the point, dramonic, is we want to know...to just stop beating around the bush.

Can a Lucid Dreamer invent a killing ability to someone which functions under the same conditions as those imposed by the desperado role, where the shooter dies when they target town, and the target dies when they target scum? If so, what phrasing would they need to use to invent such an ability to someone?

There. If Dramonic is willing to answer that, we have a simple resolution, and we can check it vs what sharky said he said.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:48 am

Post by Davsto »

I highly doubt Errant's gun is actually a Desperado gun and that he lied about it and claimed it was a vigilante (and through lying he is thus scum).

Why?

Quite simply, if that were true, why the hell would he mention having more than one shot? Holding a Desperado gun as scum is a lose-lose situation unless you can hit a 3rd party player. If he were scum with a desperado shot, he'd have just kept the knowledge that it had multiple shots hidden, because he would be talked into using them and that would fuck him up.

Thus, logic dictates that errantparabola's gun is a vigilante shot rather than desperado, regardless of his alignment. Sharky lying? Sharky not communicating well enough? Mod being a naughty person? I don't really care.
If this is not enough, presuming we get a lynch today that isn't me, then shooting me tomorrow will determine this.

(expired on 2016-01-09 17:20:00) is the deadline for those of you who like countdowns (liek me).

Again, when that hits 24 hours remaining, I duly expect all votes to move to me unless another lynch is imminent.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:53 am

Guys, STOP ASKING THE MOD QUESTIONS. I doubt he wants to answer all of them, and trying to figure out semantics WONT HELP EITHER. Just play the stupid game, and stop insulting people. I'm as sick as the mod is of all this crap.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 2395, Davsto wrote:I highly doubt Errant's gun is actually a Desperado gun and that he lied about it and claimed it was a vigilante (and through lying he is thus scum).

Why?

Quite simply, if that were true, why the hell would he mention having more than one shot? Holding a Desperado gun as scum is a lose-lose situation unless you can hit a 3rd party player. If he were scum with a desperado shot, he'd have just kept the knowledge that it had multiple shots hidden, because he would be talked into using them and that would fuck him up.

Thus, logic dictates that errantparabola's gun is a vigilante shot rather than desperado, regardless of his alignment. Sharky lying? Sharky not communicating well enough? Mod being a naughty person? I don't really care.
If this is not enough, presuming we get a lynch today that isn't me, then shooting me tomorrow will determine this.

(expired on 2016-01-09 17:20:00) is the deadline for those of you who like countdowns (liek me).

Again, when that hits 24 hours remaining, I duly expect all votes to move to me unless another lynch is imminent.

Valid points are valid.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:54 am

Actually, no, he's probably even more sick of it, because he made the theme and has seen it get reduced to this.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:55 am

Oh, and not that it matters (probably), but you have Davsto on the votecount twice. You separated my vote on him, and his vote on himself.
Fixed. Thanks!~
Last edited by dramonic on Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Why was I chosen?'

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”