DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3275 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:09 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Ahem, I want to say I TOLD YOU SO. You could have given me an ability so I can actually be useful but NOOOOOOOOO.

You had to go ahead and pull this crap and essentially waste a day. Nothing good has happened since there was no desperado. Sure, we can lynch one of them, but it doesn't prove anything about the other.

Great freaking job...
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3276 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:09 am

Post by Davsto »

I mean how was I supposed to know that a throwaway sentence in my role pm referring to my inability to vote would also mean I can't shoot anyone with a gun? No need to be pompous about it.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3277 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:10 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

I mean, LH's reaction to the shot is pretty town. Let's wagon Mass Flop or EAP now.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #3278 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:11 am

Post by Davsto »

I mean

At least we've learnt that whatever sentence Firebringer sent
can
give the player who it's targeted at a desperado shot that works as intended

PEdit nah I don't buy it

Titus' scum rule No. 1 "play up until the flip"
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3279 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:11 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

headdesk

Okay like.

Oh for fucks sake Dramonic.

Not bastard my shiny metal ass. If half the things people are saying in this thread are the least bit true then nothing works as intended.

Vote: Learned hand

I'm quite happy to go back to yesterday as a 1v1. Me vs. LH. Wanna rumble?

@ZMuffin: I'd normally say I'd prefer you to be your own voter, but damn, I really want this one. Do as you like D3, but can I have this?
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3280 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:13 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

Also like, no offense Dave, but you super duper have to die sooner or later.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3281 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:15 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

I mean either you're scum, or the moderator decided to make your role as useless as its possible for a role to be. I mean I think it's the second, just from what happened, but I can't like mod-confirmed rule out the first.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #3282 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:16 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 3280, RolePlay25 wrote:Also like, no offense Dave, but you super duper have to die sooner or later.

You don't say
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3283 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:17 am

Post by Shiro »

In post 3278, Davsto wrote:Titus' scum rule No. 1 "play up until the flip"

This but I kinda, don't wanna lynch her :< I think I have been emotionally compromised from her last few posts.

RolePlay25 wrote:I mean either you're scum, or the moderator decided to make your role as useless as its possible for a role to be. I mean I think it's the second, just from what happened, but I can't like mod-confirmed rule out the first.

Yea like, even mine and DS can be useful under conditions.

Unless this zombieproof thing is really serious business.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3284 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:18 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

Hey shiro, will you sheep me?
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3285 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:19 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

No.

We are lynching LH today.

Fuck this super duper WIFOM crap with the roles. I had perfectly valid reasons for lynching her scummy ass yesterday, and that HASN'T CHANGED ONE BIT.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3286 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:20 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

But actually, you've put enough time and effort into this game to deserve to know why I wanted you dead yesterday, before Itle flipped, before anything else. I might not like you on a personal level, but I won't deny the time you've put into this game is enormous. Everyone who hates text walls, you can ignore this.

The first thing that really pinged me was this post:

In post 257, Learned Hand wrote:3dice may be scum. Glad we're on the same page but for maybe tn.

Why is TN town?

I really don't like the lynch the millers talk.

~Titus

Now one of the reasons I like wagon building (besides the fact I can't lynch people with one vote, why am I never a vig :igmeou:) is that it forces people to take a stand. Love it, hate it, you can't ignore someone running around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to get someone else lynched (oh and TN was really scummy too, this makes it vastly better). If I pull back the curtain a little, the reads you generate AROUND this wagon are better than the reads you generate on the target. And this post is fucking odd. I tend to reread and reevaluate a LOT. I didn't pick up on it at the time, but in reread, it stands out perhaps even more than Mass Flop's post. It's really shadowing Mass Flop if TN flips scum, while still buddying with them. Titus works with people, at times, sure (mostly if they do what she wants to do) but if she isn't sure TN is town, then why isn't she, I dunno, pushing them? I was still being agent 007, you just don't generate lynch pressure by being silly in thread (even if everything I did was hardly subtle about its drive or intent). There's 17 people, yadda yadda, I forget half myself on day 1, but still... that's oddly specific thing to have occur.

The real treat is the Jeanne wagon though. That wagon is the gift that keeps on giving. I may be wrong, but I think it will stand as the single strongest information source in the entire game at the end. It's really why I had to drop my plan of essentially Cerberusing with more wagon building day 1 and do everything I could to abort it. I mean yadda yadda, I like how I look in the mirror, but more interesting things happened on that wagon than anywhere else in the game (if firestarter reads anything, the 20 pages of lynch Jeanne should be it).

So these are stupidly town sentiments:

Spoiler:
In post 323, Learned Hand wrote:
In post 300, Jeanne11 wrote:So take a hike.

In post 303, Jeanne11 wrote:@Learned Hand Teach me not to die in Day 1.

Saying shit like this and only stupid people scumread you day 1 is overly antagonistic. Second, it's false. All you're doing is making people WANT to lynch you. Every ounce of information revealed MUST have a purpose. I don't see any reason for Lol claiming mason. That's what you do AFTER the scums wagon you, not before.

Think before you post. Does this post help people read me, show someone as scum, help solve an alignment or unify town? If no, don't post it.

I am a stubborn dick at points, but you must know what you are doing.

~Titus
In post 338, Learned Hand wrote:
In post 334, Jeanne11 wrote:I have a reason. It's so people stop focusing on me and focus on actual scum. Claiming mason seems the most efficient means towards doing that.

It was two votes on Day 1. Do not ever claim D1 unless less than 48 hours until deadline (or Blitz equivalent) or you're at L minus one.

Scums being out to get you is the state of the game. You denied the group the ability to see who would vote you.

The first lynch is usually on town. We want to see who votes whom organically. That's the whole point of hunting scum. If you deny scum the opportunity to be scummy, no one else will see it.

Now, turn your attention to the whole game state. Give reads on every player using critical thinking and specific posts. Do not quote the posts. Use post tags.

~Titus

Although we note the "first lynch being on town" thing is one of those little observations that sends my town read of a player plummeting. It's a kind of patting them on the back and saying "it's not a big deal" as you mislynch them. Then the bullshit occurs. This is very NOT TOWN bullshit.

There's stuff like this:

In post 517, Learned Hand wrote:Elbrin isn't a good townread. Upon reading that VC, Agent Titus is moving back to DS. The company (minus Jeanne and roleplay) isn't good on TN and his response although pretty offensive to me personally, reeks of town wanting to sort people.

It itches. It itches a lot. It feels like a cheap reason to unvote. Bad reads are bad and all, sure, fine, but that reasoning feels super cheap.

In post 785, Learned Hand wrote:VOTE: Jeanne

Our hydra can't read anything with the volume of Jeanne's wifom crap.

Like that post to me reads like a white knight from Cerb but I can't exactly get much from him to tell.

Then you unvote. Then this. This post. This post.

In post 795, Learned Hand wrote:
No. I am trying to read you through the noise. If you are using it to avoid content, then I cannot read you.

I have scumreads on DS and TN.

Drixx just has policy lynch a Jeanne.

It's not a matter of keeping up, it's a matter of getting content from everyone else to read them.

~Titus

You and Titus are different people, right Drixx? But Titus is Titus.

In post 321, Learned Hand wrote:
In post 316, Jeanne11 wrote:Okay, so how do I prove I am town?!

Find us scum.

In post 841, Learned Hand wrote:VOTE: Jeanne11

Too much noise and too much smokescreen for scum to hide in. Could have the most incredible role ever conceived and I would still want to get rid of the noise.

~Drixx

She knows the truth. Do not prove you are town. Find scum. Town-Titus would go and grab DS or TN and make them the lynch candidate. She would kick the town in the nads until they shut the fuck up and did something productive. It was not so hard a thing to do. Granted, I moved it to Sharky, which might not have been a better choice than TN (even if it worked out in the end, hey! Results, right?) but there are ways to get the town in order. Titus mostly complained the town wasn't in order, you gave the town permission to kill Jeanne to "stop the noise".

Your day 1 compulsive desperado suggestion was sheerly amazing. I like it even now. Buuuut that's theory. Anyone can fake theory, because it's just finding the best move on a chess board.

This is the most glaring contradiction of all:

In post 1218, Learned Hand wrote:
In post 1214, Cerberus v666 wrote:It's not even a one for one, it's a guaranteed kill. Of course there's no reason for tn to not falsely claim ascetic now. I guess in that case we choose someone else to be the desperado, and likely lynch tn. A desperado at sharky seems best btw, clearing him is really really good.

I still stand by that TN should pick who to desperado with Sharky being a suggestion.
If the desperado is dreamed as I describe

"I dream that I invent a desperado gun to TN." Then Sharky is likely town.

TN picking says volumes about his alignment.

You want the gun to go to TN. You talk about what TN can do with it, etc., etc. It goes to EP. What do you ask EP to do?

In post 1257, Learned Hand wrote:
In post 1252, 3dicerolling wrote:So errant targets sharky, and if sharky is town errant dies?

Why did you decide to give it to errant? I thought you were giving it to tn?

I would rather errant target Cerb or tn now. The fact Sharky appears to have picked someone other than tn is startling.

Tn is the more universal choice. Cerb would stop this hydra from debating his alignment.

THIS IS A SCUM CLAIM

Heat of the moment, EP has a gun. Titus reacts. Titus has to make a choice. What does she tell EP to do? After being on "give it to TN, give it to TN, give it to TN" she ADDS CERBERUS TO THE LIST.

Where does that come from? Where is that coming from? What is that doing?

Gun on TN, TN goes "I didn't get anything" or "I got a weird message" or god knows what. Or gets a fucking day vig and becomes scum day assassin. Then maybe we lynch Sharky for fakeclaiming. Or leave TN be. Do something else. Go after DS or Jeanne or KC or anyone really.

Desperado/Gun on EP, EP shoots TN, goddamn disaster. Titus knows that, and in that moment wants a way out. Thought. Reaction. Choice. Scum.

Too much, too much. That reaction, I could lynch on that reaction alone. What is it, where is it coming from?
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3287 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:21 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

Come on Titus, now that you're not in full on helpless flailing survival mode, lets do this the right way.

You can bring the boytoy, he amuses me.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #3288 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:21 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Meh, fuck it. I'm sick of waiting.

Unless someone roleblocked EAP, he is 100% scum.

I used a power on him which would have made him conftown to a player of my choice, and I confirmed that this alignment reveal, which would come in the form of a message from the moderator, would only happen if he were town.

Basically, I caused him to friendly neighbor someone, who I won't reveal right now, and confirmed that if he were scum, he would not be able to friendly neighbor someone, because scum using a friendly neighbor to become mod confirmed town to someone is bastard.

I was asking if anyone received a message because if anyone had, I could pursue that line of inquiry. If EAP were town and my power worked, they would have also realized something occurred last night.

Since nobody received a message, and in particular, since EAP did not receive a message, they are scum, UNLESS they were roleblocked by someone. So, there is a nonzero chance that scum chose to roleblock him and are thus not telling us, but I find it unlikely that scum would choose to use an actual roleblock on EAP unless they were intending to kill zmuffin.

Note, this does not mean you should just throw all your votes onto him. We still have another scum to find if this result is correct and he was not roleblocked last night, so let's take advantage of the time we have.

I will not be revealing anything more about my role other than what I have said here.
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3289 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

That and she tried to disperse scum wagon.

p-edit: Well.....
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3290 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:22 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

AHAH

OKAY THAT ROCKS

Unvote
Jeanne11
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Jeanne11
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3291 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:23 am

Post by Jeanne11 »

I know I didn't.

VOTE: EAP
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3292 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:23 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 3283, Shiro wrote:
In post 3278, Davsto wrote:Titus' scum rule No. 1 "play up until the flip"

This but I kinda, don't wanna lynch her :< I think I have been emotionally compromised from her last few posts.

RolePlay25 wrote:I mean either you're scum, or the moderator decided to make your role as useless as its possible for a role to be. I mean I think it's the second, just from what happened, but I can't like mod-confirmed rule out the first.

Yea like, even mine and DS can be useful under conditions.

Unless this zombieproof thing is really serious business.

Actually, my role doesn't say anything about getting girlfriends. I
sorta guilted the mod into letting it happen
asked the mod if, since the girlfriends were mentioned on the rolecard, if I could get abilities through them.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3293 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:25 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

So wait, like, there be two roles in the game that give other people powers?

mannn, if you're town I've gotta ask what you love so much about Sharky/Fire.

Why didn't you claim it before the shot?
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3294 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:25 am

Post by Learned Hand »

Yep. Totally makes great sense what just happened. Dreaming our role card flip confirming us being honest was totally sub-optimal compared to what happened instead.

*SMH*

If you guys let RP ram our mislynch down your throats, the only thing I can do is mock you, and I shall.

~D
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3295 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:27 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

Yay, with your dying breaths you will make fun of the town and threaten them with disdain and personal attacks, rather than actually try and scumhunt and shit.

Whatever could I find scummy about you? And why do I think you're a bully again?

God only knows, right?
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3296 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:28 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

Like I'm serious, if I'm dead tomorrow then lynch the hell out of LH. It's not WIFOM, I was shot for a reason. Scum doesn't have the shots left in the game to be shooting people for WIFOM over a mislynch.
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3297 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:30 am

Post by RolePlay25 »

Also Jeanne is confirmed town.

Literally confirmed.

I mean quadruple confirmed on LH scum flip.

But super confirmed anyway. Gap between her and KC is miniscule, never in a million years touch her.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #3298 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:32 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I told you fuckers to not do anything with the dream for 24 hours, remember?

*looks at clock*

21 hours.

Yeah. So, that's why I didn't say shit, it was too late at the point fb, who DIDN'T EVEN SPEAK IN THE THREAD, gave the dream out.

And, note, I said dav should fucking shoot FB for doing what he did.

And, I did not say that is what my role is. You're making assumptions RP.
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3299 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:34 am

Post by Learned Hand »

You don't get it RP. I'd like to re-read parts of the thread and try to actually apply what I'm good at (evaluating people's narrative and looking for scum since scum narratives change without any logical/rational reason). Instead, you're constantly banging a drum trying to drive our mislynch because Titus had a bad read on someone. That's all you've got. I'm sorry if you think I'm a bully, but I think anyone who assumes someone is scum because they have a bad read is not thinking straight or playing well.

I don't like playing on the defensive. I'm irritated because we gave a dream suggestion that would have put things to rest and let Titus and I both do what we do. Like it or not, she does crazy good shit with VCA. I don't even believe in VCA but I can go look at games where she discerns scum using it so I don't understand it but it works. I dump time and logic into solving the game like that. Instead of knowing for sure we're town and forcing the scum team to kill us or let conftown live ... a less optimal play was made and I have yet to see a decent reason for it.

~D

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”