Open 623 (White Flag) - A Moment in Time (Over)

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 246, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Cerberus
I read that as you saying you're not sharing reads. Is that a proper interpretation?

Titus
SS isn't scum with R. AI isn't scum with either of them.

So is your case merely against SS? Because I see it and recognize it, but I also think that the other two people you have grouped with him are a bad idea.

Not at all. It's me expressing a lack of certainty in anything, and thus a lack of certainty in reads because there's no data to work with. When I get back later and actually go through the game, I'll note anything interesting or worth mentioning, but, well...(I think I've been expressing this a lot lately, actually), I can generally find reasons why either scum or town would take any given action. Until we start getting flips and such, i can't eliminate any of the many theoretical scenarios I can imagine for most things.

Eh, nobody? I don't recall a single super scummy thing done by anyone, or any plays so ridiculous I couldn't imagine scum making them.

These are both the same question, btw. Maybe try asking me about someone in particular. I mean, when you say "If you had to vote someone, who would it be" or "what is your reads list", you're essentially asking me to evaluate the entire game and tell you who I feel is the scummiest(and why. I mean, I really hope you want to know why, rather than just accepting whatever i say at face value), and that's just not going to happen D1.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by droog »

it would really help me
keep a few of you straight
if you please got avatars
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"i dislike this guy immensely"
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 251, droog wrote:it would really help me

That's eh, that's not happening. Try reading our names?
NotAnAlt
NotAnAlt
Townie
NotAnAlt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by NotAnAlt »

Vote: SirCakez

I've spent the game up until now considering between SS and Titus, thinking there was probably scum between them, but this suddenly makes A LOT more sense. The backtrack from
In post 189, SirCakez wrote:Townies usually have confidence in their scumreads.
to
In post 194, SirCakez wrote:SS I'm saying you jumped votes too easily for how apparently confident you were in your scumreads. No conviction in actually pushing a wagon through on the person being voted.

is just amazing. Like, MAYBE I could understand accidentally saying "Townies usually have confidence in their scumreads." if it were a thing that made sense, since it's certainly a related concept. But then when you look back at SirCakez's posts, you see that he's scumreading 3 of the 4 people voting him and I don't buy for a second that he's
confident
that the scum in a white flag setup decided it would be a good idea to almost singlehandedly create a counterwagon to try to save one of their own who looked/looks like he's going to be lynched early. And he was
confident
of this happening by the start of page 6? I think the MUCH more likely scenario is that he looked at his own play, saw his own supposed confidence in his reads, and made an overly-broad statement based off of it to paint SS as scum without thinking if it made sense. When called on it, he backtracked to a replacement stance that itself is a stretch (as was more or less pointed out by someone else already) and that was likely retroactively fit to SS's posts.

Looking back further through conf-biased glasses, I noticed that all of SirCakez scum reads are players whose playstyles are likely to draw suspicion regardless of alignment. I haven't played with SirCakez so I don't know if he just always finds these players scummy en masse, but it's worth noting. Most notably, as far as I can tell, he's scumreading AI for having bad reads, when AI's playstyle seems to be to scumread whoever scumreads him. I honestly don't know how anyone can have a "confident" read on a player like that at this point in the game, but I think I might be projecting a bit now and should actually look at SirCakez's other games.

@Titus
If your tell is based on literally 2 games, I think it's time to reconsider it. SS's claiming you're scum with the same person you claimed he's scum with on page 1 (based on the idea that you're
distancing
on page 1, no less) does very much read as an actual joke to me, so unless the act of making that joke is scummy in some way based on your past experience, that particular reason for SS to be scum is pretty silly. If your tell does have to do with the joke itself being scummy, I would be really interested in seeing it though if you have non-ongoing game examples of it. I actually wonder now if the tell you're thinking of is a misattribution of the scumminess of the half-serious RVS tell, but I haven't checked the games you mentioned.

@Extrapolated Eagle
The first time you mentioned me, you said I was "likely town". The second time you mentioned me, you said that you "still think [I'm] maybe scum". Explain?
Moooooooooooo!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:38 pm

Post by SirCakez »

How is that backtracking? I said townies are confident in reads then called SS scummy for having no confidence in his reads.
Why wouldn't I be confident in that? Isn't white flag about the associatives and scum trying to keep each other alive?

Regarding the "playstyles that draw suspicion"
SS I've never played with before.
Rhazh I've played with offsite and this definitely feels off from his usual play. Trying to blend in much more then usual.
AI I've played with in another ongoing game. Can't go in detail there until it ends. I am scumreading him for switching votes around 4 times in the first four pages then basically OMGUSing me when I scumread him.
NotAnAlt
NotAnAlt
Townie
NotAnAlt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:55 pm

Post by NotAnAlt »

In post 252, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 251, droog wrote:it would really help me

That's eh, that's not happening. Try reading our names?
I made an avatar for you!!
Spoiler:

I went to great lengths to make sure that this particular avatar would be at least as obnoxious as an empty space, so I hope you like it <33
Moooooooooooo!
NotAnAlt
NotAnAlt
Townie
NotAnAlt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by NotAnAlt »

In post 254, SirCakez wrote:How is that backtracking? I said townies are confident in reads then called SS scummy for having no confidence in his reads.
You went from

Spoiler: this
In post 189, SirCakez wrote:Townies usually have confidence in their scumreads.
Spoiler: to this
In post 194, SirCakez wrote:SS I'm saying you jumped votes too easily for how apparently confident you were in your scumreads. No conviction in actually pushing a wagon through on the person being voted.

This first quote says that townies are usually confident in their scum reads with the implication that he was scummy solely for not being confident in his scumreads. After SS's reply, you changed the accusation to him being scummy for sounding confident and then not acting confident, a wholly different accusation. It's goalpost-moving and it's backtracking.
Moooooooooooo!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Apparently confident =/= actually confident. By moving the votes he showed he wasn't actually confident.
NotAnAlt
NotAnAlt
Townie
NotAnAlt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:06 pm

Post by NotAnAlt »

So, to clarify...

when you made this post:
In post 187, SirCakez wrote:
In post 185, Something_Smart wrote:SirCakez, the confbias is real. When I vote you, you call it opportunistic and trying to avoid a lynch by pushing a counterwagon. When I move off of you, you say I'm moving my vote around too much. One of those decisions had to be consistent with your expectation of town, so why are you pretending that neither is?

Yes because you jumped on me only after others had voted me despite you apparently having a steadfast scum read on Rhazh. I'd have expected town to stay on me if they really believed I was scum as you apparently had a strong scum read on me as well. Same issue with both votes: jumping off of votes onto other wagons easily despite previous apparent strong scum reads.

What specifically was scummy about what SS had done?
Moooooooooooo!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:16 pm

Post by Titus »

More than that. I would rather not discuss it until either a) I have a large sample size (which needs time) or such an exercise is a gamble in futility and I have to go with the three.

(I forgot metal gear solid).
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

@NAA
For some reason I had you and yonom marked as the same person for some reason. Now that my brain has successfully separated you two, you are a town read and yonom needs some rope.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:23 pm

In post 21, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 18, Titus wrote:
In post 17, RhazhBash wrote:Best to just play the game naturally instead of planning out our strategies D1. If I don't know what I'm doing the Mafia surely can't counter my play.

I think you're scum with SS. Discuss.

I think you're scum with Rhazh and you're distancing.

This post, joke or no, is a defensive overreaction in RVS under very little to no pressure that I have seen newer and older players commit and rarely is it not an indication of scum.

Town typically responds with questions and maybe confusion, but not raw anger or fear
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:24 pm

In post 259, Titus wrote:More than that. I would rather not discuss it until either a) I have a large sample size (which needs time) or such an exercise is a gamble in futility and I have to go with the three.

Could you rephrase this for me? The grammar just took my head and twisted it into a two-half hitches.
NotAnAlt
NotAnAlt
Townie
NotAnAlt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:36 pm

Post by NotAnAlt »

In post 259, Titus wrote:More than that. I would rather not discuss it until either a) I have a large sample size (which needs time) or such an exercise is a gamble in futility and I have to go with the three.

I don't know what Sudoken is, but I just checked the other two. mastin2 in inorganic and Elbirn in metal gear solid, right? Was there something these particular cases have in common beyond just "someone joked in RVS" that also applies to SS this game? I'm not seeing it.
Moooooooooooo!
NotAnAlt
NotAnAlt
Townie
NotAnAlt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:42 pm

Post by NotAnAlt »

In post 261, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 21, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 18, Titus wrote:
In post 17, RhazhBash wrote:Best to just play the game naturally instead of planning out our strategies D1. If I don't know what I'm doing the Mafia surely can't counter my play.

I think you're scum with SS. Discuss.

I think you're scum with Rhazh and you're distancing.

This post, joke or no, is a defensive overreaction in RVS under very little to no pressure that I have seen newer and older players commit and rarely is it not an indication of scum.

Town typically responds with questions and maybe confusion, but not raw anger or fear
This I might be convinced of. I don't really see anything in SS's posts that indicates that he was likely to have felt threatened at that point in time (aside from possibly that post) though. Do you see anything else that makes it seem that way?
Moooooooooooo!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:45 pm

Post by Titus »

It's "joking" in a manner that makes a player less credible or attacks their reads. For Sudoken, it's a mini theme hosted by Varsoon. Blackest Magic voted there so I wouldn't go VCA.

Scum throw a discredit and claim joke frequently.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

NotAnAlt
NotAnAlt
Townie
NotAnAlt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by NotAnAlt »

Oh it was Mac in Inorganic then. Okay I see what you're saying and I can see why it's scummy. Will think about this more tomorrow because I'm sleepy now.
Moooooooooooo!
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:04 pm

In post 25, Something_Smart wrote:Lol you guys realize 21 was a joke right.
In post 22, SirCakez wrote:Vote on SS is now serious.

Interesting. Explain?

This post indicates he likely felt threatened.

Why would he tell a joke there? There is actually no point in it except that it implies that Titus' suspicion is also a joke and not worth anyone's time to actually respond to.

The only good reason for him to feel threatened about throwing names at a wall (well, it wasn't that, but Titus' read on him I imagine at that point in time was far from case worthy- correct me if I'm wrong) is if one or both of the names hit the nail on the head, depending on the experience and the player.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:34 pm

Post by Titus »

I had a nagging suspicion in 18 based on Rh not voting the SS wagon and trying to create a counter and theory crafting.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

Rhazh: You were saying earlier that you're townreading Cakez based on meta. Can you link me to some games that will illustrate your point?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:27 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 262, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:

Could you rephrase this for me? The grammar just took my head and twisted it into a two-half hitches.

I was not planning to go into detail on my theory until EITHER

A) I get more than 3 games OR

B) Gamestate makes me use the facts I have.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:43 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Droog's entrance was good, Eagle's was fine. People are saying they don't like my reads though, what about them don't you like?
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:53 am

In post 271, Something_Smart wrote:Droog's entrance was good, Eagle's was fine. People are saying they don't like my reads though, what about them don't you like?

They look like they are just how you feel about a bunch of people because theyve been attacking you or not attacking you.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:58 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 258, NotAnAlt wrote:So, to clarify...

when you made this post:
In post 187, SirCakez wrote:
In post 185, Something_Smart wrote:SirCakez, the confbias is real. When I vote you, you call it opportunistic and trying to avoid a lynch by pushing a counterwagon. When I move off of you, you say I'm moving my vote around too much. One of those decisions had to be consistent with your expectation of town, so why are you pretending that neither is?

Yes because you jumped on me only after others had voted me despite you apparently having a steadfast scum read on Rhazh. I'd have expected town to stay on me if they really believed I was scum as you apparently had a strong scum read on me as well. Same issue with both votes: jumping off of votes onto other wagons easily despite previous apparent strong scum reads.

What specifically was scummy about what SS had done?

Jumping votes too easily and his "it was a joke" thing mainly
RhazhBash
RhazhBash
Goon
RhazhBash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:06 am

Post by RhazhBash »

In post 269, pistachi0n wrote:Rhazh: You were saying earlier that you're townreading Cakez based on meta. Can you link me to some games that will illustrate your point?

http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/vi ... 17&t=34298

Catching up rn.

Return to “Completed Open Games”