Newbie 1676 | Hungarian Nóták | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:48 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 2.02 Árok árok, de mély árok

Árok, árok, de mély árok,
Azt mondják, hogy tifelétek sokat járok.
Fel van hajtva a kis szoknyám térdig,
Úgy sétálok a főutcán végig.
Mért nem jősz, mért nem jősz?

Ha még egyszer felém jönnél,
Házunk előtt a kis padon megölelnél.
Fölszáradna a lehulló könnyem,
Elfeledném a bánatom könnyen,
Mért nem jősz, mért nem jősz?

Ditch, ditch, what a deep ditch,
They say, I go to your place very often.
My little skirt is folded up to my knees,
That's how I walk on the main street to the end.
Why don't you come, why don't you come?

If you came to my place again,
you would hug me on the little bench in front of our house.
My falling tears would be dried,
I would easily forget my sorrow,
Why don't you come, why don't you come?

lynching
With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch or no lynch.

:!:
Belisarius
(L-3): AzoriusSenate
:!:
Bluebird
(L-3): Smudger

Not voting
(5):
AzoriusSenate,
Belisarius, Bluebird, Kim, MrCurlyNoodles,
Smudger
, Witch_Hunter

D
e
a
d
l
i
n
e
:
(expired on 2016-02-01 14:00:00)

M
o
d
n
o
t
e
s
:
L
e
t
m
e
k
n
o
w
i
f
t
h
e
r
e
a
r
e
a
n
y
p
r
o
b
l
e
m
s
w
i
t
h
t
h
e
V
C
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Bluebird
Bluebird
Townie
Bluebird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:03 am

Post by Bluebird »

In post 270, Smudger wrote:
@Bluebird
what is there to reason, there is not a lot to look at, only 11 pages. are you in other games or just trying avoid conflict?

I don't have quite the time everyone else seems to have. I don't have time to do in-depth analysis until the weekends.

In post 272, Smudger wrote:
In post 263, Bluebird wrote:I'm still looking at Belisarius, Kim, Azorius, and Smudger.

this is interesting when you consider this

In post 263, Bluebird wrote:I'm completely convinced Smudger is scum,

if you are convinced why are you not voting for me now? and why consider me, still?

VOTE: Bluebird

I've noticed you've got a second completed town game in your stats. Haven't checked it out yet, but it's making me think. I thought that since you had pulled out of all your town games except one, you are likely to be scum.

@Bluebird
what is there to reason, there is not a lot to look at, only 11 pages. are you in other games or just trying avoid conflict?

In post 253, AzoriusSenate wrote:
In post 34, hiplop wrote:
In post 33, Belisarius wrote:
In post 26, Witch_Hunter wrote:@ Belisarius: Do you actually scumread Bluebird, or is your vote still random?

Random. I have one townread and no scumreads so far. That still helps. PoE is potent.

If anyone is unsure of who to vote; consider the expierenced player ignoring common play/ my posts

This is just a theory but I think he saw pressure on him from hiplop and decided to eliminate him thinking nobody would notice.

You are talking about Belisarius, right? and both pronouns refer to the same person? I may have misread this at first, but I don't think so.

These were the posts that caught my attention. I'll answer the others later.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
-The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:02 am

Post by Smudger »

Hello........

Is it me you're looking for.......

'cause I wonder where you are

And I wonder what you do

Are you somewhere feeling lonely?

or are scum?

come on this is dire lets go guys and play the game????
"There is nothing more ironic or contradictory than life itself"... R.D.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Smudger
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Smudger »

In post 276, Bluebird wrote:I've noticed you've got a second completed town game in your stats. Haven't checked it out yet, but it's making me think. I thought that since you had pulled out of all your town games except one, you are likely to be scum

OMG.. did you read this>~~~?

In post 246, Smudger wrote:
In post 244, Bluebird wrote:As I have stated earlier, I scumread you because your stats indicate that you subbed out of every game that you were town, one entry notwithstanding. Also, your conversation with SRMP was what convinced us to lynch.

do you know why I subbed out of those games? no you don't. I had a real life issue that required me to sub out of all of them at the same time, go check you will see it all happened basically on the same day.

honestly you think thats a scum read do you?

as for my conversation with SRMP, you didn't vote him, so I didn't convince you did?

Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:10 am

Post by Witch_Hunter »

In post 271, Smudger wrote:
In post 262, Witch_Hunter wrote:some things that just don't fit, you know?

please point them out, I'm intrigued to know considering the posting has been light from that slot

Mostly it's her weak but persistent case on you, as I've mentioned in post 266.
Besides that, her ISO is strange. Too passive, answers questions but doesn't ask them nor does much that feels like she is actually involved in the game.
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:23 am

Post by Witch_Hunter »

In post 278, Smudger wrote:
In post 276, Bluebird wrote:I've noticed you've got a second completed town game in your stats. Haven't checked it out yet, but it's making me think. I thought that since you had pulled out of all your town games except one, you are likely to be scum

In post 244, Bluebird wrote:As I have stated earlier, I scumread you because your stats indicate that you subbed out of every game that you were town, one entry notwithstanding. Also, your conversation with SRMP was what convinced us to lynch.

do you know why I subbed out of those games? no you don't. I had a real life issue that required me to sub out of all of them at the same time, go check you will see it all happened basically on the same day.

as for my conversation with SRMP, you didn't vote him, so I didn't convince you did?

Agreed, this is bad. I want to see what else she has to say first, though, before deciding on a vote. Lynching town today would be bad, so let's not do this till we can be confident that's not the case here.

FoS: Bluebird
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Smudger »

agreed....

Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Smudger »

UNVOTE:

Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:38 am

Post by Witch_Hunter »

MrCurlyNoodles, what's your opinion about the players you didn't mention - Belisarius, Kim, Smudger? Any one particularly towny or scummy? And concerning Bluebird and AzoriusSenate, would you join a wagon on either of them right now?
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Witch_Hunter »

AzoriusSenate, what's your take of the Bluebird situation?
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:45 am

Post by Smudger »

There'll be bluebirds over..
the white cliffs of dover...
just you wait and see...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FawMg0NXpg

hung from a large tree....

Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Smudger »

In post 283, Witch_Hunter wrote:MrCurlyNoodles, what's your opinion about the players you didn't mention - Belisarius, Kim, Smudger? Any one particularly towny or scummy? And concerning Bluebird and AzoriusSenate, would you join a wagon on either of them right now?

In post 274, Smudger wrote:MrCurlyNoddles, do you ask questions?

Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:47 am

Post by Smudger »

In post 284, Witch_Hunter wrote:AzoriusSenate, what's your take of the Bluebird situation?

I think this needs to go to all...

Bluebird
Bluebird
Townie
Bluebird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:01 am

Post by Bluebird »

In post 278, Smudger wrote:

D: Whoops! I thought I'd read everything, but I guess I didn't. Sorry about that...
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move.
-The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:04 am

Post by Witch_Hunter »

In post 286, Smudger wrote:
In post 283, Witch_Hunter wrote:MrCurlyNoodles, what's your opinion about the players you didn't mention - Belisarius, Kim, Smudger? Any one particularly towny or scummy? And concerning Bluebird and AzoriusSenate, would you join a wagon on either of them right now?

I'm giving him something specific, you're being grumpy. :mrgreen:
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Witch_Hunter »

In post 287, Smudger wrote:
In post 284, Witch_Hunter wrote:AzoriusSenate, what's your take of the Bluebird situation?

I think this needs to go to all...

Point taken, but you, me, MrCurlyNoodles and Belisarius already suspect her, and Kim is busy with his RL issues, so for the moment that leaves AzoriusSenate whose position I don't know.
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:27 am

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 269, Smudger wrote:
In post 264, AzoriusSenate wrote:
In post 255, Smudger wrote:
In post 194, AzoriusSenate wrote:

I don't really understand why you unvoted. I said I was not going to hammer until there was a claim made.

In post 251, AzoriusSenate wrote:

We were getting nowhere with that day so I hammered. I think it might have been less efficient to hammer that early but I don't think the time we would have used would have been productive at all,.

Which is it?

He claimed vanilla town.

In post 265, AzoriusSenate wrote:
In post 256, Smudger wrote:
In post 107, AzoriusSenate wrote:Another point to be made is that they really are useless. At this point we should all have people we do and don't want to lynch today. Putting everything on the table for scum to see is unnecessary and could lead to them gaining an advantage. Plus, it's very early in the game so reads should absolutely not be set in stone.

In post 252, AzoriusSenate wrote:So i've reread D1 and looking at hiplops post coming from confirmed town and I think he might have been killed because he was the only one scumreading Belisarius.

this doesn't sit right either?

You townread Bel? I'd like to hear your evaluation of my logic other than "it doesn't sit right".

currently yes I do read him town, but that is not my point. My point is you state that read lists should not be set in stone, which I read to mean you don't read into the much then you vote Bel because he was on an early read list list. Is that your only case?

as for the Hammer before claim question, I retract, I didn't connect "villy" to town and it had gone from my mind...

My vote on Bel is based on the fact that hiplop DIED in the night with a very solid scumread on Bel. I missed this yesterday but hiplop dying has brought this to serious attention.
In post 276, Bluebird wrote:
@Bluebird

I don't have quite the time everyone else seems to have. I don't have time to do in-depth analysis until the weekends.

In post 272, Smudger wrote:
In post 263, Bluebird wrote:I'm still looking at Belisarius, Kim, Azorius, and Smudger.

this is interesting when you consider this

In post 263, Bluebird wrote:I'm completely convinced Smudger is scum,

if you are convinced why are you not voting for me now? and why consider me, still?

VOTE: Bluebird

I've noticed you've got a second completed town game in your stats. Haven't checked it out yet, but it's making me think. I thought that since you had pulled out of all your town games except one, you are likely to be scum.

@Bluebird

In post 253, AzoriusSenate wrote:
In post 34, hiplop wrote:
In post 33, Belisarius wrote:
In post 26, Witch_Hunter wrote:@ Belisarius: Do you actually scumread Bluebird, or is your vote still random?

Random. I have one townread and no scumreads so far. That still helps. PoE is potent.

If anyone is unsure of who to vote; consider the expierenced player ignoring common play/ my posts

This is just a theory but I think he saw pressure on him from hiplop and decided to eliminate him thinking nobody would notice.

You are talking about Belisarius, right? and both pronouns refer to the same person? I may have misread this at first, but I don't think so.

These were the posts that caught my attention. I'll answer the others later.

My point is that I think Bel is scum. If i'm right and he is in fact scum the interaction between them and the nightkill on hiplop almost confirms this.
Plains and Islands
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:29 am

Post by AzoriusSenate »

@Witch Not sure of my stance on Bluebird yet for today. I think the lynch needs to be Bel.
Plains and Islands
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:29 pm

Post by Witch_Hunter »

AzoriusSenate: we have a readlist by hiplop, post 73 IIRC. Belisarius is not listed as scum in it. Please explain how it doesn't contradict your theory. To me, it reads as if, if we're following hiplop's reads, the obvious suspect is the one with a cat avatar.
Kim
Kim
Goon
Kim
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:54 pm

Post by Kim »

Thanks for the well-wishes for my mom, everyone! Everything went great. This surgery was on her stronger eye, so she's not seeing quite as well as she was at this point when she had the surgery on her other eye, but that was to be expected. Everything should be A-OK in the next few days.

I've checked everyone's iso and tried to reread (although it's hard to look at everything with fresh eyes) in the past couple of days. I don't think what I found is too interesting -- Witch_Hunter seems town, everyone else seems null-ish.

I see Bluebird as null, and maybe a tiny bit town -- her post 6 strikes me as being perplexed by Belisarius' "By the command of Shakespeare's shade!" and not truly defensive. OMGUS votes in RVS are fine by me. The wiki part of her case on Smudger seems debunked (although it would give a new meaning to his post ), but doing the research seems like a step that newbie scum would be unlikely to make.

To me, Smudger's case on SRMP was built on a foundation of misreading SRMP's post as a reply to him (Smudger) instead of hiplop. I've spent probably most of my time and energy in this game trying to figure out (1) SRMP's posts in general, and (2) whether a scum Smudger would go through all that work. My newbie gut says that this is dishonest by Smudger and therefore scum, but Belisarius makes a good point that a scum Smudger wouldn't want to break up the hiplop-WH-Smudger "team" that appeared to develop in post . I have no rebuttal to that. (For what it's worth, I don't agree with SRMP's case on Smudger -- it just seems to be yet another misunderstanding, as SRMP seems to think "tunneling" means that you're voting for someone.)

Re: AzoriusSenate vs. Belisarius: No comment. :P
Kim: wiki | 27-99-23
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:30 pm

Post by Smudger »

Kim what would you think of two players who appear to use the same terms of phrase or mention a particular observation? Almost as if one is parroting the other?

MrCurlyNoodles
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
MrCurlyNoodles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:25 am

Post by MrCurlyNoodles »

In post 289, Witch_Hunter wrote:
In post 286, Smudger wrote:

I'm giving him something specific, you're being grumpy. :mrgreen:

I think I'd need a bit more evidence to join a wagon on either right now, but I do think we should perhaps start putting pressure on them. In terms of my opinions on the rest of the players:

Belisarius - I haven't completely shaken that gut feeling from the first day, but most of what he's done doesn't show me scum, despite what Azorius said hiplop didn't have a solid case on him and dropped it before we moved on to Kim then to SRMP. So Bel is still null in my mind.

Smudger - Seems grumpy just in general, which is making it hard for me to read him. He is pushing for people to play more and talk more and he does seem to be trying to find scum, which all kind of points to town but could also just be a scum trying to enjoy the game. He also seems to have constant accusations on him and while they normally aren't very well backed it still seems weird to me.

Kim - Idk. In day 1 they seemed pretty town and they haven't really talked too much in day 2 so I haven't changed my mind. I totally get that personal stuff comes up but I'm looking forward to when they can come back even more so to the game :P Congrats on everything going well with your mom btw.

Currently my read list looks like this (getting scummier the lower you go):

Town: Witch

Null: Kim
Bel/smudger

Slightly less null: Bluebird
Azorius

Azorius seems the most scummy to me because, despite having taken the time to go back and find out hiplop at one point had a case on Belisarius, he either didn't see or purposefully left out of their argument that hiplop dropped said case because it was on generally faulty grounds. He's pushing this angle just a bit too hard for my liking.
@AzoriusSenate
outside of hiplop's case what other evidence do you have that Belisarius is scum?

and
@Witch_Hunter
what do you think of Kim's take on Bluebird and Smudger?
Witch_Hunter
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Witch_Hunter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:23 am

Post by Witch_Hunter »

@MrCurlyNoodles
, tbh Kim sitting on the fence is nothing unexpected, and the main reason I find him hard to read. I agree Bluebird's OMGUS means nothing much by itself, but scum looking at someone's wiki isn't that hard to imagine.

Smudger is grumpy, granted, but look at his actions throughout the game. The overall pattern is pretty pro-town. It seems he did misread SRMP's post 80, but look at his posts immediately prior. He was talking about readlists, same as post 80, and the misread looks like an organic part of the conversation.

AzoriusSenate was also towny on Day 1, but his current actions are perplexing. Why would anyone, town or scum, insist on such an embarrassingly weak case after its holes were pointed out?
Kim
Kim
Goon
Kim
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:42 am

Post by Kim »

In post 295, Smudger wrote:Kim what would you think of two players who appear to use the same terms of phrase or mention a particular observation? Almost as if one is parroting the other?

I found this quote on the wiki when searching to see if parroting might have a more technical Mafia definition than the normal English usage: "Parroting is not a scumtell; it's more of a 'I-just-read-the-thread-tell.'" It was on the user page of dopog, so it's not official or consensus thought or anything like that, but I think it's true. If you want something in my own words that'd be longer and harder to understand (coincidentally, that's a good reason to use other people's phrasing), I could probably oblige.
Kim: wiki | 27-99-23
Smudger
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Smudger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:22 am

Post by Smudger »

In post 298, Kim wrote:
In post 295, Smudger wrote:Kim what would you think of two players who appear to use the same terms of phrase or mention a particular observation? Almost as if one is parroting the other?

I found this quote on the wiki when searching to see if parroting might have a more technical Mafia definition than the normal English usage: "Parroting is not a scumtell; it's more of a 'I-just-read-the-thread-tell.'" It was on the user page of dopog, so it's not official or consensus thought or anything like that, but I think it's true. If you want something in my own words that'd be longer and harder to understand (coincidentally, that's a good reason to use other people's phrasing), I could probably oblige.

oh Ok. you never asked me why I asked that question? anyway I did because of this ....

In post 7, Kim wrote:Every time* I've played with a town Smudger, he's subbed out. He hasn't subbed out of this game. Therefore, he's scum. Easy peasy!

In post 244, Bluebird wrote:
As I have stated earlier, I scumread you because your stats indicate that you subbed out of every game that you were town, one entry notwithstanding. Also,
your
conversation with SRMP was what convinced us to lynch.

In post 178, Kim wrote:Short version: I'm not convinced SRMP is scum.

In post 199, Bluebird wrote:

I am not convinced SRMP is mafia

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”