Secret Hitler (Voting)

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:46 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 327, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 325, Cephrir wrote:
In post 322, MrTrow wrote:Let me return with the second most ignored question in this game thusfar: any 'Ja' voters who would like to provide a motivation?

weren't you the one who defended a nein vote with the astounding defense of "they enacted a facist policy therefore i am right"

or is someone else not the brightest bulb in the room

that was aronis.

Thank you lilith, I would hate to see someone else trying to fabricate themselves as the person with a perfect voting record. That would just be horrible.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

@ Trow

I don't really feel the need to ask you questions about things you seem to unwaveringly believe in. I don't think Shos' actions are as scummy as you think they are.

The only thing I set out to do with my pro town arguments on shos was to answer your requst to anyone in the game for a single pro town post by shos. That and you seemed smugly satisfied that no one had done it yet and I didn't want you to mistakenly think the lack of people specifically not responding to your request there was due to no one being able to find anything. I don't really want to have a conversation with you about shos so I'm happy to end it there.
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:53 am

Post by shos »

@trow:
Anytbing? If I cannot talk the game is completely void of content?
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:56 am

Post by shos »

And as written prevously - do the legwork yourself. Everyone too lazy to make a towncase on someone with seemingly no reason does not maje me sxum. If you see anything scummy, point it out.

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by MrTrow »

In post 351, ForWhomTheJellyRolls wrote:I don't really feel the need to ask you questions about things you seem to
unwaveringly
believe in.

There is nothing unwaveringly about it. (other than a single claim of 'too dumb for scum') you've been the only one who bothered spending even a single post, to convince me otherwise.
Hell, even shos himself only recently stopped stating explicit refusal to do so.

In post 352, shos wrote:@trow:
Anytbing? If I cannot talk the game is completely void of content?

Per your insistence: yes it is.
A lot of people aren't saying a thing because (among others) you insist, there is no point to talking (or voting 'nein' on anyone in any circumstance) in this game, until it is at least half over.

Can you give me ANY example of something worth talking about?
Anything at all would do.
Anything that would not have resulted in advising my top-scumread on which policy to enact would be better.
Anything that also wouldn't be dependent on your ability to reply, would obviously also be a requirement, given the topic.

In post 353, shos wrote:If you see anything scummy, point it out.

Do you mean like HALF THE POSTS I'VE MADE THUSFAR? (and that's just pointing out YOUR scummy behavior)

Or do you mean i have to be specific about ' shos' latest ' in my previous post:
ok here goes:
In post 344, shos wrote:@trow:
1. re: getting discussion started. I don't think you understand. you are literally pushing a page 2 post that says 'people, start talking' as something serious. it isn't. it really isn't. when I say "start talking" I mean start talking, as in, get the game moving. I don't understand what you don't understand, I don't understand what you find scummy, I really just don't get what the fuck you want.

Shos tries to get town-cred for pushing the game forward with something HE DOES NOT BELIEVE TO push the game forward.
(and now tries to brush this off by doubling down on the fact: he did not actually believes, he was trying to be helpful)

2. I literally ISOed myself and looked post by post and found nothing; I ctrl+F-ed " no " "lol" "no " " no" and couldn't get it. I asked you like a billion times - PLEASE QUOTE.

Brushes off the 'refuses to answer questions', by lack of quotes of 'explicitly refused to answer questions'
but sure:

But lets return the question actually posed in the above.
quote, where you asked for a quote and i did not give one.
In this case, you asked me to quote, the question i was talking about (one you ignored) and i did.

and I think I understand now what you're trying to say. Basically you tell me 'why trust drench'? Well, if you don't, then you have nothing to work with, and if you do, then you do. Drench's chance of getting all-fascist draws will be clearer later on. so if you want to suspect him, do that all you want, but for then, assume better.

So it actually was your intent, to let the outcome of both investigations, ride on a single person.
and actually want no-one to oppose that notion for literally half the game (the hunt for missing liberal policies, requires we are 15 cards = 5 policies = at least half the game, in)

Also, when I said I wanted to skip klick too that was because I was partially scum reading bothhim and lilith, as you can probably see my ISO. I didn't think who the next president is going to be. that's probably why I didn't have any idea what you're talking about when you talked about Jelly.

So, you want everyone to believe, you went back to the player-list: for the express purpose of checking who the next candidate after lilith was.
For no other reason, than to already discuss that read.
But did not bother to check, who would be 'pick me, or the restless public(random-draw)' that would directly follow?
Despite the fact that, that very action, was the only way you knew Klick was the next relevant read, in the first place?

If there is anyone still out there, who still believes shos is town, but doesn't want to lift a finger to engage this discussion: the fascists salute you.
By the way, your mum says hello.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:13 pm

Post by Aronis »

Shos is town.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:46 pm

In post 354, MrTrow wrote:
In post 351, ForWhomTheJellyRolls wrote:I don't really feel the need to ask you questions about things you seem to
unwaveringly
believe in.

There is nothing unwaveringly about it. (other than a single claim of 'too dumb for scum') you've been the only one who bothered spending even a single post, to convince me otherwise.

Uh yes? Did you ever believe that shos was town? Or have you not been on a tireless crusade to convince us all of his scumminess for most the game? Bravo, you caught one, who else is a fascist?

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by Cephrir »

zzzzzz
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:28 pm

Post by shos »

In post 357, Cephrir wrote:zzzzzz

This.

Btw. Make this chancellor

Im not joking

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:47 am

Post by shos »

So

this died.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:32 am

Post by shos »

soooo that's 14.5 hours since anyone posted apart from me.

Can we at least have a nomination for ceph?

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:59 am

Post by Klick »

Yes, during the time a large group of Mafiascummers are sleeping. No surprise.

I'll probably nominate Blackberry unless I hear reason not to in the next few hours.
MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:04 am

Post by MrTrow »

@Shos
Why ceph?
I assume you have a reason that's better than the fact he's the second most vocal on: there should be no talking. (after you)

Should i add your decision to quote "zzzzzzz" to the list of 'refusal to answer questions'-posts?

@Jelly
No i did not ever believe he was town, no one gave me any reason to, very few even bothered to try. And the scummy actions just keep piling up

Given the amount of content (and the implied, any and all reads that are in any way dependent on shos will be ignored: like shos wouldn't want to link his buddies so, lilith is prob-town) i would be limited to:
Ceph and Jelly are explicitly anti-content
Aronis is just fluff-heavy, i do not share the 'he supplies too much text, therefore must be scum' sentiment that goes around. (while i do agree he's not as useful as he makes himself out to be (the 'ja-vote trough timeout only'+'bragging about perfect-voting-record' is a combo that doesn't sit well with me) )
Other than that, we would have:
Who is being one-directionally supported for no good reason by (up to 3) people doing things like 'taking Drench's claim of the initial draw, as a given for no good reason'?

Shos is fascist, but no Hitler
Drench is currently my best bet for Hitler (and a pretty weak one at that)

Your turn. (or anyone else, the order doesn't really matter to me)

And: i will support a blackberry nomination. (and don't see a reason to oppose Klick (especially given 'next up Jelly'))
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:25 am

Post by shos »

Yes, you should!

MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by MrTrow »

As ordered by 'obv-town', 2 more instances added to the 'shos refuses to answer questions'-list

'can you provide even a single instance (of the billion you claim are out there) of where you asked for a quote and did not get it?' added to the corresponding list of questions, no obv-town player should answer.

I would add 'why this particular chancellor?' as well, but that one has been there for a while.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:24 pm

The fact that you never believed he was town is my point exactly.

Is it not plausible that shos could have just started the game with a post encouraging activity and people to post and check in, but also believe that there isn't a lot of information to be gathered in those early posts? That's what I see there. I don't see it as some blatant misdirection. It's possible you are right but I think my scenario is much more likely.

Please explain how Cephrir and I are anti-content.

JDGA's last post looks more town than before even though I disagree with some of the things in it. I'm also not a fan of
Aronis is weird, that's for sure. He's playing anti-town, whatever his role happens to be. He's fluffing and he's refusing to answer questions.
I think Cephrir was good during his initial catch up but his posts have dwindled in pro-town quality since then.
Drench gave me two fascist policies. His posts have also been lacking in pro-town quality recently, as well as in quantity.

MrTrow
MrTrow
Goon
MrTrow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:38 pm

Post by MrTrow »

In post 365, ForWhomTheJellyRolls wrote:
Is it not plausible that shos could have just started the game with a post encouraging activity and people to post and check in, but also believe that there isn't a lot of information to be gathered in those early posts? That's what I see there. I don't see it as some blatant misdirection. It's possible you are right but I think my scenario is much more likely.

There is a distinct difference between:
- 'pushing for activity on P1, because then we'll have some workable content by p8'
and
- 'pushing for activity on P1, while firmly of the belief nothing before 'arbitrary game event X' can ever matter and actively hindering situation 1, by pointing this out on P4'
shos did the latter.

Please explain how Cephrir and I are anti-content.

(though admittedly, did end up joining the discussion)

Though, that's nothing compared to Ceph: who
-
-
-
-
-

JDGA's last post looks more town than before even though I disagree with some of the things in it.

Sorry not seeing it.
True at that point most of what Aronis said, was completely empty fluff. The rest though:

all his actual content by that point and, yeah, that did make him one of the more reasonable/useful players by that point

I'm also not a fan of

Guess we'll have to disagree on that one.
That's pretty much my 'opposes content'-argument in a nutshell.
It almost makes up for

Aronis is weird, that's for sure. He's playing anti-town, whatever his role happens to be. He's fluffing and he's refusing to answer questions.

Ok you've got my interest.
Which question did he refuse to answer?
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:34 pm

I didn't say chancellor nominations should not be discussed. Don't put words in my mouth. I even continued to state an opinion on that point in the same post which is hardly shutting down discussion. In fact I'm discussing it in the same post you claim I'm saying it should be discussed.

Again I didn't say that getting reads was scummy. We know your read on shos now, we knew it then. I still think you're going at it way too hard.

Once again, I didn't say that "who should be investigated" not be discussed. And proceeded to give my opinion on that which is once again discussing it.

Ok you've got my interest.
Which question did he refuse to answer?

When asked why he voted nien on the first round his response was that he voted nien because we enacted a fascist policy. Which happened after the vote and therefore could not be a reason for his vote. After further pressing by myself and Lilith he coughed up that he thought that there were one or two fascists on the ballot. When I asked why he never responded.

I also asked (and Cephrir re-asked) why he would never vote for me which he stated in which didn't get a response either.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by shos »

Are you sure that was gis reasoning? Becaide it sounds ike the all famiiar I-ignore-your-post - you enacted a faacist policy as a statement, rather than an answer

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:35 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 366, MrTrow wrote:Though, that's nothing compared to Ceph: who
- refuses to read
- refuses to have reads
- doesn't want readable stuff to exist
- considers, just wait and let the fascists win, the default approach to this game
- is fine with creating (even more) apathy, in this game

what's truly impressive is that not one of these posts says or does what you represent it as saying or doing
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:35 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 366, MrTrow wrote:There is a distinct difference between:
- 'pushing for activity on P1, because then we'll have some workable content by p8'
and
- 'pushing for activity on P1, while firmly of the belief nothing before 'arbitrary game event X' can ever matter and actively hindering situation 1, by pointing this out on P4'
shos did the latter.

you could really stand to get over this.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

the reasons i'm not really posting are
a) i'm having difficulty caring
b) I don't think we're going to accomplish much of anything until we get a nomination here
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:42 am

Post by Cephrir »

maybe trow is actually just tryhard scum, he sure is fond of his misreps

but then again i think that's how i got him mislynched in that one game like six years ago
Bartleby the Scrivener
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:35 am

Post by shos »

Unlikely imo. Either way, not hitler

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:50 am

Post by Klick »

Nominate Blackberry

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”