Open 623 (White Flag) - A Moment in Time (Over)

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:33 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

84: suspicious of rhazh and sircakez, who is fluffy and trying too hard, and votes sircakez.
178: dislikes SS' 177.

Some NAI theory stuff, interacting with SirCakez.

386: Thinks AI's 371 is a gambit of some kind, probably scum

389, 394, 397: Clear scumhunting, trying to get in AI's head. Did he ever actually give her a proper answer to 397?

663: Excellent analysis. Declares SS wagon is terrible. Cakez, AI, and Titus are top scumreads.

689: More pressure on AI

692, 694, 696, 701: Notes SS' inconsistency in frequent vote changes early game, but refusal to move it later in the day. Notes suspicion of SS at this point due to the convenience of changing styles once it got him negative attention.

706: Vote on SS, while stating suspicion of Titus and AI dependent upon SS' flip. Pistachion, can you explain why SS scum=AI scum? Also, what happened to sircakez as scum here? Is he just not in the picture at all anymore, or does this flip not reflect upon him in any way? I hate this vote, btw, Information lynch, etc. It's pretty terrible, but the logic with regards to titus kinda held, and may hold for AI, depends.

D2

958: Town!Titus=EE scum. Why?

I need her answers to my questions to give any sort of meaningful final appraisal. I don't know if this Titus push is opportunistic or real. No suspicion of Titus prior to 663, once the wagon was going strong, which makes it feel potentially fabricated.

Need more information.

pedit: AI, do you honestly find it likely that scum!Titus tunneled the shit out of town D1 without giving anything resembling a good reason to fall back on, and then basically said "fight me" to the person leading the push on her, when the sentiment of town was completely against her, and doing so looked scummy as hell?
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:42 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

pedit: AI, do you honestly find it likely that scum!Titus tunneled the shit out of town D1 without giving anything resembling a good reason to fall back on, and then basically said "fight me" to the person leading the push on her, when the sentiment of town was completely against her, and doing so looked scummy as hell?
Yes. She could and would have done so as scum.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:51 pm

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

It's advanced scum play. This is what Drixx calls HiPS (Hiding In Plain Sight). By playing super aggressive as scum, you can be directly responsible for mislynches and still be townread by people like you.

It's far better than the lurker or opportunistic scum game.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:58 pm

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

In post 1052, AlwaysInnocent wrote:It's advanced scum play. This is what Drixx calls HiPS (Hiding In Plain Sight). By playing super aggressive as scum, you can be directly responsible for mislynches and still be townread by people like you.

There's a much simpler term for this that's been around longer than Drixx's term, I imagine. It's called "strongarming" and it's not what Titus is doing, there's a difference. Strongarming or HiPS is when you do scummy things and don't care about it, the only "scummy" thing she's been accused of is being wrong.
"@EE
:roll: Aside from that entire post being annoying as fuck, your scumread on me makes no sense." -Elyse (scum)
Viva La Gloria
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:45 pm

Post by Viva La Gloria »

In post 1049, AlwaysInnocent wrote:I can see why you would be doubtful about Titus being scum, but it is a huge leap to go from that to "homegirl". It's just... strange.

I agree that this feels off.

In post 1050, Cerberus v666 wrote:84: suspicious of rhazh and sircakez, who is fluffy and trying too hard, and votes sircakez.
178: dislikes SS' 177.

Some NAI theory stuff, interacting with SirCakez.

386: Thinks AI's 371 is a gambit of some kind, probably scum

389, 394, 397: Clear scumhunting, trying to get in AI's head. Did he ever actually give her a proper answer to 397?

663: Excellent analysis. Declares SS wagon is terrible. Cakez, AI, and Titus are top scumreads.

689: More pressure on AI

692, 694, 696, 701: Notes SS' inconsistency in frequent vote changes early game, but refusal to move it later in the day. Notes suspicion of SS at this point due to the convenience of changing styles once it got him negative attention.

706: Vote on SS, while stating suspicion of Titus and AI dependent upon SS' flip. Pistachion, can you explain why SS scum=AI scum? Also, what happened to sircakez as scum here? Is he just not in the picture at all anymore, or does this flip not reflect upon him in any way? I hate this vote, btw, Information lynch, etc. It's pretty terrible, but the logic with regards to titus kinda held, and may hold for AI, depends.

D2

958: Town!Titus=EE scum. Why?

I need her answers to my questions to give any sort of meaningful final appraisal. I don't know if this Titus push is opportunistic or real. No suspicion of Titus prior to 663, once the wagon was going strong, which makes it feel potentially fabricated.

Need more information.

People mistake aggression for towniness.
I see no reason to townread Titus for anything she's done today or yesterday.
I think it's pretty possible that she ran out of juice D1 and mostly gave up today.

In post 1052, AlwaysInnocent wrote:It's advanced scum play. This is what Drixx calls HiPS (Hiding In Plain Sight). By playing super aggressive as scum, you can be directly responsible for mislynches and still be townread by people like you.

Yeah, pretty much.
The best scum players try to position themselves as town leaders.

In post 1053, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:

There's a much simpler term for this that's been around longer than Drixx's term, I imagine. It's called "strongarming" and it's not what Titus is doing, there's a difference. Strongarming or HiPS is when you do scummy things and don't care about it, the only "scummy" thing she's been accused of is being wrong.

Are you saying that refusing to consider alternatives or discuss the reasons for pushing a deathtunnel isn't scummy?
Because you're wrong, flat out.
I and others tried to get her to explain her read better or to reconsider and she flat out refused to.
That's not town motivated whatsoever.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 994, Titus wrote:When the day started.

I said it before, I wanted to avoid a quicklynch. I made it clear I was suspicious of you.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:05 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Meant to get around to viva this morning but I woke up right on time rather than early, leaving me no time for this atm. Pistachion, you didn't answer my questions. I'll handle viva and...idk who else, after work.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:50 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 1053, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:

Alright. So when I'm scum, I just have to pretend to be "wrong" all the time and you would still townread me?

"Oops. Lynched a townie."
"Whoops. Lynched a townie. Again."
"Fuck. I thought he was scum for sure. Sorry."

Then I win.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:41 am

Post by Titus »

I am going to be out for the day.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:01 am

Post by SirCakez »

Cerberus is Titus a high townread for you now? The homegirl comment implies so.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

I find it extremely improbable that she would take that line as scum. I disagree with AI's appraisal of Titus' scum play. So, yeah, she's probtown. Likely as close to conftown as we're gonna get in a game without PRs.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:31 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 1060, Cerberus v666 wrote:I find it extremely improbable that she would take that line as scum. I disagree with AI's appraisal of Titus' scum play.
So far it is understandable.

So, yeah, she's probtown.
This is starting to get naive.

Likely as close to conftown as we're gonna get in a game without PRs.
And this is just absolutely insane.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:32 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Do you know something the rest of us don't, Cerberus?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

*shrug* I've played with Titus in nearly every game I've had on this site, caught her as scum myself the one time I've seen her as scum, and discussed her way of playing the game with both her and others.

Grsnted, all that certainly makes me more vulnerable to bias simply because I like her, but if you were to replace her name with someone I didn't know, and I saw them, at L-2, after having been the origin of a wagon that got town lynched on D1, go and vote their main aggressor with the words "Kill me or them, I can't take the noise" or whatever her exact words were, I would tell you they were town 90% of the time.

Add in the fact that it's Titus, who I've seen demand 1v1s numerous times as town? That just makes it even more likely.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 1050, Cerberus v666 wrote:Pistachion, can you explain why SS scum=AI scum? Also, what happened to sircakez as scum here? Is he just not in the picture at all anymore, or does this flip not reflect upon him in any way?

At the time, I was thinking that it was weird that there were two main wagons and AI was avoiding both of them. At the most recent vote count before that post, everyone was on Cakez or SS, but AI was voting Cow and that wagon wasn't going anywhere. So I was thinking there was a chance AI was scum wanting to avoid voting for a buddy. This hypothesis doesn't work anymore because SS was town.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:18 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

@Mod
Going to have to replace out, sorry. Overgamed with the new semester starting up.
Speed don't lie.
CC
Viva La Gloria
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:31 am

Post by Viva La Gloria »

Just cleaning this up. Nothing to see here.
Last edited by Drixx on Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Viva La Gloria
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:32 am

Post by Viva La Gloria »

Uuuuuuugh. Delete this. Wrong game.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:32 am

Post by SirCakez »

Titus being conftown is a stretch.
Viva wrong game
Viva La Gloria
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Viva La Gloria »

Yeah.
I really don't like Cerberus's weird stance on the Titus wagon and I think they could easily be scumbuddies here.
His jump from scumreading her at the beginning to 'homegirl' at the end strikes me as bizarre and straining credulity.
I also really don't like how he was the one who prompted me to start investigating Titus but when I did he 180d and completely lost interest in her wagon.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:58 am

Post by droog »

I hope everything works out at the hospital. It's a bit too late for that in this particular game though.
Last edited by Drixx on Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"i dislike this guy immensely"
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:06 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

^Doesn't realize he is dead.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:36 am

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 1069, Viva La Gloria wrote:Yeah.
I really don't like Cerberus's weird stance on the Titus wagon and I think they could easily be scumbuddies here.
His jump from scumreading her at the beginning to 'homegirl' at the end strikes me as bizarre and straining credulity.
I also really don't like how he was the one who prompted me to start investigating Titus but when I did he 180d and completely lost interest in her wagon.

What specifically strikes me as odd about it is the use of the word "conftown" from Cerb. It seems out of character considering his philosophy about the game. It wouldn't be as odd if he had merely said Titus was a townread.
Viva La Gloria
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Viva La Gloria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:25 am

Post by Viva La Gloria »

I think it's actually possible that scum is staying off to the sidelines here and letting town players defend Titus for them.
But still, the way Sircakez declaring Cow confirmed scum for unspecified meta arguments and refused to make any arguments for his hard defense of Titus is just dirty.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:41 am

Post by Drixx »

Searching for Replacements for PhantomCobalt and Yonom.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!

Return to “Completed Open Games”