UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:46 am

Post by UpTooLate »

Why does RC only have 2 votes? He's literally just flipflopped between Tictac and Camn, and in between joked about being scum. There is literally nothing of substance, he's just hiding behind Camn and Tictac's interaction making comments about it.

VOTE: RadiantCowbells
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:02 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 320, acryon wrote:What part of ika's posting do you think is scummy? Do you think his vote lacked initial/follow-up reasoning, or do you have an issue with his 1 day absence since then?

Both, he gave little reasoning with the vote and has disappeared from the thread since.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:13 am

Post by acryon »

In post 326, SirCakez wrote:
In post 320, acryon wrote:What part of ika's posting do you think is scummy? Do you think his vote lacked initial/follow-up reasoning, or do you have an issue with his 1 day absence since then?

Both, he gave little reasoning with the vote and has disappeared from the thread since.

To be fair it has been one day. I don't know that it's appropriate to use that as a reason for suspicion.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:44 am

Post by SirCakez »

Fair, but I dislike the way he entered, dropped a basically naked vote and left. It would be one thing if he had posted reasoning for it.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:27 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 318, Lokiben wrote:
In post 313, Elyse wrote:
In post 309, Lokiben wrote:And you never said why you thought I was serious when I prompted you to.

I'll respond more in depth tomorrow because I'm going to sleep now but boy do I have some words.

I was asking you...because I didn't know...that's how questions work.

Serious question- Did you ever see post 231, in which I answered that already in-quote in bold? Because if not, then your 247 makes much more sense to me, as my 248 should to you.

All I see is you asking me why I thought you were serious and not answering my question...

UpTooLate wrote:Why does RC only have 2 votes? He's literally just flipflopped between Tictac and Camn, and in between joked about being scum. There is literally nothing of substance, he's just hiding behind Camn and Tictac's interaction making comments about it.

This vote is icky to me. The overuse of the word literally makes it seem like UpTooLate is scum who is trying to vote a townie and found reasons. A townie is "literally" doing scummy stuff everyone look!!!

VOTE: UpTooLate

Also he's perennially catching up and not posting much substance.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:37 am

Post by acryon »

In post 329, Elyse wrote:
In post 318, Lokiben wrote:
In post 309, Lokiben wrote:And you never said why you thought I was serious when I prompted you to.

I'll respond more in depth tomorrow because I'm going to sleep now but boy do I have some words.

Serious question- Did you ever see post 231, in which I answered that already in-quote in bold? Because if not, then your 247 makes much more sense to me, as my 248 should to you.

All I see is you asking me why I thought you were serious and not answering my question...

UpTooLate wrote:Why does RC only have 2 votes? He's literally just flipflopped between Tictac and Camn, and in between joked about being scum. There is literally nothing of substance, he's just hiding behind Camn and Tictac's interaction making comments about it.

This vote is icky to me. The overuse of the word literally makes it seem like UpTooLate is scum who is trying to vote a townie and found reasons. A townie is "literally" doing scummy stuff everyone look!!!

It's weird to me that you would put that much focus on the use of the word "literally" here. I think your reasons following "also" are the good ones, but not the literally part.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Elyse »

cool
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:18 am

Post by acryon »

In post 331, Elyse wrote:cool

I just wanted to make that note public so we can come back to it later if need be. A few too many weird things tends to make a scum.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by Lokiben »

Why was your assumption that my RVS vote wasn't for RVS reasons?

Furthermore, if you are in fact acknowledging that you saw my post in which I essentially asserted (I say essentially because it was a rhetorical question, not a direct assertion) that it was not a serious vote here,

Elyse wrote:All I see is you asking me why I thought you were serious and not answering my question...

then why did you claim to have never gotten an answer here?:

In post 308, Elyse wrote:
In post 306, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:
In post 305, Elyse wrote:especially since your reason was awful. (triple post is a no-no???)

RVS vote, RVS reason.

I thought so at first but his response made me think otherwise. Plus he never said why a triple post is a no-no.

And if you weren't satisfied with my response to the question on trouble making, I'll spell it out for you: You were flinging out FoSs because you were trying to plant seeds of doubt using whatever excuse you could, not because you believed what you were saying. I believe this to be true because you rescinded your FoS on me as soon as I retaliated, as I've already said. The developments since post in which I detailed this only further cement my read.

To recap, because I want to encourage more people to take a closer look at what is going on here:

I say I'm suspicious of you for pushing a weak case upon me. You immediately back off with:

In post 249, Elyse wrote:Your question about the scum motivation fueling your vote?

I don't think your RVS vote had some ulterior scum motive. It was just stilted and awkward, like you were trying to fit in and act town.

"
NO ULTERIOR SCUM MOTIVE
" (Remember this for later)

Then I say,

In post 298, Lokiben wrote:

D'awww.

Then what possible value was there in pointing that out? It's completely pointless if you don't think that it has anything to do with scuminess. Furthermore, it should have been obvious to you that people were going to misinterpret what you said as based on a possibility of scum behavior, not personality.

You obviously were not expecting for me to push back, and you weren't prepared to defend your position. You went from heavily implying suspicion of scum motivation, to insisting you never did. Therefore, I don't believe you to be genuinely scumhunting, just nonchalantly finger pointing for the town cred.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Elyse

Now it's obvious that I'm scumreading you for backing out of your scumread by saying you didn't have one. You just can't seem to please me, can you? You realize that backing out of the scumread isn't helping your case, so you decide to reinforce your earlier scumread instead and OMGUS your way out of this:

In post 303, Elyse wrote:@lokiben

I still think you're scum...I think you're misunderstanding me. Your vote was scummy, but not in a strategic way.

In post 305, Elyse wrote:I think you're scummy because your entrance was awkward and stilted (deja vu), like you were trying to provide a serious reason because it's the townie thing to do. Instead, it came off as forced and weird, especially since your reason was awful. (triple post is a no-no???)

Make sense?

This is flailing. If I said what I said to appear as a townie, that would be a strategic motivation. Elyse tries to make the case that she's scumreading me for something entirely different than what I thought she was, when it's literally the same damn terribad reason.

The kicker here is that she actually upgrades what was merely an implied FoS to a scumread, which makes her argument all the harder to swallow.

TL;DR: Elyse FoSs me for a bad reason. I call her out. She says she wasn't FoSing me. I call her out for obviously FoSing me. She changes her stance by 'clarifying' that she meant to say she was scumreading me for a completely different reason than the one I hypothesized when it's really the same damn argument.

I'm in a bit of a hurry and my mind is in a faraway place right now, so I'm sorry if I didn't stitch this case together in an extremely coherent manner, but the pieces are all here for anyone to see.

[/rekt]

In post 330, acryon wrote:
In post 329, Elyse wrote:~snip~

It's weird to me that you would put that much focus on the use of the word "literally" here. I think your reasons following "also" are the good ones, but not the literally part.

I just want to remind both of you of this:

In post 300, UpTooLate wrote:
In post 298, Lokiben wrote:It'd be nice if UpTooLate provided half as much material as they demanded of others.

I got hit with some appointments and am working on catching up, not just skimming. Why wouldn't I ask questions in the mean time?

Maybe this site demands more from participants than I realize, but I think this is a valid excuse and will be so for a couple more RL days at least, as long as UTL has a good reason and manages to come around eventually. I'll +1 the 'literally'.

Growing scumread on camn for not even bothering to defend their post that acryon ripped into, especially considering that post has been their one worthwhile contribution in some time. Since they dropped the no-avatar crusade, it's been talk out meta and old games that I can't relate to, and this:

In post 310, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:
In post 307, camn wrote:
In post 301, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:
In post 283, camn wrote:So, coming into this game, I was hoping we would be in the same team. I still am!

so you mean, you know your on the same team as tictac?

*you're

fuck grammar, answer the question.

In post 311, camn wrote:That's a real question?

That could be a legitimate slip right there, declaring themselves to be on the same team as tictac and all, and camn decides that it isn't worth dignifying with a response.

Something I noticed from curiouskarmadog:

In post 254, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 243, camn wrote:
In post 205, curiouskarmadog wrote:who here do you supposed will "read the iso"?

Anyone who is interested in finding scum?

Lets be real tho- pressure votes are pressure votes.
I gotta get back to bussing

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Tictac

wait a minute, what the fuck? who is scum?

In post 317, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 314, SirCakez wrote:

I wanted RC to share his case since everyone was sheeping that and he had (and still hasn't) given next to no reasons.

can you explain this a little further, where did you ask RC to share anything?

I think that posts like these, where he's asking for elaboration are a little ironic considering:

In post 255, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 252, RadiantCowbells wrote:Every single post by Camn pings my gut :(

In post 55, curiouskarmadog wrote:
unvote
vote Uptoolate

For that, an FoS.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by Elyse »

camn never said she was on the same team as someone. She said she hopes she is, meaning she hoped whoever she was referring to is on the same team.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by camn »

Indeed.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by camn »

In post 333, Lokiben wrote:scumread on camn for not even bothering to defend their post that acryon ripped into, especially considering that post has been their one worthwhile contribution in some time

Plus... How are you going to say my post was both worthwhile, and somehow needed defending?
Which is it?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by Some Random Mafia Player »

In post 336, camn wrote:
In post 333, Lokiben wrote:scumread on camn for not even bothering to defend their post that acryon ripped into, especially considering that post has been their one worthwhile contribution in some time

Plus... How are you going to say my post was both worthwhile, and somehow needed defending?
Which is it?

he probably means worthwhile as in it was your one major contribution. And defending because it was shown flawed.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Zulfy »

Bump
no investigation no right to speak
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by ika »

sigh...... more pages of walls
a plain farmer
a plain farmer
Goon
a plain farmer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:08 pm

Post by a plain farmer »

@ Loki
I think you and Elyse are both town. The underlying point of conflict between the two of you seems to be a differing conception of what basis reads should have. Elyse's reads have had more to do with tone and train of thought than with the words written or the arguments they form.

It's true that it's a weak read to say that your RVS vote was "stilted and awkward", but just as RVS votes have RVS reasons, so do the reads that bring us out of RVS. Your reaction in could be interpreted as overly defensive, especially the leap to questioning "what possible scum motive" could it have had, since it clearly wasn't a calculated move. So when she said your posts were scumreads, I understood it to mean that she thought they were suggestive that you were scum, not that they were part of a scum maneuver.

I'll note here something that'll return to my mind if I do start suspecting Elyse, and that is her posts and . 152 is the one where she didn't acknowledge your post and changed her vote to camn. 180 is where she seemed dismissive, perhaps because she thought you were scum, perhaps because she interpreted as you doubling-down on "triple post is a no-no", but also perhaps because she was overly conscious of her vote change in 152 and wanted to deflect attention from it.

@ Elyse and Loki
Which do each of you think is scummiest between Tictac, Camn, SirCakez, and RC?
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:19 pm

Post by tictac »

On phone.
Loki is readin incrediblt newbtown to me.
That said @loki yer tunneling on the Elyse thing. She's reading very town too.
Prev edit. Ok. Farmer town as well
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:16 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Updating this tomorrow
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:34 am

Post by SirCakez »

Plain farmer are those players your four scum reads? What do you think of CKD?
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:24 am

Post by Elyse »

Cakez is scummiest
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:43 am

Post by camn »

In post 315, a plain farmer wrote:@ camn
In post 299, camn wrote: wrote:
In post 296, a plain farmer wrote: wrote:I'll preemptively let everyone know that I'm an indecisive person, so changes in my reads should be considered null tells.

Huh.

I said that in hopes to minimize time wasted on town-on-town accusations.

No.. you said that in order to avoid heat for behavior you thought might be seen as scummy.
Though this quote is funny... did you consider SCUM accusations for you being indecisive? Or is it only townies that might attack you?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:13 am

Post by camn »

Also- I don't care if it 'sucks'.. I like ISO'ing people when I don't have any fury inside of me. It helps me.
Is it weird looking for associatives on a theoretical tictac-scum? No. It's day 1 and I have no conf-players to look at.. so I play mental games of "what if".

That said, the top half:

Lokiben- Doesn't really interact with tictac at all. Expert distancing? Maybe. Probably not. Unlikely to be tictac's partner. Side note: although I get a little pile-on feeling from this guy on me.. I kind of agree with whoever said he was newb-town.

Elyse- Also no real interaction with Tictac. This is weird.. Probably just last-game carryover.. but it seems hard to AVOID talking with tictac or cowbells in this game.. but somehow Loki and Elyse have managed.
Anyway.. back to biz- Elyse I could see distancing this expertly, so no conclusions here. However, I TOTALLY agree with her on Cakez behavior.

curiouscarrmadog-
Huh.. There isn't much meat to these posts here. I can't remember if that is typical. Anyway- other than an early tictak RVS vote- again no real interaction. So meh. This top half is proving pretty boring.

acryon- Jesus is tictac even IN this game? No one talks to him. Not one mention here. See above for analysis.

a plain farmer- finally someone playing with the same people as I am.
I dont think he is partners with tictac. He jumps on the wagon, but doesn't really push it with zeal.
On the other hand, the preemptively excusing himself thing is independently scummy.

That is all.

-------

So look, acryon (if that is your real name!)- Maybe it doen't help YOU when I run some isos- but it helps ME.
Enough for this:

UNVOTE:
VOTE: SirCakez

Why?
a) Elyse is right about him. I ALSO implore people to look at his ISO.
b) I am also right about him. His weird repetitive questions about the 'case' on me.. and then bussing tictac for it, but saying he is just wagoning? Scummy. He certainly had been pestering my wagon enough to vote tictac on real grounds.. but instead we got this:
In post 194, SirCakez wrote:I'll sheep RC onto this since SRMP wagon is dead
VOTE: tictac

And a scumflip here would go a long way to re-affirming my tictac-scumread.. so good.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:19 am

Post by SirCakez »

I asked exactly once about the case on you and people are treating it like I've been constantly dogging everyone for a case which is false and misrep.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:48 am

Post by camn »

In post 118, SirCakez wrote:Zulfy why are you still voting camn?
In post 140, SirCakez wrote:
RC wrote:I'm actually pretty sure Camn is scum ..... ....I think she's actually just scum again here.

I don't see this at all. Explain?
In post 186, SirCakez wrote:Can someone explain the case on camn to me? I'm not seeing it.
In post 250, SirCakez wrote:I have no intention of ever voting camn as of right now because I don't see anything scummy from them.
In post 295, SirCakez wrote:
In post 293, RadiantCowbells wrote:Yeah, I really don't like Sircakez either.
I think my Camn read is a much stronger line though.
Could easily see them as buddies, as well!

Explain?

In post 347, SirCakez wrote:I asked exactly once about the case on you
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:03 am

Post by Elyse »

Ty camn.

Tictac could be scum but I don't really care about him right now even though he's #trending in this game.

But Cakez has shown no scumhunting initiative. His ISO is full of him defending himself, explaining himself, or asking other people to do stuff. There's nothing that even makes me THINK he's town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”