Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6650 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:25 pm

Post by Drunken Pirates »

In post 6642, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Well you know how people are, once they get power they try to hold onto it no matter what like gollum in LOTR.

I mean, whos scumhunting are you most impressed with?

I promised one scum by day 3, I caught 3. What more can I do?

who is the third?
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6651 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:26 pm

Post by The Cool Cucumbers »

He still counts DS as scum^
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6652 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:31 pm

In post 6646, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:
In post 6643, Drunken Pirates wrote:
In post 6636, The Cool Cucumbers wrote:Mollie, what is the flavour written above that part of your abilities?
Paraphrase if needed.

why are you even asking this and what are you asking for exactly?

we are deplorable if that is what you are asking. we also forgot our mission as far as the very top unbolded goes. I am hoping we don't even get to 10 players I am hoping we can kill this game before that cos I love flawless victories. but yeah if we do will be confirmed.

Because everyone has flavour for each of their abilities, it adds to the validity of your claim. Innocent Child and your role seem like an odd match.

I am not entirely sure how more valid our claim can be at this point. like if it gets to 10 pple and it isn't confirmed then lynch us. or lynch us now cos it wld be funny with our flip cos we exactly what I am telling you we are.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6653 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:32 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

How does your ability make sense with you being a robot?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6654 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:32 pm

What other abilities do you have besides being BP?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6655 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:38 pm

In post 507, Wickedestjr wrote:Maxwell looks pretty townish;
Spoiler: Posts
In post 254, MaxwellPuckett wrote:I can't believe you've put me in with the players who haven't posted yet, and ZZZX. I think I'm actually crying.

But in all seriousness, I have about the same number of posts as Spiff, so I have to ask what your criteria are. If I quote posts and state whether I like them or not, do I get town points on your list? Put a read down on me, come on.

In post 384, MaxwellPuckett wrote:This conversation has me agreeing with one of you, and then the other says something and I want to agree with them instead. You both just sound like you know what you're talking about, makes things a bit difficult. It doesn't help that I'm used to thinking of Drixx and Cerb as the same slot. I'm very sorry guys, but you seemed to get along well enough that I never bothered to think of you two as separate players, so now I don't know which parts of your personality are which. Hopefully this game will remedy that.

I also feel pretty comfortable calling Diamond and ZZZX town...

Not a fan of the Fluminator bandwagon: the reasoning seems bad. Fluminator's explanation for claiming "not miller" makes perfect sense (assuming he can back it up with the evidence Low-key asked for) and I seriously doubt this is a Godfather gambit. The "not miller" claim seems like a slight town tell, actually.

In post 508, Wickedestjr wrote:
Vote: Rylai and Lina

-gut says that Rylai's trying to earn town credit from her level of investment in this game
-don't like their Flum vote
-don't like this post;
In post 211, Rylai and Lina wrote:I gave my reads about town reading someone and I'm asking questions to help me understand them better :)

everything. the way people townblocking. your idea about drixx , stuffs like that ...

~Rylai
-first line feels weird
-asks Sensei to comment on "the way people are town blocking" when, iirc, she was the only one trying to town block - she could have just asked "what do you think about me?"
-requests a town block and
then
asks for meta from two of the players she wants in the town block

In post 1250, Wickedestjr wrote:I would appreciate if these questions (that I asked earlier) could also get answered;

In post 66, Drixx wrote:I concur. I abhor lurking on principle, and this game's mechanics make it that much more undesireable.
Why is that?

In post 195, ArcAngel9 wrote:what would be their intention to claim that they are not millers. Makes zero sense that is something that is not wanted in the game especially where is so much subject revolving around MC and the setup. Seems like a filler post to me. Scum is usually dont want to speculate their thoughts on the game subjects as its their job and most of them always end up with babbling posts.
Wouldn't scum want to appear like they're actually scum hunting, though?

In post 453, Rylai and Lina wrote:Why are you acting this weird? your like "too scummy" to be the scum

It seems you just begged me to vote you ...

in that case here you go VOTE: Fluminator
Wouldn't "too scummy to be scum" be a reason
not
to vote for him? :?

In post 475, Drunken Pirates wrote:flum said "I am not a miller" and then r&l claimed miller. it was a weird occurrence early on d1. it raised my eyebrows. sort of like the movie the body snatchers type of thing.
What could that 'weird occurrence' indicate?

In post 1544, Wickedestjr wrote:DiamondSentinel - leaning town.
Klingoncelt - neutral. Agree that her reads list was bad, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's scum.
ErrantParabola - neutral. Unlikely that I'll develop a read on him before his post restriction is removed.
The Cool Cucumbers - neutral.
Drunken Pirates - slight town lean. I disagree with a lot of what they've been saying in-thread, but that doesn't mean they are scum, they at least seem to genuinely believe what they're saying
Yimmy - neutral.
Drixx - neutral.
Rylai and Lina - leaning town. Rylai's play early on felt off for some reason but I feel good about her after reading the last 20 pages or so, haven't seen anything particularly telling from Lina
Skybird - slight town lean. Gut.
Albert B. Rampage - strong town.
CooLDoG - slight town lean.
DrippingGoofball - neutral.
MaxwellPuckett - slight town lean. Some of his posts in the first 20 pages or so gave me town vibes - I quoted them. Looking forward to seeing more from him.
Yosarian2 - neutral. I'm honestly not sure why so many people are strong town reading him, because he's probably capable of everything that he's done here if he's scum. I agree with a lot of the opinions that he has given and kinda liked his reaction to Drixx's "I'll give you the rings when you town-tell". But he's still somebody that I'm cautious in reading.
Lowkey - strong town.
Fluminator - neutral. The desire for hammers seems like a null tell, I think anyone trying to paint that as scummy needs to rethink it. The "not miller" claim is a slight town tell if anything and I think anyone trying to paint
that
as scummy needs to rethink it. He might be town just because of his poorly justified bandwagon, but I'm not sure yet. I've correctly strong town read him in the past and it bothers me a little bit that I'm not reaching that same conclusion yet. Looking forward to seeing more from him too.
Sensei - slight town lean. I agree that his comment regarding the DP links might be a town slip. Haven't seen anything else particularly telling from him.
ZZZX - strong town. Almost entirely based on gut/meta that I'd struggle to articulate. He seems convincingly relaxed - doesn't feel like he's trying to earn town credit.
ArcAngel9 - scummy. She felt weirdly confident in her Flum vote. She's kinda flown under the radar (even when she was posting) and I haven't seen much from her to indicate genuine interest in scum hunting.

*I'm fully aware of the fact that this reads list lacks scum reads.

If I didn't care about anyone else's opinion, I would like an MC/party of me, ABR, Low-key, RL, and ZZZX.

Vote: ArcAngel9

MC: Albert B. Rampage

(More tomorrow)

In post 4067, Zulfy wrote:I'll sheep mafia for now though

VOTE: cool dog

In post 6098, Zulfy wrote:
In post 6023, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 5993, Zulfy wrote:Why didnt you?

Why didn't I...suspect Max before I started to suspect Max? What?

Yes. That's exactly what I am asking. Why didn't you suspect max earlier?

fuck
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6656 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:38 pm

Had a post written up and internet fudged up reset so now I'm going to have to rewrite it
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6657 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:39 pm

I have said those already.

we will be confirmed in thread and we will be indestructible.

makes sense for an indestructible robot who is the main character yeah?

I find it strange you are pestering me about this when you have not given 1 solid truth about your own role. god plz be town after all of my hard defending.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6658 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:40 pm

fudge that.
You've got some of the quotes there.
Basically the first thing is Max instantly jumps onto MCing Wicked and Wicked town reads him without much explanation for it. Wicked also has a lot of post which are simply empty questions.
Zulfy is playing fuck all, not scum hunting, pushing crumpets reasons and is generally just being scummy.
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6659 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:43 pm

Oh yeah, wicked's move ontp AA who we now know is town is crumpets as well. As well as Zulfy's move onto cooldog.
Drunken Pirates
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Drunken Pirates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6660 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:49 pm

can we lynch him now?

this is like the only read titus and I can intersect.

VOTE: zulfy
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #6661 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:44 pm

Post by wgeurts »

VOTE: Zulfy
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6662 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:17 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 6640, Rylai and Lina wrote:well

I really like to see whats Sky claim after Italy's death

~Rylai

Yos is correct that it was T vs T.

MC: Yos

ZZZX, it's OK, I can't remember anything you have done either. :P
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6663 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:22 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

so your saying you never used your making hated ability so far ?

~Rylai
Hydra of Frozen Angel and Shiro
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #6664 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:30 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 6621, Drunken Pirates wrote:
In post 6604, Yosarian2 wrote:I am saying that I have a very high opinion of your mafia skills, Mollie.

first I have heard of it except when you chastised me for not reading you as town cos you are being weird.

It makes me think "That does not look like a town-Mollie post."

I mean, I made a solid case against Gale based on his play, especially his play around the Max wagon, and he dismisses it with some vague comment about "not reading his posts in context". I keep pressing him to explain the context that he thought would justify it, and he keeps just being vague and avoiding any specific defense.

And you read that and say "I know Yos is scum here because he's not reading posts in context"???

That does not look like a town-Mollie post. That looks like a post by a skillful scum-Mollie who is trying to protect a scumbuddy with an incredibly powerful role, and specifically is trying to manipulate the people who were already paranoid about ABR.

I mean, my case against Gale has nothing to do with ABR at all, and Gale's refusal to defend himself properly also had nothing to do with ABR at all, so why did you even throw it in there? If you were really trying to read Gale, or me, or whatever, there's no point. But if you're trying to manipulate certain people, it makes perfect sense.

if you read my post I explained what was going on.

I get that Titus was supposedly scum reading me and "screaming in your ear all day" and that threw you off, but it seems unlikely to me that that would throw you off so much that you would end up defending one of your for scum reads against me like that, and call me "scum' for making a solid case against them. Especially since earlier in the game it sounded like Titus was coming around and starting to town-read me or at least be unsure, so her reads aren't making any sense to me either.

For that matter, Titus's claimed reads also feel hard to believe. Did you really just say that Titus is still scum-reading ABR?

It's not just your play. Both your play and Titus's play feel scummy to me right now. Neither of your reads are really believable to me at this point.

Like, can you explain to me why you couldn't see that Gale was scum late in the day yesterday?

and why did you say that we had refused to say what was sparked? like what gave you that idea?

Sensei said that in the adventure yesterday, you were "super vague" about your role and didn't even share what you had sparked. His words, not mine.

also YOU are being weird cos you know I don't run around saying "WE HAVE A CONFIRMABLE ROLE AT 10 PLAYERS" when there are 2 scum down. like in what world does that make sense.

Both Max and Gale also claimed a conformable role. Gale was lying, but Max was telling the truth, ish.

At this point, I just don't really care about role, because I have no idea anymore what a scum role in this game might or might not look like. If I'm going to get back to town-reading you, it's going to have to be at mostly based on behavior in-thread, not based on role.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #6665 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:34 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Also, wait. I'm confused. You guys started sparked "dodge" yestereday?

Why would you start down the "dodge" path of skills if you guys are going to be invincible anyway?

DODGE DRAIN: Your vote may never be affected in any way by other players.
DODGE NET: Your night actions may never be stopped by other players who target you to stop them (a kill can't be roleblocked but can be protected from).
DODGE SEDUCTION: Your role may never be negatively affected by other player's night actions (this includes becoming a treestump).
DODGE THUNDER: You may not be killed.
DODGE DEATHGRIP: Once per night, choose a player; none of that player's abilities (including factional) will affect you and that player can not vote for you during the following day/night cycle.

That seems a weird path to start to go down if the key part of your role is that you become unkillable anyway.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6666 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:36 pm

They are probably vulnerable to tree stump even if they are BP.
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6667 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:42 pm

Post by Shiro »

Weirdest part is the 2ND. Why would you want the Dodge net when your role is passive?

P.edit

They couldn't have known that exists though.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6668 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:43 pm

Yeah they could. It's in the techniques list.
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6669 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:44 pm

Post by Skybird »

Rylai, I have not used my hated ability this game. I won't until I feel I have a good grip on who is scum.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6670 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:45 pm

Does your hated also come with a RB?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #6671 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 6666, Albert B. Rampage wrote:They are probably vulnerable to tree stump even if they are BP.

Some of the abilities on that list would still work with their role, but overall it looks like they would get much less utility out of that list of techniques then anyone else would. Just seems like a really weird choice overall, especially since they were in the first adventuring party and probably expected to go on several more adventures
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6672 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:29 am

Post by itlepip »

I rbed zulfy last night ftr
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6673 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:02 am

Hmm.

There's something weird going on.

itlepip RB+hated DS N1, and Zulfy N2.
Skybird claims to have never used this power.
GWS was scum, and had an enhanced version of the ability that itlepips flip showed, and gave permanent hated modifiers.
Yosarian claimed permanently hated on D2, and I believe R&L also claimed to have received a hated modifier. R&L, was yours also permanent, or was it temporary? Nobody else claimed to have used the power.

Three possible conclusions(well, 4?): Itlepip was redirected to R&L, assuming theirs was temporary;Skybird lied;There is yet another individual with the ability to make people hated(perhaps without the roleblocking? I don't believe R&L's claim specified that they were roleblocked either); R&L is lying. Yosarian could be lying, but given that we know a permanent hated modifier power exists, and there was no counterclaim, it's reasonable to assume he actually did have that modifier applied to him.

Today.
ZZZX claims to have been both hated and roleblocked. Zulfy made no mention of being hated or roleblocked.
Potential conclusions: Skybird is lying; itlepip was redirected to zzzx; there is a third roleblock+hated out there.

We kind of need this resolved. I don't see scum!skybird claiming to have not used this power, when there are no counterclaim, unless she is scum and her team roleblocked itlepip and used her power elsewhere, to make it look as though itlepip was using his power in an anti-town fashion and get him lynched. This isn't unreasonable, but does mean scum had two roleblockers.

Just, umm, thinking out loud. Had to organize it all to see if it all made sense afterwards, and it doesn't.

DP: I was under the impression that you became unkillable at 10 players. Are you saying you become mod confirmed town in thread, AND unkillable?

Drixx, when you say I need to obvtown now I assume you mean I need to solve the game? Is there something else you want me to do?

-Cerb
The Cool Cucumbers
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
The Cool Cucumbers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6674 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:06 am

@Varsoon: The verbiage used in Energy Chain for itlepip and Dark Phoenix for GWS is different when talking about their roleblocks. For itlepip, it says they will be unable to take any actions tonight, and for GWS, it says their night actions will fail. The implication there is that GWS permanently roleblocked slots. Is that correct?

-Cerb

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”