a plain farmer
a plain farmer
Goon
a plain farmer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by a plain farmer »

In post 873, SirCakez wrote:If the games you referenced came out of a completely different subforum then the one you said something's obviously wrong there.
And I'm pretty sure tictac was calling that a scum slip as well, he just didn't say the exact word.

Yep. Because the most important thing to keep in mind when looking at another player's meta is the subforum the thread is in.

In post 864, tictac wrote:
In post 772, a plain farmer wrote:
I know I looked in either (maybe both) of Little Italy and Coney Island. The Mini 1758 is actually one of the games from those forums. I can't remember anything about it beyond what I've said so far.

Spoiler: Where those games can actually be found

No games from Little Italy nor Coney Island were included in the meta.

Since Farmer doesn't seem to know where the games in his meta come from, I'm gonna conclude that he didn't actually spend significant amount of time doing meta reading in Central Park or completed large themes forums. More likely to be someone elses work that he copy-pasted.
He's scum.

As I said in the passage you quoted, "I know I looked in either (maybe both) of Little Italy and Coney Island. The Mini 1758 is actually one of the games from those forums." So whatever game I meant to include but instead replaced it's number with "1758" is probably from Little Italy or Coney Island. Also, "I looked in" doesn't mean I found anything, so the absence of games from those forums suggests more about the thoroughness of my search than about me not knowing where any of these games come from.

Here was my mindset when I read the thread that evening: people were saying that lurker-ika is consistently scum. I find the statement both credible (since he's a prolific player and I'd think others with more playing experience here would have easily been able to jump in and provide counterexamples were it false) and damning. However, if I was to express intent to hammer, I wanted to at least sample some of his games, since I would have been hesitant had I found a lurker-town game. So I find 15 games, and no lurker-town ikas, which makes the already plausible case moreso, and makes me more comfortable hammering.
a plain farmer
a plain farmer
Goon
a plain farmer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by a plain farmer »

In post 822, RadiantCowbells wrote:Well he can't be the cop because I'm the cop.

:\
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:32 pm

Post by Zulfy »

I'm not dealing with this RC carpetbaggery

VOTE: RadiantCowbells
no investigation no right to speak
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:33 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

top kek
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:37 pm

Post by Zulfy »

[meme]That's literally all that needs to be said on the issue.[/meme]
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:38 pm

An outsider, especially a politician, who presumptuously seeks a position or success in a new locality.

Definitely misinformed.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:40 pm

Post by Zulfy »

My point stands, peninsular
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:05 am

Post by SirCakez »

Zulfy your vote sucks.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:28 am

Post by Elyse »

I told you Zulfy is scum
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:50 am

Post by camn »

Meh. Today is full of shit that I don't believe.
There are no masons.
RC is no cop.
CKD is no tracker.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:08 am

Post by tictac »

In post 863, camn wrote:Plus...he has since HARDCLAIMED.
So any previous shenanigans were certainly him crumbing, and not any Mason nonsense.

This doesn't follow at all.
In post 866, Lokiben wrote:
If you can find some way to turn that bit about farmer relevant, I'd be pleasantly surprised. Mostly surprised.

I see you didn't read 864.
Also, why didn't you hop on Elyse for going after ika with the same confidence?

I gave the reads RC asked for.
In post 867, Lokiben wrote:@tictac

Oh, I see, you were defending yourself, not scumreading farmer. I think.

What are you talking about here?
In post 874, Elyse wrote:tl;dr this page

Now I'm tired again.
In post 876, a plain farmer wrote:
Yep. Because the most important thing to keep in mind when looking at another player's meta is the subforum the thread is in.

Would be valid defense if humans only stored mission critical info. That is not the case.
If you were digging for Ika games in Central Park like you described, you would remember. I asked you twice to be detailed and the only forum names you mentioned were ones that didn't have anything to do with the meta.
Inclusion of this game makes way more sense as a cut-paste error than as malaprotism.
Scum games were largely themed, while town games were not. That doesn't happen by accident. Nothing in your described process explains it.
Your meta-dive wasn't real. You are scum.

Here was my mindset when I read the thread that evening: people were saying that lurker-ika is consistently scum. I find the statement both credible (since he's a prolific player and I'd think others with more playing experience here would have easily been able to jump in and provide counterexamples were it false) and damning. However, if I was to express intent to hammer, I wanted to at least sample some of his games, since I would have been hesitant had I found a lurker-town game. So I find 15 games, and no lurker-town ikas, which makes the already plausible case moreso, and makes me more comfortable hammering.

Or
you (quite reasonably) thought an early hammer needed some padding so it wouldn't look quite so scummy.
In post 878, Zulfy wrote:I'm not dealing with this RC carpetbaggery

VOTE: RadiantCowbells

There's no way that will go anywhere today. It's too safe and entirely non-productive. You aren't even calling him scum.
You really don't want to be encouraging the idea of policy lynches because you'd be the first to go.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:10 am

Post by camn »

In post 886, tictac wrote:This doesn't follow at all

It's like...I think he was softing investigative..... He claims he was talking about masons.... But he ended up hardclaiming investigative. Which was entirely unsurprising to me, since that what he was setting up the whole time

Also. HOW THE FUCK ARE WE LETTING CKD OFF THE HOOK HERE?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:48 am

Post by Performer »

VOTE COUNT 2.04

curiouskarmadog (3): camn, Elyse, SirCakez
camn (3): curiouskarmadog, RadiantCowbells, Some Random Mafia Player
RadiantCowbells (1): Zulfy
a plain farmer (1): tictac
UpTooLate (1): a plain farmer

No vote (2): Lokiben, UpTooLate

With 11 players alive, it takes 6/11 votes to lynch.

For deadlines & notes, please refer to this post – post !
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:20 am

Post by UpTooLate »

What a fucking shit fest.

@CKD

Ok so I don't where Camn ever said she thought you were soft claiming masons? Here's the way I saw the whole thing:

RC and Elyse were doing the whole slave thing. You picked up they were masons from that (correct me if I'm wrong). You implied you picked up on it, and was asking him to stop. ()

You then asked Elyse if RC was town to confirm your theory. Elyse said yes. You thought you had your confirmed masons. You dropped it.

RC says you're mafia role cop (Also I really really don't understand this so if somebody could help me out that would be fantastic) with a camn/cakez team.

You start the whole I know super secret things but I can't say them because it's anti-town things. You also appeal to Elyse to help you out, going back to you asking her if RC was town to confirm your suspicions.

RC votes you, followed by Elyse and Camn. You then explain your mason theory. (I get that you were trying to save your ass, and you even admitted it was anti town, but this was a bad move if you are town. This was the main reason I voted you when I did.)

Camn says you were soft claiming, and she doesn't believe your mason story.

Now this is where it all gets messy for me. In a nutshell:

You're saying that camn said that you soft claimed masons. I never saw it like that. Camn says she thought you were softclaiming investigative. That I can see. (Though to be fair I wouldn't have noticed it myself if she didn't point it out.) Either way, I don't see her as lying, I think you were misunderstanding what she was implying. TBH, I wish she would have laid it all out in the beginning to avoid all of this (especially for people like me who didn't catch it) and we could have saved a lot of arguing and reading. All in all, I don't think you should be lynched today, like tictac said, I believe you made a stupid move but you're not scum.

Breaking up post (sorry for the walls).
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:21 am

Like I'd happily sheep Elyse here if it weren't for the fact that Cakez and Camn both speedvoted CKD.
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:37 am

Post by UpTooLate »

Now Camn.

Like I said earlier, I see where you can say he was softing investigative, and why you jumped on him. However, I really dislike the speed at which you're trying to push this lynch through, and a lot of what you're saying is giving me bad vibes. You're refusing to believe he was just trying to get RC off his case by insinuating he'd picked up what they were putting down. I agree, the super secret I can't tell you stuff was bad, but I believe that was his way of trying to communicate with RC without saying anything obvious. Other people have tried to point out where your reasoning could be flawed (SRMP for example) but you're so tunneled it's ridiculous. He's claimed tracker and you still won't let up. I mean yes, he could be completely full of shit, but he's made some good points that give me town feels from him (I can go back and quote those if needed) and the entire way you're handling this is not sitting right with me.

VOTE: Camn
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:54 am

Post by SirCakez »

Yeah I'm townreading tictac now. His posts have vastly improved today and I really like .
I also like UTL's case for Camn scum, I was already iffy on her. But CKD is still scummier.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:41 am

Post by camn »

See, UpToLate, that reasoning would let CKD of the hook if I didn't know him like I do. And you are not the first person to tell me not to be so mysterious :)

And Cowbells...I voted as soon as CKD rung the scum-gong by saying "it would be anti-town". I thought you were seeing it, but maybe you were just being lol.
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:47 am

Post by UpTooLate »

Camn, let me ask you this, why didn't you lay it all out at the very beginning? Like, if you were sure you had a dead ringer for scum, wouldn't it have made sense to put it all out there so everyone was on the same page as you were?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:56 am

Post by camn »

Sometimes when I see a little scumtell, and leave a lot of room for squirming, the scumz blow up and tell us everything. Additionally, the way that people do or do not jump on wagons also is rich for info later in the game.
Plus, even I am wrong sometimes, and in that case pointing out a softclaim is suboptimal. But I'm not wrong this time.
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by Lokiben »

In post 886, tictac wrote:
In post 866, Lokiben wrote:
If you can find some way to turn that bit about farmer relevant, I'd be pleasantly surprised. Mostly surprised.

I see you didn't read 864.

~snip~

In post 867, Lokiben wrote:@tictac

Oh, I see, you were defending yourself, not scumreading farmer. I think.

What are you talking about here?

I was talking about 864. :roll: I really never bothered to verify the claims you and farmer were making off of ika's meta using other games, so I assumed you were just nitpicking farmer's case to fluff up the thread. Somehow in the moment I forgot that it was ika's ISO, and not yours.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by Zulfy »

In post 892, SirCakez wrote:Yeah I'm townreading tictac now. His posts have vastly improved today and I really like . But CKD is still scummier.

How?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by SirCakez »

How what?
Lokiben
Lokiben
Goon
Lokiben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by Lokiben »

I was hesitant about a ckd lynch before, but RC's claim changes that. We have one confirmed scum between the two of them, so we can lynch one, and then the other tomorrow if need be. I feel that the same applies for Cakez and Elyse, but that route is slightly more fallible.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”