Newbie 1677 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:12 pm

Post by Maestro »

In post 447, MochaMan wrote:You probably want to cool it on your vote till we hear back from everyone in case there's a counter claim.

Also, consider these posts my way of
not
CCing.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:12 pm

Post by Maestro »

HAH pagetop
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:38 am

Post by tojam2 »

I WILL get the next pagetop.

Ruku isn't replying, I'm concerned that with a new player, the game may be messed up to the point where we can no longer work out scum.
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by Natsu »

Haha you think so? Our game actually looks fairly organized compared to some of the other newbie games I have read here where almost everyone replaces out.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by Maestro »

This is neither relevant nor interesting.
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by MochaMan »

I think I'll wait on Jachawk to comment before deciding on who to vote.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:32 pm

Post by Ruku »

I'm taking this as Mocha confirmed town.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:10 pm

Post by tojam2 »

Yeah, no-one is counterclaiming so:

Towniest:
MochaMan
jachawk
Natsu
Maestro (hawkleader's poor defense has been taken account of)
Ruku - You're the only other person to incorrectly lynch twice.

A lynch this round requires all 4 town (me,mocha,jachawk,natsu) to vote for the same person, unless either Ruku or Maestro want to go through their posts (and hawkleader's Maestro) and provide us with some hard evidence that they are not scum.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:11 pm

Post by tojam2 »

Maestro, speaking of slimy stereotypical accountants, I am considering taking Mathematics with Statistics for Finance.
jachawk
jachawk
Townie
jachawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:06 am

Post by jachawk »

In post 421, tojam2 wrote:
Vote:mykonian

Stop stalling the game.

This vote looks a bit scummy to me since it kind of votes for the guy who has a chance of getting lynched.

In post 434, Maestro wrote:
Ruku makes the most basic sense to me, as far as playstyle goes. When I replace into a game, I mainly look for people who match my mindset. Ruku is that player here. Willing to sheep the vote on myko just based on my own reading and you can start the day tomorrow with me having had a better read of the thread.
VOTE: myko

But I agree with tojam's last post though, Ruku's argument against mykonian was not very convincing and his conviction in voting mykonian makes him very scummy to me. Also, I am not sure if Maestro's lynching of mykonian was really unintentional, he says that he is willing to sheep ruku who 'matches his mindset'. And the later claim that the lynch was inadvertent might just have been an attempt to avoid taking responsibility.

I am not sure if looking for scum teams is the right way to go but I would love to hear Mochaman's thoughts on this.
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Natsu »

Chiming in to say that I agree with jachawk's assessment. I'm going to hold off on my vote until the people Jachawk is calling out reply to his points.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:12 pm

Post by tojam2 »

That was the point of the vote - to apply pressure; then Maestro changes his mind and "accidentally" votes for myko.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:16 am

Post by tojam2 »

Anyone home?
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:35 am

Post by MochaMan »

I'll start off by saying that I don't think Ruku is scum.

By now I think we should be seriously considering mafia teams, but of course our usual scumhunting methods will also be just as effective.
jachawk
jachawk
Townie
jachawk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:31 am

Post by jachawk »

I agree with a lot of points Ruku made on Day 1, but then there was that hastened lynch of Lia. And Day 2 was spent mostly in twisting the points made to support his theory that mykonian and I are a scum team. This kind of seems apparent in some points as below,

In respose to one of the points mykonian had made,
In post 328, Ruku wrote:VOTE: mykonian

The one post I actually don't mind from tojam is post 265 and that happens to be the one that mykon jumped on him for. I'm convinced it's a mykon - tojam or jac - mykon scum team.

In post 359, Ruku wrote:
In post 358, mykonian wrote:
I don't think jac is particulary obvtown, but otoh I don't need to lynch him. "w/e" when he gets pushed is pretty accurate.

It's nothing to do with you being an IC. You don't have to, because you can't. Your post about jachawk does absolutely nothing to help town, which makes it useless. Why don't you think he's obv town? Why don't you want to lynch him?

Can we please lynch one of these two already?

@mochaman : Can you please elaborate on why you dont think ruku is scum?
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Natsu »

I'll go ahead and put it out there that I think Tojam may have been scum this whole time. I know I've been his biggest defender but that stealth-vote that got buried is the last straw to me. While I am still suspicious of Maestro for hammering, I think it was more of a shady move for Tojam make mykonian L-1 without saying it, and also without saying anything at all. I didn't realize Maestro's vote was a hammer either. Though in hindsight I wasn't complaining as I really thought mykon was scum.
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:59 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 465, Natsu wrote:Though in hindsight I wasn't complaining as I really thought mykon was scum.

This is the only reason I'm not beating myself up over the accident; the game seemed to be stalling and it was almost certainly where I was headed anywasy. I just feel like I ground to a halt processing-wise as soon as he flipped Town. Still getting over it and trying to get re-engaged in this:

Anybody got any questions for me? Leftover from yesterday, I think some people were mentioning shit that hawk did that somebody asked him about and he ignored, or something like that. Has everybody posted to be sure we know nobody's CCing?
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by MochaMan »

I don't think tojam is scum for the lack of a votecount, and Maestro not noticing.
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:19 pm

Post by MochaMan »

In post 466, Maestro wrote:
Anybody got any questions for me? Leftover from yesterday, I think some people were mentioning shit that hawk did that somebody asked him about and he ignored, or something like that. Has everybody posted to be sure we know nobody's CCing?

Nah, you're not hawkleader, and I don't think you can read minds. So no questions for you from me for now. But just a headsup, my reads from yesterday haven't changed. Meaning I still read you as scum.

Everyone's posted I believe.
MochaMan
MochaMan
Goon
MochaMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:29 pm

Post by MochaMan »

I won't be able to post for the next while.
I think Natsu and Maestro are scum together (even before Mykonian had voted Natsu.)
Back in day 2 I figured it was either Hawkleader & Natsu, or Ruku and Jachawk. Leaving tojam2 and Mykonian. (For reasons I'm too tired and lazy to explain, but will in a few days. Take a look at their ISOs and hopefully you'll see where I'm getting at.)
Neither tojam2 nor Mykonian had been particularly towny nor scummy in my eyes. tojams vote is a bit of a dangerous wildcard I think.
Part of the reasoning for my read on Natsu is that many of his posts don't seem to be coming from a town mindset and have been sheeping many arguments.
I think Maestro is scum because he took over hawkleader3s spot and his hammer on Mykonian doesn't particularity help him.

Ruku and Jachawk have just been much less scummy than Maestro(hawkleader) and Natsu.
Natsu
Natsu
Goon
Natsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by Natsu »

I went back through the ISO's to see if I could predict your assessment. I think your scum-reading of me with hawkleader/Maestro is coming from the fact that we barely acknowledged each other around that time. I was still focused on the players that were putting out the most content. If you recall, I then shifted my attention to Jachawk and continued to ignore hawkleader. This does look kind of bad in hindsight, but it was mainly because hawkleader was slightly less lurky than Jachawk for me.

I'm actually fairly surprised that you wouldn't have me and Ruku as a scum team. I have been expressing my obv-town readings of Ruku for a while now.

As for Ruku and Jachawk being a scum team, again, I am guessing this is due to their lack of acknowledging each other around Day 2.

Could you explain where you see me sheeping many arguments? I feel like my playstyle might be getting misconstrued here. I tend not to spark the initial fires of pressure, or even start the first vote, because it just kind of feels bad to me. I feel more comfortable waiting for everyone's input so that I actually have something to analyze.
Ruku
Ruku
Goon
Ruku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:46 pm

Post by Ruku »

If you look at my interactions with Jachawk i'm pretty sure you'll find we aren't a scum team.

I feel a bit sketch on using the same logic I used for mykon (I was so sure mykon would flip scum), but I still think it's solid.

Mocha is conf town, Natsu is 90% town, I think Tojam is town maybe 60%.

Which leaves Hawkleader/Maestro and Jachawk. I'm thinking Lia may of been correct on the hawk scum team?

I need to look at how Jachawk reacted to the Hawkleader push in day 1.
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:47 pm

Post by tojam2 »

Scum partnerships that I think ring truest:

Ruku - Maestro (my opinion
Maestro - jachawk (Lia's opinion)
Ruku - Natsu (myko vote)
Mocha - Me (indrectly backs me up)

Intend to vote Maestro.
unvote
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:52 am

Post by Maestro »

At this point, it's most likely true that I can't do anything to prevent my own lynch today. If Mocha is the 1-Shot BP (which is likely), he was shot last night. If he's killed tonight (optimal Scum play, IMO) then tomorrow it'll be jackhawk, Natsu, Ruku, and tojam2 - with both Scum still alive that's a win for them. This is MyLo, don't know if you all noticed that or not.

I am not Scum, but I really have much ammunition to convince anybody about that. From my PoV I would still say it's most likely tojam and [Natsu / Ruku] but I doubt both Natsu and Ruku are Scum.

VOTE: tojam2
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:44 pm

Post by tojam2 »

Which was Ruku's reason I couldn't be scum, now if you don't mind, could you defend yourself with some NEW evidence Maestro.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”