Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2475 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:20 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Pops + wgeurts + Nicole is making more and more sense. The gladiation timing, the defense of wgeurts by Pops, the guilty on Nicole, the scumminess of Pops not being addressed by Nicole.
Like look at Nicole's read on Pops
In post 2108, Nicole Mimi Tithel wrote:
POPSOFCTOWN: I'm thoroughly meh on him. His push today re: Rob being a lyncher seems very not-what I'd expect of scum, and makes sense to me coming from town, and I've agreed with most of his positions (i.e. thinking TSO's slip was "valid enough" on D1 and his Elyse read today). None of it seems particularly unfakeable, though.

This is super generic reasoning to null read someone.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 2472, pisskop wrote:Theres an 100 percent chance that popso is a moron and we shouldnt be listening to the guys who's not claiming that 'lesbian' characters should be voted because they are scummy, but because they are underepresented in media.

Like lolwat Drop the part where its sexual preference and analyse what popso is saying.

It was literally the post before last that I specifically indicated your scumminess is 10 times more important than the flavor hunt.

I haven't seen a more glaring misrep in a while, but I'm not really sure whether it's because you don't really read the thread or because you're going for every single scummy discredit styled defense you can come up with during this gladiator duel.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by Rob14 »

^ Hey Mimi, in post-game, you can take this in a lesson on why you shouldn't try to post a bunch of reads after an investigative has a guilty on you.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:24 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 2476, popsofctown wrote:
In post 2472, pisskop wrote:Theres an 100 percent chance that popso is a moron and we shouldnt be listening to the guys who's not claiming that 'lesbian' characters should be voted because they are scummy, but because they are underepresented in media.

Like lolwat Drop the part where its sexual preference and analyse what popso is saying.

It was literally the post before last that I specifically indicated your scumminess is 10 times more important than the flavor hunt.

I haven't seen a more glaring misrep in a while, but I'm not really sure whether it's because you don't really read the thread or because you're going for every single scummy discredit styled defense you can come up with during this gladiator duel.

Rather than continuing down this path where you make whole posts about the effects of lore in a theme game and then more posts about how lore doesnt matter in a theme game, why dont you just start saying consistent things, hunh?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by YT2980 »

In post 2109, Nicole Mimi Tithel wrote:
YT2980:
In post 519, YT2980 wrote:WTF? A lynch on the first day of the day phase when we're granted 14 days to make a decision. Granted, I got quite a bit to catch up on, and I will comment on it D2
if I'm alive
, but why so soon? Did he do something ridiculously scummy? If not, there's no excuse for it being this fast IMO.

*IF* this is multiball, I'm actually wondering if this post was an unintentional scum slip. I don't think town-him, knowing he almost didn't meet the experience requirement for this game and knowing he had done pretty much nothing during the day phase, would worry about being NK'ed here literally ever. I could see it coming from scum in multiball who fears a cross-kill on N1, though. This isn't something I'm really factoring into my read, it's more of a thing I'm pointing out and seeing later if I wind up being right on it.

Speaking of her analysis, I forgot to point this out. This is as reaching as reaching can get. How could you possibly interpret that as a scum slip-up unless you're actively looking for scum slips-ups, which would imply you're scum and know this is a multiball.

Like seriously, that's one of the biggest reaches I've ever seen.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by grapes »

Yea that is a bit of a reach.

Also whenever people spec about who deserves a NK more or not (whoever it may be) it rubs me wrong all kinds of ways.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by popsofctown »

seriously cakez? Please stop wasting your breath. Doing a pair when neither half of the pair has flipped yet is bad on its own, doing a trio is waaaaay worse. The combinatoric math on it is really really bad, the raw probability is royal flush stuff. That's aside from the relative positioning of the three players being way too obvious and awful. Both wgeurts and I are way too experienced at mafia for that level of awful (like even if you want to believe I am that bad at mafia in spite of my decent scum winrate you would still want to give some credit to wgeurts not to save the same scumpartner that I'm being ridiculously defensive of for a claimed guilty).

Like, I'm okay with getting mislynched, it happens all the time, I'm cool with it, sometimes I manage to demonstrate I'm town that game, sometimes not, but please don't mislynch me off such an inane, absurd, stupid triple obvoblob theory, that'd give me reflux. At least pick only 2 of the three that you want to pre-flip conspiracy so you're not so far off the deep end that it's painful.

Like I like most of your other posts, that's why it upsets me, Rob spouting drivel is just whatever.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by grapes »

But if it is actually multiball, though. YT and Mimi are scum on opposite teams confirmed.
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by Nicole Mimi Tithel »

I'm kind of lol'ing.

And Rob, your attitude continues to disgust me.
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:33 pm

I literally said I wasn't factoring that point into my read, in that same post. It is entirely something I'm curious about.

I actually think YT has looked a *lot* better this game day.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 2447, SirCakez wrote:There is a lot more to comment on. What do you think of Rob, Wgeurts, Beeboy, Pops, etc? This is a super fluffy post.

there wasn't really.
Rob and wguerts are town.
I dunno about pops yet, i'll get back to you on him.
I haven't even looked into beeboy yet...is there reason you're asking about him specifically?
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by Rob14 »

Mimi, look at me with a straight face and tell me that you wouldn't lynch someone you got a claimed guilty on. Stop taking cheap pot shots at me. Everyone here, yourself included, knows it's the right play for me to be pushing for your eventual death with a mod-confirmed guilty on you. Come on.
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:40 pm

In post 2486, Rob14 wrote:Mimi, look at me with a straight face and tell me that you wouldn't lynch someone you got a claimed guilty on. Stop taking cheap pot shots at me. Everyone here, yourself included, knows it's the right play for me to be pushing for your eventual death with a mod-confirmed guilty on you. Come on.

It isn't the fact you're lynching a guilty, it's how insolent you're being over it. You haven't agreed to full claim tomorrow after getting a second result, nor have you done literally anything at all to consider what might be going on if (surprise) I'm just town here, instead handwaving it as me "trying to get you to fullclaim".

Like, yeah, you should lynch a guilty, IF you're absolutely sure you've considered every possibility and it's actually correct. You clearly haven't, and are flat-out _refusing_ to when prompted to do so.

And lol at "cheap potshots". What am I supposed to call it when _you_ snipe at _me_ saying shit like "lol take this as advice"?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2485, Maxous wrote:
In post 2447, SirCakez wrote:There is a lot more to comment on. What do you think of Rob, Wgeurts, Beeboy, Pops, etc? This is a super fluffy post.

there wasn't really.
Rob and wguerts are town.
I dunno about pops yet, i'll get back to you on him.
I haven't even looked into beeboy yet...is there reason you're asking about him specifically?

Yeah he's a strong scum read of mine who's coasting by. Getting nowhere near as much attention as Piss, Nicole, Pops, etc which is irritating, although some of that is understandable with the guilty and gladiate and all.

Yeah I need a flip from Wgeurts or Nicole to solidify that theory. But it's definitely looking plausible.
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:43 pm

And yes, obviously I'm 100% confident something is missing here. So yes I'm going to keep poking you over it because I know there will be some way to figure out WTF happened with the result, which may shed some more light on the gamestate (and if the most obvious conclusion is something like a framer which is entirely unconfirmable, w/e, but you yourself said this probably wasn't what happened).
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:45 pm

Post by beeboy »

@Sircakes
I am coasting by? Someone in this game has 3 posts and I have 207. >.<
I'd like to see an actual case from you eventually because without one I fail to see how you expect people to scum read me without one.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:47 pm

You haven't even stopped for half a second to realize that if your result is wrong (it is) and you keep bum rushing this, we are almost certainly entirely assfucked if we don't lynch correctly today.

I am staring into a gamestate where it's my lynch tomorrow, and yours D4, I'm town, and I'm 99% sure you are too. What the fuck are you expecting me to do, just go "lel OK"?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2490, beeboy wrote:@Sircakes
I am coasting by? Someone in this game has 3 posts and I have 207. >.<
I'd like to see an actual case from you eventually because without one I fail to see how you expect people to scum read me without one.

That's not what I meant by coasting. I mean you are getting very little attention and pressure despite being very scummy.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 2487, Nicole Mimi Tithel wrote:
In post 2486, Rob14 wrote:Mimi, look at me with a straight face and tell me that you wouldn't lynch someone you got a claimed guilty on. Stop taking cheap pot shots at me. Everyone here, yourself included, knows it's the right play for me to be pushing for your eventual death with a mod-confirmed guilty on you. Come on.

It isn't the fact you're lynching a guilty, it's how insolent you're being over it. You haven't agreed to full claim tomorrow after getting a second result, nor have you done literally anything at all to consider what might be going on if (surprise) I'm just town here, instead handwaving it as me "trying to get you to fullclaim".

Like, yeah, you should lynch a guilty, IF you're absolutely sure you've considered every possibility and it's actually correct. You clearly haven't, and are flat-out _refusing_ to when prompted to do so.

And lol at "cheap potshots". What am I supposed to call it when _you_ snipe at _me_ saying shit like "lol take this as advice"?

I have considered every option based on roles I'm aware of having ever existed in a game of Mafia. I'm just not showing you that because if I take you through all the steps, it tells you what role I am.

If you flip town, obviously that would change my play significantly tomorrow. I consider this a <1% chance of happening, though, so forgive me if I'm not focusing on it.

But if you flip scum or don't flip at all, no, I'm not going to agree to full claim tomorrow, because I can continue using my ability in an attempt to find scum. Outing would only give more information for scum to tailor their fake claims. There's no point in giving that info out with no reason.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:53 pm

Post by Maxous »

In post 2488, SirCakez wrote:Yeah he's a strong scum read of mine who's coasting by. Getting nowhere near as much attention as Piss, Nicole, Pops, etc which is irritating, although some of that is understandable with the guilty and gladiate and all.

Well I looked through his ISO then.
I would lean-town on beeboy.
though yes, it would be nice if he talked about a few more people.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:53 pm

Post by Rob14 »

In post 2491, Nicole Mimi Tithel wrote:You haven't even stopped for half a second to realize that if your result is wrong (it is) and you keep bum rushing this, we are almost certainly entirely assfucked if we don't lynch correctly today.

I am staring into a gamestate where it's my lynch tomorrow, and yours D4, I'm town, and I'm 99% sure you are too. What the fuck are you expecting me to do, just go "lel OK"?

Yes, because I'm telling you unequivocally that I'm not going to stop pushing your lynch and I'm not going to full claim for no damn reason. I've asked you questions multiple times to try to get you to mention a detail that could have been in your role PM and explained the result. That's why I asked about more flavor. You came nowhere close to even hinting at the "clearing" quality that could have been in your role PM. It's not like I haven't double-checked this. I have. And I'm not going to adjust my play in a way that will harm town >99% of the time just to cater to the possibility of a mod doing something bastard in a non-bastard game along with something that would just be flying in the face of balance (framer/tailor equivalent).
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by Rob14 »

You're claiming I haven't considered this, but just because I'm not posting a wall of me considering and immediately full claiming doesn't mean I haven't. You're either willfully ignorant or just lying.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2494, Maxous wrote:
In post 2488, SirCakez wrote:Yeah he's a strong scum read of mine who's coasting by. Getting nowhere near as much attention as Piss, Nicole, Pops, etc which is irritating, although some of that is understandable with the guilty and gladiate and all.

Well I looked through his ISO then.
I would lean-town on beeboy.
though yes, it would be nice if he talked about a few more people.

Can you explain this?
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:58 pm

In post 2493, Rob14 wrote:But if you flip scum or don't flip at all, no, I'm not going to agree to full claim tomorrow, because I can continue using my ability in an attempt to find scum. Outing would only give more information for scum to tailor their fake claims. There's no point in giving that info out with no reason.

In reality, "not fullclaiming" is nowhere near as positive-utility as you seem to think it is. You severely overvalue keeping your role "secret", because "it can catch scum". In this situation, it absolutely is positive-utility to lay this info out sooner as opposed to later (and in this case it's not like I'm even telling you fullclaim right now, given the wgeurts-gladiate which would allow you one more result if you don't get NK'ed).

Do you actually expect to live any substantial amount in this game given you've made it completely obvious you're an investigative role. Kind of relevant but somewhat-unrelated question.
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2499 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:00 pm

Like I am asking you to compromise, _on D3_, _after getting a second result_

Plus FMPOV your results are inaccurate anyway, so forgive me if I'm not really inclined to care about "I can guilty scum with it".

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”