KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:47 am

Post by KainTepes »

Thank you for your information!!
What do you think about xtoxm?? He still needs to answer his question, he is taking too long,
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto

"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:48 am

Post by pisskop »

There was a trial queue to test games with 24-96 hour dayphases. If you support the idea you should let them know here. Most games on-site are 1-2 week dayphases
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:52 am

Post by KainTepes »

I signed up!!

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by davesaz »

Using activity as an indicator of alignment is a very bad idea here. I have seen scum be among the most active posters in a game, and the least active are more often town.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

@KT just remember aggressive != loud necessarily. Something I'm still learning is that loud just makes you look foolish, it floods the thread and moves it nowhere, and it gives the people you "push" a good reason to ignore you. A good aggressive player speaks the words he needs to when he needs to where he needs to. Don't put all your cards on the table at once, it's ok to push one place with your eye somewhere else. Think before you post: "where does this get me?" Ask questions, but ask questions when you need answers that aren't obvious, and don't state the obvious. Spam posting just gives scum a good place to hide and begs for a policy lynch.

Please find something else to do with your time, take notes on the game or something, taking notes can actually help your reads because you can think it out on paper. I used to play like you. A lot like you. I still do a little bit at times. I think I've come a long way. Please don't post three pages a day in a game with three players if you aren't going anywhere with it.
"@EE
:roll: Aside from that entire post being annoying as fuck, your scumread on me makes no sense." -Elyse (scum)
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:38 pm

In post 93, Aneninen wrote:I remember Eagle from a recently finished game. Plenty of players wanted to lynch him because he'd had a kind of scummy attitude.
This attitude seems just as scummy, however, different to that one.
Either he's changed his gamestyle (I think he said so) or he's scum.

I don't know what to think.

Maybe he should be investigated if we have that one. Although, there may be a Godfather on the scum side.

Perceived as scummy.

Unless you'd like to explain what my attitude is and why my attitude is "scummy?"
In post 100, davesaz wrote:
In post 92, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:You about to tell me elyse was too early as well? Yes my read here was based off a singular post. But it was also based off of previous experience with the player posting it, the perceived emotions behind it and the circumstances surrounding it. In addition, I didn't say the read was strong, although at this point it is one of my strongest.

Quantity of posts should not be a hindrance in your ability to read.

Which read are you talking about here?

Burning Crystal
In post 103, KainTepes wrote:
post 86, Xtoxm" wrote:Yes, also didn't like the reason for voting EE..I don't know why two of you have sheeped it. EE has been one of the better posters so far.

If you say something like this YOU BETTER EXPLAIN IT!! why is EE a better poster?? Or are you just trying to suck up to him??

EE is looking more townlike now that he is posting!! But xotxm is suspicious! VOTE: Xotxm

For example, what do you get out of asking the second question? The first is ok, perhaps his response will greater your scum/town read in him/me but I doubt even that. The latter question simply makes him angry/frustrated/dislike you/want to ignore you. None of these things get you anywhere good. There is a place for catching people off guard, but this is not the way to do it.
"@EE
:roll: Aside from that entire post being annoying as fuck, your scumread on me makes no sense." -Elyse (scum)
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by davesaz »

Hmm, not sure what to make of the contradiction. First Titus is town, then Burning Crystal is scum, then you confirm that the read off a single post was the read on Burning Crystal (which is the same as the town read on Titus?).

In post 48, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Titus seems like town based on reaction to Kaintepes.

In post 59, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
I don't like burnings reaction.

VOTE: Burning Crystal

In post 155, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 100, davesaz wrote:
In post 92, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:You about to tell me elyse was too early as well? Yes my read here was based off a singular post. But it was also based off of previous experience with the player posting it, the perceived emotions behind it and the circumstances surrounding it. In addition, I didn't say the read was strong, although at this point it is one of my strongest.

Quantity of posts should not be a hindrance in your ability to read.

Which read are you talking about here?

Burning Crystal
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:34 pm

Post by KainTepes »

Mad King is scum, he posts NOTHING useful!!
VOTE: MAD KING TEPES

Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:57 am

@dave, you missed a post

This should clear it up
In post 70, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:UNVOTE:

Apologies. I read based on posting styles and had you as two different people in my head.

Also I misunderstood this post:
In post 53, Burning Crystal wrote:
In post 49, KainTepes wrote:
Whatever!!
At least I am trying to play the game while you are just trying to distract people and picking on new players ilyvmjty.
being aggressive
does NOT mean i am fake or bad

Also your sucking up to Titus is disgusting,
happy to vote you

In post 48, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
@KT you sound fake to death.

Fake, fake, fake. He's not distracting anybody, but you are over-reacting. I would vote you but I'm pretty sure we already are.

And it sent my head spinning when I thought you said this:

In post 48, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
@KT you sound fake to death.

Was an overreaction.
"@EE
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:01 am

Post by KainTepes »

What Dave meant I think is that you overreacted to mistaking his post... it does not make sense for you to overreact just because he said "you sound fake to death" and you mistook it to mean you...

Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:24 am

@KT you've got who said what wrong. Go back and reread it, I was the one who said "You sound fake to death."
"@EE
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:50 am

@mod please consider me V/LA until Sunday night the 21
"@EE
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:28 am

Post by acryon »

In post 93, Aneninen wrote:
Maybe he should be investigated if we have that one. Although, there may be a Godfather on the scum side.

I just read this again and it reads so bad. It's such a nothing comment.

VOTE: Aneninen

In post 155, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 93, Aneninen wrote:I remember Eagle from a recently finished game. Plenty of players wanted to lynch him because he'd had a kind of scummy attitude.
This attitude seems just as scummy, however, different to that one.
Either he's changed his gamestyle (I think he said so) or he's scum.

I don't know what to think.

Perceived as scummy.

Unless you'd like to explain what my attitude is and why my attitude is "scummy?"

Would you say it's possible your playstyle comes across differently than how you want it to? And would you say you've changed your playstyle?
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:38 am

Yes, but to say someone's attitude is scummy is to say that 1. You know the core of their thoughts and the reasons they do what they did, etc. To perceive an attitude as scummy is easy and no one can tell you that you didn't see things as you say you saw them. But if he says my attitude is scummy he's saying he understands how I approach things and that I approach things like scum, and to say that is to say that he knows and understands how I approach things better than I do and that has nothing to do with how my play "comes across."

My play style changes every game.
"@EE
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:45 am

Post by acryon »

In post 163, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Yes, but to say someone's attitude is scummy is to say that 1. You know the core of their thoughts and the reasons they do what they did, etc. To perceive an attitude as scummy is easy and no one can tell you that you didn't see things as you say you saw them. But if he says my attitude is scummy he's saying he understands how I approach things and that I approach things like scum, and to say that is to say that he knows and understands how I approach things better than I do and that has nothing to do with how my play "comes across."

Well sure but that's one of the big parts of disseminating between town and scum--subtleties in things like attitude. Ultimately we are looking for nefarious intentions, and attitude does play a part in finding that.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:47 am

listen here.

You.do.not.understand.my.attitude.because.if.you.did.you.would.always.know.with.100.percent.certainty.what.my.alignment.was.

You know what you PERCEIVE my attitude to be but do not dare to ever claim to know what my attitude is, bud.
"@EE
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:53 am

Post by acryon »

In post 165, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:listen here.

You.do.not.understand.my.attitude.because.if.you.did.you.would.always.know.with.100.percent.certainty.what.my.alignment.was.

You know what you PERCEIVE my attitude to be but do not dare to ever claim to know what my attitude is, bud.

lol of course. We never
know
anything in this game. You're getting a little touchy here about something that is the basis of the game we're playing.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:03 am

Nope. Diction matters. For someone who was just talking about subtlety, you seem strangely oblivious to this. The difference between what aneninen said and what I'm saying he should have said is the difference between misrepping and sharing your opinion.

But here, just in case you weren't sure how it feels, why don't you ask someone to tell you all about what you're thinking and feeling right now and how it is or isn't a good way to think/feel. Do you like having people claim they can invade your private thoughts?
"@EE
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:12 am

In post 166, acryon wrote:

lol of course. We never
know
anything in this game. You're getting a little touchy here about something that is the basis of the game we're playing.

this post contradicts everything you've been arguing up to this point and agrees with me. What are you even doing? Are you defending this because you like aneninen?
"@EE
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:14 am

Post by acryon »

In post 167, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Nope. Diction matters. For someone who was just talking about subtlety, you seem strangely oblivious to this. The difference between what aneninen said and what I'm saying he should have said is the difference between misrepping and sharing your opinion.

But here, just in case you weren't sure how it feels, why don't you ask someone to tell you all about what you're thinking and feeling right now and how it is or isn't a good way to think/feel. Do you like having people claim they can invade your private thoughts?

This is a game Eagle, and you're getting awkwardly defensive about something that would be upsetting outside of the game but happens all the time within it. Not sure where I implied that diction didn't matter, because it's obviously a part of what I'm talking about.

But you are wrong about something. You're implying diction is the difference between misrepresentation and sharing an opinion, and that's not right. Intent is the difference between those two. Even Town can word things poorly, but that doesn't make them scum. We're looking for scum
intent
. If you want to say someone is misrepping, that's fine, but it should be because of the perceived intent, not simply their word choice.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:15 am

Post by acryon »

In post 168, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:
In post 166, acryon wrote:

lol of course. We never
know

this post contradicts everything you've been arguing up to this point and agrees with me. What are you even doing? Are you defending this because you like aneninen?

Clearly not because I'm voting anen. But I also don't like what you're doing. And I'm not sure how that contradicts what I've been saying at all?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:22 am

Post by Persivul »

Eagle's defense is really bad. Just because we can't get inside a person's mind and judge their attitude with 100% accuracy doesn't mean that attitude isn't a valid factor for consideration. Sometimes we can base that judgment on meta. Even without meta, there are certain traits that are generally associated with town or scum play.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:23 am

Wrong.

If I said "an is only posting the word pink" then it's misrepresenting him regardless of my intention. I'm not saying diction is the difference between misrepresenting and sharing an opinion, I'm saying it's the difference in THIS SCENARIO.

It contradicts because I'm saying an shouldn't say things he doesn't know. You agreed that he can't know it so unless you think he should say things he can't know, it contradicts everything you've been arguing for.
"@EE
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:30 am

I'm not doing this. I'll discuss this with y'all when I get back. Go back and reread everything y'all are posting, perhaps if you knew what you were arguing you'd figure out that y'all are contradicting yourselves left and right just to get a chance to disagree with me. What you are arguing (for the most part) isn't even game relevant and honestly after reading your posts it looks like you're attacking me because you feel like attacking me and you're not even paying attention to what you're saying. So. Go back. Figure out where you messed up and I won't have to take you apart when I get back. This isn't really game relevant but it's a point I feel really strongly about and if you don't back off I will fight this.
"@EE
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:31 am

Have a good weekend, I expect an apology by the end of it.
"@EE

Return to “Completed Open Games”