Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 244, Sunset Illusions wrote:Checking in, hows everyone doing?

Ill have important stuff soon, but there are a few things I need to address:

1. Burning Crystal, please provide more reads on people not named Eagle. In fact, pushing Eagle would be an improvement. Same goes for Mad King.

2. I do think Eagle is not a good lynch D1. I think this is a noobtown mislynch in the waiting and I will not touch it. I ask the rest of you to do the same. Good choices would be Burning Crystal or Persivul. (More info on this coming).

3. @Kain: Why are you here and why did you join mafiascum?

This was posted nearly 28 hours ago. I wonder what the term "soon" meant. Perhaps with some pressure they'd be more inclined to show up and contribute something?

VOTE: Sunset Illusions
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:14 pm

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

Is your scum read on them based on lurking/absence?
"@EE
:roll: Aside from that entire post being annoying as fuck, your scumread on me makes no sense." -Elyse (scum)
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:15 pm

How will it affect your scum read if in the next couple of hours to day, they came out posted a lot more and shared further thoughts of theirs?

How strong is your scum read on them based on your reads on others?
"@EE
:roll: Aside from that entire post being annoying as fuck, your scumread on me makes no sense." -Elyse (scum)
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I didn't say I scum read them just yet. But if someone says they'll post "soon" then disappear for the next 30 hours it is suspicious and calls for a "prodding vote" in the least. If they do come and post it's a matter of the content in their posts that defines my read of them. If they do NOT respond to said prod they're likely to earn my scum read for lurking, and especially so when they've just replaced in. You don't replace in to lurk, do you?
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:58 pm

That's true enough. I guess I could see someone replacing in without reading the game beforehand and realizing they were in over their heads or getting a role they didn't want, but I always read the thread beforehand because I only get town slots when I replace.
"@EE
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:38 am

Post by Kop »

In post 326, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Is your scum read on them based on lurking/absence?

He quite specifically said that vote was to pressure them into hoping that he would come out and post.

I've done it before as scum, where I've delayed things by saying soon. It's one of those post words that you hope will appease the crowd and hope they forget about you.

In post 329, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:That's true enough. I guess I could see someone replacing in without reading the game beforehand and realizing they were in over their heads or getting a role they didn't want, but I always read the thread beforehand because I only get town slots when I replace.

Parts of this is wrong.

How would someone replacing in not be happy that they didn't get a role they didn't want? I understand the semantics of it, but I can't see someone replacing in hoping to get a role they want. It never works like that, even signing up for a game doesn't get them a role they want.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:45 am

Post by Kop »

In post 292, Aneninen wrote:
In post 264, Xtoxm wrote:My Anen read is based on not liking a handful of his comments combined with a healthy dose of meta. Things like voting and unvoting Pers in #261 i'm not really buying, just looks to me like he's trying to fake stream of consciousness. I don't have a scum meta on Anen but I do have a good amount of town, and his play here is very different to what I was expecting from town-Anen..So it follows that this is more likely to be his scum play. Certainly good enough for me to support for D1.

Your logic is wrong, but whatever.

Actually that vote/unvote was the result of my catching-up method. I saw Percivul's post which I found scummy and I saw him replacing out
after
I hit the Preview and I added that part next.
Obviously, I know it's only my words but that's all I can tell.

This part above goes for everyone.

So you added that part after seeing it after you hit the preview button? Why not just delete it and not say anything about it?

I understand people voting then seeing a post further if they just hit the quote button, and replying as they are catching up, instead of hitting Q+ and adding them to one big post.

But you actually saw the post in the preview before you even posted it, I don't understand that.

I'm not using this to paint you as scum, but that just doesn't make any sense. I don't know whether to place that into; you are trying to appear that you are keeping up; or in putting your thoughts out and making people see that you are actually thinking out loud in the thread.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:52 am

Post by Kop »

In post 277, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Like from here it looks like you're trying to push over a bunch of rocks that are already on their side. I.e. you're not doing much. I like you and acryon for town but I haven't seen you seem to try to get anywhere

This post reeks of trying to buddy.

They are pushing you, so in aid to appease, try buddy them up in hope that they may change there stance towards you. Hmm.

Extrapolated Eagle, who do you actually suspect at this point, or think is worthy for a lynch?
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:55 am

Post by Kop »

In post 310, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Thoughts on players:

I like Titus, atm. Usually it puts me off when someone agrees with me/sees what I do because that never happens to me- I usually end up explaining forever and still get nowhere, but with Titus I think she's generally more likely to be town since she seems to look for similar things. In the first post of the game she shared my opinion of KT and THAT looks town on me. I don't like her oblivion pushes, however, but her push on kt reads sort of like her Klingon push in ycba. She won't be an easy read this game.

Acryon just reads weird to me and he seems emotionally detached and I don't like how he jumped on and pushed me like he was scum waiting to get into an emotional fight so someone could call tvt like Aphix did in the last game I played. He also addresses one of the most controversial players in the game ONCE and that is to link them to a page. He talks about them twice in defense.

KT reads fake to me still, but I could be wrong on him so I'll stick with that.

I don't like the post I saw out of townie but I really need more from him because that could just be style.

I don't remember what I saw in persivul earlier but I need to look through him and everyone else again to get a clearer read of them.

In post 311, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:VOTE: acryon

@kt please explain your town read there

I've just seen these.

Ignore my last comment in previous post.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:54 am

Post by acryon »

In post 330, Kop wrote:
In post 326, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Is your scum read on them based on lurking/absence?

He quite specifically said that vote was to pressure them into hoping that he would come out and post.

I've done it before as scum, where I've delayed things by saying soon. It's one of those post words that you hope will appease the crowd and hope they forget about you.

Do you believe this is what he is doing? Your last sentence especially seems to imply so.

Oh also @EE, I just realized you said something about me being emotionally detached and that's just how I generally play the game so you shouldn't read it as either alignment.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:07 am

Post by Kop »

In post 334, acryon wrote:
In post 330, Kop wrote:

Do you believe this is what he is doing? Your last sentence especially seems to imply so.

Oh also @EE, I just realized you said something about me being emotionally detached and that's just how I generally play the game so you shouldn't read it as either alignment.

If I don't see any contribution further to what he said and promised, then yes I think that.

But if he actually does back what he says up, then It's good, if he doesn't, then I'll feel obliged to up the pressure and hope that it draws him out.

I understand the point that he has replaced in, so may take longer to over read the past pages to catch up, but then there's a limit where he could be using that excuse to back up these coming soon posts, it just may get to a point where it's borderline using it as a tactic, because he could have replaced in to a scum slot.

(When I've done it as scum, I've done it right from the start, so I had no real excuse to give other than been busy, not had time to get on etc etc, I did these coming soon posts in order to appease the crowd. Sunset has replaced in, so if he has slotted into a scum slot, he has a perfectly good excuse to use in order to back these coming soon slots).

I just need to focus some of my attention onto seeing what moral ground he takes, because if he has slotted into a scum slot, he could be using this coming soon tactic to find where he is going to challenge his energy into, and not actually using that tactic to catch up. Where things are turning too, where could he find an easy route to go down without bringing any real suspicion, etc etc.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:25 am

Post by KainTepes »

Almost50 wrote:
In post 244, Sunset Illusions wrote:Checking in, hows everyone doing?

Ill have important stuff soon, but there are a few things I need to address:

1. Burning Crystal, please provide more reads on people not named Eagle. In fact, pushing Eagle would be an improvement. Same goes for Mad King.

2. I do think Eagle is not a good lynch D1. I think this is a noobtown mislynch in the waiting and I will not touch it. I ask the rest of you to do the same. Good choices would be Burning Crystal or Persivul. (More info on this coming).

3. @Kain: Why are you here and why did you join mafiascum?

This was posted nearly 28 hours ago. I wonder what the term "soon" meant. Perhaps with some pressure they'd be more inclined to show up and contribute something?

VOTE: Sunset ILLUSIONS

HIS LOGIC MAKES SENSE
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto

"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:29 am

Post by Kop »

It's been 1 day 18 hours. I think almost 2 days is way over board for a post coming soon.

Question one; This is a question asking for others to provide reads, if he has read the thread, does he not have any reads of his own?

Question two; What has given him this impression, I think this is trying to either veer away from that possible lynch to distance oneself, I would like to see this more info for a case on Burning crystal or the Persivul slot.

Question three; What kind of question is that, seriously? It'll be the same answer it is for everyone on here.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Kop »

In post 337, Kop wrote:VOTE: Sunset Illusions

It's been 1 day 18 hours. I think almost 2 days is way over board for a post coming soon.

Question one; This is a question asking for others to provide reads, if he has read the thread, does he not have any reads of his own?

Question two; What has given him this impression, I think this is trying to either veer away from that possible lynch to distance oneself, I would like to see this more info for a case on Burning crystal or the Persivul slot.

Question three; What kind of question is that, seriously? It'll be the same answer it is for everyone on here.

All the bold content is towards SI post.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:55 am

Post by Xtoxm »

No it's not. SI joined the site 3 days ago, and that is the only post he made anywhere other than a signup. Absence/Flaking isn't scummy.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:01 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 294, davesaz wrote:Also Anen, you're being a bit selective.

Why?

In post 297, pisskop wrote:
In post 273, Mad King Ashnard wrote:VOTE: Adenine
Pigeon boy saying some weird things.

:igmeou: This is close to not being a vote

Sooner will politicians stop lying than RC will stop calling me Adenine.

Eagle, did you re-start your game in ?

In post 304, KuroiXHF wrote:I see no logic in this. This post implies that someone is switching out in order to make themselves look more town for the person who replaces him. I have to ask: What does someone care for the game if they no longer play? That's like thinking about the prostitutes in Grand Theft Auto after you turn off the Playstation 4. Why do you care? They're whores and you're not playing the video game right now.

Spoiler:
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

I know it's just a feeling that the post above gave me serious scum vibes.

In post 313, KuroiXHF wrote:Yeah. I finally see why some want to lynch Aminem. There's not reacting to votes and there's being OK with dying. It seems scummy that you're trying to play it off cool by making your death acceptable. If you're town, I don't know why you're not fighting for your survival.

I've already explained it.

In post 321, Fire Starter wrote:Ew. Walls.
Hi.
Bye.
Will post tomorrow.

There's something for you in that spoiler above.

In post 330, Kop wrote:

Actually yes, it's not only lurking. Also, it's not a bad strategy if a scum wants something to "die out" in the thread, without eg. derailing a wagon or protecting someone openly. I know this has just come from the wrong slot now, but it's still true.

In post 331, Kop wrote:I'm not using this to paint you as scum, but that just doesn't make any sense. I don't know whether to place that into; you are trying to appear that you are keeping up; or in putting your thoughts out and making people see that you are actually thinking out loud in the thread.

Sometimes I'm thinking loud.
There were games where this strategy earned us scumlynches. My half-bake thoughts were completed by someone else.

________

Hooraay! I've started getting reads!
*dancing around the room like a little anime girl*

That's much better than it was before!
*jumping high, landing on a plastic banana and falling over*

Even if I get lynched later, at least I can tell you something before.
*lying on the floor, stars spinning around her head*
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:44 am

Post by acryon »

In post 339, Xtoxm wrote:No it's not. SI joined the site 3 days ago, and that is the only post he made anywhere other than a signup. Absence/Flaking isn't scummy.

Thank you for being the voice of reason on this.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:50 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 340, Aneninen wrote:
In post 294, davesaz wrote:Also Anen, you're being a bit selective.

Why?

Exactly. Why are you being selective? Others are "coaching" KT and you don't seem to care about them.
Furthermore compare my activity to others.

Hooraay! I've started getting reads!

Was your previous activity
not
based on reads? It certainly seemed to me like you had opinions, but now you're admitting that they were based on nothing?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:57 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 341, acryon wrote:
In post 339, Xtoxm wrote:No it's not. SI joined the site 3 days ago, and that is the only post he made anywhere other than a signup. Absence/Flaking isn't scummy.

Join date is immaterial when you consider the possibility of an alt.

There is something else that makes flaking non alignment-indicative. Flaking on a replace for a true new player could indicate a role the player isn't ready to handle. On the other hand, if it's an alt created specifically to play this game then flaking could indicate disappointment at a boring role, by a player who does not want to get a reputation for flaking (hence using an alt). Since the possible results include both exciting and boring roles, the flake is immaterial.

Spoiler: not game related
On an aside, I'd support reporting it if it's an alt strategically dropping boring roles. I'm generally disgusted with the culture of replacing out. Yes RL can be a bitch and there does need to be a safety valve, but people should also learn how to play the roles as they come.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:09 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Aninem, you've already explained it? May I ask where? I can't see it on your ISO.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:39 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 343, davesaz wrote:if it's an alt created specifically to play this game then flaking could indicate disappointment at a boring role, by a player who does not want to get a reputation for flaking (hence using an alt).

This phrasing sent me chasing my own tail around. How did a player know their role (thus using an alt) BEFORE they got their role PM (the alt must've been created before applying. No?)
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:40 am

Post by Almost50 »

Also, how DO you guys embed images directly into the post?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:50 am

Post by pisskop »

Disregard, mod made some posts that were intended for another game. In order to embed image you should use the [/img] tag to end the image link and the [img] tag to start it.
Last edited by pisskop on Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Burning Crystal
Burning Crystal
Goon
Burning Crystal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:53 am

Post by Burning Crystal »

In post 343, davesaz wrote:
In post 341, acryon wrote:

Join date is immaterial when you consider the possibility of an alt.

There is something else that makes flaking non alignment-indicative. Flaking on a replace for a true new player could indicate a role the player isn't ready to handle. On the other hand, if it's an alt created specifically to play this game then flaking could indicate disappointment at a boring role, by a player who does not want to get a reputation for flaking (hence using an alt). Since the possible results include both exciting and boring roles, the flake is immaterial.

Spoiler: not game related
On an aside, I'd support reporting it if it's an alt strategically dropping boring roles. I'm generally disgusted with the culture of replacing out. Yes RL can be a bitch and there does need to be a safety valve, but people should also learn how to play the roles as they come.

I disagree.

Coming soon content indicates the person is engaged. Then they said wtf and left. That's not likely an IRL flake. The only reason I'm not voting here is I hope the slot gets someone to fill it soon so I can get reads based on how he treats others and how others treat him.

~Titus
Titus / tn5421
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:55 am

Post by pisskop »

beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.

Return to “Completed Open Games”