Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2300 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:49 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Congrats scum.
It was a fun game to play (when I was still alive!) cheers Dierfire :D

I don't think there was enough reading in this game.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:53 am

Post by massive »

You got one lynch via a fake guilty. You ruined your own reputation in the game. You have no one to blame but yourself. Don't blame the town, your displeasure at this game is all you buddy.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:56 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

You are either

1) fully aware that that is not the case
or
2) letting your pride in your victory prevent you from seeing the fact that everything that I've said is true.

Yeah, I fake guiltied. Desperation play because Robster was obvtown, Ircher was being an idiot, and town was throwing itself off a cliff.
I would have had a real guilty the next day if it weren't for Boonskiies shenanigans.
Mod can verify that I origianlly sent in a Massive RB before I read my ISO and realized that people would interpret it as an Ircher RB and hda to change it.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Performer
Performer
Mafia Scum
Performer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:03 am

Post by Performer »

In post 2287, pisskop wrote:youre right, its not everyone :d

Im gonna take a breather. I hope we all learned from this experience.

mod was a good mod too

Definitely. I learned how to better read pk town, as well as massive scum and UTL scum - I have to admit, I've never seen someone attempt to twist my meta like her, in this game. Going forward, I'm going to highly question that from anyone else.
I learned not to be so paranoid when others townread me. I also hope others learn from this game, though frustrating - a great learning experience. Not sure what Axle was doing the whole time... - _-

I think at LyLo, though things were to the point of being angering - pk I think you rushed the vote on Axle a bit.

If you guys haven't read the dead thread yet, please do...there are posts in there you guys may want to read (for reason of improvement).
I'll be catching up with any new posts in pub thread and dead thread later - got to get ready to run a few errands today.
In post 2288, Heat wrote:My reads were shit this game. Sorry guys
Gg scum.

Thanks for modding, dier!

Heat you need to be way more active when you play as town. Also, when people like pk, Ircher , and Axle put in so much effort (as seen in their proactive posting this game), that tends to be a town sign. You also should discern whether a player is town frustrated or scum feigning town frustration. This is a subtle thing but with more games, you should be able to tune that skill as a town player.
I hope you continue improving and use this game as a big learning experience. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask them to us. I would be glad to help.
In post 2292, RadiantCowbells wrote:*shrug*
dearly wish I didn't replace in and invest my effort into having Boonskiies screw me over and everyone else ignore me.

RC I wish you were active when you replaced in. You replaced in RIGHT before I was about to be lynched. :cry:
I’m an informed Miller who knows there isn’t any Loyal modifiers and there is a total of 4 scum.
-Morality
I'm easily the best person in the game at mechanics. I don't presume to be the best at anything else.
-Jingle
People tried
-RadiantCowbells
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:04 am

Post by Ircher »

We already lost!!! UGH!!!
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:04 am

Post by massive »

Why does what the town would believe matter in that case? You block me, you don't actually die, and it's game over. Did you think you couldn't convince the town you were really a roleblocker after fake-guiltying AND accepting Boons' fakeclaim of you being the Friendly Neighbor? Boons would have self-outed at that point so you only had half the distance to go.

And personally, I think that it's your job as town to work to convince your teammates and work with them to win, not play obtusely and then yell at them in post-game. My irritation has nothing to do with your ability to read the game, it has everything to do with this shitty holier-than-thou attitude you have after losing.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:04 am

Post by Golden Robster »

Thanks for modding Dierfire!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:06 am

In post 2305, massive wrote:Why does what the town would believe matter in that case? You block me, you don't actually die, and it's game over. Did you think you couldn't convince the town you were really a roleblocker after fake-guiltying AND accepting Boons' fakeclaim of you being the Friendly Neighbor? Boons would have self-outed at that point so you only had half the distance to go.

And personally, I think that it's your job as town to work to convince your teammates and work with them to win, not play obtusely and then yell at them in post-game. My irritation has nothing to do with your ability to read the game, it has everything to do with this shitty holier-than-thou attitude you have after losing.

Every thing I was personally involved in was a success story.

I also called out the scumteam.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:06 am

Post by massive »

Man, Performer, your hammer was the most nerve-wracking thing I have ever done as scum. I knew I couldn't let UTL's wagon gather any kind of momentum but I knew I needed to do it in a way that wouldn't bring a huge amount of fire my way the next day. Luckily pisskop finally decided he'd rather I choke on a pretzel than get lynched :)
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:06 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

mod was a good mod too

what that you ought play the damn game?
and post reasons and shit?
and make some effort to be readable?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:07 am

In post 2308, massive wrote:Man, Performer, your hammer was the most nerve-wracking thing I have ever done as scum. I knew I couldn't let UTL's wagon gather any kind of momentum but I knew I needed to do it in a way that wouldn't bring a huge amount of fire my way the next day. Luckily pisskop finally decided he'd rather I choke on a pretzel than get lynched :)

which was transparent as soon as I reread that fyi.

as I pointed out.

I'm positive no one in the game reread that sequence after my death.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:08 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2282, pisskop wrote:wtf is wrong with you idiots??

how hard is it to play lije you want to fucking win

dunno how hard was it?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:09 am

In post 2309, AxleGreaser wrote:

mod was a good mod too

what that you ought play the damn game?
and post reasons and shit?
and make some effort to be readable?

PK was plenty readable.

I was plenty readable.

What YOU interpret as 'effort to be readable' and 'playing the damn game' is people's conformity to YOUR measure of playing the game, which isn't even fucking REMOTELY a scum or a town tell. Everything that you were looking at in this game was super far from NAI. If you want to learn from that, I can walk you through some things. If you want to carry on playing the way you are and blaming the people you mislynch (because you WILL mislynch a lot of people playing like you are), that's fine too.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:10 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2308, massive wrote:Man, Performer, your hammer was the most nerve-wracking thing I have ever done as scum. I knew I couldn't let UTL's wagon gather any kind of momentum but I knew I needed to do it in a way that wouldn't bring a huge amount of fire my way the next day. Luckily pisskop finally decided he'd rather I choke on a pretzel than get lynched :)

Congrats I dont know if Id have worked you out if you had been forced to play out the day or not.
but as far as you got, up to there, you had beaten me.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:13 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2312, RadiantCowbells wrote:What YOU interpret as 'effort to be readable' and 'playing the damn game' is people's conformity to YOUR measure of playing the game,

posting why your read people as scum is not the game?

Pk would mot explain his reads.

but yeah you are from the welp I am cow bells appeal to emotion school of playing mafia.
I got over crying and other such methods of appealing to emotion until I got what i wanted long time ago.

YMMV and apparently does.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:14 am

In post 2314, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 2312, RadiantCowbells wrote:What YOU interpret as 'effort to be readable' and 'playing the damn game' is people's conformity to YOUR measure of playing the game,

posting why your read people as scum is not the game?

Pk would mot explain his reads.

but yeah you are from the welp I am cow bells appeal to emotion school of playing mafia.
I got over crying and other such methods of appealing to emotion until I got what i wanted long time ago.

YMMV and apparently does.

No, it's actually not.
Not in the way you think it is at least.
Would you like me to make a serious theory post or no?
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:15 am

Post by droog »

God no
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"i dislike this guy immensely"
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:18 am

Post by pisskop »

axle for scum mvp
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:18 am

Like the tl;dr is that even minutely skilled scum can give reasons for any of their votes.
Scumhunting is reconstructing play in thread into a larger framework of understanding what their thought process.
That's almost entirely not about their votes or the reasons for them directly, but about how they fit in with their thought processes and such.

For example, if Massive was legitimately pissed off at PK for not giving reasons he would have just hammered.
Massive would have known PK's not going to suddenly fly in and start giving reasons when he's just not that kind of player.
Thus you can conclude that Massive knew that PK was going to not give reasons and was counting on that.

When you consider that the counterwagon was on scum, bam 100% scum motivated play. Bullseye.
THAT'S scumhunting. Going after people for spending less time explaining their reads isn't.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:19 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

and yeah ta for the modding.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:19 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2318, RadiantCowbells wrote:Scumhunting is reconstructing play in thread into a larger framework of understanding what their thought process.

Yup and Pisskop refused to provide the bricks for the reconstruction.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:21 am

He did.
You're just looking for one narrow set of things in people's posts that doesn't capture everything.
In fact this game should prove to you what I've considered gospel for a long time; people who overly justify their reads are usually scum.

FMPOV, you are literally looking for a scumtell and using it as a towntell.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:21 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 2318, RadiantCowbells wrote:For example, if Massive was legitimately pissed off at PK for not giving reasons he would have just hammered.

No that is what a childish Massive would do.

I was legitimately pissed of at many things, I didn't vote anyone because of it.
You appear to be projecting how you play mafia onto other people.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:22 am

Post by droog »

I take it back
Agree with rc's approach to hunting
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"i dislike this guy immensely"
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:22 am

Post by Dierfire »

In post 2302, RadiantCowbells wrote:Mod can verify that I origianlly sent in a Massive RB before I read my ISO and realized that people would interpret it as an Ircher RB and hda to change it.

This is true.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”