- (2) xtoxm, Ranger
Kop
- (1) Acryon
Texcat
- (1) Chilledtea

Not Voting
-

With 13 Alive it takes 7 to Lynch!
Day 01 Deadlne is (expired on 2016-03-05 09:00:00).
Last edited by pisskop on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:22 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 802, Almost50 wrote:
In post 797, pisskop wrote:Ranger has replaced Fire Starter

Now there's an interesting unexpected turn of events. :lol:
WELCOME

Why?

In post 805, texcat wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that KT is an alt and is doing this on purpose??

Yes.

In post 806, Almost50 wrote:but I'm still working under the assumption there are 2 factions and that is why we don't seem to agree on a lynch.

That's not a good assumption.
There can be bussing.
Townies can misread everything.
Agreeing about a certain player, especially if their wagon is quick, might mean that the wagoned one is town.

In post 806, Almost50 wrote:The good news though is we've got Ranger here. I already think Burning Crystal is town, and I was leaning town on Ranger's spot, so together they can figure out Mad King (whom I'm still suspicious of) and then we go from there.

Why did you emphasize Ranger's arrival was a piece of good news?

In post 808, Almost50 wrote:Probably. Scum!Titus would've seized the chance to make a push on town!me all the way. But that's not all. I get town vibes from their posts (both of them) and reactions to everything being said of/to them.

What sort of town vibes?
Also, I don't think any scum follows any kind of pattern whom to push.

In post 816, acryon wrote:
In post 815, Kop wrote:We should take our focus completely off the setup.
Let's agree on a lynch candidate, then we can discuss the possible setups up when we have flips to deal with, then we can be assured what we could possibly be dealing with.

Yes, I agree, which is the problem with Almost. Any of his pushes are essentially based in setup spec, which is very silly at this point, and has no hope of bringing people on board.

^^
Parrot.

In post 819, KainTepes wrote:KOP and ANENINEM are the most town-like to Me...

Me? Why?
I'm one of the most insignificant players here... I mean, I've hardly done anything so far.

In post 824, KainTepes wrote:5 times already he VOTED WITHOUT REASON... its weird, usually in TOWN OF SALEM the mafia will vote without saying anything because they want to be UNDETECTED...

(1) This is not Town of Salem.
(2) Someone posted it before that Xtoxm tends to throw naked votes.

Kuroi, and others. Please, fix your vote tags and don't omit playernames. It's very hard to follow posts like that.

In post 836, Mad King Ashnard wrote:Manipulation is a core tenet of my town play as you should be well aware, Adenine.

Spoiler:
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

Welcome to my lynch pool.

In post 845, Ranger wrote:Yo. This game's gonna take me a while to get fully situated, though my understanding is we have a deadline impending. I'm doing something like five things at once, so it might take me a while to get caught up, but the urgent nature of the situation means I'll be making this game a top priority until night falls and
I inevitably get nightkilled.
:P

Dafuq was that.

In post 852, Ranger wrote:So this is just from pages 31 to the present, my list may change upon reading. It's a start, though.
{Xtoxm, chilledtea, texcat}
{Aneninen, Burning Crystal, Mad King Ashnard, Kop, KainTepes}
{davesaz}
{Almost50}
{Kuroi, acryon}
That's untouchable-town, strong-town, null, below-null, and well-below-null if you were wondering.
Obviously, this means I do not approve of the current wagons, so, uh:
VOTE: Kuroi.

We have very little time left.
You've read a couple of pages.
And you want to launch a new wagon.
It's definitely something I'd do as scum. (Regardless of my buddies would be wagoned or not.)

In post 854, Ranger wrote:{Xtoxm, chilledtea, texcat, Mad King Ashnard, Aneninen}
{Burning Crystal, Kop, KainTepes}
{davesaz}
{Almost50}
{Kuroi, acryon}
This off the first four pages.

Those pages?
As far as I remember, apart from irrelevant topiques, nothing happened there. Nothing!
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:27 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 855, Ranger wrote:
Kuroi wrote:Take that vote off me.
Honestly, my acryon scumread is stronger, but I didn't see any votes on acryon and I
did
see votes on you, so yeah.

Pigeon poop.

In post 856, texcat wrote:
In post 1, pisskop wrote:*In the spirit of being completely clear: All scum chats are active during the day.

There's really no need to be coaching him in thread.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Please, everyone who has been talking about in-game coaching, grab a smiley from above. (Hint: there have been eight of them, originally.)

In post 863, Almost50 wrote:And the WINNER of the BEST post of THE GAME is.... *Drum Roll* *Tadaaa*
In post 862, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 861, KainTepes wrote:I was not saying ME... I was saying MAD KING TEPES, not KAIN TEPES... you must read my post PROPERLY!!!!

I am SORRY. I have FAILED to read that post PROPERLY!!! I will try my BEST in the FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

^^
Parrot

In post 864, Mad King Ashnard wrote:I'm going to super tryhard this

The difference between fairies and you. I don't believe in either of them.
Actually I
know
fairies exist. Therefore, it's not a matter of belief.

Clotilde.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:47 am

Post by Ranger »

Aneninen wrote:Dafuq was that.
Experience. Hold on, I'm going to add a table to my wiki to see the number of times I've been nightkilled. It's...large.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:51 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Aneninen, I don't like the way the tags work here. If you see one without tags, you can assume that they belonged to they belonged to the last person whose name showed.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:52 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Anen: Because Ranger is a great player and I love her to follow reads developing to deduce who is actually scum. Now don't get me wrong. The way she posts them does not necessarily mean the bottom 2,3 or 4 are scum, nor does it mean the top tier are indeed town. However, with her reads updated I can see who is heading up and who is moving down, and compare to my own reads. In short, I believe in Ranger's ability to hit on scum with like 70-80% precision. The only problem is if she herself was scum (I've never played with scum!Ranger, btw) but then she hopped into a slot I was town reading, so I'm happy for it.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:53 am

Post by Ranger »

Crunched the numbers.

5 town death N1
5 town deaths other nights
1 3P death N1
11 night deaths overall, out of 23 town games, 1 3P game, and 7 scum games.

I'm a walking punching bag for scumteams.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:58 am

Post by Ranger »

I really believe scum don't care which of {Mad King Ashnard, Burning Crystal} gets lynched, because both are
really
looking like wagons on town.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by chilledtea »

In post 882, Ranger wrote:I really believe scum don't care which of {Mad King Ashnard, Burning Crystal} gets lynched, because both are
really
looking like wagons on town.

Has your opinion on texcat changed at all?
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:31 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

I don't like all these orange-ish/redish liquids out here. I think this is why KT is having that tummy ache.
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by KainTepes »

my tomach has stopped HURTING but i need time to read still..........!!!
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto

"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:08 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 729, acryon wrote:I will most likely join you in a moment on Kuro, but want to sort this first. Would you mind pointing me to Dave's softing prior to the BG claim? I don't know how but I read through and missed it still.

In post 825, Burning Crystal wrote:So you're really going to let MKA get away with a self-meta exclusive defense? I don't care if he didn't mean it in earnest or whatever, it's still complete and utter horseshit and strong justification for not moving our vote ever.

You guys don't wanna join?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:18 pm

Post by Mad King Ashnard »

In post 825, Burning Crystal wrote:
In post 776, Mad King Ashnard wrote:Fairly sure that she's not town now, yeah.

That was actually me, but, you know, ok.

In post 781, Xtoxm wrote:Eh.

VOTE: Kuroi

So you're really going to let MKA get away with a self-meta exclusive defense? I don't care if he didn't mean it in earnest or whatever, it's still complete and utter horseshit and strong justification for not moving our vote ever.

In post 793, acryon wrote:
In post 792, Aneninen wrote:
In post 765, KuroiXHF wrote:I am
really
tempted to vote Fire Starter now. I still see his posts elsewhere on MafiaScum. I'm going to
ask the mod
to give him a prod and see if he can do something useful.

In post 766, pisskop wrote:
Fire Starter is not within prod range

In post 767, pisskop wrote:
Fire Starter has requested replacement.

Either flaking out as scum or leaving because of being uninterested in the game. Right now we can't decide which one.

And we won't decide, because it's a null.

I don't think we saw more than 3 posts from Fire Starter, so I'm going to go with 'uninterested'.

In post 805, texcat wrote:Am I the only one who thinks that KT is an alt and is doing this on purpose??

I don't think so, no. I feel like he is genuinely frustrated and doesn't know how to proceed. It's still null though, and could just as easily be scum frustration as town frustration.

~~~~

Oh....Oh my god.

Is KT
making a case?

~tn5421

This post is freaking awful.
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:19 pm

So you're really going to let MKA get away with a self-meta exclusive defense? I don't care if he didn't mean it in earnest or whatever, it's still complete and utter horseshit and strong justification for not moving our vote ever.

Like this is just the worst.
This is 100% scum talking about town that they're trying to scumread.
Positive that they're scum here now.
Lynch in the pair of us. Vig or whatnot kills her overnight, lynch her if there is none.

Ranger. You should listen to me.
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:29 pm

Okay boys, I've literally spent a good amount of last night and most of today on this game so if I'm wrong about everything I'll probably just kms.
Raskolnikov
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:29 pm

Can you help me get pagetop though?
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:31 pm

Screw it

Almost50-smudger

10/10 town
His play through fakeclaiming pgo and more importantly his explanation of his thought processes around this are genuine. The play itself was based on faulty logic but how he did it is almost certain to come from town, and I feel the same about his dubious logic in . I would hesitate more on this but he is claiming PR and rc feels the same about the claim. Earlier stuff wasn't giving me an impression at the time, looking through I don't see anything bad, in fact he said straight up he wants to sort RC first which is consistent with "I precisely picked my fake claim to be PGO to see how the Ashnard slot would react" although still ridiculously wrong as a legitimate theory/plan.

KainTepes

Actually probably town.
You're probably already familiar with the kaintepes sensation sweeping mafiascum right now. While by default he's lynchbait/policy material at this point he has enough to reasonably look past his antics and judge him to some confidence. I didn't notice at the time but at some point in the game he started using reason and lowercase, and he actually showed some amount of effort in responding to the dave vote on him. Lately his 'pushes' on xtoxm/me make some very basic level of sense and he's putting in the effort. Now why I actually think he's town is his measure and approach. For his votes this game he's never going too far in exaggerating the scumminess of what he sees but is actually moderate; he expresses that an action is suspicious but doesn't try to paint it as worse than it actually is and this is a huge part of how I see newbtown vs newbscum. His votes are independent and his actions aren't following town mentality and that actually shows some independent thought; newbscum would be far more likely to hop onto pre-existing wagons especially big ones to get the lynch but also blend in. I don't see any intention to not stand-out either, he's posting lots, not being reserved and is increasingly transparent with his thought processes. Probably spent too much time reading into kaintepes of all people but I'm pretty surprisingly pleased with him as town on the review.

KuroiXHF

Murky nullscum fluffposter
Ugh. The kuroi I saw in newbie 1671 was reasonable and eloquent, and even though it was pretty much my first game he just came off as obvtown. This game he's been entirely different with the fluff and lurking, and hilariously he closed his one post in which he put everything into and then had to rewrite it in less detail so it ends up shallow and we don't know what it would have been. Fluff afterwards until his next big post which is half decent though inflated. The sheer amount of fluff actually makes the read really murky, and given his explanation for his stances is for the most part back in his shallow/lost post from midgame I can't try to figure out his thought processes for what he's doing now. Really dirty nullscum in that I know he's capable of looking town but this game he's given literally no reason to think that. Would compromise here but it'd be a little bit policy.

Texcat-Sunset Illusions

obvscum
I'm rarely this confident about a read. Upon entry hands out a townread and points out a lack of scumhunting. After first skim she gives conclusions in , what I'm scumreading in this is her see-saw statements. "My initial read had me leaning scum on KT and EE, but I fear that was their newbiness.", "Burning Crystal has been uncharacteristical quiet, but I guess I can put that down to RL", this personally I see as a scumtell, I think scum say things like this because you look like you're paying attention, making a point and showing consideration by negating it but in the end you don't actually take a stance and it's really a nothing/low value statement which doesn't end up coming to a conclusion that they see something as towny or scummy. Minor, but in "I'd still like to hear from Almost50 who seemed to take an easy vote on my slot." I think she should call it out as scummy if she thinks it is or ask almost directly for the reason rather than say to the town that she wants to hear more from him. has another tell of mine, the midpost vote-unvote-vote which I think town wouldn't do in this case. This post is a some fluff, some half-hearted setup spec comment, and a vote on almost that lacks any sort of conviction. "Looks more like a fake claim from scum to me." "I think he's scum who was getting nervous and at least wanted to learn something about town prs if he was going to be lynched." she doesn't go into why she thinks its fake, her reasoning that he wanted to learn something about town prs before he'd get lynched is asinine as almost wasn't in that much danger of a lynch before this event, and in general I think her approach here is shallow. I would expect town to think beyond fake claim = has to be scum, and especially texcat if she was town should have brought up almost's "easy vote" on her earlier as a somewhat legitimate reason that she would scumread almost off of, but she doesn't mention that again. Almost makes a mistake in his setup spec and tex says its scummy because "I would expect the real Bodyguard to be more familiar with the scenarios he was in." She leaves almost alone as town mentality shifted away from his wagon, doesn't push that anymore and later comments "I have a scum read on Almost50 for the two fake claims, but will give him another day." which is a little absurd as she thinks almost50 is scum lying about his bodyguard claim as well but doesn't think it's worth pursuing. If she said he backed off because she couldn't garner the support for the lynch that would make sense but actually changing your mind and acting as if its your decision he's not getting lynched doesn't really. In the readslist the reads are fairly weak, and all the realistic lynches of the day she has as null or scum and she's fine PLing kt and fire starter. What's actually substantial is the way she goes about it. Going through everyone town/null she goes to kuroi and me as scum but barely justifies her kuroi scumread and and has a very weak vote on me. Her reasoning is that the case on her is wrong (doesn't explain or say why its wrong), we're "going for an easy target" (she considers herself an easy target?), and that we have a lot of fluffy posts and had a lack of interest earlier in the game. She doesn't say why these things are alignment indicative but rather points out the obvious (earlier fluff and lack of interest) as if its that simple, and she hasn't said anything that makes me think she believes what she's saying. All throughout she never persues her leads rather than just stating a reason and leaving her vote; all of the questions she's actually asked the entire game have been to unrelated people about unrelated things as well as most of her statements. Kaintepes shows more consideration and depth of thought in his reads than texcat this game, and texcat has since that vote bounced back to making nothing/harmless questions and comments.

The replacing out of SI was somewhat alignment indicative in that I think it's more likely someone would be overwhelmed on the replace in as a scum than as town since it wasn't that far into the game, but this is minor either way. What's worse is the SI post itself is really a nothing post with a slight newbie scumtell in that he calls eagle a 'noobtown mislynch' which is an absurd judgement for a newbie to make, and its right after he (not really subtly) encourages people to push him.

Acryon

strong town
Active and clear in his reasoning but somewhat detached which makes it hard to feel strongly about him one way or another. Had him at weak town just for not doing anything scummy and town perspectives in how he approached almost50 and the setup spec. I ended up meta'ing him. Used primarily 628, 621, 585 for town and 588 and somewhat 1643(older) for mafia, I may or may not have used ongoing games as well. I'm not sure how much I want to express here so I'll summarize. If he played more often I'd probably keep this more to myself.
town
-cautious but involved early
-doesnt necessarily justify every vote
-reconsiders, not sticky with reads.
-usually scumhunts with reason, sometimes uses feel though: x "feels town" "doesnt feel town"
scum
-ignores the thread going-ons early, talks about something useless
-sticky with vote, doesn't really push
-fluff and active lurking
-see-saw statements, X is bad but is it AI? muddled posts which don't draw concls/stances
-exaggerates

From this game he's a lot more town, or at least avoiding anything I've seen him do as scum. He was a bit sticky on his anen vote but he had v/la and also blamed the thread for being full of ee/kt spam. I haven't seen him fluff, active lurk, go too far/exaggerate something for a read, or see-saw his statements. Rather they've been pretty relevant and useful, and some of his posts I really feel come from a town perspective. Stance on the almost/dave/bc/mka thing and then voting kop is believable.

Burning Crystal (tn5421 & Titus)

probably scum. really weird.
There's a lot of weird factors which make this read not fun and I'd feel kind of bad if she takes this lynch personally esp to RC. Early play was being on KT which was at least partially policy, vote change to EE based on KT getting better was a little weird. Early/mid play was low on scumhunting and lurky in general; while titus was busy the other head didn't step in. Really became active as of the almost fake-claim, though wasn't particularly involved. This is where things get weird. Asks about my texcat vote, I answer it. She sheeps dave onto anen (dave was her previous scumread/vote) and in response to being asked about texcat she says she could vote it but her obvtown reads (dave,acryon?) are pushing anen and that tex isn't likely to give a reaction. That her scumreads aren't getting traction and she's not explicity townreading anen but we need wagons. This is actually an absurd response. She implies she has scumreads (what scumreads?) but they aren't going anywhere and so she's sheeping her obvtown reads onto anen who she doesn't actually say she finds scummy but just that she's not "explicitly townreading" him. That she would be willing to vote texcat but she doesn't want to because it wouldn't give a reaction and she would rather sheep her obvtowns, rather than saying she sees texcat as scummy or not. The original question was about her read on texcat but instead of giving a read it sounds like she's giving weird excuses as to why she's voting the way she is and doesn't vote otherwise, and actually making it out as though she doesn't have that much of a choice in the matter. She asks again why we voted tex/ why tex is scum though I did say why, and asks why we're trying to counterwagon anen (though my vote on tex was before dave/bc's anen vote so it would suggest the opposite). That's weird, but what's scummy is the suggestion of "IF you want me to follow you, you'll need to convince me that either a) texcat is scum or b) you're townier.", which implies that she would sheep US on something she doesn't see if we were townier. Basically still making no judgement as to whether texcat is actually town or scum and just continuing to act as though she can only sheep and if we were townier she would sheep us onto tex. These really bizarre excuses and deflection when really we were just asking her for her read on tex, trying to learn WHY she thought as she did but she just kept justifying her actions. Says to tex "There's no case or reason to vote you and thus nothing to react to." and still doesn't venture a town/scum judgement on the slot. Finally admits to nullreading tex. I can't understand the town motivation why someone would defend so hard a slot they aren't even townreading. As town if I'm null on a slot I'm generally not against its lynch, but why she's so against this when she doesn't feel strongly about another lynch (sheeping her obvtowns onto something she's not convinced on) is inexplicable. She brings up multiball to tex's credit "Texcat's recent posts don't really seem to be lacking scumhunting. This game is also likely multi ball or mafia plus SK which means every slot should be scumhunting even if scum." which is absurd again, and defends her post in . Finally in she apparently either agrees with us or is townreading us a bit because she does vote texcat and suggests we stop fighting. She says she isn't scumreading us in . In response to anen voting BC she votes back, suggests she is neither scumreading nor townreading us, and then scumreads the kuroi/us interaction to vote kuroi. Other head comes in and is scumreading us but not kuroi, votes (how do they think the kuroi/us interaction is scummy but end up scumreading the opposite people in it?), and titus is letting the other head cover. I can't judge the RC/titus meta interaction or the hydra situation too much. I do think that her defense of texcat was ridiculously bad as well as the sheeping and trying to avoid taking responsibility for her actions. I haven't seen any personal scumhunting she's done this game and little original explanations/motivations for her votes. The only thing is that the weird extra factors going on in our exchange leave some doubt, plus I don't know her and RC apparently misreads her a fair bit so there is an outside chance they were just acting really strange as town. Rather lynch tex tbh.

Kop

Mild Town
Pretty odd style, strange in general. Emotionally distant and seems to play on reasoning rather than any gut or feelings. Checked that it was standard for him early into the game. His cases and analysis makes sense (EE overreacting, kt, bc, kro iso) though he doesn't go out of his way to find depth in his justifications. I thought the EE unvote was weird, how he handled SI 337, and I don't like his interaction with EE becoming purely defensive (375,427). He never explicitly changed his mind about EE and I don't see how their exchange would get kop to townread him so I don't know if he stopped pursuing that because he was getting too much pressure for it or if he actually changed his mind about him; usually if someone is making a huge case case on you that you disagree with you'll at least mention what you think about them. Wasn't sure about him so I had to meta. Used open 615 and mini 1665 for town (few recent town games), and 621, 614 for mafia.
overall
-shallow vote reasoning
town
-flexible voting
-more engagement
-low justification
scum
-explains his motivations a lot more
-makes things appear scummier than they are
-see-saws
-sticky votes and low engagement, low follow-up

For the most part this is closer to his town games. Decent engagement and fairly straightforward in points. Didn't overly justify his reads or vote motivations until questioned (towny in this case), but was way too defensive vs EE. I did like the vote on titus and his questions there. Some of his comments are actually insightful and he's putting work in to follow-up his reads, overall okay for town. I think stylistically it's harder to be sure either way about someone detached like this since feeling and how convinced someone sounds are a big part of reading someone.

Chilledtea-Extrapolated Eagle

moderate town
I've mostly ignored EE because as a player I find his style really frustrating. I think in general he draws big conclusions from shallow or straight up faulty reasoning and is pretty stubborn about it as well, and he expresses himself in giant quote walls that take ages to trudge through. This game as well was the emotional overreaction which was annoying and actually ridiculous considering it was just from him misinterpreting a post. He was wrong to overreact to BC and he was wrong in defending himself (163,177) but I couldn't see it as that AI. Push on Kop was okay. 317 feels genuine, can't be bothered trying to make sense of the rest of his actions. Don't understand the replace out at all. Weaktown for EE, the Chilledtea though. I love newbies. Readslist is okay but not that different from town mentality (the only really different thing is having kuroi at town). 705 is better, since then he's changed to BC and tex though him pulling back his kop scumread for 'participation' is a bit weird. Nothing that stands out too much as scummy. I think if he's scum it'll show with more content so this isn't too concerning right now.

xtoxm

Dubious Town
Very little content especially in the first week of the day, he somehow gives literally everyone (incl me) town vibes. I'm wary of him getting a free pass from his playstyle but going back no one really questioned or pressured him so it's not as if he was ignoring anyone either. I wish I could analyse this in more depth and decide one way or the other with some confidence but he's an experienced player with a lurk meta and I feel like it might not be the best use of time. 646 is insightful and his post with most content 777 reads good but in retrospect I should have engaged him early-mid (too late now) if I wanted a read to feel sure about. I feel like I could be being fooled by this man but its probably too late in the day to do anything about him.

davesaz

Moderate Town PR Softer
My last game I mistakenly scumread him for sheeping town and heavy lurking to find out he was PR. Honestly having been looking too hard at him this game. Decent kop and Titus vote, poorly explained vote on me and a retaliatory vote on anen because he didnt like anen's case on him. He's different from the towngame I saw but considering his play was really bad in that game I don't think it really makes sense to suspect him for being better either. Not a consideration for today because of the PR soft but I agree with xtoxm that softing like this is dangerous because it gives him flexibility if hes scum fakeclaiming. If I think about it softing PR to save almost doesn't make that much sense from scum unless he's partner with almost but that's still a bit of reach, and even as scum softing as pr could still get you killed if we have SK/WW. Town for now but if he's still alive later in the game he has to be looked at again.

Aneninen

Trying to rely on RC to read him. I've been mixed on him from the combination of weird things, insight and fluff/jokes. Don't really have the stamina to overview at this point. RC says he's moderate-strong town and that he'll know his alignment 100% if we get to d2/3.

Ranger-Fire Starter-Persivul

?
Persivul/fire haven't done wrong, FS's catchup notes were decent. Now, ranger. I know from blitz 21 she's a really good town player and I'm a little worried how much that translates into scum for her. The replace was pretty recent and I'm not sure how much I can read into a list of brackets so there isn't much to judge right now. I thought 845 might have a really minor tell in the smiley disable but a quick look disproves that. The most I can say is that attempting to divert the main wagons especially the one on me (town) is more likely from town simply because scum wouldn't have much reason to stick their neck out. A scum could be apathetic or pick a side but scum ranger redirecting the lynch would be unlikely bussing on scum kuroi and would make her look bad on town kuroi. I don't think the being nk'd talk is AI.

{ Almost50, Kaintepes } Town
{ EE, acyron, anen(rc) } Mostly Town
{ Dave, Kop } Weak Town
{ Xtoxm, Ranger } unsorted
{ Burning Crystal, Kuroi } probably scum?
{ Texcat } scum
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:33 pm

VOTE: Texcat
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:58 pm

VOTE: Burning crystal

fixed.
Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Mad King Ashnard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:52 pm

T_T
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:39 am

Post by Ranger »

chilledtea wrote:Has your opinion on texcat changed at all?
Nope, townread's not going away any time soon.

I don't understand Mad King Ashnard's reads at all. It's the Rask head, so that's not
as
concerning as if it were the RC head, but I very much want to hear RC go into his reads like that because the reads Rask posted look basically backwards.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:39 am

Post by KainTepes »

I changed my mind about MAD KING TEPES....... the last post was very informative and I WILL GIVE IT A LOOK TO SEE IF IT LOOKS LIKE SCUM OR TOWN...
UNVOTE: MAD KING TEPES
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto

"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:50 am

Post by acryon »

In post 880, Almost50 wrote:However, with her reads updated I can see who is heading up and who is moving down, and compare to my own reads. In short, I believe in Ranger's ability to hit on scum with like 70-80% precision. .

That is
very
generous.

On another note, Mad King is town. feels super super town. I don't see any attempts to misrepresent at all, which is very easy to do, especially in a big post and in a game where people have said a lot of interesting things. I was torn on BC, and I would still prefer a Kuroi lynch I think, but I'd go Burning Crystal.

Consider this an intent to push to L-1. Would actually do it but I have had several games recently with quickhammers, so I'd rather not. BC should claim.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:06 am

Post by Ranger »

acryon wrote:That is very generous.
Yes it is, the sucking-up did not go unnoticed, though he's not
that
far off to be honest. My accuracy rate in games sits comfortably in the 60% range, approximately.

On another note, Mad King is town.
Well,
yeah
, but I feel Burning Crystal is, too.

I was torn on BC, and I would still prefer a Kuroi lynch I think, but I'd go Burning Crystal.
This is scum who is distancing on Kuroi without actually bussing.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:10 am

Post by acryon »

In post 898, Ranger wrote:
acryon wrote:That is very generous.
Yes it is, the sucking-up did not go unnoticed, though he's not
that
far off to be honest. My accuracy rate in games sits comfortably in the 60% range, approximately.

It will be good to have you then if you are town :)

On another note, Mad King is town.
Well,
yeah
, but I feel Burning Crystal is, too.

That part I'm not as sure about. Were there certain posts of theirs that felt town to you?

I was torn on BC, and I would still prefer a Kuroi lynch I think, but I'd go Burning Crystal.
This is scum who is distancing on Kuroi without actually bussing.

Or it's town realizing that there is no traction on Kuroi and we are 2 days from deadline.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.

Return to “Completed Open Games”