Micro 592: Lovers Mafia GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:41 am

Post by Nahdia »

People who are not pairs:

Myself + Anyone bc I'm town
itlepip + Maestro
itlepip + Suzune
chilledtea + Suzune
Maestro + chilledtea

Fire Starter can be partners with p much anyone let's lynch 'em
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:45 am

Post by Nahdia »

chilledtea if Maestro is scum, why did he derail the Suzune wagon?
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:48 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 212, Maestro wrote:Wait, this is good. If itlepip doesn't hammer, he's confScum with chilledtea.

This = me "licking my lips with opportunism"? :neutral:
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:52 am

Post by chilledtea »

The best lie is the one that is mixed with a hint of truth. Just because a person is known to say truth, doesn't mean he cannot lie.

Similarly, sometimes, scum will "defend" even actual townies or look like defending to get town credits at the end of the day. There were a couple of options for him left - he could have left her alone - in which case he could have casted suspicion on himself because of maybe lurking or whatever. The other option was to slyly go for her lynch - now this is all assuming that suzzune is town. If he knows that she is town he also knows that she messed up in her understanding her role. Defending someone might come naturally to a scum like that if he feels that jumping on her bandwagon might look opportunistic.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:57 am

Post by Nahdia »

Interesting. I didn't expect that angle from you. So you think that Maestro essentially whiteknighted Suzune. Possible; but considering just how convinced people were of the slip, I'm not sure a scum would feel the need to do that. Gaining some towncred is a much lower priority than pushing through a mislynch and with only 6 people in the game, Maestro's doubtcasting was pretty much guaranteed to kill the wagon.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:59 am

Post by Nahdia »

I can't pretend to know Maestro's mindset though. It's possible he really did just want those sweet sweet townpoints.

The other solution, the one I sort of expected you to go for, is that Suzune is his partner.

-Zaphkael, 2020
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:00 am

Post by itlepip »

Wait Nahdia do you actually support a fire lynch, what happened to 'pip is confscum'?
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:03 am

Post by Nahdia »

Spoiler: Suzune
In post 107, Suzune wrote:Anyone else notice that maestro just stopped talking. Perhaps I am expecting too much but he was super active demanding things of people and th minute everyone starts suggesting he could be scum, he disappears. Anyone else notice?

In post 112, Suzune wrote:It was just something I noticed. You were making me paranoid

In post 151, Suzune wrote:Sorry, I am at a work meeting this week. I thought I would have time between the two meeting but alas, it was not to be. There are a couple of things that I have noticed that I would like to comment on.

In post 148, Maestro wrote:This is what checking meta is for, specifically relatively-recent meta:

Stream-of-consciousness
Now, I know that I am in the minority but I am not a huge fan of using meta to figure out whether someone is playing their usual way. It is silly because anyone can both work their meta into both their town and scum games. It is not really very difficult. Also if people tell you what worked and what did not you can easily make an adjustment. So even if they are able to show this from their meta, it means nothing really. It is just a space filler to look busy.

In post 140, Maestro wrote:Posting words =/= being an active participant, IMO. You not understanding this concerns me. "You don't say a whole lot about much of anything when you do post" - that's what I'm getting at.
Neither do a lot of people in this game, but you seem to enjoy pointing out my faults and beat me down to everyone. Do not think I have not noticed.

In post 152, Suzune wrote:I think at this point I would like to vote this way:

VOTE: Maestro

There is a strong case to be made for this, but the tone change in posting style really pings me.
these posts don't appear as distancing to me. I'm doubtful Maestro and Suzune are partners.

@itlepip I'm bouncing ideas around. I thought you were scum, but then a bunch of other people said a bunch of other things. Who knows!

-Zaphkael, 2020
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:04 am

Post by chilledtea »

I ask you this, is it worth getting in the scumradar of the rest of the town on next day to get a mislynch? People play to their win condition and this will always revolve around their heads.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:05 am

Post by Nahdia »

Four people are required to push through a lynch. Maestro may have looked bad coming out of a Suzune townflip, but so would three others.

-Zaphkael, 2020
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:08 am

Post by itlepip »

If maestro is scum not with suzune, he just blames the miss on me or SS and gets a free win. I figured out why other people think suzune is town, still not as convinced.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:09 am

Post by chilledtea »

Even then, I think somewhere inside scum will feel that "this is too early, maybe I should just act" or something along those lines. I think if it was at the end of the deadline then that could have been different.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:10 am

Post by Nahdia »

UNVOTE:

itlepip, who else would you be willing to lynch today?

-Zaphkael, 2020
Fire Starter
Fire Starter
Goon
Fire Starter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Fire Starter »

Later. Looks fun finally.
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:20 am

Post by itlepip »

Chilledtea I think I have expressed is pretty obvious scum based on his recent play, I can make a case soon.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:34 am

Post by Suzune »

In post 226, Nahdia wrote:chilledtea if Maestro is scum, why did he derail the Suzune wagon?
why wouldnt you derail it if you were scum? Not saying he is but that would be a good tactic to protect your partner.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:37 am

Post by Nahdia »

Well yes, if he's your partner then it's obvious why he derailed it. But I don't think he's your partner and I also don't think you're scum at all.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 166, chilledtea wrote:I think we should still go for lovelygiant/Nadia. I think her entry with "thank god I am town" could be fake.
I feel like she said much more then that. If that is the only part of her opening post that you noticed then you missed some of her major points.

In post 169, chilledtea wrote:You think itlepip is someone who is going for the "low hanging fruit" or easy target? Considering that it would bite him back, I would say scum would be very careful in this mode. They have to play a flawless game.
I disagree with this. If I got lynched everyone would hand wave it. Literally everyone because it was my fault and my mistake. There is literally no pressure in lynching me because everyone is free to say that it was my fault. Therefore, there is little risk of a bite back.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 177, itlepip wrote:No because Maestro is the person that fricken killed my Suzune thing in the first place, which is why I am pretty sure that he is scum with suzune and just no one is seeing this but me. SS fricken saw it too and was arguing that he was the one that actually pulled the slip by playing along with it or whatever.
While he did kill it, he also tried to resurrect it later. It would be in the best interest of scum to have one on the train and one off the train. This gives them plausable deniability depending on what happens. One to rally against and for the other at all times. It is the perfect balance.

I must agree that I ChilledTea was the person who subbed in for the person I called scum after my issue this game. I said something like, that was the one good thing to come out of the problem.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 218, chilledtea wrote:By self-voting I made it one vote easier for scum to get a mislynch. Look at Maestro - he is basically licking his lips with opportunism in that post.
Self voting is always scummy. A townie would fight to the end in order to help the team win. Town is a team.

If Firestarter does not hammer I will.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:52 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 226, Nahdia wrote:chilledtea if Maestro is scum, why did he derail the Suzune wagon?
I theoryed this in an earlier post just a few minutes ago. but I think this is the right way to go with Maestro.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:25 pm

Post by chilledtea »

In post 244, Suzune wrote:
In post 218, chilledtea wrote:By self-voting I made it one vote easier for scum to get a mislynch. Look at Maestro - he is basically licking his lips with opportunism in that post.
Self voting is always scummy. A townie would fight to the end in order to help the team win. Town is a team.

If Firestarter does not hammer I will.

So where's the hammer?

Also, where does firestarter come in here?

Why does firestarter have to hammer instead of you?

Anyways, no. There are some moments where self-vote makes sense. I think that two of Maestro, Firestarter and you are scum. Nahdia and itlepip are prob town.

It is also likely that you and Maestro are a team.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:49 pm

Post by chilledtea »

In post 225, Nahdia wrote:People who are not pairs:

Myself + Anyone bc I'm town
itlepip + Maestro
itlepip + Suzune
chilledtea + Suzune
Maestro + chilledtea

Fire Starter can be partners with p much anyone let's lynch 'em

I wanted to refer to this. From your perspective it may make sense but remember that you defended Suzzune too. So it is actually possible that you and Suzzune are a team.
Lovelygiant also thought that Suzzune is town.

Anyways, I am not a big fan of "look who is defending and consider them scum" I mean, if we have town reads we will defend them, right?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:52 pm

Post by chilledtea »

I guess I should just wait for itlepip's case on me.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:04 pm

Post by chilledtea »

Okay, ignoring the "buddying" nonsense, I feel like itlepip is town. I went through his ISO once again.

I think that Maestro + Suzzune is the likely team. Suzzune giving up and apologising to the town is the only thing that is making me unsure of her. Which brings to a good question asked by Nahdia (why would Maestro defend suzzune).

Nahdia, apart from possible teams PoE, why do you want to lynch firestarter?

I would also like to hear from firestarter. And itlepip's case. That is very important.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”