Micro 598: Anime U-Pick Pack A (CRUNCHYROLL WINS!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RhazhBash
RhazhBash
Goon
RhazhBash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:36 am

Post by RhazhBash »

Let's assume I'm scum for a second.

I'm pushing on random like crazy trying to mislynch him, because he isn't making it too difficult. That night, I realize it's MyLo the next day. I decide that instead of making the easy mislynch on random, I'll just kill him and incriminate myself for how hard I was pushing him.

See the problem? If I were scum I wouldn't kill random and pull a crazy gambit. Scum are already in a really good position, so they just need to go for the easiest mislynch to win. Don't even try to bring up WIFOM between option A and option B, because if option A is a nearly guaranteed win I don't need to gambit for option B. It just doesn't make any sense for scum RhazhBash to kill random at night.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:37 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 375, RhazhBash wrote:Let's assume I'm scum for a second.

I'm pushing on random like crazy trying to mislynch him, because he isn't making it too difficult. That night, I realize it's MyLo the next day. I decide that instead of making the easy mislynch on random, I'll just kill him and incriminate myself for how hard I was pushing him.

See the problem? If I were scum I wouldn't kill random and pull a crazy gambit. Scum are already in a really good position, so they just need to go for the easiest mislynch to win. Don't even try to bring up WIFOM between option A and option B, because if option A is a nearly guaranteed win I don't need to gambit for option B. It just doesn't make any sense for scum RhazhBash to kill random at night.

We can assume it for any length of time because ... you are scum. But that being said ...

You set up a set of circumstances that aren't actually factual and then use them to try and wiggle out from the scrutiny that I've put you under.

The first line is inaccurate - he wasn't in any significant danger of lynch. The vote-counts support this as does your supposed Town read (and likely partner) Fire Assassin's stance today. The second line is also not accurate - scum put themselves in the best position to win. That isn't by easiest mislynch by any means. It's by making the next day as easy as possible for them. Who was your biggest detractor yesterday? I'd say it is pretty close race between Random and Kan. I indicated some suspicion but was not nearly as vocal as the other two. So from your standpoint taking out one of them would make today the smoothest.

Turn that logic right around on its head - why would I kill Random at Night? It certainly wouldn't serve my interests if he was as easy a mislynch as you say. And I was in his solid Town reads. In fact that's the only reason I see Fire alive if he isn't scum with you - you were solidly Town in his book and he is strongly Anti-Me. I as scum would have killed someone who was a harder target and made my day easier. But that's not how things worked out, did it? It worked out to make your day as easy as reasonably feasible. And I supposedly left the person who clearly had me as a top scum-pick alive to potentially dayvig me.

I see you have avoided responding to the other salient points I made - that your claim doesn't fit well with either the known set-up or in any 9 person set-up as a whole or that your attempt to claim I wasn't able to discern Town from scum roles was false.

Everyone else should note that also.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
RhazhBash
RhazhBash
Goon
RhazhBash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:13 am

Post by RhazhBash »

Hold up are you seriously scumreading Fire? There's no possible way Fire can be scum. He's a confirmed dayvig, and there's no way scum would have a role that puts Town in MyLo D2.

If scum would want to make the next day as easy as possible, then why would they jump forward and gambit like that, potentially costing them all their Towncred? Getting random out of the picture doesn't help me, because his case against me was proven wrong once both Andro and Soren flipped Town. Fire not dying is probably either from Mafia calling his bluff or from them not seeing the player as a threat.

My claim I'll agree with you on. When I saw this role PM I had to reread it like 3 times because it's way too strong for a 9 player setup and I didn't believe what I had.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 373, Kanbei wrote:Rhazh is confirmed scum, his partner is 99.99% scourge

VOTE: Rhazh

Vote with ne for a free win, never should have taken my vote off rhazh d1

No. And this looks like scum trying to take ahold of a opportunity.
I am agreeing more with Rhazh by the second.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
Kanbei
Kanbei
Townie
Kanbei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Kanbei »

In post 378, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 373, Kanbei wrote:Rhazh is confirmed scum, his partner is 99.99% scourge

VOTE: Rhazh

Vote with ne for a free win, never should have taken my vote off rhazh d1

No. And this looks like scum trying to take ahold of a opportunity.
I am agreeing more with Rhazh by the second.

son I already proved im town did you not see my role
I SHALL DEPLOY A MOUNTAIN OF TROOPS!
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

I didn't know you were innocent child.

Kanbei
Kanbei
Townie
Kanbei
Townie
Townie

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by Kanbei »

now you know
I SHALL DEPLOY A MOUNTAIN OF TROOPS!
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:32 am

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Official Vote Count

RhazhBash
(2): MagnaofIllusion, Kanbei
MagnaofIllusion
(1): Fire Assassin

Not Voting
(3): ZZZX, RhazhBash, A Real Scourge

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-05-01 20:00:00)

ZZZX hits the fourth prod. I'll be searching for a replacement now. ZZZX can still come back and play before I found the replacement
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
RhazhBash
RhazhBash
Goon
RhazhBash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:44 am

Post by RhazhBash »

Derp derp I forgot to vote.

VOTE: Magna
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:50 am

@Fire
– Why are you ducking answering the question of which of Rhaz or Scourge you claimed was scum lobbing shade at obvous Town Random? Is it because you don’t want to alienate Scourge in hopes of getting your game-sealing mislynch or possibly having to bus your partner Rhaz?

In post 377, RhazhBash wrote:Hold up are you seriously scumreading Fire? There's no possible way Fire can be scum. He's a confirmed dayvig, and there's no way scum would have a role that puts Town in MyLo D2.

And this is why I know you are scum but can’t be 100% positive Fire is your partner. You as Town should not have a full picture of the set-up and thus have doubts. For example – there are already several Town flipped roles that could prevent Day 2 MYLO with a Dayvig. Soren would not have died to the Dayvig attempt. Random could have prevented the Nightkill. So a scum Dayvig would be powerful but not 100% out of the question. Especially if you were actually Town with the Role you claimed – scum would have to be incredibly powerful to offset Full BP / Full Doctor / Whatever you want to call your Frankenstien fake-claim much less adding on a Town Dayvig on top of it.

But you don’t even blink an eye. Z did and it is one of the reasons I have him Town read before your start of Day stunt. So either you are scum who know Fire is Town and thus already have him slotted as such or Fire is your partner thus you have an invested reason to immediately give him an 100% pass.

In post 377, RhazhBash wrote:If scum would want to make the next day as easy as possible, then why would they jump forward and gambit like that, potentially costing them all their Towncred? Getting random out of the picture doesn't help me, because his case against me was proven wrong once both Andro and Soren flipped Town.
Fire not dying is probably either from Mafia calling his bluff or from them not seeing the player as a threat.

The first sentence is interesting – it assumes you as scum play perfectly. I don’t know why you pulled the supposed Gambit you did. Clearly we’ve already discussed that you couldn’t have a reasonable expectation of any reaction from me would be alignment indicative. So perhaps you were hoping no-one would counter-claim and you’d cruise with your fake-claimed Cop result? You tell me why you made a play that had no Pro-Town results if you were Town.

Are you really trying to float that Random was going to be less suspicious of you today with Soren’s flip. Clearly you pushed on him, the Town Doctor, for poorly explained reasons.

The bolded is very important for everyone to note – you’ve basically admitted that It makes no sense for me as scum to have left hypothetical Town Fire alive. Now I think Fire stands a very reasonable chance of being your partner and that explains his lack of targeting at Night. But even if I’m wrong you are reinforcing the best reason he wasn’t – you had buddied up hard to him and didn’t think there was any chance he’d shoot you today given his scum read on me.

In post 377, RhazhBash wrote:My claim I'll agree with you on. When I saw this role PM I had to reread it like 3 times because it's way too strong for a 9 player setup and I didn't believe what I had.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:52 am

In post 383, RhazhBash wrote:Derp derp I forgot to vote.

VOTE: Magna

Further evidence you don't actually believe I'm scum - you forgot to vote the player who you are absolutely sure is scum until well after you have been called out.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:54 am

EBWOP - missed copying my response to this.

In post 377, RhazhBash wrote:My claim I'll agree with you on. When I saw this role PM I had to reread it like 3 times because it's way too strong for a 9 player setup and I didn't believe what I had.

Glad you admit that your role makes no sense in this game and is a fake-claim. Strengthens my point on your 100% Town read on Fire being either made up or on a partner.

Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 384, MagnaofIllusion wrote:@Fire – Why are you ducking answering the question of which of Rhaz or Scourge you claimed was scum lobbing shade at obvous Town Random? Is it because you don’t want to alienate Scourge in hopes of getting your game-sealing mislynch or possibly having to bus your partner Rhaz?

See this is exactly how a scum would frame a question.

Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:35 pm

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Replacing ZZZX, welcome, Thor665!
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:41 am

Post by Thor665 »

Greetings!

I'm lazy at heart - someone give me a synopsis.
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:30 am

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

Official Vote Count

MagnaofIllusion
(2): Fire Assassin, RhazhBash
RhazhBash
(2): MagnaofIllusion, Kanbei

Not Voting
(2): Thor665, A Real Scourge

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-05-01 20:00:00)

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:04 am

In post 389, Thor665 wrote:Greetings!

I'm lazy at heart - someone give me a synopsis.

Day 1 we lynched Soren who didn’t even bother to claim hen at L-1 despite deadline coming in quickly. Fire Dayvigged one of the Towniest slots.

Really that’s the crux of what you missed. Not that 15 pages is outside your reread abilities.

Personally I want you to read through it yourself anyway.

In post 387, Fire Assassin wrote:
See this is exactly how a scum would frame a question.

See this is exactly how scum caught throwing BS around would respond when called on it.

I’m not kidding. You claimed that scum was throwing shade on obv-Town Random Day 1. I’ve shown the players who were throwing that shade and requested you identify which of them it is. Instead we get this dodge attempt.

So did you not really believe what you were saying re: Random?

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:57 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 391, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Personally I want you to read through it yourself anyway.

Maybe I will, you never know.

Why is Rhaz scummy?
RhazhBash
RhazhBash
Goon
RhazhBash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:22 am

Post by RhazhBash »

I fake claimed Cop as a reaction test on Magna. I'm actually a Watcher/Tracker who saw no visits on or by Magna last night. He claimed to be a Cop that checked me last night and got a null result.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

Well, that sucks.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:13 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Rhaz - what reaction from Magna towards your Cop fakeclaim would have read as town for you?

@Magna - any clarification about that roleblock question yet?
RhazhBash
RhazhBash
Goon
RhazhBash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:20 am

Post by RhazhBash »

I was actually leaning Town on Magna when I first read the reply. I started writing a response to why I thought he was Town, then I realized he claimed to have visited me. I honestly was just trying to wing it since we're in MyLo. Apparently it worked though.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:49 am

MOD I will be V/LA from 5pm EDT today until Monday for my normal family weekend duties.

In post 392, Thor665 wrote:

Why is Rhaz scummy?

Read his Day 1. He's very light on scum-hunting - the strongest push you could characterize would be Random and even then he doesn't really push it. Meanwhile he's content to call Soren (and later Fire) Town very quickly but in Soren's case doesn't bother to do much to try and dissuade the lynch on him. It's like "Yeah, he's Town. Meh, I kinda think Random's scum and I'll vote that way but don't expect me to really put in the effort to stand behind either stance". And his immediate "Fire is Confirmed Town" stance Day 1given his now claimed Role doesn't mesh at all, especially given the flips we have seen.

Pretty much when Soren flipped Town I PMed the Mod with my investigation on him.

You can read through our exchange today but those points to me are just confirmation.

In post 395, Thor665 wrote:@Magna - any clarification about that roleblock question yet?

I got it before I posted today. All I could get confirmed is that No Result meant my investigation did not go through. No positive or negative confirmation whether, for example, an Ascetic being investigation immune would still mean I targeted Rhaz for purposes of getting a second Cop shot.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:13 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 396, RhazhBash wrote:I was actually leaning Town on Magna when I first read the reply. I started writing a response to why I thought he was Town, then I realized he claimed to have visited me. I honestly was just trying to wing it since we're in MyLo. Apparently it worked though.

:neutral:

What makes his response to you scummy in any way at all?

In post 397, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I got it before I posted today. All I could get confirmed is that No Result meant my investigation did not go through. No positive or negative confirmation whether, for example, an Ascetic being investigation immune would still mean I targeted Rhaz for purposes of getting a second Cop shot.

So, functionally, you could both be telling the truth but only if a RBer had a ninja modifier.

Would you support us questing for a RBer claim? With both of you claiming powerful investigative roles, I would tend to presume that anyone who prevented your shot, if town, would aid town by claiming as such, and thus allowing us to snag assured scum, and, vice versa, yeah?
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:40 am

In post 398, Thor665 wrote:So, functionally, you could both be telling the truth but only if a RBer had a ninja modifier.

Would you support us questing for a RBer claim? With both of you claiming powerful investigative roles, I would tend to presume that anyone who prevented your shot, if town, would aid town by claiming as such, and thus allowing us to snag assured scum, and, vice versa, yeah?

Well we were already in the process of mass-claiming when you replaced in so yes of course I approve.

Claims so far -

Rhaz - Combined Watcher / Tracker or Role Name Cop. No Limits mentioned.
Me - TvTropes Cop - 1 shot with possibility of additional shots (but for practical purpose basically only 1 more I think)
Fire
Bringer
Assassin - 1 Shot Dayvig
Kanb - Poison Antidote (Fruit Vendor)

We already have flips on Full Bulletproff with possible Game-Ending clause, 2 Shot Role-blocker in Twilight and Full Doctor.

That just leaves your claim and for Scourge to officially claim his role in full.

Reviewing the claims reminds me -

In post 374, Kanbei wrote:Im soma yukihira the poison master, I grant a poison antidote to 1 person a night(basically fruit vendor)

Kanbei why did you not claim who you vended to last Night?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”