Virtue
Goon
Virtue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by Virtue »

In post 1474, Killthestory wrote:
In post 1460, Virtue wrote:My reads are largely the same as they were in my catchup. I have far too many I am suspicious of still but I am leaning in favor of Nosferatu/Lowell/KTS having a few scum in there. I haven't reached Ranger's sub in during my catch up. I have jmo and Imperium as town. Jmo is Snarky.

this post is absolute ass

oh my god this is so bad stop sotp sto ps stop ranger is obvtown lowell was obvscum and imperium is probably scum hard defending her buddy forcing a mislynch on ranger

If Imperium is trying to force a mislynch on Ranger, then why are they voting Snarky? I'm voting Lowell so I am not disagreeing with you there. I also haven't reached anything significant that the Ranger slot has done yet. If Ranger's obvtown, trust me to get there if you're town.

So why exactly do you think my reads are crap again?
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Because they are
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by SnarkySnowman »

I still don't see how ranger is scum. Can we not go there
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by OceanWind »

Fair enough.

UNVOTE: Ranger
VOTE: SnarkySnowman
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by Killthestory »

no s t o p snarky isnt scum either stop

why are you all so bad this is clear to me now
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:19 pm

Post by OceanWind »

Who should we be voting instead?
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by Killthestory »

lowell
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by Lowell »

Jesus what a shitshow. Ignore kts until he gets his shit together. He's having too much fun in "oh yay I'm obvtown" mode to pay attention to what he's saying.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by Killthestory »

what happened to sheeping me
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by Lowell »

You got lazy.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Killthestory »

when
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1472, Virtue wrote:
In post 1461, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 1456, Virtue wrote:Yeah, I just skimmed through Lowell's ISO. I'm content voting here until I am fully caught up. My biggest concern is that KTS and Nosferatu are both acting very weird about this, but I cannot get ahead of myself.

VOTE: Lowell

what is up with the level of lack of comprehension here? I mention lowell rarely, and the only post of me talking about him is me saying he's not tonally the same as my last scum-game with him, and that I was feeling suspicious about him giving town reads so frequently, but lowell does tend to do that sometimes.

It really feels like you're reaching to tie me in with lowell here. Like scum preparing to bus and then bring a few townies down with fake associations.

You can play semantic games all you want to with my definition of weird but your "hedging" or my view of it as a soft defense (yeah he's scummy but look at this over here), the relationship is weird. If you think Lowell's scum, you should vote him. Rather, it looks like you're just coming up with reasons to agree with everyone here. Where's the hunting? The critical analysis I'm used to you from you?

I don't understand. How is my relationship with lowell weird?
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:55 pm

Post by Ranger »

Hi all, sorry I need to do this, but: I'm going to a special even early tomorrow.

I spent today running errands preparing for that event tomorrow. I didn't declare V/LA because I did not anticipate it taking all day.

...It did.

So, my apologies, but I need to do a one-time prod-dodge for today only. I'll be back tomorrow night.

If I remember this game's deadline timer correctly, that should be plenty of time to work.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 10:47 am

Post by Ranger »

What the hell, I posted in here yesterday and I'm the last poster.

I mean, I know I
said
to give me some space, but this isn't
exactly
what I meant...
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 11:06 am

Post by Ranger »

Imperium wrote:All you had to say was "I'm not an alt, people think I am but I'm not. I've read some of his games and I think I understand what type of player type he is." Simple as that.
That probably would have been a good idea, yes. The thought did not cross my mind.
It reads to me as you going overboard trying to cover up your slip and you trying to make me look scummy in the process.
I've cooled my head down a little bit if it helps. (The event was a lot of fun, helped me unwind a lot and let loose a little steam.) When you're talking like this, I don't scumread what you're saying.

I think it's more productive if you try to actually discuss our scum motivations in what we did yesterday.
I've pointed the main ones out. I'd have to re-scan the thread (because it's not something easily spotted in iso) to find anything else. This is also something I'm not sure I want to do anymore because I'm no longer sure of my scumread on you. Especially when you actually reached out to players, there's a lot which looks town.

Yesterday, I'd say the majority of our iso is about CoM as they were who we were trying to get lynched.
Point half-retracted. When I talk about a player and their content regarding a player, I usually filter out the other player if that player has flipped town. In other words, with your initial CoM push, you didn't stand out at all as a CoM pusher even if your content revolved around CoM at that point. It wasn't until SnarkySnowman's wagon began that I noticed your CoM push, which is why I said your content primarily ties to that slot.

You have to agree with me that SnarkySnowman is at least the secondary focus of your iso though.

The question really doesn't answer for itself.
"Why would scum be noncommittal about lynching scum" doesn't answer itself? That's literally what you're asking.

I mean if you're going to call us scum for this you have to be able to answer why you think we'd do this.
I can't, and even if I could, I'm reconsidering the read so I wouldn't.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Virtue
Virtue
Goon
Virtue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 11:08 am

Post by Virtue »

In post 1486, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 1456, Virtue wrote:Yeah, I just skimmed through Lowell's ISO. I'm content voting here until I am fully caught up. My biggest concern is that KTS and Nosferatu are both acting very weird about this, but I cannot get ahead of myself.

what is up with the level of lack of comprehension here? I mention lowell rarely, and the only post of me talking about him is me saying he's not tonally the same as my last scum-game with him, and that I was feeling suspicious about him giving town reads so frequently, but lowell does tend to do that sometimes.

It really feels like you're reaching to tie me in with lowell here. Like scum preparing to bus and then bring a few townies down with fake associations.

You can play semantic games all you want to with my definition of weird but your "hedging" or my view of it as a soft defense (yeah he's scummy but look at this over here), the relationship is weird. If you think Lowell's scum, you should vote him. Rather, it looks like you're just coming up with reasons to agree with everyone here. Where's the hunting? The critical analysis I'm used to you from you?

Your "hedging" which I still maintain is a weak defense is wierd. If you think he's scum, you should vote him without caring about how you'll be perceived. It's a wierd relationship to have someone as a scumread to but to always essentially say he's scum yahhh butttt he kinda looks townie over here.
Virtue
Virtue
Goon
Virtue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 11:09 am

Post by Virtue »

Ranger, what do you think about my reads? What should I focus on in my catch up? Why have you made no effort to talk to me since I got here?
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 11:29 am

Post by Ranger »

Imperium wrote:UM I'm not exactly sure why you think linking games neither of us have been in is proof that we're scum because I think you writing numbers at the bottom with miminal minutes in between looks fake.
I can't exactly link to ongoing games (even ones I've flipped in), now, can I?
(I, uh...can't do that, right? I'm pretty sure I can't, anyway. If I can, then I would.)

The point wasn't "Imperium has seen these games, and should know better".

It was, "Imperium has seen this behavior before, and should know better." The games being unrelated is an unfortunate side-effect of site rules.

Also Ranger if you really are reading Snarky as scum and you want it to be believed, you could actually say I don't know point out the stuff in the posts he's making in this game.
Well I'm probably not the best one for that. Others have done it already and did so quite well, namely, RadiantCowbells. I thought jmo's behavior was suspicious. I think SnarkySnowman's behavior this game matches his scum game. His activity is about the same both as town and as scum, but what content he provides differs slightly. The readslists such as , done as a poor Ranger imitation, are something I associate more with his scum game; if he were town, I would actually expect something less concrete. There's also how much content he is giving. Ironically, too much: walls like are also more common in his scum game than his town game. There is also who he is pushing, but RadiantCowbells covered that fairly clearly.

It would be much easier to talk about this given an extra week or so.

I've never WOTC'd before, but I will probably be WOTCing her in any games she signs up for if I'm already in them if this is actually how she plays. I've never witnessed a more atrocious town play and I've seen some pretty bad ones.
I know this is probably not alignment indicative.

But I absolutely
hate
it when someone says this.

You say that the majority of our iso is about snarky, so apparently we didn't back off.
The majority of your iso can revolve around a player even if you back off from that player. When said player is the counterwagon to another wagon, and you start heavily pushing the other wagon, your iso is still revolving around that player. But as noted already, I semi-retracted the point.

Do you think this is out of the realm for what Nacho and I would do as town?
No, which is a good reason for this back-and-forth to end soon.

I should also mention: the only thing keeping me from hard-scumreading Virtue is that I'm pretty sure I know who Virtue is and if they're scum I'm pretty sure I almost always read them as scum regardless of their alignment.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 11:31 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 1490, Virtue wrote:

Your "hedging" which I still maintain is a weak defense is wierd. If you think he's scum, you should vote him without caring about how you'll be perceived. It's a wierd relationship to have someone as a scumread to but to always essentially say he's scum yahhh butttt he kinda looks townie over here.

I didn't say I was scum reading him. I said I would be paying attention to him.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 11:42 am

Post by Ranger »

Ollie wrote:You didn't notice it or you didn't care for it?
What makes these mutually exclusive? I'm townreading you hard. I'm scumreading Lowell. I didn't really notice your Lowell read, but since you've brought it to my attention, it hasn't done anything because nothing changes. I still townread you hard; I still scumread Lowell.

That seems legit but if you were really reading the game properly while you were making these lists then how did you miss this...
I wasn't up to that point in the game yet. That simple. Xisiqomelir was listed on the playerlist. He was listed as alive. I knew which slot he was in, because that was also listed on the playerlist. I did not know he was dead, because that was not listed. I brought up his death once I reached that point in the game.

RadiantCowbells wrote:I think Virtue is scum with SS based on his catchup. That leaves 1 more?
Stop stealing my scumreads before I can make them!

It's Lowell for the third, by the way.

Tammy wrote:You're not bothered by anything?
^Another reason SnarkySnowman is a scumread of mine. This is
not
the stance he takes on me when he is town. When he is town, he is always cautious of me. Always. 100%. After I snowed him in Machina, he has always been cautious of me.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Virtue
Virtue
Goon
Virtue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 11:47 am

Post by Virtue »

In post 1493, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 1490, Virtue wrote:

I didn't say I was scum reading him. I said I would be paying attention to him.

In post 1452, Imperium wrote:What is your read on Lowell then?

In post 1453, Nosferatu wrote:null-scum.

In other places you call him a scumlean. Don't sell me that's not a "scumread" or that you said you'd be paying more attention.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 11:48 am

Post by Ranger »

{Ollie, Killthestory, OceanWind, RadiantCowbells, MagnaofIllusion, Nosferatu}
{acryon}
{Virtue}
{Lowell}
{SnarkySnowman}
^Where I'm at right now.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Virtue
Virtue
Goon
Virtue
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 11:49 am

Post by Virtue »

In post 1496, Ranger wrote:{Ollie, Killthestory, OceanWind, RadiantCowbells, MagnaofIllusion, Nosferatu}
{acryon}
{Virtue}
{Lowell}
{SnarkySnowman}
^Where I'm at right now.

And Imperium, who you've spent the last few pages bickering with is where?
Ollie
Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Ollie »

convenient that Snarky is your top scum read Ranger.
Ollie
Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 11:59 am

Post by Ollie »

[quote="In post 1456, Virtue"]Yeah, I just skimmed through Lowell's ISO. I'm content voting here until I am fully caught up. My biggest concern is that KTS and Nosferatu are both acting very weird about this, but I cannot get ahead of myself.

Why do you think Lowell is scum?

Return to “Completed Open Games”