Mafia 23: Siege of San Quida - Game over!

Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:13 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

A bit too much of a coincidence, indeed. I'll happily let my vote remain on Carmine.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:28 am

Post by Dasquian »

Page 4 vote count...

PopsicleStix - 1 (Carmine)
Yoko Kurama - 1 (dragonmaster)
Carmine - 9 (Yoko Kurama, Yanqush, JDTAY, Uraj45, Dragon Phoenix, Green Crayons, Cubsfan4life, mlaker, PopsicleStix)
Morpheus - 2 (FrogGurl, gashlycrumb)
discer - 1 (NanookTheWolf)
Not voting - 4 (Morpheus, Tigris, discer, KingEnigma)

10 to lynch.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Carmine
Carmine
Goon
Carmine
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:36 am

Post by Carmine »

Too much of a coincidence? I don't particularly see why: it's an unlucky (well, more than unlucky) stroke for the town when an insane cop comes forward on day 1 and fingers the doctor, but I doubt it's unheard of. :P
I don't want to be a hair, I want to be a DRAGON!
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:04 am

Post by Tigris »

vote: carmine
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:05 am

Post by Dasquian »

And with that, we have a lynch majority!

PopsicleStix - 1 (Carmine)
Yoko Kurama - 1 (dragonmaster)
Carmine - 10 (Yoko Kurama, Yanqush, JDTAY, Uraj45, Dragon Phoenix, Green Crayons, Cubsfan4life, mlaker, PopsicleStix, Tigris)

Morpheus - 2 (FrogGurl, gashlycrumb)
discer - 1 (NanookTheWolf)
Not voting - 3 (Morpheus, discer, KingEnigma)

The crowd gather around Carmine looking menacing, and holding a prepared noose in a menacing way.

"Mamma mi-a!" exclaims Carmine, "You're a-makin' a beeg-a mistake-a, killing the doctor! You show-a me no respect-a!"

Unconvinced, the town string her up until she goes a curious shade of purple and stops kicking. And, a good thing too, for she was a no-good, dirty, lying, swindling
Mafia Goon
, determined to eliminate the innocent folk of San Quida, leaving no one alive. Phew!

It is
NIGHT
! The deadline for choices will be 72 hours from now, Thursday 8pm BST (GMT+1). Any choices not received by then will be counted as doing nothing. Get those choices in!
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:51 am

Post by Dasquian »

A brand new day dawns over the town of San Quida, and the fifteen living residents make their way to the town hall to continue with the merry business of who to string up. Did I say only fifteen? Why, yes I did, because another two hapless victims met an unpleasant end overnight.

The first body the town find is that of Morpheus. He had been dumped in the local duck pond with a pair of cement shoes round his ankles. Now, the pond is only a foot deep so he was never in much risk of drowning, but, unable to move, he got hypothermia and died a chilly, shivering death at around three in the morning. Morpheus was the
Beneficiary
- although he didn't do anything at night, he would've spent the $100,000 he inherited from a rich relative on anything nice that popped up for auction. His money (which he kept in a shoe box under his bed) is put into the San Quida Main Street Redevelopment Fund, and never seen again.

The night's other victim was FrogGurl. Found slumped over her piano, garotted by a piece of piano wire, someone leaps to the ridiculous and immediately-accepted conclusion that the murderer gained entrance to the house by posing as a piano tuner before doing the dirty deed. Alas, for though FrogGurl was merely a
Townie
, she was innocent nonetheless.

It is
DAY
again! There are fifteen of you left alive, so eight votes are required for a lynch. Start talking! :)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:41 am

Post by Cubsfan4life »

First things first, what was your investigation result Yoko?
I really need to find a good quote

89-73... an improvement if you look at it that way.
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:41 am

Post by Cubsfan4life »

Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:41 am

Post by Cubsfan4life »

Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:41 am

Post by Cubsfan4life »

Man, I have a problem with multiple posts :(

gashlycrumb
gashlycrumb
Townie
gashlycrumb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:43 am

Post by gashlycrumb »

I liked it better when mafia died at night, but I guess it's better that we lost a townie who doesn't post and not someone more critical.
I don't think I really understand Morpheus' role. Was his money in some way a power that would've helped the town? Or is there some auction house that would benefit? Weird.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:16 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

It's obvious that when his rich relative (who may have been part of a mason group with him, but that's just speculation) was killed/lynched/murdered/etc., he would have received a crapload of money, and from there possibly "bought" a role (ie - buying a How To book for investigating, or perhaps a medical kit to save peoples lives).

Just speculation, though.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:22 pm

Post by KingEnigma »

Wow, that kind of throws this game for a loop, I'm also awaiting the results from Yoko.

Will also agree that mafia dying at night did make us look pretty darn good and we didnt even have to do anything!
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:53 pm

Post by Tigris »

I've never been entirely good at playing sheep following a cop, so
vote: popsicle
, from his actions yesterday.

The auction seems to be an interesting game mechanic, hopefully we see more of it later on, if for no other reason then to see how it works.

Looking at the posts of the two who died, there doesn't seem to be anything at all. The only vote was for the other (fg for morph), so nothing to go off from that. I can only suppose that the mafia were trying to kill anyone that was lying low, no one even commented on them very much *sigh* I hate having very little to work with.

Hmm, looking over the deaths, none of them match each other. Specifically, I can't understand how something large enough to eat a mafia member would also craft cement shoes or pose as a piano tuner. For now at least, I'm going to assume the worst and think there are three killing groups, either that or an over-active vigi, which I doubt.
gashlycrumb
gashlycrumb
Townie
gashlycrumb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:02 pm

Post by gashlycrumb »

"Cement shoes" sounds like a mafia kill. It's one of those cliche threats mafia make in the movies. Any ideas about the rest of them?
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:14 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

I agree on the mafia kill. The other kill last night could match the eating of the first night, if the kills come from a group the members of which have distinctive methods of killing (like in may of my games). Or it could be a loner who is deranged and kills in different ways (maybe even chooses his own way of killing?). A vigilante striking night 1 or killing someone not suspected like froggurl would be verrrrrrrrry bad play.
Or indeed, heaven forbid, we could have three killing groups, but then a doc and/or role blocker must have gotten lucky two nights in a row.

Yoko?
Yanqush
Yanqush
Goon
Yanqush
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:23 pm

Post by Yanqush »

And that piano wire killing is so serial killer... haha, but of course, its just speculation. (and I wonder how many killing groups there is.... my guess, too many)

And I want to ask.... there
is
an auction?? anyone know more about this?
Its spelt with a Q, a Q I tell ya!
[size=92][i]Everything, but not anything, in moderation...[/i][/size]
[size=67]Well..... except maybe mafia.....[/size]
dragonmaster
dragonmaster
Townie
dragonmaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:45 pm

Post by dragonmaster »

no lcue. this is the first i've heard of it.
There are many things to remember in this life, unfortunately, I remember none of them.
dragonmaster
dragonmaster
Townie
dragonmaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:45 pm

Post by dragonmaster »

*clue
There are many things to remember in this life, unfortunately, I remember none of them.
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:59 pm

Post by Cubsfan4life »

I'm pretty sure that there's only one mafia family since for Ben and Carmine it said "MAFIA GOON" Not like "Family A Goon" so I'm pretty sure we have killers that kill a different way every night

Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:06 pm

Post by Tigris »

DP and gashly: True, the thing that makes me doubt the eater took part last night is that it killed mafia on the first night. Usually the kill change occurs when one of the mafia dies and the task falls to another of the mafia, to my reading at least. Combine this with the generic term mafia and I would be inclined to think sk, but I feel it is difficult to equate eating someone with posing as a piano tuner. So either two groups (each with varying kills and one of them 'not mafia', pirates perchance, every game should have a pirate ^_^) or one group and two sks imo. I suppose that it is possible that it is only one sk, but to my eye the methods are too dissimilar.

I've seen luckier things then a blocked kill on the first two nights and worse play then a vig kill on night two for no reason (I've been killed on the first night by a vig before, so I never discount vig possibilities, no matter how . . . unhelpful it would have been for them to do so).
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:17 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Sorry I chose wrong, no scum. But I will
Vote-Pops
for his actions yesterday. I will think more on this before letting him get lynched because the fact that Carmine turned around and voted him doesn't really make since unless she did it as to throw off the fact they were working together. Anyone else have any thoughts about that??
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:08 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Well look,Tigris, what makes you think the one who did the killing was the eater? I think it's far more likely that the killer unleashed an aligator or something in the room. It seems to me that we've got a particularly sadistic sk who likes to use unusual killing methods.
Personally popsiclestix isn't looking too scummy to me. Misinformed playing seems more like it to me, considering what I've seen of him.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:41 pm

Post by discer »

I'm thinking the "Beneficiary" is something like an inventory only they buy something to give to someone.

FOS: Tigris
Her posting style is suddenly different than any game I've played with her or seen her play. Casting the last vote without some sort of "hesitation post" and opening today with an FOS.
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:43 pm

Post by discer »

:oops: inventory should read inventor :oops:
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”