TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 12:42 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 686, BlackStar wrote:People keep saying that self voting is bad, but I don't think any one has said why it's bad yet
I did.
In post 575, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 574, BlackStar wrote: I don't know what you're trying to say
I'm saying that while it is (almost) never a good idea to selfvote as Town, it can occasionally be useful to do it as Scum in specific circumstances. Doing so would not be a conventional play, but I can see it being something I'd do.

i.e. if I was clearly about to get lynched as scum and one or more of my scummates hadn't voted yet, I might selfhammer to stop them from trying to save me or bussing and hammering awkwardly, and also to stop any Town player from hammering and looking Town for it.

If that doesn't make sense to you then don't worry, and just follow the rule of never selfvoting. Like every rule, there are exceptions (I personally am fond of doing it as both alignments to break RVS), but they're rare enough you can just pretend they don't exist and be fine.
tl;dr Selfvoting ends the phase earlier, deprives us of VCA and general time for people to post and make content. If you are Town, you don't do it for those reasons. If you're Scum, you don't care if you're doing something AntiTown, for obvious reasons.

While I'm reasonably sure yours was out of genuine emotion, it's a null tell at best and a scum tell at worst, so it naturally moves you further toward a scum lean.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 12:46 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 691, BlackStar wrote:
In post 673, Dunnstral wrote:I voted chilledtea because this is what I'm kind of feeling right now until I get convinced otherwise and I assumed other people would hop on the wagon as they've also kind of threw chilled in the scum pile, but I noticed
almost slight resistance to putting chilledtea on the wagon,
not from anyone in particular just in general
Interesting. I haven't really noticed that, but I guess you have a point seeing as how nobody is voting him even though most of us say we think he's suspicious

VOTE: chilledtea
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not voting him for several reasons:

1) He's not caught up. I can't read how he behaves under pressure when he's not reading the thread.
2) He's made 4, now 5 posts. There's not really a whole lot you can do in 5 posts to jump to the top of my scumlist.
3) He eventually has to start posting. He's either going to get replaced, prod-dodge and lurk, or start posting. If he lurks, we vigilante/gunsling/lynch whatever him after he does it. In either of the other two cases, we can get a much better read on his slot then, which is when I'll decide if he's worth a vote.

What do you think voting chilledtea accomplishes right now?
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 12:47 am

Post by Accountant »

@Chumba:

I can't work with you if you're going to adopt such an obstinate, close minded, arrogant attitude.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 12:49 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 700, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 686, BlackStar wrote:People keep saying that self voting is bad, but I don't think any one has said why it's bad yet
I did.
I'm saying that while it is (almost) never a good idea to selfvote as Town, it can occasionally be useful to do it as Scum in specific circumstances. Doing so would not be a conventional play, but I can see it being something I'd do.

i.e. if I was clearly about to get lynched as scum and one or more of my scummates hadn't voted yet, I might selfhammer to stop them from trying to save me or bussing and hammering awkwardly, and also to stop any Town player from hammering and looking Town for it.

If that doesn't make sense to you then don't worry, and just follow the rule of never selfvoting. Like every rule, there are exceptions (I personally am fond of doing it as both alignments to break RVS), but they're rare enough you can just pretend they don't exist and be fine.
tl;dr Selfvoting ends the phase earlier,
deprives us of VCA and general time for people to post and make content
. If you are Town, you don't do it for those reasons. If you're Scum, you don't care if you're doing something AntiTown, for obvious reasons.

While I'm reasonably sure yours was out of genuine emotion, it's a null tell at best and a scum tell at worst, so it naturally moves you further toward a scum lean.
Before I did it, the game was just you, me chum a and accountant repeating the same things over and over again. Everybody else wasn't posting and it looked like you were all ready to end the day anyway. But after I did it, people who weren't active became active because we started wondering where they were. So it created more discussion and extended the day
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 12:50 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 701, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 691, BlackStar wrote:
In post 673, Dunnstral wrote:I voted chilledtea because this is what I'm kind of feeling right now until I get convinced otherwise and I assumed other people would hop on the wagon as they've also kind of threw chilled in the scum pile, but I noticed
almost slight resistance to putting chilledtea on the wagon,
not from anyone in particular just in general
Interesting. I haven't really noticed that, but I guess you have a point seeing as how nobody is voting him even though most of us say we think he's suspicious

VOTE: chilledtea
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not voting him for several reasons:

1) He's not caught up. I can't read how he behaves under pressure when he's not reading the thread.
2) He's made 4, now 5 posts. There's not really a whole lot you can do in 5 posts to jump to the top of my scumlist.
3) He eventually has to start posting. He's either going to get replaced, prod-dodge and lurk, or start posting. If he lurks, we vigilante/gunsling/lynch whatever him after he does it. In either of the other two cases, we can get a much better read on his slot then, which is when I'll decide if he's worth a vote.

What do you think voting chilledtea accomplishes right now?
I half expect him to pop up any minute now and say that he's about to start catching up. Votes pressure people to play
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 12:55 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 703, BlackStar wrote:
I did.

. If you are Town, you don't do it for those reasons. If you're Scum, you don't care if you're doing something AntiTown, for obvious reasons.

Before I did it, the game was just you, me chum a and accountant repeating the same things over and over again. Everybody else wasn't posting and it looked like you were all ready to end the day anyway. But after I did it, people who weren't active became active because we started wondering where they were. So it created more discussion and extended the day
First off, you doing it didn't create any of those things. Everyone else showed up and started posting simply because they did, it's not as if the content of the thread made them show up.
Secondly, you put yourself at L-1, which is a cardinal sin. If some opportunistic Scum or hammer-happy DerpTown showed up, none of the good things that have happened since would've taken place, because you'd just be dead and the phase would be over.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 12:57 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 704, BlackStar wrote:
In post 701, TehBrawlGuy wrote: What do you think voting chilledtea accomplishes right now?
I half expect him to pop up any minute now and say that he's about to start catching up. Votes pressure people to play
You mean like:
In post 674, chilledtea wrote:Guys, my internet had some issues. I haven't read anything from page 12 so I will need time to catch up again.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 12:57 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 701, TehBrawlGuy wrote: What do you think voting chilledtea accomplishes right now?
You mean like:
In post 674, chilledtea wrote:Guys, my internet had some issues. I haven't read anything from page 12 so I will need time to catch up again.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 1:00 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 705, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 703, BlackStar wrote:
I did.

First off, you doing it didn't create any of those things. Everyone else showed up and started posting simply because they did, it's not as if the content of the thread made them show up.
Secondly, you put yourself at L-1, which is a cardinal sin. If some opportunistic Scum or hammer-happy DerpTown showed up, none of the good things that have happened since would've taken place, because you'd just be dead and the phase would be over.
You'd still be able to talk about the people who were on my wagon, because some of them would've been scum. We would've narrowed down the lynchpool
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 1:01 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 707, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
You mean like:
Exactly. Dunnstral voted him and he showed up
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 1:06 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 708, BlackStar wrote: You'd still be able to talk about the people who were on my wagon, because some of them would've been scum. We would've narrowed down the lynchpool
Ooooor we can not have you quicklynched and talk about the entire game, because everyone has had time to weigh in on you. It's not as if you getting axed right then and there would've torpedoed the game, but it's definitely inferior to just having more information on more players and would've helped the Scum more than anyone else.

Also, given how many people just hadn't shown up, and how TvT a lot of the early game appeared to be to a lot of players, it's distinctly possible that there weren't actually any Scum on your wagon.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 1:07 am

Post by BlackStar »

Eh... good point
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 1:27 am

Post by Accountant »

BlackStar reads list now please.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 1:42 am

Post by BlackStar »

chumba,
Brawl, Derek12, accountant
Null zefiend, Dunnstral, transcend
Scum lean murdercat, chilledtea

Everyone else hasn't really said anything so I can't read them. Your turn
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 1:43 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 647, ɀefiend wrote:I only finished the FIRST page of my catch-up and I already have to address points that are either misrepping me or casting shade on my thought process.

@MURDERCAT

In post 165, MURDERCAT wrote:Well I commented on Black star. Generally I think those that have jumped on weakly are more likely to be scum such as zefiend and chumba. TBG's posts I could see coming from scum or town. Same for you, maybe a slight town lean.
I placed the initial vote on you (which was RVS by the way) so the claim that I "jumped on weakly" is flat out false. I held my vote on you while pressuring you because that is how games get started: with a wagon to see how the wagonee handles pressure. At the current moment in this time-travel, you are still handling pressure very poorly. I am not the only one that has pressured you and noticed that you were beginning to flail by dodging questions and using circular logic.
In post 174, MURDERCAT wrote:If he was reading closely it should have been clear what I was saying.
Here is the post in question:
In post 154, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 148, MURDERCAT wrote:I'm not going to pretend my case is stronger than it is. My initial reasoning was very weak. Sure. It was based on a page of RVS. I disagree with this if you replace poor with weak:
In post 139, ɀefiend wrote:Breaking RVS does not serve as justification for voting with poor reasoning.

Then
I found the way he left the discussion after casting a vote suspicious
It is very clear what you said. Your suspicion is based on an entirely false assertion: that he "left the discussion." That is the definition of misrepresentation.
I'm getting tired of arguing about this. He placed a vote and then posted fluff while accountant followed up. He rejoined the discussion after I called him out on it. I had other posts that explained this, which you must have missed. I won't be commenting on this anymore as I've made myself extremely clear multiple times.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 1:45 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 277, TehBrawlGuy wrote:I don't see how the number of posts in the thread has anything to do with it. His amount of content compared to the others was poor when the thread had 4 pages. If you pretend that we've had no more than 4 pages, and look purely at pages 2, 3, and 4, (i.e. all of chumba's posts) and look at how much real content he has compared to dunn/accountant/mcat, he just doesn't stack up.

It's not that he hasn't given enough content. It's that he was
here and posting
and yet didn't create much of any.
A lot of people hadn't even posted though so comparing signal to noise ratio at that point is a bit silly.
Being here and posting doesn't mean that much, especially during rvs.

I am catching up now and I will be replying to any concerns (which I am seeing there are some) as I read them. If I am unable to catchup to everything then I will continue them at a later date.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 1:50 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 278, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Also, again, my main point is that he voted mcat with the only stated reasoning being "wagons are fun", proceeded to make null points, and only actually indicated any real suspicion of mcat 2 pages later when the wagon was clearly going.
I just considered that as rvs, if I remember correctly. A lot of people theorize that wagons help a lot during rvs.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 1:58 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 713, BlackStar wrote:chumba,

Why am I town lean? You've spent the last few pages emphasizing how scummy I was.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 1:59 am

Post by Accountant »

Chilledtea I want a thorough reads list with thoughts on each player now please. You've been contributing next to nothing and I want to hear from you.

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 2:01 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 717, Accountant wrote:

Why am I town lean? You've spent the last few pages emphasizing how scummy I was.
Yeah wtf.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 2:02 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

I'll do a full reads list tonight when I have some time. Hard though with only some people posting.
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 2:03 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 717, Accountant wrote:

In post 636, BlackStar wrote:By the way, I ISOed accountant and I don't think that he's scum anymore. I think my biggest problem with him was that he was death tunneling me but his posts from before that were pretty decent. And rereading everything made me see where he was coming from with his scumread on me
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 2:04 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 718, Accountant wrote:Chilledtea I want a thorough reads list with thoughts on each player now please. You've been contributing next to nothing and I want to hear from you.
To add onto this: I would like to see one now, from where you are time traveling, and then another one once you're fully up to date.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 2:12 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 722, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
In post 718, Accountant wrote:Chilledtea I want a thorough reads list with thoughts on each player now please. You've been contributing next to nothing and I want to hear from you.
To add onto this: I would like to see one now, from where you are time traveling, and then another one once you're fully up to date.
You want a reads list from where I am now?

I have already said that you and acc are town leans though, with black as scum lean and dunn, chumba as null. I said this in my first post. It hasn't changed.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2016 2:14 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 723, chilledtea wrote:
In post 722, TehBrawlGuy wrote:
You want a reads list from where I am now?

I have already said that you and acc are town leans though, with black as scum lean and dunn, chumba as null. I said this in my first post. It hasn't changed.
Wasn't sure how far it was between that post and where you are now. Thanks.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”