Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 7:08 am

Post by Skybird »

G[o wrote:dz post_id=7935074 time=1463830580 user_id=15399 post_num=363]I believe he's trying to express that you should be electing someone you think is town with good reads (reads that align with your own), but the reality of it is that electing someone to shoot your scum reads serves the same purpose.

Why do you think what he was trying to say is important? It's clearly a theory point that has very little to do with anything.
I was asking Nacho, not you. I'm trying to get a read on Nacho and your interference is not helping.
In post 394, Spiffeh wrote:I also have not explained my reads

Why is Godz being piled on for not doing so and not me?
Godz comes off a lot differently in his posting than you do. To me, his posts and reads feel more forced. Also, in my experience, you often throw out reads and wait until later to explain them.
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 7:09 am

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.4

Katsuki [9] - Katsuki, G[o]dz, hiplop, Albert B. Rampage, Kagami, camn, implosion, Brian Skies, zakk
implosion [1] - KittyMo
camn [1] - Spiffeh
Spiffeh [1] - Skybird
Fate [5] - Fate, BROseidon, SirCakez, Antihero, kuribo

Not Voting [4]
- DrippingGoofball, atm487, Axelrod, Nachomamma8

With 21 alive it takes 11 votes to become King

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2016-05-28 15:00:00)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 7:11 am

Post by Skybird »

Oh sweet, I was post 425. Birthday post. lol

Nacho, can you answer for me please?
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
The Pied Piper
The Pied Piper
Goon
The Pied Piper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 7:16 am

Post by The Pied Piper »

In post 352, implosion wrote:zakk is another good candidate for town.
Do you have any scumreads?
Nachomamma8 and Plotinus

"Playing all the right notes - but not necessarily in the right order."
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 428, The Pied Piper wrote:
This was me, my bad.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 427, Skybird wrote:Oh sweet, I was post 425. Birthday post. lol

Nacho, can you answer for me please?
I'm in the process of catching up; I'll be sure to respond once I get to it, though.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 7:32 am

Post by implosion »

I just gave spiffeh as one at the bottom of the previous page.

I also think kuribo is a decent scum candidate. I'm still not sure what to make of some of the inconsistencies in attitude he's shown (there's the one Fate mentioned, and one other that I don't remember atm). His apparent uncertainty as to whether to take the game seriously or HUEUEUEYAHIEO reads as potentially scum trying to gauge what kind of game it's going to be or generally just being self-conscious.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 7:51 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 431, implosion wrote:
I just gave spiffeh as one at the bottom of the previous page.

I also think kuribo is a decent scum candidate. I'm still not sure what to make of some of the inconsistencies in attitude he's shown (there's the one Fate mentioned, and one other that I don't remember atm). His apparent uncertainty as to whether to take the game seriously or HUEUEUEYAHIEO reads as potentially scum trying to gauge what kind of game it's going to be or generally just being self-conscious.
Dont start this bullshit already
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 7:55 am

Post by kuribo »

If there's one fucking thing my scum game ain't it's timid and self conscious

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 7:58 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

G[o wrote:dz post_id=7934888 time=1463816757 user_id=15399 post_num=350]
In post 348, Antihero wrote:to keep the thread from getting toxic i'll just disengage i guess...?

you can have the last word
If you're going to use this as an excuse to lurk, I'm going to demand Katsuko shoots you.

Asking you to explain your read on me isn't toxic and isn't going to make the thread toxic. Ask you about your other reads doesn't require any toxicity, either, and there's no good reason to avoid answering the questions.
Asking him to explain his read on you isn't where the potential for toxicity came from. These posts is where the potential for toxicity came from:
G[o wrote:dz post_id=7934809 time=1463813526 user_id=15399 post_num=333]What? Your extremely non-committal "mkay spiffeh's scum" because he said he had two town reads? That was serious?

I find it ironic that you call my posts "shitposting" if that's the level of play I can expect from you.
G[o wrote:dz post_id=7934813 time=1463813606 user_id=15399 post_num=334]
In post 332, Antihero wrote:yeah ok now i just have a flat-out scumread on godz
Is this the part where I ask you to elaborate and you either (a) give an incredibly awful explanation and pretend it's not awful, or (b) pretend that you're not giving an explanation because I don't explain things either?
G[o wrote:dz post_id=7934819 time=1463813735 user_id=15399 post_num=337]Kastuki, I have a single request:

If you become King, please strongly consider making Antihero dead. For me. Thanks. I don't care if you're a scum. Just do it and I'll vote you every day I'm alive.
G[o wrote:dz post_id=7934841 time=1463814751 user_id=15399 post_num=343]You go off about how I'm not being helpful and shit. Where's your fucking explanations? You've been asked and refused to elaborate. Why are you "spamming" and "shitposting"?
G[o wrote:dz post_id=7934850 time=1463815135 user_id=15399 post_num=345]the amount of scum hunting and the reads you've given is so pitiful in comparison to the amount of posts you've made
G[o wrote:dz post_id=7934851 time=1463815277 user_id=15399 post_num=346]And, still, no explanation for the "reads" you've given, after a full-blown criticism about how that sort of "spam" doesn't move the game forward.

*clap* *clap*

You're really sticking it to me by doing what you think is not-good-for-the-game just to make a point about your opinion on me.

You sure are a good player.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 7:59 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Why? Do you just think that he wouldn't play the game this way as scum because it is both lazy as hell and anti-town so you can't imagine it being a route that he thinks would give him towncred?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 8:01 am

Post by kuribo »

Like, I thought at first I wanted to game the system and we'd all do the whole best strategy for kingmaker thing

Which I've seen work because I've played fucking kingmaker several times though it's been a few years

But then I decided that's no fucking fun in part because as Fate said "it's not in the spirit of the flavor"

Rest afuckingssured if I'd been scum I'd have had a fucking strategy going in

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 8:02 am

Post by kuribo »

Post 346 from Godz is pretty hostile and passive aggressive and the fact that he doesn't see it as leading to toxicity is pretty bizarre to me

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 8:09 am

Post by SirCakez »

Can confirm Kuribo isn't timid and self-conscious as scum <.<
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 8:16 am

Post by kuribo »

With an 8 day deadline and no activity requirements I really want DGB to show up so I can get a read on her

I want that newbie to show up too just so he'll be able to point to this game one day and say "my first game was full of legends"

ABR has done jackshit and needs to at least indicate he's keeping up

Take those three and add KittyMo who I've forgotten is in this, and you get the bottom 1/5 or so. The Lurkmass rule states there's always at least one scum among the Lurkmass, therefore odds are good that one of these is scum. Maybe Kagami could be tossed into this too but I don't remember his posts and there's been a lot of noise so far

The four I mentioned definitely need to do something so we can get reads on them.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 8:34 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 351, implosion wrote:indicate to me a townie who's trying to figure out the game and can't put their finger on why they feel certain ways about people. It does not read to me as scum trying to fake reads or trying to look like they're doing things. It looks like a window into an actual thought process that's going on.
I'm not really seeing what you're seeing here; I disagree pretty strongly that it was a window into Godz's thought process because there wasn't a thought process to be had, and I have seen scum say that they had reads that they couldn't explain before (and it was early enough in the game where people weren't really likely to rip on him all that much), and am not sure how that post is particularly far removed from that.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 8:43 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

G[o wrote:dz post_id=7934980 time=1463822610 user_id=15399 post_num=353]As a side note, I really think Antihero isn't talking about his read on me because he's stalling in hopes that the question will go away without him having to answer it. I think he overstepped with a fake scum read on me and isn't adept enough to come up with a reason for it that seems legitimate. I think maybe he might be able to come up with some bullshit excuse for it after sleeping on it, but I think the reason he avoided doing so at the point he said it was because he was worried about how obvious it would be if he gave a bullshit reason without thinking it through.
I don't think that this is very likely to be the case, and I think that this is a pretty difficult point to argue when Kuribo had attacked you in , , and , and I mentioned my reasons for not liking it in ; no matter how poor of a scum player Antihero was, I'm not sure that he would struggle to come up with a reason for scum reading you when the answer was already given to him.

G[o]dz
G[o]dz
Goon
G[o]dz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 8:51 am

Post by G[o]dz »

If the things prior to #330 were related to a scum read on me, then why was he talking about "policy execution" rather than a scum read, in your opinion?
"There is no greater feeling in life than eating cheese." - G[o]dz
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 8:54 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

G[o wrote:dz post_id=7934986 time=1463823142 user_id=15399 post_num=354]Firstly, when he's willing to call, for example, spiffeh scum for (presumably) claiming town reads on zakk/camn (I say presumably because he never actually elaborates but he also never denied the scum read, so I'm going to interpret what I see), then how on Godz green earth could whatever reads he's holding onto be so weak that he can't talk about them?
I'm not sure what your point here is; you seem to be suggesting that Antihero can't have weak reads because of his approach to Spiffeh; I think that the reason why he was calling Spiffeh scum was because he thought that him calling zakk "never shoot town" was unreasonable at the point of the game he did, which is a perspective that only requires a scumread on Zakk to make sense.
G[o wrote:dz post_id=7934986 time=1463823142 user_id=15399 post_num=354]Why can't he just... say the names of the people he's considering?
I'm not sure. Why do you think that he as scum is incapable of giving out a couple of fake reads as scum?
G[o wrote:dz post_id=7934986 time=1463823142 user_id=15399 post_num=354]Also, with me, spiffeh and zakk included, he's got a fairly enormous number of reads that he thinks could be scum and a surprisingly small number of people he's mentioned a town read on.
I don't mind this. Why do you?

G[o]dz
G[o]dz
Goon
G[o]dz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 8:55 am

Post by G[o]dz »

In post 434, Nachomamma8 wrote:These posts is where the potential for toxicity came from
None of those posts would have happened if he explained his read and none of those posts necessitated further "toxicity" if he explained his read.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 8:56 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Godz Antihero is never getting shot and shouldn't so do something else
G[o]dz
G[o]dz
Goon
G[o]dz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 8:59 am

Post by G[o]dz »

In post 443, Nachomamma8 wrote:you seem to be suggesting that Antihero can't have weak reads because of his approach to Spiffeh
I'm suggesting the opposite, actually.
In post 443, Nachomamma8 wrote:Why do you think that he as scum is incapable of giving out a couple of fake reads as scum?
I think he'd avoid it if he thought it would make him look worse, yes.
In post 443, Nachomamma8 wrote:I don't mind this. Why do you?
Why
don't
you? Do you think his approach to the game is a genuine one? Do you think he's more likely to come up with a long list of names he wants dead and a non-existent list of names he doesn't?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 8:59 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

G[o wrote:dz post_id=7935968 time=1463860303 user_id=15399 post_num=442]If the things prior to #330 were related to a scum read on me, then why was he talking about "policy execution" rather than a scum read, in your opinion?
I believe that the reason that he thought you were scum were based on , which was the post that kuribo and I both expressed dislike of. I believe that he referred to policy executing you has more for your "I agree/I disagree" series of posts more than anything else.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 9:00 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

G[o wrote:dz post_id=7935976 time=1463860517 user_id=15399 post_num=444]
In post 434, Nachomamma8 wrote:These posts is where the potential for toxicity came from
None of those posts would have happened if he explained his read and none of those posts necessitated further "toxicity" if he explained his read.
The would have/should have doesn't really matter; he felt he was being insulted, and generally a person's response to feeling insulted is insulting back, hence toxicity.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 9:02 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

G[o wrote:dz post_id=7935983 time=1463860767 user_id=15399 post_num=446]I'm suggesting the opposite, actually.
That Antihero has to have strong reads thanks to his response to Spiffeh?
But he did have a strong read on Zakk and I'm not sure how that relates to him holding reads in his pocket?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”