Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by Psyche »

After my first readthrough, texcat seemed the most scummy. Shadow_step's case on him seemed pretty compelling! Texcat's vote for karnos seemed like a copy of greyice's. That would be okay on its own, but the way it's done feels like something pretending to be original content. Texcat's latter posts similarly seem conciliatory and deliberately
not
impactful on the course of the game. Ss's criticism back on post 82 seems just as relevant now at post 300.

vote texcat
You can't step in the same river twice.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by Ranger »

For Chip Butty, my read started out as null: I didn't get much out of . The vote in was alright, but I was hoping for more from it. My opinion on him started to improve with posts like , or more specifically, the followthrough . meshed really well with my thoughts at the time, and not in a sheepish manner. was townish as well. was a decent observation. also jives well with me. It is also a more town-based reaction to first-time interaction with me than Kappy's was. Honestly one of the only things which kept him from being a top-tier townread was his GreyICE defense, thinking GreyICE is dumb instead of just scum.

Robert E Me is currently my null tier, maybe nulltown. I liked the naked Kappy vote in , but it wasn't a very strong reason to think him town. Jumping in to sheep the growing GreyICE wagon in (note that GreyICE got to L-2) was also something that on the one hand, I agree with (GreyICE looks scummy), but on the other hand, was a bad vote to randomly pop in with. I don't, however, like the current wagon on him, which has the distinct vibe of being a scum counterwagon to GreyICE.

For shotty, was an alright entrance into the game. I really, really loved , when he decided to be serious. His vote on GreyICE in , contrasting Robert's, felt reasonable and natural. Overall, this shotty may not have contributed much, but everything he
has
contributed has looked town.

Then there's karnos. I've had previous experience with karnos, his first game in fact. Here I'm seeing a lot of the same. I liked his ; it felt like a natural RVS in contrast with, say, Aneninen's. The bits of defensiveness in his iso are not the best since I don't remember him showing that as town, but once he started to go on the offensive, I saw more and more of the karnos I was expecting. This started taking off strongly at about . was a good post. His defense on himself also feels town: instead of defending himself to save himself, in , he is redirecting the accusation on him to further pursue his reads, explaining his stance
and
furthering it. is another solid push against GreyICE. was another good point, and I loved the explanation in . In essence, karnos is picking up steam and getting rolling, which is what I expect of his towngame.

And then there's GreyICE. stuck out to me. Sure, town could legitimately have a not random vote. (I did!) Sure, town could even declare it as such. But I happen to side with karons here, in that I don't see GreyICE's pursuit of karnos as being town. The scumread really took off with , which felt not only fake, but also active lurking: something meant to look town, without actually being town. Focusing on the setup instead of on scumhunting. His reaction in is even worse. It was extremely fabricated tone-wise. doesn't sound any better. is doubt-casting on both Persivul and myself, which is more typical from a scum player. So's . Nothing has really changed my opinion of him since then.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

In post 292, Sickofit1138 wrote:nope this is what it would look like.

In post 278, Sickofit1138 wrote:
1. Karnos
2. Chip Buddy
3. Texcat
4. Ranger
5. Robert
6. GreyICE
7. Shadow Step
8. Shotty
10. Murdercat
11 Percivul
11. Aneminen
12. SirCakes
13. Myself
I got your ordering system backwards, my bad.
#freeShotty
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by Ranger »

So!
After actually verbalizing my reads, and listening to my own words, I have to backtrack here:
There actually
are
changes. Significant ones! Just talking about my reads has helped me.

Where I'm at right now:
{Persivul, karnos, Chip Butty, Murdercat}
{texcat, drmyshottyizsik, SirCakez, Robert E Me}
{Shadow_step}
{Aneninen, Sickofit, Psyche}
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Ranger »

Kappy: 4 (Robert E Me, SirCakez, Chip Butty, drmyshottyizsik)
This was the first wagon of note. It looks like an all-town wagon on Kappy.
GreyICE: 4 (Persivul, Aneninen, karnos, drmyshottyizsik)
Kappy: 3 (Robert E Me, SirCakez, Chip Butty)
This is the beginning of the GreyICE wagon. If there's scum there, it's Aneninen.

Then, Robert E Me votes in . This leads to , where GreyICE is at L-2.

Chip Butty's vote in was reasonable. Then we get from texcat, and immediately, from SirCakez. These aren't so great.

We end up with this:
GreyICE: 5 L-2 (Persivul, Aneninen, karnos, drmyshottyizsik, Robert E Me)
Robert E Me: 3 (Chip Butty, texcat, SirCakez)
...with karnos .

So right now, I kind-of want to lynch Psyche. Though Shadow_step is lower on my tiered list, {texcat, SirCakez} are my top sorting priorities.
VOTE: Psyche.
Back to L-2 you go.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 12:56 pm

Post by Psyche »

oh do i already need to get into defense mode
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 1:37 pm

Post by Psyche »

ok i'll just throw out the gauntlet

greyice is sort of a dick
and not just in the "feels comfortable calling people dog shit" way
he's pretentious and overlording; he can't act sincerely or genial even in the one context where that stuff is most obviously valuable
he can't help but tunnel mindlessly because he thinks he's always right but more importantly because he thinks it's important to hide and ignore ambivalence in order to get his scumreads lynched
he makes variously ambiguous and aggressive posts not just because he thinks it makes scum slip but because he thinks of himself as someone capable of making people do what he wants them to
he tries to do too much, and is toxic the whole way through
i can totally understand you get bad vibes from his posts, but it's not because he's scum; it's because he's a douchebag
his personality, not his alliance, is why he's looked scummy this game

I take some of you guys as people who appreciate dialectic, discussion and reasoning by dialogue as a method of investigation. I believe the dialectic is how the cacophony that defines town play ultimately ever organizes as something worthwhile; it's how towns of varying perspectives and backgrounds and knowledge synchronize and find scum. But by lynching my slot so quickly after it's been replaced, you lose out on that. I can't (I won't) defend greyice's actions. If he were still here and you were about to hammer him, you'd maybe realize he's town just from his temper tantrum. But all I'll be able to do is say "meh" and sign up for another game.

Greyice's replacement gives you a chance to make sense of his slot in a way less fettered by issues of personality. I'm not a saint but I don't take any of this seriously enough to put some toxic strategy above just enjoying the game. If you give me a break for a while, give me a chance to make my own contribution to the game, then I don't think you'll need to hang me to see that I'm town.

ugh just typing this makes me regret returning to mafia i don't have the energy for this
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by Psyche »

i was gonna follow up with lots of reads but that was exhausting
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by karnos »

Psyche: That all sounds good. Of course, you would have incentive to post that as scum, just the same as town.

I am taking a wait and see approach. Of course I have already switched votes, but mainly I just want to see Robert actually post a little bit more often and offer some explanation. Depending when Robert responds and what if anything he posts, my vote may revisit you, it depends on how your posts read between now and then.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 1:48 pm

Post by Ranger »

Robert requested replacement.
Mod didn't announce it here, but it's in the replacement request thread.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

So much for that, then. UNVOTE:
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 3:08 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 290, Sickofit1138 wrote:null as in he could look scummy or town depending on the way you look at him. i think he is town at this point not because he looks scum but he couldnt be scum and all my scum reads be town.
With Percivul you are 8/13.
This doesn't make any sense. Why couldn't he be scum and all your scumreads be town?
In post 291, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 278, Sickofit1138 wrote: 1. Karnos
2. Chip Buddy
3. Texcat
4. Ranger
5. Robert
6. GreyICE
7. Shadow Step
8. Pers (Some where below because you said you town read him)
9. Shotty
10. Murdercat
11. Aneminen
12. SirCakes
that is 9/12 but keep lying go for it.
If you put yourself in there I would be 10/13 not 8/13 you are a liar.
Why is the ordering of this readslist so important again?
In post 294, karnos wrote:
In post 278, Sickofit1138 wrote: I agree with GreyICEs case on Karnos.
Which case?

The case that I am obvscum because I did a random vote for my first post, or the the case that I'm a scum because I lied when I said nothing of value has been posted?

Just curious. I've kind of lost the urge to try to defend myself, but it would suck to see GreyIce "win" when I flip town.

Going to switch votes, because while I think GreyIce is clearly scum right now, that might just be a natural reaction to his attitude towards me. With a new player in the slot I will reconsider the possibilities.

In the meantime, I hate inactive hiding players, so I will put pressure where it's needed:

VOTE: Robert E Me
The case that you were overtly defensive of your RVS voting and to Grey's accusations.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

In post 294, karnos wrote:
In post 278, Sickofit1138 wrote: I agree with GreyICEs case on Karnos.
Which case?

The case that I am obvscum because I did a random vote for my first post, or the the case that I'm a scum because I lied when I said nothing of value has been posted?

Just curious. I've kind of lost the urge to try to defend myself, but it would suck to see GreyIce "win" when I flip town.

Going to switch votes, because while I think GreyIce is clearly scum right now, that might just be a natural reaction to his attitude towards me. With a new player in the slot I will reconsider the possibilities.

In the meantime, I hate inactive hiding players, so I will put pressure where it's needed:

Umm the fact that you lied....as town? In my experience lying is not a town tool to catch scum. It's a scum tool. I feel like you coming out with it was to act like you weren't scared but it came across as very fake.

@Ranger and Chip Buddy
I get that my predecessor made things a bit more difficult for me... But I hope to change your minds. I assure you... My win condition is town.

So a general meta gives a lurkish town!Ranger. I am moving Ranger to a null slight scum.
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

I trusted GreyICE as town, and I like psyche even better. He is already giving reasons for legitimate votes that are being ignored "cuz meta". He's not even trying to sheep on someone with momentum, he posted somewhat organically and I don't believe him to be scum.

Karnos. How is this guy not obvscum. First of all, he got way too defensive for a RVS vote. Then he gets caught in a lie and he just shrugs it off satin that its a "strategy" as town. Give me a break! How can this guy be town?!?! Give me a break!!!Guys stop trying to chase a goose and fuckin come over here and get on a worthwhile wagon!

Vote Karnos for lynch! Make town great again!
Sickofit1138
Sickofit1138
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Sickofit1138
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Sickofit1138 »

Ranger

Ok so first read through I didn't like him cuz it was almost lurkish type activity. After I read his Metairie saw that he does this sometimes as town. Honestly I would've hoped for a bit more activity so I could have a bit more solid read on him. However, I like the way the activity has gone up and I will
consider
town reading him soon.

TexCat

He is playing a huge lurking game. I would like to but him at L-1 and watch him pop out of nowhere. As for the meta approach to him neon town, I dislike using meta. It's all WiFoM.

Aneminen

She was way too active in the beginning I feel, to be scum. If she was scum, she could hae easily done a lurking hame with everyone else. O even just flew under the water, but she chose to stand out. I don't find that a scum tell.

I will get to my other reads soon enough but I have to sleep right now. Peace out
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 9:02 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

1. Karnos
2. Chip Buddy
3. Texcat
4. Ranger
5. Robert
6. GreyICE
7. Shadow Step
8. Shotty
10. Murdercat
11 Percivul
11. Aneminen
12. SirCakes
13. Myself
In post 312, Sickofit1138 wrote: @Ranger and Chip Buddy
I get that my predecessor made things a bit more difficult for me... But I hope to change your minds. I assure you... My win condition is town.

So a general meta gives a lurkish town!Ranger. I am moving Ranger to a null slight scum.
This contains a blatant inconsistency: You list me as your second-most scummy player (and, in a game with three scum, that means you think I am scum), then you say you hope to change my mind about your alignment. If I was scum, I would KNOW your alignment, so this slip indicates to me that you don't really think I am scummy at all, which means that you just listed me second-most scummy as a precursor to trying to mislynch me. You posted comments on several players and none on me, which you would have done if your assessment of me had changed so radically in such a short space of time.

Same with Ranger, though less glaringly so: She was fourth most scummy on your list, and you since moved her to "null slight scum". But, again, scum would KNOW your alignment, so why do you hope to change her mind? Looks like you know she isn't scum.

Doesn't add up, and given that you are in Kappy's slot, which I have been suspicious of, and that my Robert vote has gone up in smoke: VOTE: SICK
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 9:29 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

On the topic of claiming:

Information is power in this game. It is information about everyone's alignment that enables Mafia to compete equally with Town despite a distinct numerical inferiority. The information that we Town have is our roles. We should keep that information away from Mafia as much as possible, which means claiming only when it will clearly advance Town's interests.

Docs: I believe Docs should
never
claim in this setup, even after they have completed their night of activity. No counterclaims, because the setup allows for multiple players to have the same power on the same night, so Doc counterclaims are meaningless.

Cops: Should claim when ready to announce a result and push for a lynch, OR when someone announces a claim contrary to a result they themselves obtained (i.e. counterclaim).
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 9:52 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 72, karnos wrote:
In post 61, Persivul wrote:
In post 51, karnos wrote:
Random votes do serve a purpose, as people reveal different information
depending on whether they are being voted or not, especially at L-2 or L-1.
My vote is not so random
, because I always pick the player on the top of the list, because why not?
Why not? Because you're admitting that you're using a strategy to avoid revealing information, and there's much more motivation for scum to do that than town.
How what?

Random votes serve some purpose, because people reveal information when they are being voted,
but that doesn't mean to imply that non-random votes do not also help reveal the same information.

It's just that, on page 1-2 of a new game, there isn't really much basis for anything but a random vote.

And my vote was random, I just called it "not
so
random". It's out of my control, and might just be truly random depending on what method the mod uses to decide the player list order.
I'm ISO-ing Karnos to see if there is anything of substance in the various attacks on him.

This particular attack by Persivul doesn't go anywhere, but Karnos doesn't do a good job of explaining himself. I think he is saying that random votes at the start of a game can be helpful because they might prompt a player being voted into revealing information. But he doesn't see his own vote as "random" because he always starts by voting the first player on the player list. But even votes like this are helpful in the same way "random" votes are because they are, essentially, still random.

Persevul is simply wrong to say that Karnos' strategy (voting the first player on the list) is designed to "avoid revealing information"; it's just a misreading of what karnos is (unclearly) trying to say. Voting the first player in the list in the RVS stage has exactly the same potential for eliciting information as any other "random" vote.

I'm seeing this as an honest mistake by Persivul ATM.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 10:13 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 123, karnos wrote:
In post 78, texcat wrote:VOTE: karnos
Too much discussion about random votes. Zero discussion about any of the players.
texcat raises a valid point

Meh, I discussed random votes because I was voted and told that the vote is because of my poor logic, I either respond and talk about random votes to explain the flaw in the logic used against me or I can ignore the attack and look like scum because other players won't see the flaw. Lose either way :cry:
Good response by karnos so far. He has been forced on the defensive and focussed his energies on that. Plausible, since this is still an early post.

I don't think discussion of the players holds as much value as you, I suppose.
<- This sounds weird but, in the context of the overall post, I think it is just karnos explaining his position poorly again.
You know this game does have a strategy element to it, for town.

One approach is to immediately call out a scum tell the moment you see it. This might work *if*

1: you are god-like at detecting scum and never pick wrong, and

2: you can convince all the other town to follow along with you and lynch the scum.

However, that strategy falls flat in situations where 1 or 2 above are not true., because by calling out the scum tell the scummy player immediately knows what part of his behavior to change if he wants to appear more like town. I prefer to play more passively during the early stages of the game. We potentially have 10 more days before our first lynch, what is the rush? I absolutely am making notes of which players are acting scummy and why, but the last thing I am going to do at this phase of the game is share that information and give the scum a guide to follow if they want to fool me. Instead I will wait and watch, see if a pattern emerges, and then it's a little harder for the scum to back-peddle when the scummy behavior has already been repeated multiple times.
I have some sympathy for this style of play, even though I have now come to think it is problematic because the "wait-and-watch" approach tends to draw suspicion. In Newbie 1704, I (as Town) made similar remarks but I ended u
p spending the early part of the game trying to establish Towniness, which meant I was less focussed on scum hunting than I could have been. So this looks plausible to me.I would say NAI in itself, though obviously this style of play suits Mafia. Karnos is just making things more difficult for himself here
I do think that we are far enough into the game now that karnos
really
needs to step up very soon and show us that his approach is going to help us finger scum.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 10:13 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 226, GreyICE wrote:Karnos: A bunch of lousy insults.
I think you're insulting Karnos.
In post 227, GreyICE wrote:Can we pause for a second and note we've caught Karnos in two obvious lies at this point?
I'm not sold on him at all.
By the way, posting a non-randon vote at RVS is null in itself. My vote on Persivul was absolutely not random (and I think he understood my lil' joke) – and no one cared shyt about it.
In post 234, texcat wrote:Ugh.
UNVOTE: Karnos
Do you believe GreyIce or is there something else?
In post 239, SirCakez wrote:Anen I think Grey is town because his push looks too dedicated and focused to be from scum. Although he's being an ass and I'd also support force replacing him for some of the stuff he's said.
His push may be town
in itself
. But I think it's only a diversion, to make us not pay attention to his early posts.
In post 241, Shadow_step wrote: Now this is probably wifom and unfair on the guy who replaced Kappy.
But from my experience, I can say that players who replace out of games by their own wish are 90% of the times scum.
Bad logic.
If a player gets caught replacing out because of tactical reasons or avoiding certain alignments, they'll get noticed sooner or later and they'll get a kind of ban.
No player can replace out because of their alignment on a longer term.
In post 243, Chip Butty wrote:FWIW, I will also be glad to see GreyICE forcereplaced. I didn't say anything earlier because I thought it would be automatic given what he posted. I don't understand why the Mod wanted to go easy on him with just a warning.
And that was an unnecessary comment.
It gave me the feeling that you're scum.
In post 245, Chip Butty wrote:You're being evasive again. What's your read on Robert's lame leap onto the GreyICE bw?
That was terrible and I've seen lurk-scums doing that before. But he's not my strongest scumread right now.
Also, would you mind posting in a different format? It's hard to find your content if you post it like you've had this one.
In post 246, Chip Butty wrote:VOTE: ROBERT

I think we need to light a fire under this guy's ass to get him to play. Also, he looks scummy on account of minimal posting and aforementioned lame leap onto the GreyICE bw.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: ChipButty
If GeryIce's scum, you're trying to move votes away from him. If he's not, you're trying to keep your hands clean and not to get enemies.
I know it sounds like a Regardless of Card, but I can imagine you being scum in both cases.
In post 248, Chip Butty wrote: I'm not sure if you count those replaced out though inactivity as replacing out by their own wish, since their inactivity could be taken as an indication of their wish not to continue? Anyhow, take a look at this game, in which Kappy and I both played: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=66365

Altogether, six replacements from inactivity/request, and five were Town.

However, Kappy was scum in that game and got lynched Day 1. I think he found it tough going, so yeah maybe he replaced out here because of that. Something to bear in mind but not, in itself, AI.
Fence-sitting a safe topic. Good. My read on you has been strengthened.
In post 249, GreyICE wrote: Chip is lousy, and up there. He seems to like the phrase dumb or scum, so I'll use it here. He's leaning the latter. What's the point of voting someone who is barely posting? Get them to post more? It's not going to work. It's a lazy vote, and he's opting our of real discussion to park a vote on a guy who probably won't post much due to time contraints.

Does that make Robert town? Nah. Parking a vote on a buddy like that is super weak. They don't get lynched from pressure votes. If they do get lynched they're free town cred. Distancing. Or just going after weak town.
And this sounds like a scumbuddy talking to another.
ESPECIALLY because the other part of the post (not quoted here). Everyone else got ONE line whereas he was talking a lot about and to Chip.
Ranger, read that post again! Doesn't it sound like he's afraid of you?
In post 251, karnos wrote:
In post 246, Chip Butty wrote:VOTE: ROBERT
I think we need to light a fire under this guy's ass to get him to play. Also, he looks scummy on account of minimal posting and aforementioned lame leap onto the GreyICE bw.
I actually agree. Not switching votes just yet, but he is clearly my second choice for voting right now.
Not liking this.
In post 252, texcat wrote:VOTE: Robert
And definitely not THIS!
In post 253, SirCakez wrote:Yeah since Kappy replaced out I'll help with this until hisbslot provides new content

VOTE: Robert
NOR THIS!

Okay, now I strongly think Robert is town. There's definitely a scum among these three – either with Chip and GreyIce or I'm wrong about either (or both) of them. I simply can't imagine so many townies starting to push a lurker THAT quickly.
So no, we're not lynching Robert.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 10:27 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 124, karnos wrote:That said,

VOTE: GreyICE

Same reasons as above, and obviously I am a little biased because he is voting me! But yeah, his initial vote on me was apparently due to the fact that I didn't participate in his "lets all claim" discussion, making me think even more that he was making the suggestion simply as a trap, especially in light of the time stamps between 47 & 48, as Persivul pointed out.
This is kind of weird because it is very unclear what the "Same reasons as above" refers to, since neither karnos nor anyone else had recently voted GreyICE at that point.

@karnos: What reasons were you referring to here?

Also, I'm really not buying the whole "GreyICE was setting a trap" line - if he was, why no ga at all in the timestamps between #47 and #48? If you set a trap, you need to wait a whiles for your prey to fall into it, not spring it right away.

Also, I don't like karnos' "obviously I am a little biased" comment. Since when does someone voting you automatically make them scummy? Betrays OMGUS-y thinking even as he attempts to pre-empt accusations of OMGUS.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 10:33 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 319, Aneninen wrote:
Okay, now I strongly think Robert is town. There's definitely a scum among these three – either with Chip and GreyIce or I'm wrong about either (or both) of them. I simply can't imagine so many townies starting to push a lurker THAT quickly.
So no, we're not lynching Robert.
Uh, it's already been pointed out by Ranger that Robert is replacing out, and I've already unvoted him. Try to keep up, m'kay?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 10:46 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 158, karnos wrote:
In post 155, MURDERCAT wrote: I don't like these posts. Seems like Karnos is happy to sit around and let other people scum hunt instead of him...
Why don't you like that? Do you think a scum would prefer to let others scum hunt, or take lead and push a wagon on someone the scum knows is town?

I don't think I am unique in that I'm fallible. I make mistakes. I misread, especially on day one. Rather than try to push a lynch on someone who I only have a slight hunch of being scum, I am voting for someone who I think may be scum
and others have already made a clear case against
. Doesn't that not make sense?

Basically I am going by the theory that while my hunch might be wrong, it's much less likely that me, persivul, aneninen have all read grey wrong in the same way, it's much less likely.
Ugh! This is hard work. I think I am going to look at karnos' other games for some meta data before continuing, but haven't got time now.

Murdercat is right to point out that karnos is STILL not scum hunting. I can see why people are becoming suspicious by this point. But I also find it plausible that he just has some mistaken ideas about how to play the early game, ideas I myself once held. I'll reserve judgement for now, until I've checked out his other games.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 10:50 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 258, GreyICE wrote:So yeah,you might think he's scum. And yeah, that wagon hop is awfully convenient. But if we start a wagon on him right now, you know what's going to happen? A whole lot of nothing.
Hmm-hmm-hmmm... that's pretty much true.
A pity that it came from the wrong slot.
In post 262, GreyICE wrote:Although I do wonder what the mod's plan is the next time that Shotty and Percy decide they want a player replaced. I mean they're two then, that player will still be one. They can pull this crap as often as they want, but I wonder who the real problem players are (hint: it's the guy who made a shit case on me over a personal vendetta)
Stop this.
This was much worse than your posts made certain players upset. You were misrepresenting the events and pushing another player passively-aggressively. These things are
normal
if they're about
in-game
things, but not okay if they're about non-game-related things.
In post 265, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Our not so friendly past has nothing to do with it. Your behavior in this game has been unacceptable, and if you were in my game, your slot would be mod killed.
That's a terrible idea. Don't ever do so, it hurts the faction, not the player.

And I skipped the posts around.

________

I want opinions about the Sickofit–Shotty part from . I can't decide whether it's town-vs-town or not.
In post 294, karnos wrote: Going to switch votes, because while I think GreyIce is clearly scum right now, that might just be a natural reaction to his attitude towards me. With a new player in the slot I will reconsider the possibilities.

Pigeon poop.
If you think a player's scum, their replacement are getting the same slot. The
content
produced by a replacement can change read, the
fact
of being replaced can not.
Also, you've just joined that terrible Robert-wagon.

Hooray. Yet again I have too many scumreads.
In post 296, Ranger wrote:Instead, we got an entirely unrelated RVS on Persivul
No, that was a reference to the same game.
And I didn't vote for Shotty because by the time I got here there had been too many votes for him.

Why do you think TexCat's town? I think her town-play is very different.

In post 299, Chip Butty wrote:

1. Karnos
Not sure yet. In one early game on another site, I posted a lot of defensive expanatory stuff like he does, so I understand where he is coming from. Oh, wait - i was scum in that game.

2. Chip Buddy
LOL

3. Texcat
Later

4. Ranger
Her rankings aren't too far apart from mine, though there are some discrepancies (will post those elsewhere). However, I would expect that scum!Ranger would post mostly credible rankings in order to establish credibility, and then try to sneak in a buddy near the top, or a Town victim near the bottom. Perceived anomalies, if any, will tell the story I think. Put pressure on those. For now, neutral.

5. Robert
Have commented elsewhere

6. GreyICE
Whenever I see a posting style that's way off the curve, I am a little suspicious that it is a show put on to look Townish because a lot of people assume scum won't want to draw attention to themselves. WIll wait for the replacement before deciding. Maybe isolated karnos as a perceived easy mislynch, like a leopard targetting a wounded gazelle. Which in turn makes me more suspicious of Kappy/Sick, as the Kappy incarnation looked like the easiest mislynch of all - unless it isn't a mislynch.

7. Shadow Step
ISoed him, not looking super-Townish ATM. Detailed read tomorrow, if I have time

8. Shotty
Mostly reading Town

10. Murdercat
Later

11 Persivul
Town, I think

11. Aneminen
Evasive. Leaning scum.

12. SirCakes
Town, I think.

13. Myself [i.e. Sick]
I'm on record as being suspicious of Kappy, so I guess that carries over a bit to the new Kappy. However,Kappy hasn't played as Town, so I don't really know how he would go. He might be one of those players who manages to look scummy regardless of their alignment. So, will try to keep an open mind, I guess.
Uhhh.
(1) Non-informative and fence-sitting.
(3) ...Because??!
(4) Speculative and I think you're afraid of her.
(6) Misty
(7) Non-informative
(13) Just as all the reads above, plenty of words with no coclusion as it comes to a slot which has a decent chance to get lynched Today.
In post 304, Ranger wrote:
Kappy: 4 (Robert E Me, SirCakez, Chip Butty, drmyshottyizsik)
This was the first wagon of note. It looks like an all-town wagon on Kappy.
GreyICE: 4 (Persivul, Aneninen, karnos, drmyshottyizsik)
Kappy: 3 (Robert E Me, SirCakez, Chip Butty)
This is the beginning of the GreyICE wagon. If there's scum there, it's Aneninen.

Then, Robert E Me votes in . This leads to , where GreyICE is at L-2.

Chip Butty's vote in was reasonable. Then we get from texcat, and immediately, from SirCakez. These aren't so great.

We end up with this:
GreyICE: 5 L-2 (Persivul, Aneninen, karnos, drmyshottyizsik, Robert E Me)
Robert E Me: 3 (Chip Butty, texcat, SirCakez)
...with karnos .

So right now, I kind-of want to lynch Psyche. Though Shadow_step is lower on my tiered list, {texcat, SirCakez} are my top sorting priorities.
VOTE: Psyche.
Back to L-2 you go.
Good one.
In post 306, Psyche wrote:If you give me a break for a while, give me a chance to make my own contribution to the game, then I don't think you'll need to hang me to see that I'm town.
Take your time. But I'm not scumreading your slot because of GreyIce's style. I'm scumreading it because of his
actions
In post 315, Chip Butty wrote: Doesn't add up, and given that you are in Kappy's slot, which I have been suspicious of, and that my Robert vote has gone up in smoke: VOTE: SICK
I think it was obvious that he had been changing his reads while catching-up.
The more I read your posts the surer I am that both you and Psyche are scum.

Where the enchanted forest did come from?
In post 321, Chip Butty wrote:Uh, it's already been pointed out by Ranger that Robert is replacing out, and I've already unvoted him. Try to keep up, m'kay?
I think it was obvious that I had been catching-up.
You're trying to make out things out of nothings all the time.

Can't we lynch ChipButty Today?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat May 28, 2016 10:54 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 2, This is my username wrote:
SETUP

This game’s setup is Diffusion of Power, found here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... n_of_Power. You should read through the setup and make sure you understand it.

The Mafia have daytalk.
In post 319, Aneninen wrote: And this sounds like a scumbuddy talking to another.
Mafia have daytalk. No need for them to try to communicate in public. Try to keep up, m'kay?

Return to “Completed Open Games”