Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by Reasonably Irrational »

In post 1772, Nahdia wrote:
In post 1771, Liger_Zero wrote:Okay so best vote for huntmaster should be Reasonably Irrational?
I mean mechanically if they have a reason that makes more sense.
if you trust him, sure.
Exactly. Best vote is conftown . Then likely town. Only when deciding between likely town does mechanical advantage become relevant.

Nahdia your continued suspicion of my slot is dumb. :P

-Cerb
A Hydra of Cerberus v666 & Elbirn
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 1769, Mixed6 wrote:Cerb, let me be clear, I don't want you to make a list. Nahdia has given hers and now I am looking forward to Frozen's.
I'm working on it. I need to catch up completly

cerb's posts are long and this take me a while.

~Rylai
Hydra of Frozen Angel and Shiro
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

and I'm not scumreading him for his role fish. I said I beleive this make no sense as town him. I'm sure you can understand the difference cerb.

and You really don't call that play anti town?

~Rylai
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Reasonably Irrational wrote:
In post 1772, Nahdia wrote:
In post 1771, Liger_Zero wrote:Okay so best vote for huntmaster should be Reasonably Irrational?
I mean mechanically if they have a reason that makes more sense.
if you trust him, sure.
Exactly. Best vote is conftown . Then likely town. Only when deciding between likely town does mechanical advantage become relevant.

Nahdia your continued suspicion of my slot is dumb. :P

-Cerb
I'm not really sure where I stand on you now :\

I mean i've been satisfied with the explanations you've given me. i'm just in that awkward position where i realize both your heads are good players (including one who punked me in the past) and if you guys end up being scum and i let you talk your way me nailing you d1 i'm gonna feel like the biggest fucking fool.

any chance you'd take me on your hunting party?
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Mixed6
Mixed6
Goon
Mixed6
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 6:57 pm

Post by Mixed6 »

@Nahdia, you're not prime hunting party material at this time, sorry. Also, see my comments to Daenerys and Dragons; catching scum acting too towny day 1 isn't worth it. Do that come day 4 if they're still alive. For now remember that if Reasonably Irrational is town (random role selection makes that more likely than not,) he's got at least as much motive to do what he's been doing as scum fooling us all.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 6:57 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

going to split up your posts and answer them part part (hard to answer them in whole part in my mobile phone)
In post 1717, Reasonably Irrational wrote:I'm not sure what response you want me to give to this? You know how I feel about feelings. I don't like them. So, umm, x makes you feel y doesn't do anything for me. I'm stating facts about those slots. Slots that don't engage with the game, as those slots aren't(for the most part) are extremely hard to accurately read, and extremely likely to cause a loss in LYLO if they live that long. It's dumb to just go lynching them all willy-nilly though, because it's unlikely they're all(or even *mostly*) scum, cuz math, but if we don't deal with them, they'll just always be...there, unreadable and problematic.
as I said this multiple times in different game I do beleive that this is no game of chess to just be played with consideration of logic, I'm sure the emotional part of the game has a very deep influence on it becuase its a game that the pawnes are human so even if you think emotions are crap , answer to my questions about your feelings becuase they tell me stuff that you even though your considering them crap , I consider them information.

so you were saying as they are lurkers they have a decent chance to be town but they must die even though their low hanging fruits becuase their influence in late game?

~Rylai
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 6:58 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1779, Mixed6 wrote:Also, see my comments to Daenerys and Dragons; catching scum acting too towny day 1 isn't worth it. Do that come day 4 if they're still alive. For now remember that if Reasonably Irrational is town (random role selection makes that more likely than not,) he's got at least as much motive to do what he's been doing as scum fooling us all.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Yeah I saw it. I'm not voting him, no worries.
In post 1779, Mixed6 wrote:@Nahdia, you're not prime hunting party material at this time, sorry.
w-why :[
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Mixed6
Mixed6
Goon
Mixed6
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:01 pm

Post by Mixed6 »

@Nahdia, reasons. You will have a role in the upcoming overwhelming town slaughter of scum though, have no fear! I'm not even trying to hide a threat in that statement (though now that I've seen it typed out it looks like I might have been.)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:02 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 1717, Reasonably Irrational wrote:Also, for the record, the main wagons of the game have been shinobi and shadow_step. So it's rather disingenuous of you to suggest that I'm actually dissuading any wagons that are actually being actively pushed to any strong degree. In addition, the fact that I want H&M dead at this stage in the game, in spite of including them in that list, is something you should THINK about more, rather than just assuming there's some sort of scum motivation. There's a reason why I am pushing that SPECIFIC slot in this game, among the group of lurky mclurkers: Elbirn was the scum partner of one of the heads in the last game we played(thus, I'd be willing to bet he'll be able to pick up on tonal differences between the way the HD head posted in their scum PT, and the way he posted in the main game), and because of my limited experience with both heads, among EVERYONE who is being lurky, they are the ones whose posting style is most likely to lead to actual content when they respond, whether they're scum or not. If they're town, they'll throw out real commentary about things. If they're scum, because it's what they'd do as town, they'll still throw out lengthy commentary, which is helpful whenever they flip.
let me requete the post in question again :
In post 1539, Reasonably Irrational wrote:This game has too much low hanging fruit. Bogre, H&M, toog, pv, and now this new hydra. All apparently mislynch bait, either based on their past play, or simply because they're not giving anyone any reason to town read them.

This concerns me. They can't all be bad scum. :/

-Cerb
you called Bogre , H&M , toog , PV and I'm not sure why you added the new hydra there. all 4 are being stated as a concern from at least 1/3 of the players. the only wagons that are not your list are Shadow and Shinobi which is weird becuase Shadow was lurking as well and You never directly stated that your scumreading Shinobi.

My point here is more about H&M that your hydra is the one who was pushing it. calling your push a push on a low hanging fruit is a deep emotional play that is concerning me.

~Rylai
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:07 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 1740, Shinobi wrote:Meh. Okay.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Bogre
In post 1743, Shinobi wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: shadow
I can see shinobi and Bogre scum together. I can see scum distancing (remembering that weird ? in his list after Bogre name)

If you really scum read him talk about him. what is stopping you?

~Rylai
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:09 pm

In post 1780, Rylai and Lina wrote:going to split up your posts and answer them part part (hard to answer them in whole part in my mobile phone)
In post 1717, Reasonably Irrational wrote:I'm not sure what response you want me to give to this? You know how I feel about feelings. I don't like them. So, umm, x makes you feel y doesn't do anything for me. I'm stating facts about those slots. Slots that don't engage with the game, as those slots aren't(for the most part) are extremely hard to accurately read, and extremely likely to cause a loss in LYLO if they live that long. It's dumb to just go lynching them all willy-nilly though, because it's unlikely they're all(or even *mostly*) scum, cuz math, but if we don't deal with them, they'll just always be...there, unreadable and problematic.
as I said this multiple times in different game I do beleive that this is no game of chess to just be played with consideration of logic, I'm sure the emotional part of the game has a very deep influence on it becuase its a game that the pawnes are human so even if you think emotions are crap , answer to my questions about your feelings becuase they tell me stuff that you even though your considering them crap , I consider them information.

so you were saying as they are lurkers they have a decent chance to be town but they must die even though their low hanging fruits becuase their influence in late game?

~Rylai
Frozen, I don't have feelings about mafia. Its a dumb game that, like most games, isn't most worth emotional involvement. I guess I get irritated at people being dumb. I guess earlier I was sad about the fire assassin thing and disgusted at your attitude about it. I can't understand just not caring at all about having a negative impact on someone else's enjoyment. If I were emotional in mafia I'd want to lynch you for that, and that alone.

I'm not though, and don't have enough of a read on your slot to make that decision at this time.

Anyways, yes, the problem with the lurkers is if they make it to the late game they fucking suck, and they're the exact people scum want in the late game, but math says a lot of them are town, so if they don't start acting like it they're just setting us up to have to waste a huge amount of time and lynches and clearing them.

-Cerb
Reasonably Irrational
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Reasonably Irrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:13 pm

Nahdia, I have a very specific composition in mind for the hunting party...but there is one spot of wriggle room. I'm trying to determine who else I have an Uber townread on to put there.

It's unlikely to be you because I really dislike the fact that you, as smart and observant as I know you are, didn't even consider the weirdness of me pushing a lurker over the easy mislynch, amd then didn't consider the obvious conclusion that given your respect for the heads of this hydra, we would obviously want to push elsewhere cause if we got shinobi lynched, we'd just he setting up ourselves and shadow_step for a very difficult rest of the game.

Like I have trouble believing you just....wouldn't even look at what other options I could have taken as scum in that spot.

-Cerb
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:16 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1784, Rylai and Lina wrote:
In post 1740, Shinobi wrote:Meh. Okay.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Bogre
In post 1743, Shinobi wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: shadow
I can see shinobi and Bogre scum together. I can see scum distancing (remembering that weird ? in his list after Bogre name)

If you really scum read him talk about him. what is stopping you?

~Rylai
I've explained this three times and even had a back and forth over three pages long about this.
You have 0 reason not to understand it.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:17 pm

Post by Shinobi »

I think Rylai is just trolling me at this point.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:18 pm

Post by Nahdia »

Reasonably Irrational wrote:Nahdia, I have a very specific composition in mind for the hunting party...but there is one spot of wriggle room. I'm trying to determine who else I have an Uber townread on to put there.

It's unlikely to be you because I really dislike the fact that you, as smart and observant as I know you are, didn't even consider the weirdness of me pushing a lurker over the easy mislynch, amd then didn't consider the obvious conclusion that given your respect for the heads of this hydra, we would obviously want to push elsewhere cause if we got shinobi lynched, we'd just he setting up ourselves and shadow_step for a very difficult rest of the game.

Like I have trouble believing you just....wouldn't even look at what other options I could have taken as scum in that spot.

-Cerb
See, now you're the one making assumptions. It's not that I
wouldn't
consider that, it's that I
didn't have to
. Given the motivation I absolutely could have dug into your play and sure, I probably would have come to that conclusion. But when it comes to questioning someone I know is smart, I prefer to leave defense to the defendant.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 1785, Reasonably Irrational wrote:Frozen, I don't have feelings about mafia. Its a dumb game that, like most games, isn't most worth emotional involvement. I guess I get irritated at people being dumb. I guess earlier I was sad about the fire assassin thing and disgusted at your attitude about it. I can't understand just not caring at all about having a negative impact on someone else's enjoyment. If I were emotional in mafia I'd want to lynch you for that, and that alone.

I'm not though, and don't have enough of a read on your slot to make that decision at this time.
not even close to what I said. I'm sure you didn't understood me at all.

I never said that emotional cases or attacking someone with emotional rage is a valid move here which makes the game unsatisfiable for everyone. I said considering how are people feeling while their posting and how are they trying to make others feel about their actions is a valid tell in mafia and has a place in game.

regarding to Fire assassin I repeatedly asked him to don't interpret my push on him personally and engage with me and to be honest i'm really angry and sad about his replace out and the fact I acted so harsh at the end with him but I strongly believe and I'm sure about it that i did nothing wrong during the time I was engaging with him. I did my best to stop him from taking everything personally and calling my push emotional which made that stupid fight.

I won't town read him for that and i won't let anyone advertise that as a town move (in any kind ) as well. for example you blaming me for what happened is what I call a try for making him look more town that i don't like at all. as I repeatedly told , I'm sorry for the last posts to him but I'm not sorry about how I felt and how I reacted and How I engaged becuase i did a pretty good job in just focusing on game and he failed.

and what is keeping you from having a read on my slot?

~Rylai
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Mixed6
Mixed6
Goon
Mixed6
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:21 pm

Post by Mixed6 »

In post 1788, Shinobi wrote:I think Rylai is just trolling me at this point.
Rylai works for me. If you, or anybody else, has a problem with her, they have a problem with me. We don't want problems. That's why we're going to have nice conversation until Frozen submits her list. Then we will all play nice and vote for who I decide, knocking two birds with one stone, the inactivity problem and the scumhunting question.
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:23 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 1787, Shinobi wrote:I've explained this three times and even had a back and forth over three pages long about this.
all is there in your Iso is "I think bogre is scum too" or "I guess Bogre can be scum too" which indicates you don't trust that slot

which is exactly my point. your indicating that you don't trust that slot but your not saying why or how much is this untrust that is stopping you from voting them and you prefer to vote shadow for
In post 1458, Shinobi wrote:Shadow - for rehashing poor reasoning on his prime wagon, having a provably fake townread, and generally just being useless
what about Bogre is less concerning?

~Rylai
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:26 pm

Post by Nahdia »

And I mean it's not like you being town is the only explanation. Without hearing it from you, I could have taken my direction in any number of ways. Sure, Shinobi is the "easy mislynch" but the dichotomy between shadow_step and he was already there. You coulda been introducing a new candidate hoping to distract from both of them.

Which reminds me
Gigalurk Tier:

Bogre
Hastur & Muriel
PeregrineV
Heuristic_Arrow

Lurker McLurkface Tier

Toogeloo
Xkfyu
Zulfy
Gee Willikers
shadow_step

LurkLite™ Tier:

Sensei
randomidget
Ranger
Klingoncelt[/quote]EBWOP

-Zaphkael, 2020
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:27 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1792, Rylai and Lina wrote:
In post 1787, Shinobi wrote:I've explained this three times and even had a back and forth over three pages long about this.
all is there in your Iso is "I think bogre is scum too" or "I guess Bogre can be scum too" which indicates you don't trust that slot

which is exactly my point. your indicating that you don't trust that slot but your not saying why or how much is this untrust that is stopping you from voting them and you prefer to vote shadow for
In post 1458, Shinobi wrote:Shadow - for rehashing poor reasoning on his prime wagon, having a provably fake townread, and generally just being useless
what about Bogre is less concerning?

~Rylai
I literally just said I had a three page back and forth with another player about it.
I rehashed my reads
twice
. Those posts are even bigger than my regular ones so they're not even that hard to find. There are answers to every single question that you're asking that you can resolve by reading my ISO so I don't spend even more time rehashing every single thing I've had to explain to 5 different people.
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:31 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 1550, Shinobi wrote:
In post 1546, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1541, Shinobi wrote:In you voted shadow out of nowhere. You never mentioned him before. I still give you the benefit of the doubt that it was merely to prompt him and ask for his reads and more participation, but that vote is still there despite the fact he did provide some reads and got engaged more
Explain why you voted Shadow_Step in but never mentioned him BEFORE nor AFTER that until where you STILL didn't justify your vote on him.
He was in my list of people that were doing/accomplishing very little. He seemed like he was just doing whatever early on (RE: his RVS vote which took forever to change and his questioning on Zulfy self-voting which isn't really relevant wrt anything) and as soon as I picked him out, he responded with some lame point about how we shouldn't lynch inactives because we don't get anything out of it.

Since I tried talking to him a grand total of one time he's done nothing but try to throw shade on me using the laughably weak points from earlier which aren't relevant along with a bunch of other random, unexplained reads.

As for Bogre, I made a few posts on him beforehand and I fully explained my read on him here.
ok sorry. I missed this one. I like your answer here.

~Rylai
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:33 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

I'm literally null on half of the players in this game. I don't like to advance this to a night phase without see them posting.

@Varsoon Bogre , H & M and so many slots are comletly inactive here. May I ask to increase the prod ratio ?

~Rylai
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Mixed6
Mixed6
Goon
Mixed6
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:35 pm

Post by Mixed6 »

We are all waiting for your list.
Liger_Zero
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Liger_Zero
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:36 pm

Post by Liger_Zero »

Just judging by the posts of the players there seems to be only about 5 people actively playing this lol.
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Mon May 30, 2016 7:39 pm

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 1797, Mixed6 wrote:We are all waiting for your list.
As it stands I am ok with a lynch on Bogre , Shadow and Fire assassin slot but I want to see his replacement activity.

~Rylai
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”