New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:13 pm

Post by copper223 »

Agreed. You still think Kop is more likely scum than Persi?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:27 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

I've played with Kop-scum in a large game before, we'll see if he acts the same way.

Persival is probably more likely scum though, even tho seth apparently scumslipped sometimes people can just be retarded so..
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:14 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 1885, copper223 wrote:I know I've tried his approach when I was frustrated town of telling the accuser that the stuff he was accusing me of was never going to be part of my scum game (spoiler: they never believe it so you might as well drop that line of argument if you're town Persi.).
I'm not saying it in expectation of saving myself. I put myself in this position. Avoiding lynch today would have been child's play. I'm saying that for purposes of analysis after the flip. Not everyone looks correctly at motivations, but there are a couple of good players in this game who know how to - and if they're on my lynch, people need to wonder why.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:19 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 1895, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 1730, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 1728, Persivul wrote:
In post 1722, zakk wrote:ALSO: if you were town you probably wouldn't have bothered to check the links
because hypothetical town-you would know that no matter what the links held, they wouldn't be relevant if it was related to me thinking you are scum.
That is possibly the furthest reach I've heard in my time on this site.
actually it's an excellent point.
no, sounds like a pretty fucking terrible point to me. If I'm town or scum, I'm looking at the game they linked because perhaps A. there's an extenuating circumstance that makes this game and that game different, and B. I want to see if he's even correct in asserting the two games are noticeably different in the first place.
Personally I'm not concerned with zakk saying it at this point. I am concerned that ETL endorsed it though.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:55 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Can we get back to lynching zakk please
#freeShotty
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:42 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1883, copper223 wrote:
@mod: do we know if scum gets fake claims?
Nope!
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:42 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1890, zakk wrote:Going to bed but

Last few pages of notes include:

Town points for liger zero
Scum points for Nadia
Town points for expedience

And Cakez, for the love of not feeding the trolls can you please force replace kill the story?
He's not breaking any rules :/
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:44 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 1906, SirCakez wrote:He's not breaking any rules :/
Trolling a game is against the rules. In the reports options, trolling is one of the items to report against.
Art is cool.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:05 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1907, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 1906, SirCakez wrote:He's not breaking any rules :/
Trolling a game is against the rules. In the reports options, trolling is one of the items to report against.
True
I'll give him a private warning to try to clean up his act.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:33 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

MOD – I’ll be V/LA starting today at 5pm EDT until June 11th. I’ll be out of the country with limited access … how often I can check will be determined when I get there.

In post 1825, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Am I wrong? Did I miss the reaction? Why am I scum for this?
I already was finding your play scummy Shotty. You don’t seem actually interested in finding scum more in flitting to whatever situation is the current haps and making a trend scum assessment. The Egg post at a gut level strikes me as just that – Egg was for the first time getting some flack from players. You coast in and drop a naked vote. When answering about it you claim it was a reaction test.

But that doesn’t make sense if Egg’s ignoring of your singleton empty vote leaves you with no actual read to be drawn from it. Because that’s what I would have done in his boot – paid no attention to it. But this logical course of action by Egg gives you no read whatsoever. Almost as if it wasn’t an actual reaction test in the first place and you just fabricated that reasoning when questioned.

Which is exactly what I think you did and that’s scum behavior not Town behavior.

Additionally this is the sort of reaction I expect from Scum Shotty.
In post 1893, Nosferatu wrote:that's kind of shitty. If I'm not posting, any post I make is out of nowhere. Explain why finally posting in thread with a proper relevant opinion is "a clear agenda"?
No what’s shitty is not really posting in thread and then popping in with a pic reaction which wasn’t valid in the first place as Titus and others have pointed out and projecting some outrage when you are called on it.
In post 1894, copper223 wrote:LHF: Low hanging fruit, someone that looks scummy so you want to pick him (i.e. lynch him).
I’d say LHF should be defined as a relatively new account (and very likely unseasoned) that is possibly going to draw attention for possible lack of understanding of some aspects of site meta and for a general lack of reputation among other MS players.
In post 1835, Persivul wrote:You missed the big picture again - why would scum!pers choose to go up against town!Titus on D1? It makes absolutely no sense. You waved it off as wifom, which can be applied to 90% of this game.
See you keep going at this point again and again and I’ll point to your early encouraging of ETL and Titus being at odds as scum!Pers motivation. I’m currently Town to Townish reading both. You threw shade at their early interactions that looked like they were willing to work together. Strong Town players working together is a bad, bad thing for scum. And when they started to conflict you worked to drive the wedge in deeper to keep them on opposite sides of the fence, as it were.

But you seem to want to ignore that part of the gain and focus on the more recent events where you’ve been under fire and are trying to frame calling Titus scum at that juncture as the only place where motivation can be found.

Happy with my vote.
In post 1842, Titus wrote:Persivul, there's a trend towards stacking neighbors with additional PRs.
Yeah but in a Normal game I guessing the only additional abilities the Neighborhood will be stacked with are Factional. So making him claim he doesn’t have others is a pointless exercise to my thoughts.
In post 1867, Liger_Zero wrote:Ugh, I am a bit mixed on him.
Like I read his case on Persivul, it seemed reasonable, but that doesn't mean scum can't make a good case?
I might just not want to be lynch Persivul cause he is in my neighborhood.

I do say Zakk has good points. I just can't pinpoint why I think he is scum, even though some of his content is screaming town.
To many cases of him / his in this post. I can’t tell who you are mixed on (think it is Kill but not sure), whose case on Pers you like (is it Zakk?)

Either use quotes to add context to your posts or stop using pronouns. May feel awkward but it is very important to others being able to read and assess your slot.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:44 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1909, MagnaofIllusion wrote:See you keep going at this point again and again and I’ll point to your early encouraging of ETL and Titus being at odds as scum!Pers motivation. I’m currently Town to Townish reading both. You threw shade at their early interactions that looked like they were willing to work together.
Strong Town players working together is a bad, bad thing for scum.
And when they started to conflict you worked to drive the wedge in deeper to keep them on opposite sides of the fence, as it were.
Yes, and a strong scum player creating or infiltrating a town block is a bad, bad thing for town. That was and is my concern. Blocks that form organically over a period of days are good. Blocks that form out of little or nothing over a period of pages are suspicious. Strong town leadership can be a good thing, but leaders need to be vetted.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:44 am

Post by Lowell »

I'll be gone until Tuesday, so I have about 7 hours to cast my last vote of the day. As of now I'm fine with pers....reading back the last few pages zakk looks better and pers looks worse.

I sort of want to know what happened to the TBG wagon, though. Seems like he may have got out of a lynch by going MIA, a bad precedent. I don't see TKS's case on ETL, though I do have a strong townread on TKS. Titus has been fine, nahdia is still clear town to me. Also I'm sure there's other players but meh.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:46 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1867, Liger_Zero wrote:I might just not want to be lynch Persivul cause he is in my neighborhood.
With me dead and Magna VLA, you'll get to know copper really well. :D
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:19 am

Post by Shaziro »

Alright, I started skimming some more because deadlines are scary. I'm not a huge fan of how ETL jumped to defend the pattern in voting Titus claimed to see, it almost seemed like trying to bury that point, but I don't have a good way to see if the pattern applied to him because it'd involve looking at the timing on all the votes in the game and, to be honest, ew. That said, I don't like Persivul's "Well I knew there might be scum in the neighborhood, so I did this scummy thing -because- of the scum potential!" argument. It seems kinda poorly thought out, and while that could mean he just didn't think much about it when he decided to do it, I see it more as a somewhat twitchy reaction.

I also read Persivul's contradiction. I'm not convinced that wasn't a big flag by the "Oh, I meant to say town" thing. What kinda keyboard do you have where your o is near the c and the w is by the u?

As ETL pointed out, trying to keep ETL and Titus at odds is either scummy in game terms, or a bit of a rude strategy. I don't like it. Even if you think one is scum and you're trying to stop buddying, I think it'd be better to watch the interactions and see if it isn't scum coaching scum, right?

I think Shotty is worth looking into as well. Seems like at least by he's defending for Persivul, but trying to frame it as one of those "Oh I don't think so, I'm not convinced" kind of defenses. I pulled that one in a Skype Mafia game, it worked wonders when RC finally gave up on trying to argue it. I'd like to not see us get duped by it here.
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:20 am

Post by Shaziro »

Ohp. Meant to VOTE: Persivul
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:22 am

In post 1911, Lowell wrote:I'll be gone until Tuesday, so I have about 7 hours to cast my last vote of the day. As of now I'm fine with pers....reading back the last few pages
zakk looks better and pers looks worse.

I sort of want to know what happened to the TBG wagon, though. Seems like he may have got out of a lynch by going MIA, a bad precedent. I don't see TKS's case on ETL, though I do have a strong
townread on TKS
Titus has been fine, nahdia is still clear town to me
. Also I'm sure there's other players but meh.
I actually agree with all of these. Don't think that's ever happened before. Makes me feel more confident in my townread here,
though I will admit to wondering if it's because these reads are "groupthink" type reads that scum can easily fall in line with, to avoid standing out.

PARANOIA~~~~~
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:24 am

Shaziro also firmly town by every single post.
Art is cool.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:26 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1915, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:PARANOIA~~~~~
Fake town slip much? :P
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:27 am

Post by Persivul »

Shaziro is using pretty standard newbie analysis and is probably town.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:40 am

In post 1917, Persivul wrote:
I seriously can't wait to quote this in end-game. You are annoying me.

Die, scum, die.
Art is cool.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:51 am

Post by Persivul »

Reads on my current wagon:

ETL - scummy
Lowell - I've gone back and forth on this slot - null
Magna - null
Titus - another back and forth, but currently scummy
copper - lean town - what was your intent in naming the hood in ?
zakk - lean town
Expedience - town
shaz - town
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:55 am

Part of being a good player is the ability to be transparent. I include my thoughts so others can read my posts and know what I'm thinking, instead of guessing, or in your case, straight up making shit up to force a scumread.

p-edit: If you are actually town, I honestly don't even know what to say, other than, learn to play better. Your reads are all fucking backwards and wrong.
Art is cool.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:00 am

Post by Killthestory »

man now I have to play srs

k I'll do shit off mah mobile
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:05 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1919, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 1917, Persivul wrote:
I seriously can't wait to quote this in end-game. You are annoying me.

Die, scum, die.
It's my experience. In fact I was recently in a long mylo in which the scum noted his supposed paranoia a couple times (hi cakez!).
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:06 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1921, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:p-edit: If you are actually town, I honestly don't even know what to say, other than, learn to play better. Your reads are all fucking backwards and wrong.
Likewise. I'm flipping green.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”