Mini 1802: Paint Mafia Sequel - Game Over!

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:36 am

Post by Nahdia »

and I seriously don't care about speculating what the mod may or may not do or what mechanics may or may not exist in regards to her role. this is her town game, i'm pointing it out as such.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:36 am

Post by Nahdia »

i think beeboy is town for the logic posting tho, even though he's flagrantly missing the point.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:54 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 135, Thestatusquo wrote:Like part of what I don't like about your attack (although I'm less concerned about it than certain people on the wagon) is that it puts a burden on me that wasn't put on literally anyone else in the game. I was supposed to be serious and trying to sort out the game in my first and second posts? Literally no one does that in the current site meta. The fact that you singled me out over literally everyone else in the game who made random/jokey entrances into the game is really kind of strange.
that really doesn't have anything to do with it. people obviously don't take the game seriously right at the beginning, where there is no serious content. however, at the point where you came into the game, it was out of RVS, or at the very least there was serious content that you could read and judge which had nothing to do with mechanics (in my posts alone I was hinting at hiplop and Spiffeh being scum) - your focus felt really off because you didn't even try to sort through any of it, just snipe at what I suggested about the flip phase. if you had come in, joked around, and then tried to sort through reads, it would have been fine; you did not

claiming that "you're capable of being more involved as scum" is also irrelevant, because if you are scum here, I don't think you _realized_ how forced it looked; I think you thought "this looks like a good way to get involved" and posted it.
In post 135, Thestatusquo wrote:I disagree with you on the TBG thing. In my experience scum are more likely to search for reasons to call people town early on, because a) they are trying to not make enemies and b) they already know people are town and are thus more likely to call people town than town because town is unsure.
usually I'd agree with this. I liked this in particular though because he specifically called it a town slip. it's much harder to backtrack after calling something an outright town slip than just saying "X looks town", which is a stance that requires a lot less commitment.
In post 140, Thestatusquo wrote:ugh and the role fishing here too.

:/
what do you think Nina has to gain by "role fishing" there?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:00 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 144, Nahdia wrote:starting to get nervous about pieguyn... they seem to be proactively sorting but I keep coming out with the opposite perspective on events as them.
which reads do you disagree with and why?

I agree that the TSQ rolefishing argument is a bad one (I'm still unsorted on Nina ftr), but at this moment I don't think it's scum-indicative. some people always just call out "role fishing" whether someone actually has anything to gain from it or whether there's anything to lose by someone claiming what they're being asked for. I saw this in the last large theme I played and TSQ strikes me as someone who would do the same. I'm hoping I have more insight over this after he answers my question.

I'm not really satisfied with Nahdia coming in here and happening to push both TSQ and Nina as scum, though the rest of her catchup seems ok.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 153, pieguyn wrote:
In post 144, Nahdia wrote:starting to get nervous about pieguyn... they seem to be proactively sorting but I keep coming out with the opposite perspective on events as them.
which reads do you disagree with and why?
I didn't like the timing of your beeboy townread (i do townread him now but at the time you said he was town i had him as mixed vibes), and I didn't really like the TBG read. not saying that like, you were logically incorrect to have those reads. it's just, in my reading I kind of got the opposite impression from both of those situations

In post 153, pieguyn wrote:I'm not really satisfied with Nahdia coming in here and happening to push both TSQ and Nina as scum, though the rest of her catchup seems ok.
not so much pushing either as I am just giving my raw thoughts as i catch up. i don't really have anyone i really really wanna flip atm.

-Zaphkael, 2020
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:25 am

Post by hiplop »

replace me out, I'm too irritable to play with
third best scummer of all time
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:33 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 155, hiplop wrote:
um, what?

if this is in reference to me, that's not what I was trying to say at all. :/
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:34 am

Post by hiplop »

not you <3 I love most of the people in here. Someone has a problem with me is all.
third best scummer of all time
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:36 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 154, Nahdia wrote:I didn't like the timing of your beeboy townread (i do townread him now but at the time you said he was town i had him as mixed vibes), and I didn't really like the TBG read. not saying that like, you were logically incorrect to have those reads. it's just, in my reading I kind of got the opposite impression from both of those situations
can you elaborate more on the TBG read? also I can explain the beeboy read if you want.

p-edit: :<
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 158, pieguyn wrote:
In post 154, Nahdia wrote:I didn't like the timing of your beeboy townread (i do townread him now but at the time you said he was town i had him as mixed vibes), and I didn't really like the TBG read. not saying that like, you were logically incorrect to have those reads. it's just, in my reading I kind of got the opposite impression from both of those situations
can you elaborate more on the TBG read? also I can explain the beeboy read if you want.

p-edit: :<
there's... not much to elaborate on? the miller claim felt skeevy to me. that's just a gut feeling. his logic on beeboy "townslipping" felt like a really huge stretch. i agree with your point that scum isn't likely to point out townslips especially so early, but i don't think it was a townslip and i think the logic he employed as possibly disingenuous. ie he was trying to just have a read and came up with something wild.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:59 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 145, beeboy wrote:Like TSQ said earlier this game we are just doing arbitrary actions right now so none of his flailing really matters and we should still flip him.
-not caring about finding scum: check.
-well poisoning: check.
-being a condescending asshole: check.
-doing nothing to help town: check.

cool. beeboy is still the same person.

nothing to see here. Pie, I want to go more in depth on some of the things you've said so I think its going to take a moment to get to you. I'm not ignoring you though.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:04 am

Post by beeboy »

In post 160, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 145, beeboy wrote:Like TSQ said earlier this game we are just doing arbitrary actions right now so none of his flailing really matters and we should still flip him.
-not caring about finding scum: check.
-well poisoning: check.
-being a condescending asshole: check.
-doing nothing to help town: check.

cool. beeboy is still the same person.

nothing to see here. Pie, I want to go more in depth on some of the things you've said so I think its going to take a moment to get to you. I'm not ignoring you though.
k
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:07 am

Post by lalaladucks »

gonna be
v/la
for the next day or so b/c got my next exam in 23 HOURS and 54 MINUTES and needa study and have chosen supp viewing as my procrastination method over mafia but bbs :]
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:52 am

Post by beeboy »

I have an explanation for my scum read but TSQ is too childish to be worth playing with it seems.

@mod replace me out
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 155, hiplop wrote:
In post 163, beeboy wrote:I have an explanation for my scum read but TSQ is too childish to be worth playing with it seems.

@mod replace me out
:( :( :(
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 129, Nina Williams wrote:tehbrawlguy: is your miller ability related to your color?

About TSQ: the action is scummy, that's all I care about right now. If I am wrong, please correct me.

About Spiffeh: You are correct. I think my brain made some crazy twist there. But hey, at least I can have you as a townread for pointing out my own mistake. But if you really think I would make a fabricated reads list, calling a partner scum and forgetting to list him as a scumread, I would be disappointed.
Correct. It's color-miller specifically - I just said miller because I assumed there are no alignment-cops given the whole color mechanic.

All scum have to fabricate a reads list. It's absolutely not out of the question that you scumslipped or that you originally had Spiffeh as Scum, changed your mind on calling him out, then accidentally left that part in.
Either way, you definitely made a mistake. The question is if that's town!nina making it for no reason, or scum!nina making it for a very good reason, and obviously I think it's the latter.
In post 130, Nina Williams wrote:Also, why did you not address beeboy, who was the first person to vote?
Because of my aforementioned Town read on him. I think there's Scum on TSQWagon, I don't think it's beeboy.
In post 132, pieguyn wrote:
In post 128, TehBrawlGuy wrote:Explain to me why you think this is TSQ!scum rather than just TSQ being TSQ?
regardless of who it is, I would expect a town player to... post reads... or ask questions... or do literally anything at all to sort people, rather than what TSQ did. what he did was pop in, make one vague snipe at me, and then do absolutely nothing else. it isn't productive and it isn't a town entrance; it is fairly standard for scum to just sit and vaguely snipe at things when they aren't sure what to comment on and want to look like they're doing things.

do you have meta that suggests this is usual for TSQ, or?
Yeah. I read through some games a while back + discussion threads, and I think this is TSQ's normal posting. Grain of salt, though, I've not actually played with him.
In post 136, Thestatusquo wrote: there are parts of it that are off (i.e. specific players on it), but for the most part it feels like a pretty normal wagon that happens early on day ones. Is it just nina that feels off to you about is there something about the wagon in particular?
Both. It's a speedwagon on someone I don't think did much scummy, which just feels bad, and I think Nina's scummy on her own merits anyway.
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:48 pm

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

also, what the fuck is wrong with this site and how many people replace out?

wait like two days irl, if you still want to /out then /out

i'm sick of playing in games with slots that are revolving doors
I don't have anything to put here because my normal signature is images. Weeeeee.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:49 pm

Post by Ranger »

Blah. I need to do a read reset. Hold please. (But actually, don't hold, keep going.)
beeboy wrote:If she seriously claims she is going to be mod confirmed later today she is going to sort herself it is that simple and specing her alignment is irrelevant as a result.
I said I'd be mod confirmed at some time
after
D1. Not on D1.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:15 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Ugh. My tendency to scum read dickishness is prolly not gonna help me RN.

Liking pie for town,
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:17 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Sorry, gonna read this soon
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

TheDominator37 replaces in for hiplop.
Dwlee99 replaces in for beeboy.

Welcome and thank you muchly to both of them!
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by Ranger »

No offense to you two, but I <3 hiplop and beeboy enough that I wish they were still in. :(
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:55 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

oh god
dominator
it's on :cool:

And yea I love beeboy too <3

Btw this is just an ego post so I can actually have it come up in my ego search, I will probably actually read the game cause there are only 7 pages to catch up.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »