MechaGoomba
MechaGoomba
Goon
MechaGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:41 am

Post by MechaGoomba »

In post 586, karnos wrote:Also: : LAMIST.
Okay, if it was warning L-3 or L-2, I could see that. If it was warning L-1 soon after a vote count, maybe. But marking L-1 when vote counts are sparse and multiple people are rereading rather than following along? Really?
In post 586, karnos wrote:Of course, by saying this I might just push him to quickhammer me. I honestly hope I am wrong, I hope an actual town player is on my side here, but knowing I might get lynched in the near future I'd rather out this theory now rather than wait.
Even when about to be lynched, when you have your last chance to contribute to town, you're still so cautious!
You're not saying "These people are the scum, lynch them tomorrow." You're saying "OK, you asked for reads? Here are reads."
Above all, that's what I really don't like. When you have a chance to contribute, you equivocate, but you are willing to reiterate your flimsy defences as much as you need to.
In post 597, Wingback wrote: Scum rarely push back against one of the only people defending them when almost everyone else is against them. They'd be ecstatic about having an ally.
Do you believe Karnos would expect that your defense would be able to get the lynch off of him? If yes, why? If no, then why would he care whether you defended him or not?

@GreyICE: Apparently the votecounter registered Mathblade's vote for karnos as for Wingback because they capitalized the first letter?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

VOTE: karnos

Still reading at work no time to do a decent reply will get to it later tonight.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:53 am

Post by Wingback »

In post 601, MechaGoomba wrote:Do you believe Karnos would expect that your defense would be able to get the lynch off of him? If yes, why? If no, then why would he care whether you defended him or not?
I think that's up in the air. Maybe I succeed. Maybe I fail. But I'm still his last hope and burning that bridge isn't something scum would want to do but does make a lot of sense if he's town.
MechaGoomba
MechaGoomba
Goon
MechaGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:49 am

Post by MechaGoomba »

Wingback wrote:I'm still his last hope [...]
Last hope to survive, maybe, but not last hope to win. His last hope to win is his teammates, and, as scum, he'd want to be throwing around as much WIFOM and confusion as possible in order to provide a smokescreen for the remaining scum.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Greetings. I haven't been following this game at all and only replaced in because GreyIce is a cool guy and I wanted to help him out.

As stated I'll be V/LA with tons of Father's Day stuff to do this weekend. Probably will be Monday til I can get a full read and catchup in. Luckily the thread is pretty short.

UNVOTE: Whoever I am voting
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Still rereading long day at work and have to work weekend. Will find time over it though.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by Dierfire »

Something feels strange to me here and I'm not exactly certain what it is.

Plan: I should be able to address now some questions that others had for me, and then I'll try to work through this feeling (most likely tomorrow).
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:26 pm

Post by Dierfire »

@Wingback
In post 569, Wingback wrote:@Dierfire, what made you abandon the push on Kappy and vote Karnos? Qubixes's case was there for a very long time. Why did you only now decide to verify Karnos's meta and put down a vote?

More than Dierfire's vote, I'm far more interested in what Mathblade thought was so awesome about Dier's . "
It seems spot on. Looks like they are trying to figure out the game and analyze things
" is an odd way to describe a post where Dierfire agrees with qubixes and sheeps him.
I thought that I'd telegraphed my vote on karnos--since my question in (responding to his ) I have been suspicious of the way that karnos seemed to be looking at a very superficial level for things that could be characterized as suspicious rather than trying to determine whether those things actually come from a Mafia mindset. At the very least, I think that my and should have given an indication of where I was going, and should weigh against your characterization of my vote.
To the question of why I only now got around to looking into those games, I can only answer that it seemed lower priority than some of the other things that I've been doing. I've had "check into those games" on my list of things to do for a little while now (I mentioned it in , so it must have been on my radar at that point, although at some point I noted that I wanted to review the case presented by qubixes in specifically), but I didn't get around to it earlier.
Finally, I'm not abandoning my read on Kappy. He's done nothing to improve my read on him (and it frustrates me that he hasn't found time to actually read and respond to my questions), but I can only vote for one player and my read on karnos certainly deserves a vote.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:26 pm

Post by Dierfire »

@Masquerade
In post 593, Masquerade wrote:@Dierfire: What exactly in my post are you not agreeing with?
I disagree with your assessment of by karnos (in your ). I don't believe that his action (asking other players to speculate about which other players would be Mafia if he is) is particularly unlikely to come from a Mafia player for the reasons that I listed.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:32 pm

Post by Dierfire »

UNVOTE: karnos

I've changed my mind; we still have many players catching up, and I don't feel that I have a good handle on what's going on in the last few pages. I'm not ready for claims/lynches at this point.

Expect my return within 24 hours.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:44 pm

Post by Masquerade »

Sorry guys, I should have announced this but I'm going away today and tomorrow is father' day so will be spending that with my parents for a big part. Another big part is sleep.. I'll try to post tonight if I'm cohesive but I'm not sure (depends on whether I'm the DD)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 475, karnos wrote:I'm not going to keep banging my head into the wall to make a point, if you want to lynch me go ahead. As long as the scum who started this wagon on me get lynch in the following days, I'll consider it a fair trade.
Still rereading the thread but the more I thing about it Wingback is almost certainly derp town. Still don't like Masquerade and don't like Dierfire either now or the species/Magnos slot.

Karnos isn't even consistent in his defeatist statements.
He voted a fucking town read who the hell does that as town? Like what?
586 actual town player was this a slip? This made me re-evaluate my Wingback read into derp town. No town says actual town. 586 IMHO comes from a place of knowledge.

I also don't like Dierfire's pedal back after that post. That is sketchy as hell. Who retreats after someone says "actual town"? Not ready for claims/lynches on your top scum read is bullshit. If they aren't your top scumread anymore say so and who is. If you are unsure of who your top scumread is say that. But this is fucking sketch.

Combining that with the prior defeatist posts puts a big FoS on Dierfire especially the one quoted.

I believe we have caught scum in Karnos and now scum are scrambling to find any sort of lynch and revitalize it. Do not let that happen. We should be lynching Karnos today.
MechaGoomba
MechaGoomba
Goon
MechaGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:03 am

Post by MechaGoomba »

In post 612, MathBlade wrote: He voted a fucking town read who the hell does that as town? Like what?
This. So much this.

If we had quicklynched karnos after I wouldn't have batted an eye.
I mean, "I voted the guy I was townreading as a reaction test" is up there with "Yeah I fakeclaimed a cop guilty, but I was really sure the guy was mafia."

People - a lot of people - were scumreading karnos even before 499, and now nobody's bothering to mention anything but it.
Even if you believe karnos's explanation for that ridiculous gambit, he is still scummy for a multitude of other reasons! But you have people that are actually using the ridiculous gambit as a reason to townread him.

I understand that a lot of people, replacing in, are getting overwhelmed by this argument. I get it. There's not actually much of use in the last few pages.
The pre-499 part of karnos's ISO is probably the most important thing to look at, actually. 499 is important, but it's just the clincher at the end of a long string of scumminess.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

@Mecha -- Assuming Karnos is scum, who do you think is scum with him?
Kappy
Kappy
Goon
Kappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:22 am

Post by Kappy »

In post 614, MathBlade wrote:@Mecha -- Assuming Karnos is scum, who do you think is scum with him?
I know this question isn't for me, but I feel that if karnos is scum, he has done a good job avoiding implicating his scum partner. I have no idea who it might be.
Kappy
Kappy
Goon
Kappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:11 am

Post by Kappy »

@Mod: I will be V/LA 6/20 to 6/24
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:15 am

Post by karnos »

In post 601, MechaGoomba wrote: Even when about to be lynched, when you have your last chance to contribute to town, you're still so cautious!
You're not saying "These people are the scum, lynch them tomorrow." You're saying "OK, you asked for reads? Here are reads."
Above all, that's what I really don't like. When you have a chance to contribute, you equivocate, but you are willing to reiterate your flimsy defences as much as you need to.
WTF dude. Being at L-1 doesn't grant super-cop capability to detect all the scum. What I know comes from the reads I have made in the thread. is my best guesses. If I just wanted to live, maybe I could stomach lying like you think I should and say X is obviously scum lynch them tomorrow, but I have to be honest. I don't know who is definite scum, best I can give are my reads and opinions. I don't want to be lynched, but I'm not going to insist on a lynch of someone I am not 100% sure about. Read 586- pick one of the suspected scum talk about it and lynch the right one. I can't tell you who is absolutely scum because I don't know.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:20 am

Post by karnos »

In post 613, MechaGoomba wrote:
In post 612, MathBlade wrote: He voted a fucking town read who the hell does that as town? Like what?
This. So much this.
I mean, "I voted the guy I was townreading as a reaction test" is up there with "Yeah I fakeclaimed a cop guilty, but I was really sure the guy was mafia."
Really? I find it really strange that you would say this.

He was reaction testing. He never scumread you: your contradiction just gave him a platform to reaction test.
Therefore, he never believed sloppiness was scummy. No contradiction exists.

(You could argue that this is deception and therefore scummy, but reaction testing like that is a well-known strategy for town, and, well, it worked here. He sorted you as town.)

Sound familiar at all? That was YOU. In you indicated that deception, voting, & reaction testing is all kosher and well known town strategy. Now you are claiming town would never use it? WTF dude?

It's obvious what I missed, and I'm sorry to out you, but you are obviously a mason. There is no other way you could spew so much contrary BS without being scum-read by more players than me. I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier, but I am not sorry for outing you: you forced me into a corner and I am not going to let me lynch you because it's your fault that your mason game makes you look scummy as all hell. Obviously, deny, don't confirm the claim, but now that I know I realize why pushing and voting you made me look like scum. You are the one making the huge contradictory posts, not me. I've never said that town never lie, or town never vote town reads. I have been consistent and honest, you haven't.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:26 am

Post by karnos »

In post 612, MathBlade wrote: Who retreats after someone says "actual town"? Not ready for claims/lynches on your top scum read is bullshit. If they aren't your top scumread anymore say so and who is. If you are unsure of who your top scumread is say that. But this is fucking sketch.

Combining that with the prior defeatist posts puts a big FoS on Dierfire especially the one quoted.

I believe we have caught scum in Karnos and now scum are scrambling to find any sort of lynch and revitalize it. Do not let that happen. We should be lynching Karnos today.
Is that really an argument? I was pretty sure you would double-down after my read of you as scum, but "actual town" is a scum tell?

There you go Mecha, there is the scum. Trying to pushing the lynch through on Father's day weekend when a lot of players won't even be around to chime in.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:37 am

Post by karnos »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: MathBlade

Although, if I am actually wrong about MechaGoomba, I'd be voting him right back.
MechaGoomba
MechaGoomba
Goon
MechaGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:10 am

Post by MechaGoomba »

karnos wrote: WTF dude. Being at L-1 doesn't grant super-cop capability to detect all the scum. [...] I don't know who is definite scum, best I can give are my reads and opinions. [...] I'm not going to insist on a lynch of someone I am not 100% sure about. [...] I can't tell you who is absolutely scum because I don't know.
"You're still being too cautious and this doesn't fit your townplay." "But how can I know for certain anyone is 100% sure to be scum!"
You're kind of proving my point there. If you really needed someone to be 100% scum, you'd never vote for anyone ever, because everything leaves some uncertainty. Even cops have godfathers to deal with.
If you knew the people you were voting for were 100% town on account of being scum yourself, on the other hand ...
In post 618, karnos wrote:In you indicated that deception, voting, & reaction testing is all kosher and well known town strategy.
In post 547, MechaGoomba wrote: Look at how I was dealing with Chumba if you want an example of a proper reaction test.
Differences: I applied actual pressure, I finished the assessment quickly rather than letting it drag on, I explained what I was doing as soon as I finished testing, I
didn't lie
(I was actually scumreading Chumba at the time, just changed my read after the reaction), and I was doing it during the early stages of the game where it would actually be useful (because once the early stages are over, discussion is much better at getting information than reaction testing).
Most of that applies to Persivul as well.
In post 618, karnos wrote:It's obvious what I missed, and I'm sorry to out you, but you are obviously a mason. There is no other way you could spew so much contrary BS without being scum-read by more players than me.
You see that there are a bunch of people that seem to be buddying me, ignoring my "contradictory BS" and pushing my wagons. Their goal seems to be to get you lynched, and since (assuming you're town) you know you're town, this would be a mislynch.
Why would you ever assume "they're masons" and not "they're scum"?

PS: I'm not a mason.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

Wtf Karnos!

1) This is scum and needs to die.
2) Mecha may or may not be a mason I don't know but you sure as hell don't give any ideas to scum.
3) No matter what you claim I don't believe you and you're just making shit up to save your own ass.
4) Today has been OMGUS weekly. Scum are trying to start a counter wagon on me. Don't let them.
5) Karnos would not be a NK target because he is scummy as fuck.
6) "Actual town" This means Karnos thinks there is such a thing as "fake town".
7) I will post my arguments whenever I damn well please. I don't give a shit what day of the week it is. I play when I want and others play when they want. I want scum lynched today and you are not sneaking out of this.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:13 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 614, MathBlade wrote:@Mecha -- Assuming Karnos is scum, who do you think is scum with him?
Did you see this Mecha?
MechaGoomba
MechaGoomba
Goon
MechaGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:19 am

Post by MechaGoomba »

I have the entire nightphase to figure such things out and so really don't want to waste time with preflip associatives, but if I absolutely had to pick someone, I'd go with either Kappy or maybe Dierfire.

Also, I find it really strange that karnos has been going "you're scummy and terrible and we should lynch you for all these blatant contradictions" and such, and then as soon as MathBlade shows up and starts 1) voting for him and 2) not looking super town, karnos suddenly hypertownreads me with a flimsy mason explanation and then tries to get me to jump onto MathBlade. Not really seeing the read progression there.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”