Open 647: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:24 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

In post 124, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 123, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 121, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 120, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 118, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 117, MURDERCAT wrote:On another site?

Also, are you an alt?
Another site. Not an alt, he brought me over here.
Penguin wanna waddle over to the podo wagon?
Ninja Penguins don't waddle...we...sashay, sneakily.

And, I'm leaning over the fence to the point of falling, but I want to hear from karnos first.
You jump over water?
We capriole.
:)
btw someone needs to fix tiger theme it's broken
#freeShotty
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 87, Smithereens wrote:
In post 84, SirCakez wrote:
In post 62, Smithereens wrote:Imo Maruchan did well to get this game rolling. You could at the very least be a tad grateful. I dislike Sircakez calling it a big ball of fluff when literally it's one of the only posts made thus far that has attempted to progress the game. Why is Maruchan a big ball of fluff but nobody else is?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: SirCakez
It was fluffy because it was all a big fencesit. It didn't really progress the game at all and I'm not sure why you think it did.
DixC's vote on Shotty for the dog story was really terrible as well.
Look closely, it generated a lot of material, asked questions to multiple players and contained a sufficient amount of things you could have taken issue with. Instead you chose to take issue with the fact that his post on the whole didn't condemn any one player...

It's a bit tall of an order for RVS in a game as slow as this don't you think?
Did it though? The only discussion and material I saw generated from it was the scumreads on Maru from it....
Spoiler:
In post 98, Maruchan wrote:
In post 36, MURDERCAT wrote:What's pinging me about is that I'm being talked to in a way (tone wise) that usually only comes about when someone has a strong town read on me later in the game. There's of course no way to know I'm town yet, unless you are scum. I also don't like the "it's a really good catch" part (feels like a buddy) but then saying it's not worthy of a vote. But then unless you give content he's highly inclined to vote. It feels like he doesn't have a real opinion, but he's trying to make it seem like he does.
I'm goign to jsut break this donw bit by bit.

1. Tone. You can gauge tone over internet? Have you gotten in contact with all the famous things like Ripley's Giuness, etc (IDK how to spell them)? Might be able to sell this skill as an oddity.

Real number 1 now that the sarcasm is over: You decided that I was acting like I had a town read on you, based off of me explaining something? Like are you for real? No. I don't have a read on anyone. I suck at reads. Over analyzing and making cases and arguments I'm good at. Implying that because I overtly explained a concept to you, means i have subconsciously labeled you as town, is just dumb. Whats even dumber is to do so "based on past experience" when that past experience is with complete random other people that aren't me. I like to be able to communicate/explain/teach. I enjoy the feeling that something i expanded up[on helps someoen else understand something better. Period. real life, mafia, good/bad guy, whatever. Thats a personality trait. Deal with it.

2. Saying pointing out someone's good catch's is buddying. So we're all independently scummhunting here? there's no group cohesion?
Mod go ahead and close the topic, we don't need it anymore. We can scumhunt without the rest of these fools, on our own. That whole group-process to finding scum is overhyped apparently
(I guess I wasn't done with the sarcasm). Pointing out that you didn't notice something, that someone else did, and that you agree with it, encourages more content from them. It's a concept called positive reinforcement. Think of potty training a dog. I'll give three examples that are the most similar to ways I could have reacted to someone else posting good content. So, I have a new dog I'm trying to pottytrain. he goes pee in the house. Lets take option 1. Ignore it and not give positive or negative reinforcement. He has no lesson to learn one way or the other as I haven't given him a lesson. He continues to pee in the house. He pees outside. We take Option 1 again and not give a positive or negative reaction. He never gets pottytrained nad he keeps peeing inside and outside, both good and bad actions, and he never becomes a better dog. Skip to option 2. He pees inside. You scold him. You punish him. You've negatively reinforced the behavior. He goes pee outside, no reaction. He's confused. He knows you DON'T want him peeing inside, but doesn't know that you DO want him peeing outside. Maybe he thinks he just cant pee in that room, and he tries another room, still a bad action. eventually by process of elimination, he will learn that the only thing that is not negatively-reinforced is the outside. the one good option. this takes forever. Skip to option 3. He goes pee inside. You do nothing. he doesn't stop peeing inside, no lesson learned. he pees outside. you give him a treat. he goes ecstatic over that treat and wants to learn how to get more. he goes pee inside again and gets no treat. he gets a treat when he goes pee outside. OH SHIT. He's just learned the quickest way to get treats is to pee outside, and he IMMEDIATELY ceases peeing inside, because he wants fuckin treats yo! You've just pottytraiend your dog.

of coruse the most efficient way is to combine postive and negative reinforcement to back each other up, BUT IF YO UCOULD ONLY postive OR ignore OR negative, the best thign is to positive.

same thing to player participation in a game. You keep telling them they are doing the right thing, you appreciate their efforts, you want them to continue trying, you'll get good engaged, players who actively try to scumhunt.
you just keep telling them when they are wrong, they get apathetic, they lurkmoar, they proddodge, they resent you, the game stagnantes.

I think telling someone they made a Good!Post, is the best option here yeah? Not buddying. Encouraging pro-town behavior.

3. Not worthy of a vote. This is fucking Page 1, Day 1, less then 10 posts into the game, random voting/question stage. NO CONTENT here is usually EVER worthy of a Serious!Vote, this early. I was not willing to make the irst Serious!Vote of the game, based of this little.

You have no qualms, you mate the first Serious!Vote of the game, on me, for over-analyzing something. While your justification is misguided, your willingness to stick your neck out earns townie points. good job. Now just try to annoy me less when you earn your towny points and we'll get along just fine.

4. I didn't have a really good opinion. I wasn't trying to seem like I was. I apologize if you got that impression. I was merely trying to expand on a point that was only briefly made, to more publicly cement that point into the collective group psych, so as to ensure it stuck, and wasn't glossed over. Later, based on podoboq's future actions, this point is either 100% null, or can back up a pattern of future scummy behavior.

Glad to see my inherent personalty quirks continue to get me scumread out the gate. Go take a quick meta on the playerslots in my most recent 2-3 games, and tell me you see any difference in the play of my first post here than in those, and then take a look at what roles i flipped in them.

I love how you and SirCakez are pinging on me for "trying to appear to do something when not actually doing anything" when that's exactly what we were pinging on podoboq about. -.-

Literally #62 and #63 stopped me from frustration replacing out after #60 and my last game I played. I'm sick of people getting on me for over-explaining stuff, when that's just my fucking personality

Ranger wtf is your #64-#66, I don't even understand. You did that same shit last game and i never fucking understood wtf you were doing

@Murdercat #95, proddign someone to respond to your post, when they have yet to post after it is stupid. They likely haven't read your post yet. Take al ook at their "Last Online" on their profile.

Or meta me in any game for the past 3 years, and learn I'm in the Navy and have a hectic schedule, and if you read an older game you'd know we go underway often where I only get internet during Evening hours, and if you read a recent game you'd know I'm on deployment right now, which is permanently underway, with internet only during evening hours. I literally cannot respond to your post any quicker.

be assured, I do read each and every post, and I do make massive wall-style catchups to every post since my last post. I just take awhile to do it. If i don't respond to a specific line of inquiry, AFTER I make my post, fee lfree to ping me on it.

Good god
Before I proceed analyzing this - Maru do you normally make a lot of walls?
In post 101, podoboq wrote:@post 98

UNVOTE:

Those are all really damn good points, and more importantly, exactly the response I would expect from town. In my experience, scum tends to worry about showing that something got under their skin. Not so here.
And this unvote looks scummy. It looks like he realized he was in way over his head after Maru's gigantic wall and wanted to disengage. Nothing in that wall is something I think ONLY town would do.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by podoboq »

Alright, let's do this.
In post 98, Maruchan wrote:Real number 1 now that the sarcasm is over: You decided that I was acting like I had a town read on you, based off of me explaining something? Like are you for real? No. I don't have a read on anyone. I suck at reads. Over analyzing and making cases and arguments I'm good at. Implying that because I overtly explained a concept to you, means i have subconsciously labeled you as town, is just dumb.
This is a good point. Murdercat thought it looked like Maru was townreading them, and he wasn't. He was just being overly explanatory, which has been a trend. I saw this explanation as consistent with the other things from Maru, and it struck as true.

Also in here, self awareness to say that you suck at reads is something that I respect. I think self deprecation is more common from town.
In post 98, Maruchan wrote:2. Saying pointing out someone's good catch's is buddying. So we're all independently scummhunting here?
Maru was right to point this out. It didn't look like buddying when I saw it originally. In the early game, finding other townies and building a small circle of trust is a good thing, not buddying. He elaborate on this point way too long, weaving in a convoluted analogy, but this is, again, a trend. It looks like a townie playing their normal game to me, not cornered scum.
In post 98, Maruchan wrote:3. Not worthy of a vote. This is fucking Page 1, Day 1, less then 10 posts into the game, random voting/question stage. NO CONTENT here is usually EVER worthy of a Serious!Vote, this early. I was not willing to make the first Serious!Vote of the game, based of this little.
He's being accused of fence-sitting basically just because he didn't vote for me. But there's a damn good reason he didn't vote for me, and I think it's valid. He still put pressure on me, by making me justify why I wanted to see the previous thread, and that's something that town does. If he were scum, he wouldn't have challenged me to show my work to prove my intentions.
In post 98, Maruchan wrote:4. I didn't have a really good opinion. I wasn't trying to seem like I was. I apologize if you got that impression. I was merely trying to expand on a point that was only briefly made, to more publicly cement that point into the collective group psych, so as to ensure it stuck, and wasn't glossed over.
We were early in the game, and Maru went into great detail on a small point because it was basically the biggest thing to look at at the time. Again, this just looks consistent. Seeing this wall, that kind of just came out of nowhere, it justifies why he went into such detail on his earlier point.

I think these are good point. I also think the way they were presented (albeit over the top) is towny as hell. Scum doesn't want to draw attention to themselves, and I don't think they're heavily incentivized to be this over the top. Maru could have brushed off the votes with a lot fewer words, but didn't, because he wanted to be understood, and felt like he wasn't. I sympathize with that, and I read it as towny.

Cakez, my last game's experience with you has shaken my confidence in my reads, so if I'm wrong here, so be it. But I read Maru as town, and unvoted him. I hope I've thoroughly explained my reasoning as to why. If you don't agree with my reasoning, then that's one thing, but it's there. I'm not making up excuses for my unvote.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:04 pm

Post by Smithereens »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: podoboq
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:53 pm

Post by karnos »

In post 116, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 115, MURDERCAT wrote:Mind explaining the Karnos read a bit more if you are sticking to it?
Out of the more than 20 games I've played with him previously, he is only ever this quiet when he is scum. I'd like to hear from in before changing my vote.
Only because it's you asking, I'll give a detailed response.

Spoiler: for Penguins
- The game started slow. It's hard to post a lot of responses when there isn't anything serious to respond to, even the mod commented on how the game had a very slow start.

- I'm playing in 3 other games at the same time. When we played previously, it was only ever one game at a time, so it had my full time devoted to a single game.

- I was specifically delaying my next entry to the thread because I wanted to see what came of my last post, if anything. The reaction from voting SirCakez can give some useful information. Unfortunately there was no reaction at all from him regarding my post, so that doesn't really indicate much of anything to me.

- Tuesdays include my weekly IT meeting, so today was particularly busy at where, where I would typically have the most time to post.

- Compared to our prior games, I know the pace is a bit slower here, so I don't feel compelled to post as often every single day.

That said, the thread did pick up some today, while I was busy at work, and I have reason to change my vote.

Penguin: Welcome to the forums!

podoboq: does sounds scummy to me. Potentially voting this in the near future if his next few posts don't convince me otherwise.

Maruchan: I want to vote you just because your posts are hard to read. Can you try to be a little more concise? And weirdly, reading podobog defend you while analyzing your last posts makes me like your posts even less. I really don't like your point 3 in : votes are free, and a vote or even a couple votes at this point isn't going to kill anyone. If nothing else, they provide useful pressure and can drive discussion.

Aneninen: MIA. Post more.

Okay, it's the near future. Nothing else jumps out at me, so...

That is 5, folks.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:41 pm

Post by davesaz »

Official Vote Count

podoboq
(5): Chip Butty, drmyshottyizsik, MURDERCAT, Smithereens, karnos
karnos
(2): PenguinPower, podoboq
drmyshottyizsik
(1): DixC
Aneninen
(1): Maruchan
Ranger
(1): Aneninen
Maruchan
(1): SirCakez

Not Voting
(2): Ranger, Transcend

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-07-02 13:00:32)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:59 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Some work, then I'm posting.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:55 pm

Post by Ranger »

podoboq wrote:I would like to know why you seem to have me in the definitely scum tier and why karnos seems to be chilling in the definitely town tier.
I don't recall making a statement like this!
Murdercat wrote:(Inb4 you say "yes" and nothing else)
Yes. :P
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:57 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 75, Smithereens wrote:Why don't you vote SirCakez Chip? Your vote is still RVS and you've brought up some relatively good reasons to be voting elsewhere..
In post 128, Smithereens wrote:UNVOTE:
Why the change? Jumping onto a convenient wagon?
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:59 pm

Post by Chip Butty »

Incidentally, when Smithereens posted #75, my vote was already on podo. So he's asking me there to take my vote off podo, and then later votes podo himself, with no explanation.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:40 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Fair enough response to tilt me over the fence.

UNVOTE:
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:42 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

L-1

We are either all on scum or there's scum on the wagon. So let's figure out if podo is legit scum or if some of the votes look sketchy.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:22 am

Post by karnos »

Yeah, that wagon was pretty damn fast, there is probably scum pushing it.

All the same , I want to see podoboq's response before I consider change my vote.
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:24 am

Post by Smithereens »

My vote looks sketchy~~

I had an irresistible urge to just lynch a fucker, I'm not gonna lie to you :3 I'm awful.

There's still time to unvote him and lynch someone else though... ;)
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:25 am

UNVOTE:

woah, l-1 legit on page 6? No no no, I'm not saying podo isn't scum but it seems more likely that this is a scum driven wagon. Could be both.

p-edit,
that post looked worse than your vote
#freeShotty
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:26 am

Post by Smithereens »

interestinggg.....
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:27 am

Post by Smithereens »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: drmyshottyizsik

well I'm happy with this.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:33 am

In post 141, Smithereens wrote:UNVOTE:

well I'm happy with this.
Why, being happy isn't reasoning.
#freeShotty
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:34 am

Post by Smithereens »

"woah, l-1 legit on page 6? No no no, I'm not saying podo isn't scum but it seems more likely that this is a scum driven wagon. Could be both."

if this isn't a guilty mindset that betrays you already knew you were voting a townie, Idk what is.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:38 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Disagree
Smithereens
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Smithereens
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:40 am

Post by Smithereens »

Feel free.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:42 am

Post by karnos »

Come on shotty. You could have kept him at L-1 for a nice valuable reaction, instead you immediately let off the pressure.

Why? Did you really think someone would hammer without intent? Or were you busing, and you didn't want to actually see the lynch carried through?

I don't like this attitude that L-1 is a death sentence. Nobody is going to hammer, except maybe scum or someone totally clueless. If scum, we lynch them tomorrow. If clueless, that is just bad luck, town can't succeed with players who aren't even trying. A great opportunity for valuable information compromised because of a quick unvote.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:46 am

It's not bad luck if someone had the opportunity to unvote karnos. You seem really eager right now.
#freeShotty
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:46 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Why do I feel like I have deja vu.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:48 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

I think smithereens looks not so good right now.

Return to “Completed Open Games”