Newbie 1717: Newbies Through the Looking Glass (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

You're just sheeping my votes and not scumhunting independently.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:31 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I just want to say for the record Accountant refusing to engage me at all is pretty shameful.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 825, RadiantCowbells wrote:You're just sheeping my votes and not scumhunting independently.
Because I think it's Lycan/Blank so I don't care which one gets voted up.
Yesterday my lynchpool was Accountant/Lycan/Blank and I was scumreading Accountant for a lot of the same reasons as you gave in your case so that's why I went there.
If you want to know about any of my townreads I'm happy to explain them.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:55 pm

Post by Simoyd »

In post 826, RadiantCowbells wrote:I just want to say for the record Accountant refusing to engage me at all is pretty shameful.
I'm with you on that one. It's like he quit half way through the game when you finally stepped in...
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by Simoyd »

Spoiler: For Blank
In post 440, BlankFace wrote:Don’t like Simoyd’s slot so far. Didn’t really show up until page 3, and it was a flurry of fluff with absolutely no pressure behind it. Doesn’t feel like scumhuning, just active lurking.
You're an SE so you should know that 6 hours is hardly lurking. This has nothing to do with that the read is on me, just that you picked this out of the other things that happened.
In post 440, BlankFace wrote:Accountant is town as hell, Lycan is a bit behind her.
accountant is town as hell? I don't know how accountant normally plays, but I know I'm not the only one who was shocked when she said she hadn't done a reaction test the whole game. Lycan is town so early? Most had him as null at the time. This confuses me because it's inconsistent with everyone. Makes me think there's a motivation for the difference...
In post 597, BlankFace wrote:I can’t say that I would call that tunneling just yet, especially when half of the other players haven’t even got a word in.
You think I was lurking for not posting, then you think it's inappropriate to declare tunneling because other people hadn't posted much? How does this make sense?

responses I already made to your confusingness: , ,

At the top of you say you slightly like me, list one reason to like me, then half a dozen reasons why you think I'm suspicious. Why not "this post from simoyd is good, but the rest is crap" or something similar? This just sounds forced.

just ignores what I said. Not sure what you're talking about here or why it matters...
In post 664, BlankFace wrote:Accountant and Simoyd are at the top right now
considering how hard I pushed him (even at the point you read) this makes no sense. We couldn't both be scum.
In post 664, BlankFace wrote:I'm also incredibly drunk right now
and you have a job interview, and you start a new job soon. I get it, RL interferes with the game sometimes, but it's also convienient...

also feel free to read again...

There is a lot of inconsistency in your posts, and it worries me. This is all besides the fact that I'm scum reading the slot based on pants and snoe, too.

I can haz ur second scum read nao plz?
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by BlankFace »

In post 829, Simoyd wrote:In post 440, BlankFace wrote:
Don’t like Simoyd’s slot so far. Didn’t really show up until page 3, and it was a flurry of fluff with absolutely no pressure behind it. Doesn’t feel like scumhuning, just
active
lurking.

You're an SE so you should know that 6 hours is hardly lurking. This has nothing to do with that the read is on me, just that you picked this out of the other things that happened.
Active being the operative word. It was fluff. You didn't come in at the beginning of the game, you came in after Grace and Accountant had gone back and forth. I commented on this:
In post 440, BlankFace wrote:Simoyd’s flurry of posts {68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74) are kind of useless. Jokes about shawarma, posting about not liking Grace, IV, Lycan, and Meepo with little to no explanation. He does ask Lycan and Meepo a question in two separate posts but I’m not sure I get where he’s going yet. The question toward Meepo is really more of a weak accusation, based off of grammar more than anything. A vote for someone saying they’re “pretty sure” of something is about as weak as it gets. Noting that he puts Grace as Meepo’s scum partner though. Nothing of substance, lots of buzzing about.
You weren't actually pushing anything, you came in and made a lot of noise so we'd see you were there, but added nothing.
In post 829, Simoyd wrote:In post 440, BlankFace wrote:
Accountant is town as hell, Lycan is a bit behind her.

accountant is town as hell? I don't know how accountant normally plays, but I know I'm not the only one who was shocked when she said she hadn't done a reaction test the whole game. Lycan is town so early? Most had him as null at the time. This confuses me because it's inconsistent with everyone. Makes me think there's a motivation for the difference...
So me having a differing opinion on a player makes me scum? Keep in mind you're nitpicking my thoughts on the first four pages of the game. That is how I felt at the time, Accountant in the first four pages was being proactive, I liked him for town.
In post 829, Simoyd wrote:responses I already made to your confusingness: 601, 603, 604
Two of which are jokes. I stick by what I said, your response didn't change the way I feel about it.
In post 829, Simoyd wrote:At the top of 597 you say you slightly like me, list one reason to like me, then half a dozen reasons why you think I'm suspicious. Why not "this post from simoyd is good, but the rest is crap" or something similar? This just sounds forced.

Semantics. That is pretty much what I said. You started a push and then it went downhill, I liked your and . Then I didn't see anything else I liked. Those two walls are literally my notes as I read through the game.

In post 829, Simoyd wrote:In post 664, BlankFace wrote:
Accountant and Simoyd are at the top right now

considering how hard I pushed him (even at the point you read) this makes no sense. We couldn't both be scum.
I never said you were a scum team.
In post 829, Simoyd wrote:In post 664, BlankFace wrote:
I'm also incredibly drunk right now

and you have a job interview, and you start a new job soon. I get it, RL interferes with the game sometimes, but it's also convienient...
And yet here I am, posting. IV got away with lurking day 1 for vacation. Me being drunk didn't stop me from posting, me having an interview didn't stop me from posting, me starting a new job [earlier today actually] hasn't stopped me from posting. So what exactly is your point?
In post 829, Simoyd wrote:also feel free to read 806 again...
Playing up the "I'm new and they know so much more then me!" card. That is what is weak about it.

So.... what inconsistencies?

And yeah, you can have it. IV is my second top scumread. I'll make a case on him later on tomorrow.
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:25 pm

Post by Simoyd »

In post 830, BlankFace wrote:Two of which are jokes.
none of those are jokes
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Simoyd »

In post 830, BlankFace wrote:I never said you were a scum team.
so your two top reads aren't on the same team? I find that odd...
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by Simoyd »

In post 830, BlankFace wrote:Playing up the "I'm new and they know so much more then me!" card. That is what is weak about it.
Even if I wasn't new, I would still value them more than others.
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by Simoyd »

In post 830, BlankFace wrote:You weren't actually pushing anything
define pushing? I posted some vague feelers based on the nothing that there was, then followed up the next day. Sounds like normal play, from every game I've read, to me...
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:33 pm

Post by Simoyd »

In post 830, BlankFace wrote:So me having a differing opinion on a player makes me scum?
no, you having an irrational opinion on someone makes you scum.
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by Simoyd »

In post 830, BlankFace wrote:And yet here I am, posting. IV got away with lurking day 1 for vacation. Me being drunk didn't stop me from posting, me having an interview didn't stop me from posting, me starting a new job [earlier today actually] hasn't stopped me from posting. So what exactly is your point?
If it's not affecting your play, why do you feel the need to keep stating excuses? Sounds like you're admitting you're scum.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 803, Simoyd wrote:
In post 799, Lycanfire wrote:Trying to scumread for something I could have quoted from day1 had I not been on my phone, then lynching Accountant anyway.
I did indeed have a scum lean on you yesterday. Today I mentioned that the posts you made today were suspicious. In I'm testing the bounds of various possible setups, because people's opinions change post-flip. How is that useless?
All you're doing is testing whether they read the previous day (hint: at least one claimed they haven't. Yes it's very useless. Meanwhile I was brought to L-1 right afterwards, by yourself no less. What does this do for the town?
In post 805, Simoyd wrote:
In post 800, Lycanfire wrote:What do we gain from lynching him and losing a townie?
So you think postie is town? You think titus' read was wrong?
People were voting Blank and leaving. You want me to say nothing when I should be scum incarnate if I let this lynch go through after killing the Blank lynch for the same reason day 1. The same reasoning applies. We need for fight and find scum #2, debate the two flips and pick apart the Accountant wagon. Voting without doing this is lazy at worst and.. No it's just lazy regardless of alignment. And bad.
In post 814, Simoyd wrote:lycan has been doing nothing but positioning. Admitting that his posts are useless, but ultimately something motivates him to keep hitting that 'submit' button...
So I shouldn't post at all while I'm at work? I have a damn good reason to keep hitting that submit button, like how I know there must be scum on the Accountant wagon. You, IV, RC, Postie, Hark. You're all fair game to me. Make a post I don't like and I'm going to jump on you. So far, RC is good. IV has gone missing, no thanks to you for pulling out your chainsaw. Consider misreping me not just today, but the "tonal" arguments from yesterday to be one hell of a good scum lean on you. Whether Postie is the second scum, I'm not sure, beyond sheeping RC again today she isn't giving me anything beyond killing town, that's pretty bad Postie! Hark is still good, because paradoxically hammering Accountant proves he was paranoid about Titus on the trigger :cop:
In post 818, Simoyd wrote:Not the first time blank friended lycan. Looks like lycan is omitting blank
In post 795, Lycanfire wrote:
In post 763, Simoyd wrote:@Postie: What is your current position on Lycan?
@Blank: What is your current position on Lycan?

Starting to like lycan/blank more as left out blank
I replied to a post of yours yesterday of my second choice behind Blank. I said Postie or yourself. You could have scumread that yesterday.

More useless posts. Here's another.
In post 797, Lycanfire wrote:Upset at being called on it?
In post 798, Simoyd wrote:being called on what?
In post 799, Lycanfire wrote:Trying to scumread for something I could have quoted from day1 had I not been on my phone, then lynching Accountant anyway.
I'm obv not at home at the time but misrepresenting the argument in the above exchange when I don't have the time to cut and paste quotes on my phone sure is helping us a lot today
In post 753, Lycanfire wrote:because i have no intention of making a helpful post until i get home tonight, and if others want to do the same i'm happy to point it out
Kicker:
In post 481, Lycanfire wrote:@Simoyd

You or Postie. Reason: on the Accountant wagon instead of the Pants/Snoe/Blank one. Postie basically said she would go along with RC's read, meanwhile you've been on Accountant for awhile now, but you keep questioning my tone. These are one-sided comments. What do you want me to say, if anything? This makes me feel like you're working against me rather than considering the possibility we're on the same team. Meepo/Hark is good. RC is probably ok. Grace's slot was in a good position if she was scum, all she had to do was post. Most liked her. I have doubts that Accountant or IV are Blank's partner.
You *or* Postie. I said Titus/Accountant let me pursue other leads, like you and Postie, and this quote proves I wasn't saying Postie/Simoyd scumteam. This was in reply to you no less day 1.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I want to make it clear also that the moment Snoe came in he went for Postie, for reasons Postie couldn't defend. This looked like a legitimate attempt to mislynch. Blank didn't go for Simoyd over Accountant until I half halfheartedly scumread Simoyd yesterday to see if he (Blank) too would ignore the Accountant wagon. If Postie/Blank were partners, they would have had a lot more to gain by having Blank reinforce my question mark on Postie, because in scenario 1 of Blank being lynched, Postie looks good. In scenario two, the Accountant lynch, Postie would again look good, like how Simoyd looks good now being accused two days in a row. Walks like a bus.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:27 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 757, Harkonnen97 wrote:
In post 755, Simoyd wrote:
In post 739, Xalxe wrote:Titus, Doctor, Killed Night 1
I'm 100% sure that titus is confirmed town.
LOL I missed that xd

Okay, I take back my words about you sheeping Titus
This is definitely a townslip.

I'm only seeing more Blank/Lycan scumteam. I should've trusted my gut all along. No more sheeping for me.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Careful IV, everyone that wants Blank lynched seems to die.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Since I'd prefer not to wake up dead to some stupid post about how I don't actually want a Blank lynch, take this as your cue to put him to L1 for his claim.

VOTE: Blank

I'll call the other scum day 3 without fail. You're all welcome, even if you lynch me for it.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:04 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

dat bus
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:12 am

Post by Xalxe »

Vote Count 2.1

You would have to be half mad to dream me up.

Lycanfire
(2): Postie, Simoyd
BlankFace
(2): innocentvillager, Lycanfire
Simoyd
(1): BlankFace

Not Voting
: Harkonnen97, RadiantCowbells
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-07-11 11:14:49)
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:22 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Lol I don't like how Lycan almost got lynched so quickly. What's the rush guys, we have almost 2 weeks left to discuss?

Anyway, I'm not that sure of Blank/Lycan scumteam, because Blank said Lycan is his top town read. I think if they were scum they would try to distance themselves. And it's always a good strategy for a scum to call someone else than his scumbuddy a strong town read for two reasons:

1) If the townread dies and flips, it will look good on the scum
2) If the scum dies, everyone will suspect the townread as his scumbuddy

So yeah, I think that it's possible that this is happening between Blank and Lycan.

VOTE: BlankFace
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:24 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Blank is at L-2
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:52 am

Post by Simoyd »

Takes 4 to lynch when there's 7 total. Blank is L-1
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:53 am

Post by Simoyd »

UNVOTE:
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:32 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Oh

UNVOTE:
Simoyd
Simoyd
Goon
Simoyd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:05 am

Post by Simoyd »

What about postie/IV scumteam? They both seem to be hanging back letting us lynch each-other. Thoughts?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”