Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Which emotional outburst

If you're talking about the alt-related burst

1000% null and alignment-independant.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:18 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

MoI scumread Ranger, for the record.

I don't see any other reason for anyone to kill them.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:37 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

Then you aren't searching for them.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:40 pm

MoI's had shit tier reads in every game that I have played with him to the point that I still think that if we policy lynched him in the game where I was gunsmith we would have won a lot smoother.

His top scumread in this game was me for fucks sake. It's super transparent how you're hard defending one buddy and hard bussing the other a la Postie in the Severa game. shoo.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Travelling Salesman
Travelling Salesman
Goon
Travelling Salesman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:41 pm

Post by Travelling Salesman »

He was also scumreading tea and fire, so it's possible he was scumreading the entire scumteam. The best thing he had to say about tea was that the wagon had no momentum at the time, tea and fire weren't his primary scumreads but he wasn't about to defend any of them either.

He was scumreading you too, but I'm townreading you at the moment. RC, I think you'll answer this honestly since I could go look it up but i'm feeling lazy right now so i'm just going to ask it and maybe i'll check whether you told the truth later, but when you're scum do you go out of your way to avoid kills that point to you, like do you try not to wind up in lylo with the night 1, 2, 3, and 4 kills all having died with a scumread on your slot on their lips?
Javajoe24
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:41 pm

Post by Javajoe24 »

In post 1201, RadiantCowbells wrote:MoI scumread Ranger, for the record.

You act like they couldn't have bussed ranger if ranger is scum
Javajoe24
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:42 pm

Post by Javajoe24 »

In post 1205, Javajoe24 wrote:
In post 1201, RadiantCowbells wrote:MoI scumread Ranger, for the record.

You act like they couldn't have bussed ranger if ranger is scum
Never mind, I'm a derp.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:51 pm

I wouldn't say that I'm inclined to specifically kill people townreading or scumreading me. I've leaned towards killing the people scumreading me in recent days but that's not an established meta thing.

I can say that I would not have killed MoI nor allowed my teammates to do so if that makes you feel better?
Travelling Salesman
Travelling Salesman
Goon
Travelling Salesman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:55 pm

It's probably best to sometimes do it one way and othertimes do it the other way, yeah.

You probably could've mislynched him if you wanted to.

Do you know who you would've killed last night if you were scum with Ranger?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:59 pm

I don't really have a meta because I try to make a meta of not doing what people think is my meta because so many people with minimal experience with me develop fantastically strong ideas of what my meta is and by deviating slightly from patterns that I'm not remotely entrenched in I've gotten tons of utterly undeserved townreads from people.

If I were scum with Ranger (or anyone) I would have killed you. Your slot is obvtown to the point that your death wouldn't point to anybody, and you were scumreading them and I believed at the time that you were the only person who had figured out who I was, and if you've seen the games where I roll scum on secret alts they're not pretty for town :P

I mean I just would have killed you, period, regardless of who my scumpartners were. Failing that I would have killed Cakez because he's liable to deathtunnel me for nothing.
Travelling Salesman
Travelling Salesman
Goon
Travelling Salesman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:11 pm

Thank you, I believe you. And I 100% get the meta thing and being frustrated with people who'd meta you off of just a few games or who have played with you a couple times and think that means something or think that if you can't accurately read them on page 1 then you must be scum because town is definitely the alignment that starts out with the entire thing figured out amirite.

I feel like I was left alive because of my counterclaim on Meeseeks; at that point I was the only town claimed investigative and Meeseeks was a scum investigative and if they didn't know that this setup seems to be dripping with investigatives, and I don't think that was clear until Magna's census taker flip; shos was a hint but not enough of one, and that killing the person who counterclaimed meeseeks would point to him for sure i think -- less so now that there are so many of us but they wouldn't have known that at the time, and I think that in turn points to a scumteam who wasn't aware enough of thread temperature to realise that my death could've been spun that way, that any inaccurate reads i died with could've been milked, that Meeseeks was being townread enough that he would've been better off without me even though I was right about him.

Cakes was what I would've guessed too.

I feel like the way you revealed yourself was pretty town; you did it at just the moment when you'd gotten all you could out of the secret alt thing and could get more out of reactions to the reveal than you would out of the people who weren't going to figure it out continuing to not get it.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:45 pm

Post by Aneninen »

UNVOTE:

Maybe some of you can see something that I can't. (As for Kuroi.)
I'm conflicted on TravellingSalesman.
Can someone summarize the case on Fire?
Wouldn't Java be a good idea?

(I try to be quick. And at least do something.)
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:31 pm

Post by Ranger »

Traveling Salesman wrote:You didn't respond to the heart of my case against you.
If I don't respond to something, it's because I deem it not worth responding to.

Wonder what that says about the heart of your case?
The problem is that Ranger is pretending not to know who he is.
Quite clearly, I am not, given that I explicitly stated who I thought Sheldon was in my neighborhood (and frankly would probably need to apologize for saying the name), and even in here have heavily hinted at it.
GuyIAlmostReplaced wrote:2. Dunno man 3 people claimed cop variants.
My role's
called
a cop, but it's not a cop variant. It's closer to a tracker or watcher in functionality.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:55 pm

Post by Ranger »

Kuroi wrote:she's done nothing for me except throw shade onto Travelling Salesman.
Not so!

I've done nothing except throw shade onto Traveling Salesman, SirCakez,
and
Sheldon.

The two extra names are important.
RadiantCowbells wrote:Yet Ranger claimed to believe that I'm Titus.
Yes. For a start, inherent to alts is the choice to play under a different style. You said, as Sheldon, you were playing differently. This fit with Titus. The NAME SheldonCooper is a name that I would see Titus using, akin to Virtue in how obvious it is a name for her to choose. I suspected it was Titus because of that fact alone. Then we got townbeard, and even Cakey, both signatures of Titus.
And instead suggested that Meseeks is an RC alt?
Yes. The first thing I noticed when I saw meseeks was his post count. It was nearly two pages long. That instantly fit the mold of you. Then there was how he was playing as an alt, including his ultimate decision to replace out. His treatment of Traveling Salesman, the emotional way he was reacting, and his full confidence in his gambit, in his play, and telling players to "trust me, I know what I'm doing".
Second of all, how the fuck does Ranger not figure me out?
In part because I was under the impression I had replaced you. Of course I'm not going to look for an RC alt if I think I REPLACED the RC alt. This is stupidly obvious. You said it yourself, even:
Ranger looks for RC alts everywhere.
I look for RC alts everywhere. But inherent to looking for RC alts everywhere is a fundamental required fact:
there can only be one RC alt per game
. And I thought it was my slot. So the thought never occurred to me that it was you, no.
When Ranger replaced in, she saw that her slot was pretending not to know and continued playing it up, and to make an excuse for why she wouldn't notice she pretended she thought her predecessor was me and said that I was Titus.
Only problem with that is that I wasn't reading my slot until AFTER the exchange with Plotinus first took place. If my predecessor has a short iso of like five, ten posts, yeah, gonna read that, because no reason not to. But, what, 137? Some number like that. Which I later learned were mostly long walls? Heck no, I'm not gonna read that before the game.

And you also say it yourself.
And Titus isn't even a terrible pick
If you yourself admit Titus was not a terrible pick, then you are admitting that it is possible I read Sheldon's posts as hers.

I understand that Cakez came to that conclusion at one point but that was because of the Cakey thing and the townbeard thing.
Oh yeah. Guess when I first mentioned Sheldon being Titus?

It was immediately after the Cakey and townbeard thing in my readthrough. The timing of my comment naming Titus (not saying the exact timestamp because I'm not sure what Antihero's stance on that would be, could get me modkilled) was between the timing of and . As in, by the time I had posted 982, I had posted "If Sheldon's Titus, then we know why MagnaofIllusion died N1" five minutes prior to then. Look at the posts I was quoting around then. The comment I quoted? . The post where you pretended to be Titus with townbeard and Cakey? .

So yes.

It WAS available at the point I was in the game. I was flat-out quoting chilledtea quoting it!
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:06 pm

Post by Ranger »

RadiantCowbells wrote:calling Meseeks an RC alt which makes no sense but also gives her an excuse to not see me as an RC alt
Basic order of operations.

I thought mseeks was you before I had put much thought into Sheldon's identity.

Ergo, I did not have you in mind when thinking of Sheldon, something I did later.

Why was Sheldon a subject later?

...Because Sheldon was a SUBJECT. LATER.

The first talk about meseeks's identity?

Page five.
Actually, page six, but the conversation between Traveling Salesman and meseeks began on five. It was which set the read off.

First talk about Sheldon's identity?

Page 17.

On the name alone (and again, Plotinus should know why I would think Titus would choose that name, for the same reason Plotinus would know why I knew Titus was Virtue on the name of the alt alone), sure, I had thought "From the name, that might be Titus". But it wasn't until you dropped big Titus tells that I actually thought for sure you were Titus.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:16 pm

Post by Ranger »

Kuroi wrote:I'm sure you're being cautious by unvoting, but it looks like you're really sucking up to RC.
(Psst. What do you think that means in terms of their alignments?)

VOTE: SirCakez.
chilledtea wrote:but it could since she isn't probably trying to read the game as hard as a townie would.
Bluntly I would not have wasted three hours of my life if I had drawn scum. At least, not scum with the names people are accusing me of being scum with! Fire Assassin, who has an irrational hatred of me? You, who I barely know? The closest to a name I've been accused of being scum with that would actually have any chance of me being energetic is Aneninen, who I DO have good synergy with.

Anyone who thinks my entrance into the game had no energy can go to hell. That took me three hours, in the middle of the night, to do. I devoted time, and serious effort, to reading the game, because I was
enjoying it
. And let me tell you this. If I was scum and was not enjoying myself, that catchup? Never would have happened. I'd have quit at like page 15. Said, "these reads are good enough, going to work from here". But I didn't. I trudged through and read the whole thing.

I am town.

And actually, I change my mind.

VOTE: Traveling Salesman.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:23 pm

Post by Ranger »

RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't see any other reason for anyone to kill them.
Problem: I wasn't in the game until D2.

Now if you want to talk about DAVSTO, go ahead. Not that I can defend against that, since I'm not nearly familiar enough with him as a player (have we even played a game together?) to know his style, his history, what players he has and hasn't played with, how he'd treat them, and so on. But you'll stand a better chance of making an argument that's actually physically possible!
Traveling Salesman wrote:Do you know who you would've killed last night if you were scum with Ranger?
*ahem*
Javajoe wrote:Never mind, I'm a derp.
And people wonder why I think SirCakez is the scum in the neighborhood.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:33 pm

Post by Ranger »

Though, in case the question comes up anyway...
Traveling Salesman wrote:Do you know who you would've killed last night if you were scum, Ranger?
If I had been in the game N1, SirCakez would be out of the question: narrowing down the neighborhood would be potentially suicidal. That same logic technically applies to Javajoe, but he's not someone I'd exactly put much stock into nightkilling. (No offense. <3) Working under the assumption I knew who Sheldon was, that'd be my nightkill, obviously, but if not, the most obvious choice would be Traveling Salesman thanks to Plotinus. After that, for purely pragmatic reasons (those being, he often scumreads me), Fire Assassin.

There's more players than that. Aneninen would be near the top of my charts, since he's a good player in my experience. Kuroi, from experience and play this game, wouldn't have been a bad choice, either. When it comes to {GIF, chilledtea, Cabd, MagnaofIllusion}, they're basically all equals, in being middle-of-the-road kills. To put it in tiers,
{RadiantCowbells, Traveling Salesman}
{Fire Assassin}
{Aneninen}
{Kuroi}
{GIF, chilledtea, Cabd, MagnaofIllusion}
{Sheldon}
{Javajoe, SirCakez}
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Javajoe24
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:39 pm

Post by Javajoe24 »

In post 1216, Ranger wrote:
RadiantCowbells wrote:I don't see any other reason for anyone to kill them.
Problem: I wasn't in the game until D2.

Now if you want to talk about DAVSTO, go ahead. Not that I can defend against that, since I'm not nearly familiar enough with him as a player (have we even played a game together?) to know his style, his history, what players he has and hasn't played with, how he'd treat them, and so on. But you'll stand a better chance of making an argument that's actually physically possible!
Traveling Salesman wrote:Do you know who you would've killed last night if you were scum with Ranger?
*ahem*
Javajoe wrote:Never mind, I'm a derp.
And people wonder why I think SirCakez is the scum in the neighborhood.
Hey!!! What's that supposed to mean??
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:04 am

Post by chilledtea »

Ranger, explain the scum read on TS for me.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:14 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

Did ranger just vote her top town read? Burn this scum.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:18 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

{RadiantCowbells, Traveling Salesman}
{Fire Assassin}
{Aneninen}
{Kuroi}
{GIF, chilledtea, Cabd, MagnaofIllusion}
{Sheldon}
{Javajoe, SirCakez}
What in the heck is this?

Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:19 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

ohh those are the tiers for who you would night kill as scum?
That makes more sense.

GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:54 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 1200, GuyInFreezer wrote:Which emotional outburst

If you're talking about the alt-related burst

1000% null and alignment-independant.
Hello FA
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:58 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

I don't think your assessments are accurate at all. You trying to tell me something is not indicative of anything makes me think its more likely true tbh.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”