Open 647: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:27 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

You think that's enough to be transparently town? Isn't this just an easy way to ignore what's actually going on?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:29 am

Post by SirCakez »

that's an example, it's not everything I think is town about him
It could be, but he stuck to those pushes pretty consistently instead of dropping them when he started getting pushed for it
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:35 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Pushed us consistently until he got flak for it and then hammered someone else and immediately said that person was town...

VOTE: Cake

There's no no no way you are town because the only way you are reading Dunn as obv town here is if you are not good or scum and I don't think you are not good.

Ranger, tell me you think cake is scum here too, I know you want to flip Dunn but come on.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:38 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1377, MURDERCAT wrote:There's no no no way you are town because the only way you are reading Dunn as obv town here is if you are not good or scum and I don't think you are not good.
Are you forgetting the fact that I'm also reading Dunn as obv town or do you also scumread me for that?
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:43 am

Post by SirCakez »

lmao sorry that I don't agree with your bad scumreads
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:43 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

I think your reasoning is bad, but it makes sense to me that you might think that. Cakez is acting like Dunn is so town and then when asked for evidence he says things that honestly don't make a lot of sense and aren't really true. It doesn't feel like a real read at all.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:45 am

Post by SirCakez »

Where did Podo even give reasoning for his dunn townread?
your posts make no sense
"his reasoning is bad but it makes sense"

like ??? if it makes sense why is it bad?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:47 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Podo's reasoning is that Dunn would have gone after him if Dunn were scum. I am giving podo some slack because Karnos cleared him and I think his reads have been not very good all game. I think you are better than that, tbh.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:51 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1381, SirCakez wrote:Where did Podo even give reasoning for his dunn townread?
your posts make no sense

My explanation as to Dunn as obv town started way back when Maru was walling, and I thought that was towny, not scummy. But then it was solidified when Maru and I are the big counters to the Smith wagon, and Maru continued to defend me even when the Smith wagon was dissolving, while scum would have abandoned ship and jumped on my wagon at some point.

Murder is saying my reasoning is bad, but he can understand it as genuine.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:19 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 1372, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1370, Persivul wrote:
In post 1367, SirCakez wrote:when dunn flips town I'mma slap all these people who are like "hurr durr cakez/dunn scum team"
Why should I town read dunnstral?
because his posting yesterday was transparently town
he's been kind of flaily today but I think he's town desperate to try to push his scumreads through over him
What about that hammer yesterday? Are you going to say that wasn't bad?
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:39 am

Post by karnos »

In post 1371, podoboq wrote:
Aneninen

I will do some ISOing at some point to justify (and potentially change) these, but I wanted to get something on the page for people to actually look at. Anen obviously needs the most justification, but I'm planting my vote there for now.

VOTE: Aneninen
Please explain the aneninen read.

As far as I see, I just see a lot of him thinking dunnstral is pure scum and dunnstral thinks aneninen is scum, and not a whole lot else. Is it just that you read dunnstral as a solid town, so aneninen must be scum for opposing him?

Right now my thinking is if there a scum between the two of them, dunnstral is it. That post hammer commentary was pretty bad. He has acted more town since then, but could that just an act?
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:40 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Has he acted more town since then?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:44 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1385, karnos wrote:
In post 1371, podoboq wrote:
Aneninen

I will do some ISOing at some point to justify (and potentially change) these, but I wanted to get something on the page for people to actually look at. Anen obviously needs the most justification, but I'm planting my vote there for now.

VOTE: Aneninen
Please explain the aneninen read.

As far as I see, I just see a lot of him thinking dunnstral is pure scum and dunnstral thinks aneninen is scum, and not a whole lot else. Is it just that you read dunnstral as a solid town, so aneninen must be scum for opposing him?

Right now my thinking is if there a scum between the two of them, dunnstral is it. That post hammer commentary was pretty bad. He has acted more town since then, but could that just an act?
I'll go ahead and do the ISO now.

I like to think that I'm not just sheeping Dunn, but hey, I've been kind of slacking lately, so maybe my gut is playing tricks on me. Give me a few minutes.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:51 am

Post by karnos »

In post 1386, MURDERCAT wrote:Has he acted more town since then?
Compared to his era postings, I'd say so.
DixC
DixC
Goon
DixC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:59 am

Post by DixC »

In post 1346, Persivul wrote:
In post 1345, DixC wrote:I read every post, I consider every argument, and I try to say something when I can, but I'm not nearly as capable of investing as much time as Dunn has in this game.

Given that he's been able to invest 3x more than I have and I found it very likely he would get it done the same way my kids try to get things done: thoughtless nagging.
I can't post that much right now either...but I wouldn't have any fear of going from L-2 to lynched without a chance to claim this early in phase.

IOW your unprompted claim comes across as scummy.
This and another game I'm playing are my first on this forum. The concept of L-x is something I've just learned.

I've played a lot, but IRL and on a forum where this is not the main game (I brought it to that forum and just adapted it from IRL play). Karnos invited me to this forum.
In post 1356, Persivul wrote:
In post 223, DixC wrote:I noticed after, is a pronoun error a major taboo?

Ranger, comparing post rates and updates I see a significant difference in this game: what are some queries that might help you out here?
It's concerning that you claim to be voting her based on meta, but haven't been here long and don't know her gender.
The one other game i'm playing Ranger features heavily as well, and she keeps her Wiki up to date. So the one person who's play in other games I've read through is Ranger.
In post 1367, SirCakez wrote:when dunn flips town I'mma slap all these people who are like "hurr durr cakez/dunn scum team"
I would never say this because I don't know who else is scum. Only scum know who is scum and thus are much more willing to stake their fate to the outcome of flip.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:00 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Karnos, talk to me about DixC's scum game.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:29 am

Post by podoboq »

ANEN CASE

215, 216, and 217. At the time, I hated Anen's reads on players. That's probably a bit reactionary to the fact that he referred to my posts as "flailing" when it should be obvious to those in retrospect that I was just trying to be understood, and mad at being L-1ed for unvoting a player I townread. Altogether, though, I don't like the "I think this post is towny, and this post is shitty, and this other post is shitty, therefore these players are a scum team" style of gameplay. That's what these posts are, they're Anen's first real pieces of content in the game, and it will end up being the bulk of his playstyle.

This trend of opinion with a lack of analysis continues in 279.

Spoiler: the reaction test
In post 281, Aneninen wrote:
In post 280, Smithereens wrote:Lol let it
("it" is the wagon on Smith)
happen for now. It's not like I'm not questioning it for no reason..
Are you scum with Podoboq?
In post 282, Smithereens wrote:does that train of logic follow from the idea that I'd sacrifice myself for a scum mate who is about to get lynched?

I'm flattered but no. I'm not scum.
In post 283, Aneninen wrote:That was a reaction test on two levels. And you didn't give a scummy reaction.

The Smithereens wagon is bad.
I find this to be really wonky, and I'm inclined to think it's scummy. It's the first time Anen actually interacts directly with a player, and it seems pedantic. It looks like he's trying to establish a reason to conclude that Smith is town, then uses any response as a justification for drawing that conclusion. Why would Anen do that as scum? To justify pushing the counter to Smith, which falls in line with his scumread on me. It's like a reverse chainsaw, if I'm understanding chainsawing correctly.

Spoiler: response to votes on him
In post 291, Aneninen wrote:
In post 288, Smithereens wrote:VOTE: Ananenin
This vote, in this situation makes me think that Smithereens is indeed town. (As scum why would he launch a new wagon instead of pushing any viable counter?)
In post 289, Transcend wrote:you're right i don't
VOTE: anenien (sp?)
This vote, on the other hand, is not town at all.

(I snipped out quotes that established context for the sake of making a smaller post)
If the player Anen townreads votes him, he calls it evidence of him being town, while in Transcend's case, it's scummy, even though they have basically the same context. He also uses this chance to refer to his wagon as not viable, which is cute.

The next several posts are somewhat contentless, so I'm not going to delve deep onto them, but if you read the ISO yourself you can see what I'm talking about. Anen isn't directly interacting with players and isn't providing enough explanation of his opinions for my liking.

Spoiler: almost deadline post
In post 865, Aneninen wrote:There's no time.

All we can do, and this goes for anyone nearby, is to post a short summary about these three names, in the following form:

Podoboq - I voted him earlier. I'm conlficted on him.
Smith - I didn't vote him earlier. I don't think he's scum.
Penguin - I'm voting for him. I'm conflicted on him. (Mostly because of his latests'.)

Having read it back it looks terrible in my case, but I hope you get the point. Posts like these will be valuable later.
I actually really like this. Anen gets more open around deadline. This is the biggest thing that would make me want to keep Anen around. However, this activity near deadline could be because all of the available people to lynch are town, and Anen is going for town points because no matter who flips, Anen gave a little sighing disapproval beforehand.

Spoiler: reaction to karnos claim
In post 1201, Aneninen wrote:So Podoboq is town.
Most probably these: Murdercat, Karnos, Ranger
In day one, Anen believed that there was most likely one scum between me and Penguin, but not two. Since I'm confirmed to him now, he should probably be going after Penguin, but the only mention of him today is in 1338. I would have expected more focus from town.

So there are a few actual things in hear that I find scummy, but mostly, it's the lack of appropriate town play. Townies should engage other players, appear to be searching for town and scum, and also provide reason why they read people the way they do. Quoting a post and calling it "pigeon poop" doesn't cut it, so I only see searching for town and scum, and that's just not good enough for me, especially since I don't think the conclusions that Anen has drawn are all that great.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:38 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1383, podoboq wrote:
In post 1381, SirCakez wrote:Where did Podo even give reasoning for his dunn townread?
your posts make no sense

My explanation as to Dunn as obv town started way back when Maru was walling, and I thought that was towny, not scummy. But then it was solidified when Maru and I are the big counters to the Smith wagon, and Maru continued to defend me even when the Smith wagon was dissolving, while scum would have abandoned ship and jumped on my wagon at some point.

Murder is saying my reasoning is bad, but he can understand it as genuine.
k this makes more sense
In post 1384, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 1372, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1370, Persivul wrote:
Why should I town read dunnstral?
because his posting yesterday was transparently town
he's been kind of flaily today but I think he's town desperate to try to push his scumreads through over him
What about that hammer yesterday? Are you going to say that wasn't bad?
No I thought the hammer was fine, Smith had to go
In post 1382, MURDERCAT wrote:Podo's reasoning is that Dunn would have gone after him if Dunn were scum. I am giving podo some slack because Karnos cleared him and I think his reads have been not very good all game. I think you are better than that, tbh.
:igmeou:
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:27 am

Post by davesaz »

Official Vote Count

Dunnstral
(5): Aneninen, karnos, Chip Butty, DixC, PenguinPower
Transcend
(1): Ranger
DixC
(3): Dunnstral, SirCakez, Transcend
Aneninen
(1) : podoboq
SirCakez
(1): MURDERCAT
Not Voting
(1): Persivul

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-07-22 17:00:00)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:09 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm obviously willing to lynch Aneninen too.

I don't understand why Penguinpower voted me so that's maybe something to look at

Persivul needs to take a stance.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:24 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

@Dave

VLA until the 22nd. I should be able to post everyday (not that I have to I solved the game already :wink:)
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Podopoq
I remind you I'm from mobile and LA whole week. I can't make a detailed answer.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:55 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Your whole case boils down to two things.
My general inactivity which had indeed started before my LA
And my changing reads, including misreads and lack of explanation because of inactivity.
I can't do anything about either of zhese.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:56 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 1341, Ranger wrote:My body sucks.
Mod: V/LA yesterday, today, and tomorrow to recover.

I hate feeling this sick every couple of weeks or so, but I can't magically wave a wand and make the sickness go away.
Get well soon
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:15 pm

Post by Transcend »

against my butter judgment i have a feeling dunn's town now

Return to “Completed Open Games”