Newbie 1718 [Game Over!] Mafia

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:23 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

@Mod, I messed up my unvote tag, mind changing it?

Done -IV
Last edited by innocentvillager on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:47 am

The point is Kaori got off of House for a reason. He's probably town.

Readlist because I better be the night kill:

{Me}
{Kraska}
{RC, Fiddler}
{Kaori}
{DP}
{Lycan}
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:57 am

Post by Lycanfire »

Ok.. For starters I thought it was obvious that I was scumreading DP. I already spilled my notes compiled on him. The whole "it must be DP/Lycan" arg from RC is very scummy to me, because he's smart enough to see that my Kraska vote was put there to piss people off. If I believe Kraska/RC or RC/DP to be the scumteams, then my real intended lynch was RC if he behaved the way I thought he would. Insisting on DP made me more confident in Kraska/RC, but this RC v DP arg has me uneasy. I'm willing to say it's SvT or TvT, because if this is a SvS continuation of a bus I was paranoid about since the matter of BP I think both should be banned after this game. Threatening double replacements this late into the game is bullshit. To make it a plan to set up a fight like this is so dumb, that I want it to not be the case.

DP self vote is super scummy. Simoyd did this as town in 1717 and I loved it, because he was using it as a gun to the town's head to convince our PR (RC) to call his partner before day's end, with the reasoning if his partner couldn't be BlankFace (who was "cleared" by RC) his partner must be someone unreasonable, or there was an entirely different team. There's no real gambit here, besides a "fuck you good luck in lylo ps fuck RC" post. This isn't the first time he's given up either (#721). #748 looks almost like a scumslip tbh going back through his ISO. And again I'm going to say that RC never said he was going to do anything during his "truce".

This is just a quick post asking for some calm while I re-evaluate the game by removing the possibility of RC/DP.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:23 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 894, RadiantCowbells wrote:I will do a double replace on the grounds that DrPepper never joins another of my games and that my replacement autolynches that slot.

Giga, I want you to read this game. I can see through DP's AtE because it's the exact same kind of AtE that I pull as scum.

There's a bunch of serious mismatches between his attempt to portray this as an 'I'm just voting RC because salty!' lynch and crying about how everyone isn't listening to him and immediately dropping the act and calling for votes on me when you responded in that manner. If he were *actually* town who was positive that I was scum then he would be totally checked out and beyond communicating with at this point. This is scum pure and simple, and scum emulating my scum playstyle no less.

I am tentatively willing to vote Kaori because I don't see how we lose after a Kaori lynch but if he flips town like I think he will you are voting DP, no questions.
Dafuq when did I ever portray this as me wanting you pynched because Im salty. You were my primary scumread from day 2, you did nothing during the truce, ergo I still have you as my primary scum read.

The only thing you fucking do is discredit me. Youre not even trying to logically attack anything, this is legitimately discrediting me, and thats whats pissing me off. The only thing you do is discredit me by saying "He's panicking, caught scum", " he's just salty"

And how the fuck am I supposed to copy your playstyle if I hadn't even been onsite for the past year? Not to mention the fact that I havent played with you until Greatest Idea.

Also no fucking shit im not joining any of youre games, theres a reason you got banned for abusive behavior. And again, got banned for tactically replacing out.

Sigh, if the mod allows it, I can show you the PMs I sent the mod regarding the replacement just to make sure you guys dont think im faking it. Thats fucking dumb, thats literally the definition of tactically replacing out if I was doing it for some in game advantage.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 902, Lycanfire wrote:Ok.. For starters I thought it was obvious that I was scumreading DP. I already spilled my notes compiled on him. The whole "it must be DP/Lycan" arg from RC is very scummy to me, because he's smart enough to see that my Kraska vote was put there to piss people off. If I believe Kraska/RC or RC/DP to be the scumteams, then my real intended lynch was RC if he behaved the way I thought he would. Insisting on DP made me more confident in Kraska/RC, but this RC v DP arg has me uneasy. I'm willing to say it's SvT or TvT, because if this is a SvS continuation of a bus I was paranoid about since the matter of BP I think both should be banned after this game. Threatening double replacements this late into the game is bullshit. To make it a plan to set up a fight like this is so dumb, that I want it to not be the case.

DP self vote is super scummy. Simoyd did this as town in 1717 and I loved it, because he was using it as a gun to the town's head to convince our PR (RC) to call his partner before day's end, with the reasoning if his partner couldn't be BlankFace (who was "cleared" by RC) his partner must be someone unreasonable, or there was an entirely different team. There's no real gambit here, besides a "fuck you good luck in lylo ps fuck RC" post. This isn't the first time he's given up either (#721). #748 looks almost like a scumslip tbh going back through his ISO. And again I'm going to say that RC never said he was going to do anything during his "truce".

This is just a quick post asking for some calm while I re-evaluate the game by removing the possibility of RC/DP.
Tell me what I have to gain by self voting here? Most of you think Im scum at this point, so why expedite the lynch
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Last chance DoctorPepper. If I am confirmed town right now, what do you think of me as a player/person? If I am confirmed scum right now, what do you think of me as a player/person?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:29 pm

In post 904, DoctorPepper wrote:
In post 902, Lycanfire wrote:Ok.. For starters I thought it was obvious that I was scumreading DP. I already spilled my notes compiled on him. The whole "it must be DP/Lycan" arg from RC is very scummy to me, because he's smart enough to see that my Kraska vote was put there to piss people off. If I believe Kraska/RC or RC/DP to be the scumteams, then my real intended lynch was RC if he behaved the way I thought he would. Insisting on DP made me more confident in Kraska/RC, but this RC v DP arg has me uneasy. I'm willing to say it's SvT or TvT, because if this is a SvS continuation of a bus I was paranoid about since the matter of BP I think both should be banned after this game. Threatening double replacements this late into the game is bullshit. To make it a plan to set up a fight like this is so dumb, that I want it to not be the case.

Tell me what I have to gain by self voting here? Most of you think Im scum at this point, so why expedite the lynch
You have the ability to later WIFOM and say 'I HAD NO REASON TO DO THIS AS SCUM!' very much the reason I would do the same thing.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Doesnt matter. Regardless of your alignment, you're abrassive, cocky and a prick. Your playstyle is hinged on personal attacks and threats, and I wouldn't ever want to play with you. If youre town, you discredit the fuck out of people instead of actually engage them and honestly that pisses me off. If youre scum, then wp for making everyone think youre town. You make me want to reconsider not going to MS again.
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

See you and I play scum differently. im not emulating my playstyle after you, just because you won a scummy. I havent played in a long time, i wouldnt even know how you play. You think i have time to go and meta read everyone to develop a better playstyle in a hobby that takes up 30 minutes of my already full day?
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:37 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

I'm not just angry none of you are scum reading RC. In fact Giga, your whole argument on RC unvoting Harlii is hinged on the idea that we're sure Harlii is town. And it was even too early the day and would have denied town info.

All RC did was discredit everything I said, and you ate it up. He didnt do jack shit, gave no reads aside from me and lycan, and everytime I tried to counter, all he said was "flaling scum, lel"

Im pissed because I feel like I wasted effort in this game if all you guys will do is sheep the guy who just discredits everything. And you make no effort to read the guy and just keep assuming he's town
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:46 pm

In post 898, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:just fyi DP the current nightkill looks bad for you

so if you can explain why House would be killed and not roleblocked, that would be great!!
DP, can you answer this? RC too.

And why don't you think Fiddler is town?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:52 pm

and tbh i feel like i'm the one being discredited here

my reads are coming organically, I don't need RC to tell me you're scummy.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 910, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 898, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:just fyi DP the current nightkill looks bad for you

so if you can explain why House would be killed and not roleblocked, that would be great!!
DP, can you answer this? RC too.

And why don't you think Fiddler is town?
He might not be town. Your entire argument is hinged on knowing if Harlii is town and RC backed off, but in reality we cannot say with absolute certainty Harlii was town, thus RC backing off proves nothing.

House could have been killed because he was the IC, so people might see him as a threat, killing the IC off was a common trend in newbie games I was in when I was a newbie. He could have been RB'ed if people read him as a PR to prevent their kill from failing. If people read him as PR, they RB'ed him to prevent the JK to take place, which can make the kill fail. This hinges on the idea that scum know he can be RB and scum read him as PR. If they didnt read him as PR, then the kill makes sense as well.

Also dead PRs are more important than blocked PRs for scum. If scum thought he was PR, its easier to just kill the guy
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 911, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:and tbh i feel like i'm the one being discredited here

my reads are coming organically, I don't need RC to tell me you're scummy.
Im asking for a reconsiderstion because FMPOV I really cant see RC town doing what he is doing
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:16 pm

In post 912, DoctorPepper wrote:Also dead PRs are more important than blocked PRs for scum. If scum thought he was PR, its easier to just kill the guy
The thing is, if there's a Cop and Doctor and your cop is incredibly obvious, killing
isn't
that safe of a move. Scum either took a ballsy move (Unknown doc could have protected obvcop House) or there simply isn't a roleblocker.

And if Harlii's slot is scum with RC, it doesn't make sense. Why would RC so suddenly push for a bus? If he wanted to cast blame on his scumbuddy the way he did, why didn't he do the reverse of his plan (lynch giga, with a red flip we lynch Harlii no questions asked)? Let's break this down.

TvT or T!RC v S!Fiddler: Everything can be taken at face value.

S!RC v T!Fiddler: Pointless waste of a mislynch.

S!Rc v S!Fiddler: Poorly planned bus

Fiddler's alignment is irrelevant. It's a weirdass move no matter what.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:37 pm

In post 891, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:If this were the {Cop, Doctor, Roleblocker} set up, would it be better to kill or roleblock an obvious cop? Why?

rc answer it phrased this way
fiddlercrabontheroof
fiddlercrabontheroof
Townie
fiddlercrabontheroof
Townie
Townie

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:14 pm

Post by fiddlercrabontheroof »

In post 899, gigabyteTroubadour wrote: Hear me out:

Why would a scum Kaori want to expose a PR? Remember the crypticness I complained about earlier? Kaori wanted to know if the other players wanted to see if House was an obvious PR. There's literally no reason scum would want that.
How can you tell Kaori was hinting at that? I looked at those posts and didn't pick that up at all. If anything, they just seemed like just trying to vaguepost about House.
"I'm very gay. I'd like a few dollars."
- John Mulaney
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:40 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I'm sorry my post is going to have to come in the morning. Accepting DP as scum without RC as partner hurts my reads, and consequently my pride. I want to look again with a fresh mind because I feel like I've been going over the same posts for the last hour trying to see something to tip me in one direction.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:13 pm

Literally so obvious that lycan/DP are buddies with the way that Lycan's trying not to defend DP while still trying to frontline my lynch instead.
Also pretty funny how my flip would make DP town again to give him license to push elsewhere and how he's using so many words to say 'hey I'm fencesitting until I know for sure where the lynch is falling.'
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:14 pm

As of now I am willing to vote Lycan first. they are both scum.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:22 pm

Like literally just think through what DrPepper did in his last post. He stalled committing to anything, he hard tied his DrPepper scumread to me also being scum which means that if I get lynched he has an easy out of pushing on him and if DrPepper gets lynched he can just go OH YEAH WELL I GUESS RC WAS SCUM. Also, direction on what? what direction? Based on his current position he should want to lynch me since DrPepper is contingent on me, so there being a direction doesn't make sense in the context unless there was somewhere else he wanted to push. So major thought process slip there.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:41 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

If neither of us is his partner ask yourself who is.... and you will experience my hell
fiddlercrabontheroof
fiddlercrabontheroof
Townie
fiddlercrabontheroof
Townie
Townie

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:45 pm

Post by fiddlercrabontheroof »

In post 921, Lycanfire wrote:If neither of us is his partner ask yourself who is.... and you will experience my hell
haha what
"I'm very gay. I'd like a few dollars."
- John Mulaney
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:47 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Read my posts in their entirety and it's obvious.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:48 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

kraska77 and Kaori Miyazono are being prodded.

NOTE: Things have gotten a little out of hand again lately, but it looks like it's cooled down mostly. Regardless, I would like to offer a second and final warning to those of you who have been using personal attacks; this goes for all players (no pointing fingers, please, let's just keep this game going as smoothly as this game will allow). If you cannot control your heated arguments/play this game without using personal attacks, then you should not be playing on this site, let alone in a Newbie game.

Again, heated, profane, intense arguments are all fine. Personal attacks are not. The line should be pretty clear.

I am waiting to hear back from Mina to see if I should do anything further. In the meantime, please keep the above warning in mind. Thanks, and let's all yell and bitch at each other without personal attacks <3

VOTECOUNT 2.3
Player
Being voted by (in chronological order)
Number of Votes
1. Kaori Miyazono
2. fiddlercrabontheroof
3. gigabyteTroubadour
4. Lycanfire kraska77
6. kraska77 Lycanfire
7. RadiantCowbells
8. DoctorPepper RadiantCowbells, DoctorPepper

Not voting: Kaori Miyazono, fiddlercrabontheroof, gigabyteTroubadour

NEW!!!!
Deadline to lynch is in (expired on 2016-07-16 21:37:02)

With 7 eligible to vote, it's 4 votes to lynch

Please let me know if there are errors in the VC, or if you have any questions in general. Don't forget to bold such requests to me.
[/quote]

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”