Open 647: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:33 am

Post by karnos »

In post 1622, Persivul wrote: How has he CC'd flipped town? What am I missing? If he has indeed done so, we'll just lynch him now.
He is talking about dixc. transcend and dixc both claimed n2 cop. dixc flipped as cop.

But in this setup, it's possible to randomly get 2 n2 cops, so this isn't really definitive.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:39 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1619, karnos wrote:
In post 1616, PenguinPower wrote: Alternative theory...Ranger is scum and there was an intentional no-kill on N1. That allowed Ranger to claim Doctor on someone they knew as town and get instant credibility. Even if there was an N1 Doctor, there was only an 8% chance they would choose the same person.
What does picking the same person have anything to do with it?

Look it's N1 you as a doctor save ANYONE.

Day 2, ranger announces she saved person X and that is why there was no kill.

As a town doctor, from your POV, there are two possibilities here: ranger is truthful, but she thinks she saved person X when the scum could have been trying kill person Y. you would claim doc and announce who you saved, and ultimately neither X or Y would be 100% confirmed, because town doesn't know which one was the kill target.

Alternatively, ranger could be scum. In this case, you would still want to counter claim, scum@!ranger could be pulling the gambit because of your save (thus your target is confirmed town) or, extremely unlikely IMO, scum may have holstered to play a gambit.

So it's not 8% chance of a doctor picking the same person, it's whatever chance that ANY night 1 doctor exists at all. I haven't done the math, but I think it's a pretty high chance (but obviously not 100%). Enough that a scum wouldn't count on there not being one, but not so much that lack of multiple N1 doc claims is a red flag.
I'm not good at statistics, so I'm not going to try an calculate the probability out...don't necessarily agree that it's a pretty high chance. Also, this is the way that YOU would play it. Not everyone would, so don't try and make it seem like an absolute.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:39 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1621, Transcend wrote:i just really want one of chip anen or ranger dead today.
Ranger gets a pass today. No killing and claiming doc is an unlikely opening gambit. As I noted before, I do see it as a possibility with Ranger, but today we should be keeping it simple and voting out of those who haven't been involved in claims at all.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:39 am

Post by karnos »

In post 1624, Transcend wrote:And just why might you be suspicious of me? Do tell.
You actually aren't *that* suspicious, but the issue is that I have to trust you to also trust penguin. Lynching you would kill two birds with one stone, in that either you flip scum, or you flip town and penguin is confirmed.

I don't feel the same about the other confirmed town, because your claim is easier to fake than rangers, for example (which required a no kill & no counterclaim).
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:43 am

Post by karnos »

In post 1626, PenguinPower wrote:
I'm not good at statistics, so I'm not going to try an calculate the probability out...don't necessarily agree that it's a pretty high chance. Also, this is the way that YOU would play it. Not everyone would, so don't try and make it seem like an absolute.
In this setup, the power roles only get one shot. Once you use your power, there is no real incentive to hide. If a n1doc is killed on n2, it's actually good for town because it means a power role on a later night might survive to use his power.

So I don't think it's just me, any town n1 doc with incentive to win should have counterclaimed ranger.

I mean, if you think I am wrong, what would the rationalization be for a n1 doc to see ranger's claim and remain silent?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:44 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 1628, karnos wrote:
In post 1624, Transcend wrote:And just why might you be suspicious of me? Do tell.
You actually aren't *that* suspicious, but the issue is that I have to trust you to also trust penguin. Lynching you would kill two birds with one stone, in that either you flip scum, or you flip town and penguin is confirmed.

I don't feel the same about the other confirmed town, because your claim is easier to fake than rangers, for example (which required a no kill & no counterclaim).
So you don't even fos me lol
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:45 am

Post by Transcend »

Lynching me to get an inno is incredibly fucking stupid. Especially if it sends you to lylo.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:05 am

Post by SirCakez »

Ranger is definitely town imo
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:14 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 1602, karnos wrote: The unconfirmed are sircakez, chip butty, persivul, and anemeneni
What is wrong with you lot? Yet again, read . That's a claim of N2 Doc saving MC.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:18 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 1628, karnos wrote: I don't feel the same about the other confirmed town, because your claim is easier to fake than rangers, for example (which required a no kill & no counterclaim).
Are you forgetting there can be more than one instance of any role-night? E.g. could be two or more N1 Docs. CCs don't count here, except for counting purposes.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:22 am

Post by Chip Butty »

Ranger's claim can be faked because it came after it was already apparent there was no night kill. Even if another N1 Doc claimed to have saved MC as well, it wouldn't disprove Ranger's claim.

I did believe Ranger's claim, btw, but I just got burned by scum!Ranger in another game (as did you!) so I am a bit more wary of her now.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:35 am

Post by karnos »

In post 1633, Chip Butty wrote: What is wrong with you lot? Yet again, read . That's a claim of N2 Doc saving MC.
There was a kill n2, your claim doesn't really hold much water.

Though, it does make me curious, anyone done the math to see if it might be worth mass-claiming at this point? I know from the previous incarnation of the setup that it's a bad move to make on day 1, but with so many roles already outed maybe it would help us sort the remaining scum.

LIVING PLAYERS
Ranger - doc n1

SirCakez - ?
MURDERCAT (replaces MurderCat) - ?

karnos - cop n1

Aneninen - ?
Transcend - cop n2

Persivul (replaces drmyshottyizsik) - ?
Chip Butty - doc n2
PenguinPower - doc n3
podoboq - cop n5

Dead Players
Smithereens, Town Cop, was lynched Day 1.
Dunnstral, Town Doctor, was lynched Day 2.
DixC, Town Cop, was killed Night 2.

If all claims are true so far, we have 5 cops and 4 docs. That leaves one town cop or doc, and 3 scum. If the un-claiming players all claimed, it seems like it would be a pro-town result to me.

Actually, if we assume ranger's vouch for murdercat is legit, which I think we should, murdercat should be the LAST claim, as we know and trust he is town. This forces any scum in the unconfirmed players to pick roles before they know for sure what is potentially possible in the setup.

Is there ANY way this could hurt town? Don't start claiming unless the majority think it's a good idea, but a this point I think it makes sense.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:34 am

Post by karnos »

Also, important point: no need to claim night. That just gives scum information, and doesn't help with sorting. Just claiming cop or doc is useful.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:50 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1633, Chip Butty wrote:
In post 1602, karnos wrote: The unconfirmed are sircakez, chip butty, persivul, and anemeneni
What is wrong with you lot? Yet again, read . That's a claim of N2 Doc saving MC.
Missed that. So you're saying you protected MC when we had cop claims on the table... :?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:52 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1636, karnos wrote:Is there ANY way this could hurt town? Don't start claiming unless the majority think it's a good idea, but a this point I think it makes sense.
Yes, it can hurt town if we have cops left. BUT, I tend to think that massclaim might be good at this point. Order should be anen, me/cakez, MC.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:12 am

Post by Persivul »

Chip's post count is way down from his town game.

In the just completed Open 644, chip made 348 posts in the first 2 game days. In this game, he made 87 in the first two game days.

Looking at it from a RL perspective: those 87 posts were made from 6.18 - 7.14 (my time). In that same period in Open 644, he made 206 posts.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 1638, Persivul wrote:
In post 1633, Chip Butty wrote:
Missed that. So you're saying you protected MC when we had cop claims on the table... :?
LOL, yeah, not a great decision when you put it that way, but I wouldn't have put more than five seconds' thought into it at the time. Basically just followed Ranger's lead from N1. I can say though that I don't put much store in claims in this setup and maybe that's why I didn't recall their being cop claims on the table. My thought was just to protect the most confirmed Town we had. But, given Dix's flip, I guess you are right and I should have saved Dix.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:01 am

Post by davesaz »

Official Vote Count

Aneninen(1): Transcend
Transcend(4): SirCakez, Ranger, podoboq, Chip Butty
Chip Butty(1): Persivul
SirCakez(0)
Not Voting
(10): Aneninen, PenguinPower, karnos, MURDERCAT,

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-07-30 13:00:00)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:02 am

Post by Chip Butty »

In post 1640, Persivul wrote:Chip's post count is way down from his town game.

In the just completed Open 644, chip made 348 posts in the first 2 game days. In this game, he made 87 in the first two game days.

Looking at it from a RL perspective: those 87 posts were made from 6.18 - 7.14 (my time). In that same period in Open 644, he made 206 posts.
The overall posting rate in that game was very high, whereas here it was very slow. If you've read through, you will have seen numerous comments from various players to that effect. Also, in Open 644, there were a few prolific posters that i was engaged with (ploben, Dunnstral, PantherPunt), and who I found kind of annoying, which boosted my post rate there. I have been more than happy to cruise in this game a bit since I am (was) playing in an unprecedented (for me) four games and it is clearly too much. I'm spending way more time on this site than I really want to, actually.
Chip Butty
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Chip Butty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:04 am

Post by Chip Butty »

If there is a N3 Cop, I'm perfectly happy to be investigated so Persi's mind can be set at rest (assuming he is Town).
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:53 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1641, Chip Butty wrote:LOL, yeah, not a great decision when you put it that way, but I wouldn't have put more than five seconds' thought into it at the time. Basically just followed Ranger's lead from N1. I can say though that I don't put much store in claims in this setup and maybe that's why I didn't recall their being cop claims on the table. My thought was just to protect the most confirmed Town we had. But, given Dix's flip, I guess you are right and I should have saved Dix.
I'm comfortable with my vote.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:56 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1643, Chip Butty wrote:I'm spending way more time on this site than I really want to, actually.
Hopefully some people will join me and we can help you out with that.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:53 am

Post by karnos »

Aneninen seemed scummy the previous day, but I gave him a pass as I think he was V/LA. Upon reading his iso i don't see a mention of it, so he should be back, I think? Maybe due for a prod? I don't know. I know it's not popular to attack absente players, but if he isn't V/LA anymore and he hasn't posted for 5 days, something needs to get him back into the game.

SirCakez rubbed me the wrong way with his "dunnstral is town" certainty. And then this-
In post 1309, SirCakez wrote:We just win if we cop/lynch all of Dix/Penguin/Transcend/Aneninen/Persivul
If we trust transcend's claim, we know for a fact that 3/5 of those are town. They could just all be town, or maybe there is one bused scum in the list, but this just reeks of scum trying to push a list that will win them the game, knowing that town can't handle that many miss-lynches.

I'd love to lynch SirCakez today, I think he has the scummiest iso.

Chip- Being in the unconfirmed pile, I would consider voting Chip, but I just don't see the strong case on him. I don't see any of Chip's posts as particularly scummy, and while "posting less" might be a meta clue about something, I think it's probably NAI. If I had time to kill I'd look through chip's completed games to see if there is a pattern, but can't right now

Persivul big part of my read of Persivul comes from how he put his neck out while pushing to hammer dunnstral, I don't see a scum doing that. PoE might require that I revisit my read here, but I'd rather not lynch persivul today. I did get some scum vibes from shotty's play in the slot, but that has completely evaporated, I think it was shotty's play style.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:54 am

Post by SirCakez »

transcend's claim is fake though, dw
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:02 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 1647, karnos wrote:Chip- Being in the unconfirmed pile, I would consider voting Chip, but I just don't see the strong case on him. I don't see any of Chip's posts as particularly scummy,
How many of his posts are particularly townie? The charge apart from activity is fence-sitting, and no, fence-sitting posts don't look particularly scummy. That's why it's effective.

Return to “Completed Open Games”