New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4275 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:13 am

Post by zakk »

hey Egg, come out come out wherever you are!
permanently retired

see here for more info
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4276 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:58 am

Post by Egg »

In post 4275, zakk wrote:hey Egg, come out come out wherever you are!
Just woke up.

I'm heavily leaning Zakk. Everything makes sense for Titus town.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4277 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:47 am

Post by zakk »

yep .... it's egg.

In post 4196, Egg wrote:They could very easily be NKing based on who they think is mislynchable. Early on, I don't care as much about that but in LYLO if they want to NK someone I'm scumreading, I'll welcome that because I don't make that mistake the next day.

Look.
It's not Magna/Cy or Magna/Creature

That leaves me, you and Titus. Obviously, I can eliminate myself from that list. So
it's you or Titus if Magna is the first scum

I haven't decided past that and doing so helps scum in ways I don't care to get into if I broadcast that. I don't want scum to know which way I'd vote. If we lynch correctly today,
scum's next kill is make or break
. I want that choice to be difficult for them. That's all I'll say.
bolded is mine.

egg says neither creature or cy could have been scum with magna

therefore logically both would make for a knowledge-deficient nightkill (in the case of magna flipping scum)

yet egg said scum's next kill was "make or break" and that he "wanted that choice to be difficult for them"

and
he used that as an excuse
not to answer my question fully

and now... he's saying nothing about the nightkill, like "well scum killed X, so I suspect Y"
so, what did he learn from the nightkill? apparently... nothing?

that's strike one.

additionally, that whole post, along with these ones:
In post 4193, Egg wrote:Meh, I'm an old timer and haven't really accepted the "mylo" term yet lol. It's mislynch or lose whether no lynch is possible or not, so LYLO is fine as a term to cover it. I'm just stubborn like that. Also don't like the term "multiball" or when people capitalize the "d" in "today".
In post 4194, Egg wrote:While I'm at it, "vanilla scum" is a better term than "goon" (although that one is my offsite background) and "unconfirmed masons" is better than "neighbors" (but I've accepted that one because it's so universal now)
... feel like over-explain-y scum trying to "make words happen" so they'd have an opinion

which is usually done more by newbie scum, and usually more in the early game, when they have less to sink their teeth into

but egg really hams it up with the whole "Obviously, I can eliminate myself from the list." part and the "I don't want scum to know which way I'd vote. If we lynch correctly today, scum's next kill is make or break" and then talking about how long you've been around and the mincing of words about which terms should be used...

it all sounds really unnecessarily loquacious, bombastically magniloquent, and generally needlessly verbose for no other purpose than to be exactly that.

that's strike two

alright

and then there's projectmatt putting egg in both his town and scum reads (though this would be quite embarrassing when used as a single argument, it makes a great aside for a case):
In post 4147, Titus wrote:
In post 3311, projectmatt wrote:Short version of that wall:

Town:
Titus, Zakk, Nahdia, Lowell, Ircher,
Egg
, Magna, Shotty

Scum:
Nosferatu,
Egg
, Shaziro, Liger (?)

I'm not gonna bother with the vig exercise right now.

Vote: Nosferatu
Did no one notice egg was a town and scumread for PM
In post 4149, Egg wrote:Zakk, I've had a stronger town read on you than on Titus for the entire game. That's not anything new. I'd look at both of you after Magna though obviously. Honestly, Titus/Cy is the only team possibility that really scares me and a no lynch would probably be the only way to beat that scum team.

Titus, no, I didn't notice that actually. Scum tend to have fake reads though so I'm not surprised.

and theeeeen, there's these two posts by cy

and it seems like cy was rather confident in leaning egg-scum, regardless of his suspicion of titus

Spoiler: cytheflyguy
In post 4172, cytheflyguy wrote:
In post 4149, Egg wrote:Zakk, I've had a stronger town read on you than on Titus for the entire game. That's not anything new. I'd look at both of you after Magna though obviously. Honestly, Titus/Cy is the only team possibility that really scares me and a no lynch would probably be the only way to beat that scum team.

Titus, no, I didn't notice that actually. Scum tend to have fake reads though so I'm not surprised.
Im sorry, but that seems really...not smart to say? If you look at our ISOs, the few times Titus and I interacted shluld tell you that isnt likely, especally in earler days.

But to the game in general, all these options kind of scare me. Im rather confident in Magna, also with Egg, but now i have a tiny fear of Titus being scum and taking a gamble Im not a power roll...idk. Will post more when not on phone.
In post 4201, cytheflyguy wrote:
In post 4196, Egg wrote:They could very easily be NKing based on who they think is mislynchable. Early on, I don't care as much about that but in LYLO if they want to NK someone I'm scumreading, I'll welcome that because I don't make that mistake the next day.

Look. It's not Magna/Cy or Magna/Creature.

That leaves me, you and Titus. Obviously, I can eliminate myself from that list. So it's you or Titus if Magna is the first scum.

I haven't decided past that and doing so helps scum in ways I don't care to get into if I broadcast that. I don't want scum to know which way I'd vote. If we lynch correctly today, scum's next kill is make or break. I want that choice to be difficult for them. That's all I'll say.
The problem is
we
cannot cross you off the list.

Anyway, no lynch is a bad idea. They'll just kill another confirmed town, which will be me, more than likely. Don't get me wrong, I know I'm not MVP, but I'm the last guy just about everyone knows is town, so that would leave us with more ambiguity and will just make things harder imo.

however to be fair, on the other hand, myself and creature are both ALSO heavily predisposed to lynch egg based on interactions:

Spoiler: creature
In post 4133, Titus wrote:@creature, assuming only one of the vts is scum, who do you want lynched?
In post 4134, Creature wrote:Egg and Magna.

Spoiler: me, zakk
In post 4143, zakk wrote:
In post 4138, Egg wrote:I mean Cy is confirmed if Titus is town but we don't know that so...
Egg throwing shade on Titus makes me feel better about Magna/egg

If egg was town *I* should be the one he is looking at as a second scum, not Titus.

soooo that makes me feel somewhat less sure, since cy, although confirmed town by titus, was also suspicious of her

but overall i'm still gonna vote egg because

a. it seems like that's the kind of kill scum would make as a last ditch effort to cast suspicion on someone else, and
b. it just feels right, for the other reasons above
c. occam's razor

so yep it's egg

vote: egg
permanently retired

see here for more info
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #4278 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:09 am

Post by Creature »

I disagree with most of the reasons, but I am still seeing Egg as pretty much scum.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #4279 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:10 am

Post by Creature »

I'll wait Titus' magical VCA.
Sigh
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4280 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:13 pm

Post by Egg »

I didn't want to say anything yesterday because Titus was still a possible NK and I still thought she might be scum so if she was killed, I'd have zakk as near confirmed scum. I thought about things though and Titus doesn't make much sense as scum. If I were scum, I'd absolutely be coming in very undecided just in case there was still a chance to lynch Titus. I really don't think it's her though.

Lol at zakk comparing to to newbie scum by the way. I've probably been scum five times as many times as you've played mafia. "Make words happen" is dumb if you are fluff posting to do it. If I just wanted to look active, I'd probably be ISOing and VCAing and stuff.

The fact that zakk was confident enough to vote so early is pretty telling though.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4281 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Titus »

Do apologize for the delay. Unavoidable.

@Egg, Who do you think is scum and why?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4282 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by Titus »

@egg, have you been scum in a large before? Town?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4283 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:20 pm

Post by Egg »

1) zakk. I don't think there are 2 scum neighbors and I don't think you are scum.
2) Many times.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4284 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:27 pm

Post by Titus »

Game links please?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4285 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by Egg »

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4286 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by Titus »

@egg, group scum single ball?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4288 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by zakk »

Ooo Harry Potter Mafia that looks fun!
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4289 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:18 pm

Post by zakk »

Wow you guys destroyed them
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4290 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:48 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 4280, Egg wrote:I didn't want to say anything yesterday because Titus was still a possible NK and I still thought she might be scum so if she was killed, I'd have zakk as near confirmed scum. I thought about things though and Titus doesn't make much sense as scum. If I were scum, I'd absolutely be coming in very undecided just in case there was still a chance to lynch Titus. I really don't think it's her though.

Lol at zakk comparing to to newbie scum by the way. I've probably been scum five times as many times as you've played mafia. "Make words happen" is dumb if you are fluff posting to do it. If I just wanted to look active, I'd probably be ISOing and VCAing and stuff.

The fact that zakk was confident enough to vote so early is pretty telling though.
And yeah you're right since you're Kmd too, you're probably played way more games than me. But if anything that's more reason to distrust you so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up except to grandstand or appeal to superiority

But

Another scum tell I use on more experienced scum is that they talk about the things they WOULD have done as scum, and use the fact that they didn't do it as a reason they aren't scum, i.e. put simply, WIFOM.

Here's my version of that, tho

If I was scum there's no way I would have pushed two scum buddies to lynch in a row; I would have just lynched someone else for the win. I was quite influential in both lynches, but if I was scum neither would have been optimal and both would have been quite dangerous. There's no reason to put myself in this situation as scum.

And if you were being honest, you'd KNOW that I prefer to keep a scum team alive (i.e. Killer Instinct, which you were also in).

And yes, I'm very confident you're the final scum the same way I was confident on projectmatt and Magna.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4291 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 487, Aneninen wrote:So, here's what I think now.

Town

Egg (partly meta, partly because his efforts look genuine, which back the meta I know)
Killthestory (no change on him)

Lean Town

Titus (also partly meta; I don't think she's right about Copper, but, she's trying to get another reads too, meanwhile. But, her Cy-vote was lazy.)
ESL (she reads quite a lot of things in the similar way as I do, but there are those disturbing bits, see my previous posts!)
Persivul (not enough content yet, but I can imagine this is the town-Persivul I know well)
Expedience (like his catch-up so far. Egg asked about his reads and he answered quickly. As I get good answers too, he may move to Town)

Conflicted

Copper (my early read got weakened, eg. and around)
Ircher (plenty of disturbing things. His town-meta was different, that "scumread" on me, etc. But, these "statistic-posts" is typically something I can imagine from town-Ircher.)

Lean Scum

Zakk (no change and that lazy vote)
Shotty (I'd add this to my previous read: his scumgame I saw was indeed different, but it seems he's misrepresenting things)
CyTheFlyGuy (his posts are terrible, BUT so was that quickwagon on him, which makes me think: what if he's just an easy mislynch?)
TheBrawl (At my early-catch-up I marked him as "pay attention to", and the fact he's been under the radar since then is not a good sign)
ProjectMatt (fence-sitty, that
together
... my very early town vibe has evaporated)

Scum

Seth (SK-speculation, lazy vote, no scumhunting...)

There are a couple of players not on the list. Either because of the lack of content or because I haven't formed an opinion yet. Or I simply forgot about them being in the game. (If the latter one turns out, that's not a good sign.)

VOTE: Seth
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4292 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:10 pm

Post by zakk »

Oooo also
In post 618, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:egg is also scum. his ISO does NOT look like town, whoever asked me that. it looks like scum trying to appease people and avoid rocking the boat.
guess who was Killed Night 1

just like Magna-town WOULD have been

if he hadn't tried to stay low key until he started finally putting in effort for SK hunting when he thought he had a sure thing

when I spotted that, and how he tried to character assassinate me all game, I knew he was scum
permanently retired

see here for more info
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4293 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:23 pm

Post by Egg »

In post 4289, zakk wrote:Wow you guys destroyed them
Check the scum QT. That win was pretty much all me lol
Zakk wrote:so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up except to grandstand or appeal to superiority
Dude. You compared me to newb scum.
Zakk wrote:Another scum tell I use on more experienced scum is that they talk about the things they WOULD have done as scum, and use the fact that they didn't do it as a reason they aren't scum, i.e. put simply, WIFOM.
By that logic, you and I are both scum. When you were being pressured earlier, you mentioned something about how you'd let lynches go through or something as scum. Your ISO is too big for me to go find it, but I remember it for sure. Pretty sure town actually does this more than scum. It's a genuine "hey guys this isn't my scum game" more often than a "hey I did something I usually don't so let's blow that up".
Zakk wrote:And if you were being honest, you'd KNOW that I prefer to keep a scum team alive (i.e. Killer Instinct, which you were also in).
Yeah, killer instinct is why I town read you for the entire game. You played so differently here. So if you're scum, you deliberately changed your play from that game and it's impressive as hell. The only alternative to that is if Titus is scum though and I dunno. I don't see it.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4294 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:28 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 2604, Aneninen wrote:Players I don't want to lynch. And I'm trying to keep it short.

Expedience
. His general attitude. I can see a town-mindset behind. He keeps digging up good points and pointing out interesting things.

Zakk
. Firstly, when he was scum in Killer Instinct he was much more cautious. Right now he's been picking up fights with half of the playerlists. He's pushing terrible wagons – and I don't think any of them will ever go to lynch. I mean, as scum he'd grab every possibility to jump on a more viable counter, eg. Kop, me, whoever. Thirdly, his , which we seem to have forgotten about. I didn't like the idea of that town-block at all, but TheBrawl and Persivul flipped town and I think Ircher's town too (and Egg may be so as well).

Ircher
. He's done nothing that has made me to change my read on him.

Copper
. Not only looks his mindset town but it's also very transparent. The amount of effort taken is not an alignment tell in itself, but he's trying to get a read on everyone. Also, the fact he's pushing Magna. There are quite a lot of players who think there must be a scum in the Neighbourhood. If he were scum, he would be digging his own grave by pushing Magna. Consider this: if Magna gets lynched and he flips town, who's going to look the scummiest in the Hood? (Okay, in theory it's possible that both Magna and him are scums, but f-ck this shyt if it's so.)

Lowell
. He's not too active, but whenever he posts, it makes sense. Although there are quite a lot of reads I disagree/I can't see where is it from (the most important names: Shaziro, Nosferatu, Matt, Ircher, Copper, Kop, Nahdia, Titus) – Lowell, you could tell me more about those!

Titus
. This is partly personal, but I'll try to explain. I think she wanted to see some more pressure on me to confirm her townread (whether I act the same way again as I did in the previous game mentioned by her). Although as I said before, my reactions can be very different regardless of my alignment (examples will be given if needed), I don't think scum-Titus would have ever wasted time on a thing like this.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4295 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 1439, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Page 53 – My first catch-up
In post 1337, Expedience wrote:I still don't properly understand what MoI was saying before though, his posts are too thoughtful about small things.
If you want clarification on something please drop a post number.
In post 1324, Persivul wrote:If I am it's pretty old.
So you don’t know where you vote was? And why did it take actual prompting from Titus to actually move
In post 1360, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:also anen is scum. he slipped but I'm mobile so find it yourself.
Very much interested in what ELT has found slip-wise (or thinks she has found).
In post 1301, copper223 wrote:Further for someone that he is investigating as scum he made quite a few inaccurate statements about what I posted (re. Nosferatu and Egg), and if he really felt genuine about the points he is making I would expect a vote on me and trying to rally support, cause I would expect that would be a strong indication of me being scum in his mind, instead as I said at the time this looks more like a smear campaign (if he is scum and I was pushing a buddy of his) or probing (if I'm on the wrong track and he thinks he might be able to lynch me after a few flips).
Do you think that you should not be able to scum-hunt multiple players at a time? You seem to be angling that if I am not voting you and shouting for your lynch over my other scum reads that it is a “smear campaign”. That makes no sense at all to suggest I can’t have a scum-read on multiple players and investigating such while keeping my vote on my strongest scum-read and that I do so I’m simply looking to “smear” you (and by inference, any player I am not currently voting who I am scum-hunting).
In post 1305, drmyshottyizsik wrote:VOTE: egg
Pretty sre of this
In post 1323, drmyshottyizsik wrote:@egg why ignore my vote?
Why exactly should Egg be worried about a Naked Vote from you again?
permanently retired

see here for more info
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #4296 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by Titus »

@Egg, which of those games you quoted are sungleball with normal voting mechanics?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4297 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:33 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 3370, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Zakk ISO

First mention of Anen is where he specifically has nothing to say about him in a run-down ISO.

– comments on Ircher’s meta-tell on Anen and calls Ircher’s post Townie. Want to see if it goes anywhere.

– This doesn’t look like a partner-partner interaction given Daytalk – I don’t see why zakk would go out of his way to remind Anen about a recent game they (and Egg) played together as meta evidence. Especially since meta evidence provided by the player on themselves tends to be viewed as fairly unreliable. Partners I would more expect to have Daytalk discussion so that Anen could drop the meta knowledge not the other way around.

– day 2 Anen is in his middle of the road Town reads. Remains in the same place at later in the day.

Conclusion
– I’m on the fence but leaning not partner. For someone with as many posts as zakk I would have expected more interaction with Anen regardless of their respective alignments given the familiarity they seem to have. But both are experienced enough I would think they wouldn’t have the awkward inability to authentically interact if partners.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4298 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:38 pm

Post by zakk »

In post 3370, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Zakk ISO

First mention of Anen is where he specifically has nothing to say about him in a run-down ISO.

– comments on Ircher’s meta-tell on Anen and calls Ircher’s post Townie. Want to see if it goes anywhere.

– This doesn’t look like a partner-partner interaction given Daytalk – I don’t see why zakk would go out of his way to remind Anen about a recent game they (and Egg) played together as meta evidence. Especially since meta evidence provided by the player on themselves tends to be viewed as fairly unreliable. Partners I would more expect to have Daytalk discussion so that Anen could drop the meta knowledge not the other way around.

– day 2 Anen is in his middle of the road Town reads. Remains in the same place at later in the day.

Conclusion
– I’m on the fence but leaning not partner. For someone with as many posts as zakk I would have expected more interaction with Anen regardless of their respective alignments given the familiarity they seem to have. But both are experienced enough I would think they wouldn’t have the awkward inability to authentically interact if partners.
In post 3371, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Ok back to current events –

From my read throughs I lean Ircher >> Shaz >> Zakk >> Cy >> PMatt >> Titus on the names that MoIputer spit out as Partners. Cy I would hang in an instant given I think he stands a strong chance as Serial Killer.

From names not on that list I think Egg and Liger are the names that resonate for me. Egg’s constant “30 pages behind” sthick has passed the point where is acceptable and I’m leaning that it is something he is cultivating to not have to stay current with the thread.

I’ve already expressed my thought on Liger in my first post today - the only reason I was Town reading him is that was forthcoming about being a Power-role in the Neighborhood QT . His ISO is Cy level of bad as far as content and scum-hunting goes. His recent posts where most of his pushes seem to be using Copper as a crutch ( as example) also hit my gut in an unfavorable way.

Icher’s series of colored vote-counts at strikes me as very LAMIST (Thanks for that info drop ETL) and IIoA. I don’t see signs of analysis coming out of what he did there at all.

Also a MS first – I agree with Shotty regarding zakk’s “Make your Kill List” post. Well, as far as that it makes it easier for scum to determine who is a better kill at Night.
In post 3270, Ircher wrote:I honestly did not pay much attn to Anen, much like in the newbie. Actually, the way I was reading Anen is practically the same thing I did in that newbie.
Question is – why? You expressed some level of understanding of Anen’s playstyle as scum early on. What happened that made you drop that like a hot tamale and never revisit it?
In post 3219, Shaziro wrote:I'm mobile posting from d&d night, I'll look over what you said more closely when I get home tonight Magna. I will say that yes, it makes sense, I need to crunch through it though. Also what the hell is a MoIputer? Just your name for your VCA?
1. Yes, it is the name for my specific brand of vote analysis.
2. Did this ever occur? I don’t see evidence it did.
In post 3308, projectmatt wrote:Oh, by the way - Nosferatu never voted Copper again during the course of this game, but only lightly attacked him or said that he was a possible choice for a lynch. This contributes to my theory that Copper was an easy target to attack without having to commit to logically stating -why-.

The rest of Nosferatu's posting is very tonally awkward/non-committal/going with the flow kind of play, but there's some very choice things about his vote on Anen that makes me suspect he is scum as well.

For one, Nosferatu has done the same thing with Anen that he did with Copper - he has lightly posted scumreads on Anen while never voting for him. This is bothersome because it looks like lightly bussing scum that was afraid to commit to the Anen wagon. If Anen really was one of his top scumreads, why didn't he join me or Nahdia on the vote? Why didn't he post anything substantial about Anen at all?
Matt – so your conclusion as far as this section goes is that Nos treated Copper and Anen the same (weak attacks without a major push), they flipped opposite alignments, and both make Nos look more like scum?
In post 3311, projectmatt wrote:Scum: Nosferatu, Egg, Shaziro, Liger (?)

I'm not gonna bother with the vig exercise right now.

Vote: Nosferatu
So for the sake of argument pretend Nos is off the table – which of the others would you be most likely to support? Because I think you are Town and have similar reads on the other three but don’t see myself going after Nos.
In post 3525, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Back from V/LA …

@Titus
– why haven’t you done anything with VCA again? We have a scum flip. I’m having a hard time with understanding why Town Titus would not have put in the effort already.
In post 3462, Titus wrote:Cy SK...I'm not townreading him but I don't like the attempt to pigeonhole as an SK.
Why exactly? His posting pattern is very indicative of what I expect to see from an SK in a Large game. Do you disagree with my assessment that he doesn’t look like an Anen partner?

VOTE: Egg

I’m pretty much sold based on his reaction to Lowell suggesting he’s a viable lynch. He’s been sitting for 1.75 game days (which, for the record, is a better part of a month) perpetually behind the thread. Never seems to make much headway in catching up. Yet when suddenly people start noticing his slot’s behavior he is magically able to find the time to catch right up to the thread. He was positioned in the perfect spot for scum wanting to stay right under the radar – he wasn’t required to take any actual stances on current events and could use 100% hindsight to craft his posts however he felt would best make him appear Town. Case in point – is still talking about Day 2 yet 24 real life hour later he’s suddenly managed to make a full catch-up. Why didn’t think happen earlier? He wasn’t getting any suspicion.

And Egg himself finds survivalism to be scummy –
In post 3432, Egg wrote:Shaziro, it doesn't show a survivalist mentality which scum tend to have.
--
In post 3411, Liger_Zero wrote:Though I could be putting more effort into the game, I wouldn't say I am deep lurking...
In post 3412, Liger_Zero wrote:I am nowhere saying his reads are 100% gold....I am saying there's reasons for him being dead and me being here.
Did you seriously post these back to back?
In post 3555, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 3548, Lowell wrote:3525 confuses me. magna, why wait until I gave up on the egg wagon to join it? you tryin' to look cool without actually risking lynching anyone?
I can’t help that you gave up when I was V/LA and Egg only made the posts that really cinched his alignment as scum for me during that same period.

Why didn’t you vote him again to give the wagon legs?
In post 3541, Titus wrote:Magna, Really? Petulant? When I have to post 30 times to get a question answered it's petulant?
Yes. No reason to effectively tell me to “Go Fuck Off” when you are mad that Shaz isn’t answering a question. He’s not going to. That much is clear. Asking it over and over isn’t going to change that. You want to pressure him to spill this “reasons”? Vote him and get others to follow you. Otherwise stop tilting at that windmill for the moment.
In post 3540, Egg wrote:Hmm. I started calling Magna scum and now he's voting me. Thought he was above OMGUS. Lemme read his points though:
-My getting caught up never has and never will have anything to do with the game itself. I bought a house on June 3rd. Most of my free time has been spent moving. Considering my lease at my last place is up at the end of the month, that's slowed down. I was waiting for one free night. I got it the night I caught up.
-I don't believe that "the perfect spot for scum to be under the radar", as you put it, exists. I'd rather control a game where I'm scum. I'd want to be the one deciding who gets lynched. If I'm going to be lynched as scum, it's going to be to set up my buddies to win or because people ask "why is he still alive?"
- If you think I didn't take any stances, you didn't read my posts at all.
- Yes, survivalism is scummy. Why am I wrong for thinking that?
Lol. Actually it is funny because that is exactly the opposite of what actually happened – I expressed my suspicion of you in and low and behold when you make your sudden catch-up post I am suddenly being scum-read. So it is you that suddenly has the suspicion of me not the other way around.

Yes, a lovely explanation that can’t be confirmed in any way. I’m not just going to take your word for it that your sudden catch-up coincides right with when you start getting suspicion. Why do you expect I (or anyone) should?

Self-meta as an excuse. Gotcha.

I never said you didn’t take stances. I said your stances are conveniently only about issues / posts well in the past and thus not actual scum-hunting. You cruised along commenting on items exclusively from a Day ago until you get called out.

I didn’t say you were wrong (although I think every alignment wants to survive), I was pointing out that your sudden catch-up is survivalist to a tee and thus you are advocating your own play as scummy.
In post 3601, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 3560, Titus wrote:I'm an odd night Neopolitan. Checked ETL n1 got no result. Therefore, I knew I was blocked. Shaz reacted as he knew I was blocked. Pressed him on it. Says he knows I didn't kill anyone for reasons and makes a jail reference. I try to tell him to jail only on even nights if he can.

On day 3, he starts speculating that I am scum and denies the jailkeep. So fuck yeah I want an answer.
This is on point and the fact that there is such a hard time getting anyone but Titus or myself to acknowledge it is significant IMO.
In post 3570, Nosferatu wrote:I've never seen a town Neapolitan tbh
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66137

Now you have seen one. The great mystery of the Town Neo, unlike Bigfoot, is truly solved.
In post 3556, Egg wrote:Magna, ok. I took 3371 as a personal attack for joining a game I didn't have time for, not suspicion. My mistake I guess. Not really sure how you thought that was alignment indicitve, but you probably should have specified that buying a house is scummy. Seriously, do I have to post a picture of my paperwork or something? You expect that my brilliant strategy is to lie about RL circumstances? Come on, I've been playing long enough not to be scared of being scum. Oh, and no shit my opinions on the past are about the past. I'm not gonna come in here and be like "hi I'm up to Page 70 so here's my thoughts on Page 100." I need full context. It's how my mind works. Go look at any game I've ever been behind as on either this account or my Kmd one. I catch up when I'm behind. I'm actually kind of offended that I kept putting 2-3 hours into catching up on this at a time and you say it's not scumhunting. Also, there's nothing survivalist about lurking. Lurkers get lynched. That's bullshit and you know it. Funny how I was just telling my wife I need to quit mafia and I come back to a post that shrugs off the hours I put into this game as some kind of "lol I dont wanna play cuz Im scum". Now I remember why I can't handle playing mafia.
See this is a scum-bag response. In no way, shape or form did I say buying a house was a scum-tell. I said your play looked like the scum happy to just cruise along well behind the times until it was noted as suspect in thread. Then, in Beetlejuice fashion wham suddenly you instantly caught up. I personally don’t care about your self-meta explanation when as scum you can certainly play to what you perceive to be Town meta and stay under the radar at the same time.

And when did ever say you were lurking? That’s not the charge and your attempt to label it as such is scummy. You weren’t lurking. You provided posts on a reasonable basis. You just NEVER were current with the thread until it became an issue. If I was going to target lurkers I would exclusively target players like ProjectMatt or Cy who have significantly lower post counts than you do.

As far as being offended – I’m sorry if you are offended that I suspect you to be playing a scum oriented game but that emotional hurt isn’t going to dissuade me from voting and suspecting you.
In post 3612, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 3606, Titus wrote:@Magna, Great. You agree with me. Why do you think Shaz knew I was blocked?
Because he likely blocked you. I mean that’s the Occam’s Razor answer.
In post 2442, Shaziro wrote:
In post 2441, Titus wrote:
In post 2439, Shaziro wrote:No.
Why not?
Two reasons, the first of which is that I don't feel like you'd claim like that. The second is for ~reasons~ that would be bad for town to be outed atm.
This is his original post. The first part makes sense but is made mostly irrelevant by the “reasons” second half.

Said reasons can’t be the following –

1. Role which investigates alignment directly (Cop / Hider / etc) – He would not be voting you today under that circumstance. And Pre-Lowell claim even if he did get an Town result he couldn’t clear you of being a Vig.

2. Non-JK protective role – has no impact on whether you sent a kill.

3. Being Vig himself and Town reading you – Lowell’s claim and his reaction to said claim shows this isn’t a viable possibility.

4. Him being scum and knowing you are Town – Serial Killer (or if I am set-up wrong, opposite Mafia team) would still be a possibility.

That leaves basically on a few things that could stand up as good reasons why he would suspect you didn’t kill someone.

1. He blocked you (Roleblocker / Jailkeeper).
2. He’s a Tracker and saw you go no-where.
3. He’s a Voyeur and saw you get targeted by a blocking power.
In post 3610, Nosferatu wrote:Egg, liger, and project matt
In post 3605, SirCakez wrote:
Votecount 3.7

Not voting (2) - Nosferatu, Shaziro
In post 3936, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Ok so we definitely need to finish the Mass claim at this stage. My preferred order is –

Egg
Zakk
Nahdia

Personally unless something jaw dropping falls out of the Mass-claim I want Liger or Egg dead today.

Liger went another complete cycle without posting in the Neighborhood. I again told him specifically he had the length of Night to demonstrate to me he wasn’t scum afraid to post there. Nothing. And his replace-out is highly suspect. His slot has skated by for several Days without providing a single bit of content or reads. He escaped yesterday due to the obvious “Get Rid of the Serial Killer” Pro-Town play. Today he would not have had that shield. Suddenly his slot is getting replaced which I think is an attempt to buy a Replacement Halo.

Egg my read hasn’t shifted on. He’s only been engaged with the game when he is under pressure and even then he really isn’t doing any actual scum hunting – just doing enough defense to skate by.
In post 3918, Titus wrote:I do hink massclaim issss in order. If we hit the scum roleblocker, that forces scum to murder me and conftown Cy.
Do you honestly, after saying this, think scum are going to claim a blocking role?
In post 4026, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So here is the state of the Union as the end of each day ...

Don't like my conclusion? Copy and recolor on your own.

Day 1 –

Persivul
(11) -
Lowell
Magnaofillusionl
, Titus, zakk,
Killthestory
Ircher
Expedience
Shaziro
, cytheflyguy, projectmatt,
Nahdia

Killthestory
(5) - Egg,
Kop
TehBrawlGuy
copper223
Untrod Tripod

TehBrawlGuy
(1) -
Aneninen

EspeciallyTheLies
(1) -
Persivul

Kop
(1) -
Nosferatu

Not voting (2) -
EspeciallyTheLies
, Liger_zero

Day 1 actually is pretty important from a standpoint of clearing Egg in my mind. Because I do not see a Pers wagon that gets to 11 without at least two Mafia on the wagon. So the only way Egg is scum is if Liger’s slot is Town and I don’t believe that for a minute.

Day 2 –

Kop
(9) -
Expedience
Magnaofillusionl
Nosferatu
Aneninen
Untrod Tripod
Shaziro
, Titus,
Ircher
Lowell

Magnaofillusionl
(2) - Liger_zero,
copper223

projectmatt (1) - cytheflyguy
Titus (1) - zakk
copper223
(1) -
Nahdia

Aneninen
(1) - projectmatt
cytheflyguy (1) -
Kop

Not voting (1) – Egg

This day looks very bad for Titus. I mean it is possible that Kop got lynched with only 1 Mafia on the wagon but I’d not bet heavily on it. The only thing that makes me even consider it is the fact that all the rest of the wagons were tiny vanity wagons.

Day 3 –

Nosferatu
(7) - projectmatt, Liger_zero,
Lowell
, zakk, cytheflyguy,
Nahdia
Ircher

Ircher
(2) - Egg,
Shaziro

zakk (1) -
Untrod Tripod

Untrod Tripod
(1) -
Nosferatu

Egg (1) -
Magnaofillusionl

cytheflyguy (1) - Titus

Not voting (0)

Given I think Liger is scum I don’t see more than 1 of Matt / zakk / Cy as scum with him. If you accept Titus as Town then it is either Matt or zakk here. Although Titus as Town undercuts my Town read on Egg from Day 1 Vote Counts.

Day 4 –

Shaziro
(6) -
Magnaofillusionl
Untrod Tripod
, cytheflyguy,
Nahdia
, Titus, zakk

Not voting (4) - projectmatt, Liger_zero, Egg,
Shaziro

100% Town wagon on a Serial Killer? Highly doubt it. If you think Titus is Town the only slot left there is zakk.
In post 4034, MagnaofIllusion wrote:After looking at Vote-Counts and doing some set-up spec I'm open to Liger, Matt or zakk for today's lynch.

Liger I've already said my peace on multiple times and VCA doesn't give me any reason to doubt my read.
Matt shows up lots of places I expect scum to appear (Day 1, 2 and 3 all make reasonable sense for him as scum).
zakk looks like a lock if you have a Titus Town read based on Day 4. Frankly his play today also rubs me the wrong way.
permanently retired

see here for more info
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4299 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by zakk »

Some selected reading from Magna and Aneninen
permanently retired