Newbie 1728: Training Your Dragon Mafia [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:07 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 173, hiplop wrote:VOTE: cobalt. Interested in this.
why?
Speed don't lie.
CC
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:23 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

Hey guys you can't just vote without a reason, it's really insightful to town if they can see your thought process
Speed don't lie.
CC
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:36 am

Post by reso »

In post 161, innocentvillager wrote:I don't see it at all, in fact the fact that he thinks he's got the scumteam pinned from maybe one or two RVS interactions is laughable at best scummy at worst.
If you think my questions range from laughable to scummy, I would think it would be easy to dispute/discuss any, if not all, of my questions to you. But you instead chose to ignore them.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:41 am

Post by reso »

My thought process for lines of attack in a game of mafia is that there is no such thing as a bad line of attack. Eventually, one will get through.

You probably have loads more experience to mafia games compared to me. Semi-dumb questions from your perspective should be easy for you to handle and answer and talk about. And yet you chose to ignore them. Did they unnerve you?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 141, Vaxkiller wrote:...
That is fine, posting a lot allows us a deeper look into who you are, its just unfortunate for you because your posts are revealing scummy behavior.
How is scummy behavior even being revealed? This is a completely baseless accusation, after rereading it.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 131, reso wrote:...
WRONG. I was the one attacking you and IV. The only thing IV had done is was label you as having a 'very minor TR'. If the both of us must be scumbuddies according to your reversal of my logic onto myself, why would you vote for the one that's given you a 'very minor TR', and not the one that's actually attacking you?
In post 155, reso wrote: ...
I've already expressed my reasons why I think you and IV are scum. However, when I try to view the situation from your point of view, I don't really see the same thing. Regardless of whatever side you are of, IV has given you a 'very minor TR'. So if I were you, I'd be like 'Woot.' But in comes this Reso guy and his reasoning and his form of logic accusing me of being scum. Given the circumstances, why would you vote for IV and not me? For what reasons did your scumdar ping on IV?
VOTE: reso for inviting me to do this to it, twice.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:08 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 168, Maverick1102 wrote:Happy with my vote. I'd like people to say why they aren't joinng this wagon thanks.
In post 173, hiplop wrote:
In post 161, innocentvillager wrote:hiplop, you're seriously telling me you wouldn't be pissed if you almost got quickhammered due to an SE and a newbies' ignorance?
eh good point lol. to me I had the foresight of knowing you didn't die. Perhaps in the moment it makes sense lol

In post 161, innocentvillager wrote:I don't see it at all, in fact the fact that he thinks he's got the scumteam pinned from maybe one or two RVS interactions is laughable at best scummy at worst.
I mean, do I think he has the scumteam pegged? No. Do I think he thinks he does? Yes.

VOTE: cobalt. Interested in this.
In my opinion, maverick and hiplop are the scum. They are jointly voting PhanthomCobalt for no reason.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 176, PhantomCobalt wrote:Hey guys you can't just vote without a reason, it's really insightful to town if they can see your thought process
Indeed.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by reso »

In post 179, RyanK wrote:How is scummy behavior even being revealed? This is a completely baseless accusation, after rereading it.
Continuing to use your previous logic against you, how is your townie behavior being revealed? In Post 158, 0x40 asked you how your reasoning in the post directly before his is town affiliation indicative, which you have simply ignored. When questions are asked, answers are expected. If one chooses to ignore them, that I see it as the person asking is right, and the person being questioned admitting that they are wrong. The same goes for you too, IV.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

reso wrote:
If you think my questions range from laughable to scummy, I would think it would be easy to dispute/discuss any, if not all, of my questions to you. But you instead chose to ignore them.
Wtf I never said anything about your questions?? I'm saying that your case on me/RyanK is based off of one or two RVS interactions, and you are just speculatively confbiasing off of that now whenever you see new evidence.

LIke this is literally your case:
In post 64, reso wrote:
In post 44, RyanK wrote:
In post 6, innocentvillager wrote:...
3) Lynch "all" liars or no?
Maybe not,
for example, innocentvillager drew a very powerful role.
He should lie about it and do whatever he needs to so he won't be a night-kill targer. This creates a WIFOM, though, and he may get killed.
To me, this part feels incredibly weird. You could be actually using an actual example, OR you slipped and told us that IV has a powerful role in this game, and the only way you could possibly know that is if you knew what IV is before the start of the game. It's also worth noting that IV has noted you as having a very minor TR in Post 38, despite not having had contributed anything gamewise prior to said Post 38.

If RyanK and IV are both mafia, then who would I like to see out first......

UNVOTE: DistructiveNick
VOTE: innocentvillager, just purely on the fact that I feel like the Too Townie Fallacy is going to hit me harder from IV than RyanK.
FoS: RyanK
Which is laughable at best and scummy at worst.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:39 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 183, reso wrote:
In post 179, RyanK wrote:How is scummy behavior even being revealed? This is a completely baseless accusation, after rereading it.
Continuing to use your previous logic against you, how is your townie behavior being revealed? In Post 158, 0x40 asked you how your reasoning in the post directly before his is town affiliation indicative, which you have simply ignored. When questions are asked, answers are expected. If one chooses to ignore them, that I see it as the person asking is right, and the person being questioned admitting that they are wrong. The same goes for you too, IV.
There is nothing townie being revealed about me, I admit that. But the only reason I started to defend myself was after 0x40 saying it is useless for me to just tell my alignment(of course, anyone could be lying). For me to defend myself, I would have to look for why an accusation was even made. After looking for the reason, I realised it doesn't even exist. Why should I defend myself from a baseless accusation (if you look carefully, I didn't intend to defend myself from the accusation).
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 153, 0x40 wrote:
In post 149, RyanK wrote:
In post 148, 0x40 wrote:
In post 145, RyanK wrote:
In post 141, Vaxkiller wrote:...
That is fine, posting a lot allows us a deeper look into who you are, its just unfortunate for you because your posts are revealing scummy behavior.

In response to some earlier conversations that I was too late to the game for:

I think Lynch policies are not going to be helpful to us, we just need to keep track of the scummiest behavior and vote for that.

Definite yes on avatars, really helps give a visual queue to keep track of everyone!

I have played 2-3 games on another site that were very noob friendly, but were a lot larger.

Other random thoughts: Would really like to hear a little more from 0x4 and rusty.
That's unfortunate, because I'm a townie.
Saying you're a townie doesn't really help all that much. Try arguing for
why
people should think you're a townie, instead of just stating that you are.
There is no clear evidence I'm a scum.
While this is indeed true, using it as an argument for why you are
not
scum is logically flawed. It does not dispute any of the arguments for why you are being read as scum right now.
After seeing this post last night, I tried to look for the arguments of why I'm being read scum. After noticing that the arguments being made were completely without any backup about something I said, how am I supposed to clarify that something I said when there is nothing I said that made him make that accusation?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 183, reso wrote:
Anyway, reso, you should have seen how useless it was when I tried to use your logic against yourself.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by RyanK »

Anyway, reso, if you're so confident I'm a scum, why can't you convince others to lynch me?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:49 pm

No longer townreading RyanK. Later posts are uncomfortably accusatory and weirdly OMGUSy
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 189, innocentvillager wrote:No longer townreading RyanK. Later posts are uncomfortably accusatory and weirdly OMGUSy
Was trying to get you to say that, innocentvillager. At least now I know you aren't town reading me for no good reason.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:54 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 189, innocentvillager wrote:No longer townreading RyanK. Later posts are uncomfortably accusatory and weirdly OMGUSy
Was trying to get you to say that, innocentvillager. At least now I know you aren't town reading me for no good reason.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:54 pm

Post by RyanK »

RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by RyanK »

VOTE: maverick
FoS: hiplop

These are votes of the two people I believe are the mafia. If I get one wrong, I'm more than likely to get the other.

Maybe the only way to prove to you all that I'm innocent is to get you all to lynch me, at a very high cost, however.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:00 pm

In post 149, RyanK wrote:There is no
clear
evidence I'm a scum.
Random note while ISOing, I the usage of the word "clear" gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Why say "clear" at all? Imagine replacing that word with the synonym "definitive" or something similar—scummy. There is a weird implication that you are claiming scum here. It's like when obvious criminals shout, "Lol there's no hard evidence against me!" instead of just "There's no evidence against me!"
RyanK wrote:
What is this referring to? Did you ever question my townread on you? I think I gave reasons for townreading you, even if they were tenuous.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 194, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 149, RyanK wrote:There is no
clear
evidence I'm a scum.
Random note while ISOing, I the usage of the word "clear" gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Why say "clear" at all? Imagine replacing that word with the synonym "definitive" or something similar—scummy. There is a weird implication that you are claiming scum here. It's like when obvious criminals shout, "Lol there's no hard evidence against me!" instead of just "There's no evidence against me!"
RyanK wrote:
What is this referring to? Did you ever question my townread on you? I think I gave reasons for townreading you, even if they were tenuous.
I would agree with you that it sounds like that. Anyway, there is not even
fuzzy
evidence against me.

Yup. They reasons were to tenuous for me to believe. I just decided not to question about my own townread as I don't have any questions that would make me clearer about why was it done.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:08 pm

Fuck I'm getting towny vibes from that post.

I don't know what to think about you anymore.
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:11 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 188, RyanK wrote:Anyway, reso, if you're so confident I'm a scum, why can't you convince others to lynch me?
I don't think a lynch is going to happen any time soon. There are many things that we still have to discuss, and deadline is in about 10 days from now.
What makes you think reso is confident you're scum?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:16 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 197, 0x40 wrote:
In post 188, RyanK wrote:Anyway, reso, if you're so confident I'm a scum, why can't you convince others to lynch me?
I don't think a lynch is going to happen any time soon. There are many things that we still have to discuss, and deadline is in about 10 days from now.
What makes you think reso is confident you're scum?
He accuses me of being scum over and over again.
In post 196, innocentvillager wrote:Fuck I'm getting towny vibes from that post.

I don't know what to think about you anymore.
Sorry to do that innocentvillager. Just got a little bad tempered two days ago. Kept thinking I was making people suspect that I'm a scum because I thought some people would smell my temper there.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by RyanK »

And also, sorry to mess things up in the game.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”