Newbie 1728: Training Your Dragon Mafia [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 198, RyanK wrote:He accuses me of being scum over and over again.
Based on the arguments made so far, he should by no means be "confident" on either you or innocentvillager being scum. I think he's right in suspecting you, but when did he ever actually accuse you of being scum?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by RyanK »

About my avatar, I would change it into something better. For now, removing and angry bird avatar to enlighten things a little.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 200, 0x40 wrote:
In post 198, RyanK wrote:He accuses me of being scum over and over again.
Based on the arguments made so far, he should by no means be "confident" on either you or innocentvillager being scum. I think he's right in suspecting you, but when did he ever actually accuse you of being scum?
Alright, you've convinced me.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 196, innocentvillager wrote:Fuck I'm getting towny vibes from that post.

I don't know what to think about you anymore.
I understand, were I you, I would be as confused, (maybe even a little upset).
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:48 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 166, Maverick1102 wrote:Cobalt is hilariously hard to read as a result. If he had any conviction in his vote he wouldn't have reacted in the way he did which makes me question the wisdom of voting to L-1 in the first place.

Rusty also comes off quite badly.
In post 168, Maverick1102 wrote:Happy with my vote. I'd like people to say why they aren't joinng this wagon thanks.

Why do do say hes hard to read then in the next post ask why we are voting for him? That escalated quickly!

TBH can anyone explain their cobalt votes, I'm having a hard time seeing it over a few other people at the moment.

I'm also removing my Ryank vote UNVOTE: Ryank I voted him originally because he seemed to be playing the scum "super town role" - he was all over the place. His last few posts seem to be less scummy and im more suspicious of a few other people anyway.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

0x4 I have not seen too many original ideas on who might be scum vs town from you, you are just jumping on things other people have said or arguing about manusha game mechanics. Mind stepping up?

Also, earth to rusty, come in rusty!
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 204, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 166, Maverick1102 wrote:Cobalt is hilariously hard to read as a result. If he had any conviction in his vote he wouldn't have reacted in the way he did which makes me question the wisdom of voting to L-1 in the first place.

Rusty also comes off quite badly.
In post 168, Maverick1102 wrote:Happy with my vote. I'd like people to say why they aren't joinng this wagon thanks.

Why do do say hes hard to read then in the next post ask why we are voting for him? That escalated quickly!

TBH can anyone explain their cobalt votes, I'm having a hard time seeing it over a few other people at the moment.

I'm also removing my Ryank vote UNVOTE: Ryank I voted him originally because he seemed to be playing the scum "super town role" - he was all over the place. His last few posts seem to be less scummy and im more suspicious of a few other people anyway.
innocentvillager gave a very clear statement that he voted for PhanthomCoblat.
In post 106, innocentvillager wrote:VOTE: PhantomCobalt

Policy lynching PhantomCobalt for putting me at L-1 without declaring. You should know better. This is not fucking Rusty's fault, it is 90% yours.
I've grown suspicious of Maverick and hiplop because Maverick1102 claims it to be a random vote and yet is the only player who hasn't moved his vote, even until now. hiplop seems to be helping Maverick1102 build a wagon against PhantomCobalt but without justification. hiplop is an IC. He should know how important it is to explain his votes.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 136, 0x40 wrote:I don't like how he starts the game off by establishing how much of a stereotypical newbie he supposedly is, and then proceeds to almost hammering innocent villager. This, coupled with having a name that could imply that he has played mafia before, makes me think his actions shouldn't just be shrugged off as a newbie being a newbie just so easily.

VOTE: Rusty
Well 0x40, for all we know Rusty's name comes from Rusty and Dusty in Cars. And if he really is a stereotypical newbie, he would proceed to hammer someone without knowing what he's doing.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:08 pm

Post by RyanK »

Just checked his profile. His last visit was 6:14 am GMT+8.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 205, Vaxkiller wrote:0x4 I have not seen too many original ideas on who might be scum vs town from you, you are just jumping on things other people have said or arguing about manusha game mechanics. Mind stepping up?

Also, earth to rusty, come in rusty!
Maybe he's trying to step back while we accuse each other VOTE: rusty.
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 207, RyanK wrote:
In post 136, 0x40 wrote:I don't like how he starts the game off by establishing how much of a stereotypical newbie he supposedly is, and then proceeds to almost hammering innocent villager. This, coupled with having a name that could imply that he has played mafia before, makes me think his actions shouldn't just be shrugged off as a newbie being a newbie just so easily.

VOTE: Rusty
Well 0x40, for all we know Rusty's name comes from Rusty and Dusty in Cars. And if he really is a stereotypical newbie, he would proceed to hammer someone without knowing what he's doing.
I said it could be indicative of having played before, not that it's the only way to interpret his name. If he isn't a newbie, pretending to be one would make a lot of sense, as he could hammer and not always get lynched d2 for it.
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:11 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 205, Vaxkiller wrote:0x4 I have not seen too many original ideas on who might be scum vs town from you, you are just jumping on things other people have said or arguing about manusha game mechanics. Mind stepping up?
I think I've done a bit more than just that, but okay.
There's not all that much to go by at this point, but so far I have a minor scumread on RyanK, and a somewhat stronger scumread on Rusty.
I'll go read at least one game from each player that have played here before, then reread this to see if I notice anything new so I can hopefully make more meaningful reads this game.
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:22 pm

Post by 0x40 »

Just noticed a pretty big slip, that I'm not sure how it got unnoticed until now.
In post 127, Vaxkiller wrote:Just skimmed through and re-reading but I have to post my first impressions of RyanK. I wonder if RyanK could feel the cold chill spread across his bones as I read through his posts knowing that someone re-reading everything all at once would find out....

Ryan's post count is just through the roof, and he seems to be nitpicking really early... that is how I play scum, just trying to sew dissension in the ranks. He has to be scum.

VOTE: RyanK
You state that he "
has to
be scum," as in "it isn't possible for him not to be scum," but the only way you could possibly know that is if the other scum is you. And later you unvote him, what's up with that?
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by 0x40 »

UNVOTE: Rusty
VOTE: Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 213, 0x40 wrote:UNVOTE: Rusty
First original thought in this game and its against me... the person who nagged you into having one.

VOTE: 0x40
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:43 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 214, Vaxkiller wrote:
First original thought in this game and its against me... the person who nagged you into having one.

That omgus after making a major slip that cost you the game... Delicious. :lol:
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 214, Vaxkiller wrote:

Also, my first "original thought" was in my case on Rusty, on having a name that somewhat indicates that he'd played before. Not that any of that matters much at this point, though.
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:58 pm

Post by 0x40 »

Not even gonna defend yourself? Not even gonna try the good old "but I really meant that he was only somewhat scummy even though I said something with a completely different meaning" defence? Then how about you do us all a favour and vote yourself instead of that embarrassing omgus. It'll at the very least save you some dignity...
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:00 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Dragon Training Tip #6: Color. A dragons color doesn’t really mean much, unlike common wisdom would say. Some think the color changes based on mood, they aren’t mood rings people! No, dragons color usually vary based on breed and where they come from. If you are trying to buy a dragon of your favorite color be warned! Some dragon breeds are not trainable, and are to be avoid. Do not buy a dragon from a Nigerian prince.

Vote Count 1.06

Reso (L-5):
0x40 (L-4): Vaxkiller,
Rusty (L-4): RyanK,
Vaxkiller(L-4): 0x40,
RyanK (L-5):
innocentvillager (L-4): Reso,
PhantomCobalt (L-2): Maverick1102, innocentvillager, hiplop
Maverick1102 (L-5):
hiplop (L-5):

Not Voting (2): Rusty, PhantomCobalt,

With 9 Alive, It Takes 5 to Lynch
Day 1 Ends In (expired on 2016-08-01 20:00:00)
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:24 pm

Post by Maverick1102 »

I'm still wondering why there isn't more focus on Cobalt for trying to quietly push through a quickhammer and then, when it got fluffed up by an invalid vote, itrying to salvage it and score townpoints.

Cobalt, what were your reasons for putting Inno to L-1 in your #89? If people are really going to berate and even vote me for 'not explaining my vote' or whatever (I have) then they should also have reacted far, far more angrily to the hammer-that-never-was earlier.
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:25 pm

Post by Maverick1102 »

My vote is on scum, and yours should be too.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:30 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 212, 0x40 wrote:Just noticed a pretty big slip, that I'm not sure how it got unnoticed until now.
In post 127, Vaxkiller wrote:Just skimmed through and re-reading but I have to post my first impressions of RyanK. I wonder if RyanK could feel the cold chill spread across his bones as I read through his posts knowing that someone re-reading everything all at once would find out....

Ryan's post count is just through the roof, and he seems to be nitpicking really early... that is how I play scum, just trying to sew dissension in the ranks. He has to be scum.

VOTE: RyanK
You state that he "
has to
be scum," as in "it isn't possible for him not to be scum," but the only way you could possibly know that is if the other scum is you. And later you unvote him, what's up with that?
Didn't he explain that he decided to unvote me because I wasn't behaving scummy?

Why weren't you scum-hunting? Feels pretty scummy to me. VOTE: 0x40.

0x40=0, if you can't solve that math problem :) .

Also, what's up with you attacking me with Vaxkiller's unbacked argument although I implied that the argument was unbacked (post 154)?
In post 219, Maverick1102 wrote:I'm still wondering why there isn't more focus on Cobalt for trying to quietly push through a quickhammer and then, when it got fluffed up by an invalid vote, itrying to salvage it and score townpoints.

Cobalt, what were your reasons for putting Inno to L-1 in your #89? If people are really going to berate and even vote me for 'not explaining my vote' or whatever (I have) then they should also have reacted far, far more angrily to the hammer-that-never-was earlier.
You have just flew off my scumdar (short for scum radar), Maverick1102, for finally justifying your vote. Hiplop is also off as I guessed you two to be teaming up. The next possible candidate is Rusty(it would be so convinient for him to just not do anything, and let us argue among ourselves).
In post 93, PhantomCobalt wrote:If my own VC is correct IV is at L-2 right now
In post 112, PhantomCobalt wrote:And to prove that I didn't know, why did I unvote IV after the Rusty vote? Cuz I thought it was L-1 and I didnt want anyone to QH
Seriously, PhantomCobalt? You thought rusty's vote would go through? That's completely illogical considering the fact that you joined a year ago and don't know about when is a vote considered official. You're the next possible candidate.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:37 pm

Post by RyanK »

VOTE: PhantomCobalt
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:07 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 220, Maverick1102 wrote:My vote is on scum, and yours should be too.
Then go ahead and explain how Phantom could be seen as more scummy than Vaxkiller after that slip.
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:11 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 221, RyanK wrote:Didn't he explain that he decided to unvote me because I wasn't behaving scummy?
The problem here is with him stating that you are scum, which is completely impossible for him to know if he himself is not scum.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”