Newbie 1728: Training Your Dragon Mafia [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:24 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 224, 0x40 wrote:
In post 221, RyanK wrote:Didn't he explain that he decided to unvote me because I wasn't behaving scummy?
The problem here is with him stating that you are scum, which is completely impossible for him to know if he himself is not scum.
According to this theory, you too will be accused:
In post 212, 0x40 wrote:...
You state that he "
has to
be scum," as in "it isn't possible for him not to be scum," but the only way you could possibly know that is if the other scum is you. And later you unvote him, what's up with that?
How do you know Vaxkiller is a scum?
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:30 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 225, RyanK wrote:How do you know Vaxkiller is a scum?
Because a townie couldn't possibly know whether or not you are town. Vaxkiller said he knows you are scum, and if Vaxkiller is town, how could he possibly know that for sure?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:34 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 226, 0x40 wrote:
In post 225, RyanK wrote:How do you know Vaxkiller is a scum?
Because a townie couldn't possibly know whether or not you are town. Vaxkiller said he knows you are scum, and if Vaxkiller is town, how could he possibly know that for sure?
He doesn't. He is just very confident, but he lost confidence soon after later posts.
In post 127, Vaxkiller wrote:Just skimmed through and re-reading but I have to post my first impressions of RyanK. I wonder if RyanK could feel the cold chill spread across his bones as I read through his posts knowing that someone re-reading everything all at once would find out....

Ryan's post count is just through the roof, and he seems to be nitpicking really early... that is how I play scum, just trying to sew dissension in the ranks. He has to be scum.

VOTE: RyanK
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:36 pm

Post by 0x40 »

The only way Vaxkiller could not be scum, is if he didn't know if you were town or scum, despite saying that he knew in post 127.
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:38 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 227, RyanK wrote:He doesn't. He is just very confident, but he lost confidence soon after later posts.
Read the post you just quoted yourself. Notice the "
has to
be scum" bit at the end? He clearly stated that he know you are scum.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 229, 0x40 wrote:
In post 227, RyanK wrote:He doesn't. He is just very confident, but he lost confidence soon after later posts.
has to
He is saying that it coinsides so much with me that he believes I'm a scum for sure, but he doesn't know because I'm a townie.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:45 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 229, 0x40 wrote:
has to
That statement is also used by people who are over confident, so often, I don't find it strange.
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 230, RyanK wrote:
In post 229, 0x40 wrote:
has to
He is saying that it coinsides so much with me that he believes I'm a scum for sure, but he doesn't know because I'm a townie.
But for him to believe that you are scum for sure, he would have to have some sort of evidence that eliminates every single possibility of you being town. The only piece of evidence that could possibly fit that bill, would be a pm from host telling him exactly who is town and who is scum.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:57 pm

Post by RyanK »

It is something like saying "it has to be him" and point to a really naughty boy when one sees a scribble on a wall. The accuser doesn't know the school boy did it, but still says "it has to be him".
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:57 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 231, RyanK wrote:That statement is also used by people who are over confident, so often, I don't find it strange.
That's just absurd. Presenting what should be nothing but an educated guess as if it were a fact is not something town would ever do. It is something that scum does from time to time, hoverer, as they actually have some facts available from the start. You're stating that this is something that is said often by town, but do you have any statistics to back up that claim?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:01 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 232, 0x40 wrote:
In post 230, RyanK wrote:
In post 229, 0x40 wrote:
has to
But for him to believe that you are scum for sure, he would have to have some sort of evidence that eliminates every single possibility of you being town. The only piece of evidence that could possibly fit that bill, would be a pm from host telling him exactly who is town and who is scum.
Well, he says he believes I'm scum for sure simply because that is exactly like his scum play. Anyway, even if he really does know, why is he debunked later?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:03 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 234, 0x40 wrote:
In post 231, RyanK wrote:That statement is also used by people who are over confident, so often, I don't find it strange.
That's just absurd. Presenting what should be nothing but an educated guess as if it were a fact is not something town would ever do. It is something that scum does from time to time, hoverer, as they actually have some facts available from the start. You're stating that this is something that is said often by town, but do you have any statistics to back up that claim?
I'm not saying that this is often used by town. I'm saying that most people would use that phrase when he's overconfident. Have you never heard people use it before?
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:05 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 233, RyanK wrote:The accuser doesn't know the school boy did it, but still says "it has to be him".
This example can easily be adequately explained by the accuser in this example just being a trigger-happy moron jumping to conclusions. Vaxkiller hasn't really been acting all that moronic in this game, so that explanation is a lot harder to apply to him than it is to the example accuser, making this a false equivalence.
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:07 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 236, RyanK wrote:
In post 234, 0x40 wrote:
I'm not saying that this is often used by town. I'm saying that most people would use that phrase when he's overconfident. Have you never heard people use it before?
Yes, and being too confident in a vote is a very strong scumtell, as the mafia would always know the alignment of those they vote for.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:12 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 238, 0x40 wrote:
In post 236, RyanK wrote:
In post 234, 0x40 wrote:
Yes, and being too confident in a vote is a very strong scumtell, as the mafia would always know the alignment of those they vote for.
That's just absurd. Presenting what should be nothing but an educated guess as if it were a fact is not something town would ever do. It is something that scum does from time to time, hoverer, as they actually have some facts available from the start. You're stating that this is something that is said often by scum, but do you have any statistics to back up that claim?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:14 pm

Post by RyanK »

*You're stating that this is a behavior seen often by scum,
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:20 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 239, RyanK wrote:That's just absurd. Presenting what should be nothing but an educated guess as if it were a fact is not something town would ever do. It is something that scum does from time to time, hoverer, as they actually have some facts available from the start. You're stating that this is something that is said often by scum, but do you have any statistics to back up that claim?
I fail to see your point here. Could you explain in your own words instead of copy-pasting something I wrote?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:27 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 239, RyanK wrote:...
How is this supposed to be true? It had already been such a long time since the game began that he would have had some facts by then. It's not even the begining of the game.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:31 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 242, RyanK wrote:
How is this supposed to be true? It had already been such a long time since the game began that he would have had some facts by then. It's not even the begining of the game.
Which would mean that the scum isn't the only one who knows, but the townies can guess. Guesses aren't always accurate, however.
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:46 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In Matrix6, from the perspective of a townie, the probability of any other player being scum is 25%, and probability of being scum is 75%. While these numbers fluctuate for different players as the game goes on, they usually don't increase or decrease by more than 15% for any player on the first day, as unless that player does something incredibly stupid, there is very little to go by. His reads at that point couldn't possibly make you seem more likely to be scum than town, and yet he let it slip that you are 100% likely to be scum from his point of view.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:49 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 244, 0x40 wrote:
In Matrix6, from the perspective of a townie, the probability of any other player being scum is 25%, and probability of being scum is 75%. While these numbers fluctuate for different players as the game goes on, they usually don't increase or decrease by more than 15% for any player on the first day, as unless that player does something incredibly stupid, there is very little to go by. His reads at that point couldn't possibly make you seem more likely to be scum than town, and yet he let it slip that you are 100% likely to be scum from his point of view.
And how is one suppose to determine a slip?
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:54 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 243, RyanK wrote:Which would mean that the scum isn't the only one who knows, but the townies can guess. Guesses aren't always accurate, however.
Guesses are indeed not always accurate. In fact, they are so inaccurate that mafia doesn't get lynched all that much more often d1 than they would if a completely random player was lynched. Vaxkiller, however, isn't even guessing, as he states that you "
have to
be scum."
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:57 pm

Post by 0x40 »

In post 245, RyanK wrote:And how is one suppose to determine a slip?
If one has information that could not have possibly be obtained if they were town, such as stating that they have any idea about who is town and who is mafia on the first day beyond a somewhat educated guess, then that's an obvious slip.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:58 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 246, 0x40 wrote:...
Guesses are indeed not always accurate. In fact, they are so inaccurate that mafia doesn't get lynched all that much more often d1 than they would if a completely random player was lynched. Vaxkiller, however, isn't even guessing, as he states that you "
have to
be scum."
Is that considered a slip?
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:03 am

Post by 0x40 »

In post 248, RyanK wrote:
In post 246, 0x40 wrote:...
have to
be scum."
Is that considered a slip?
Stating that you have information that you couldn't possibly have obtained as town, like "x person is alignment y" is very much a slip, yes.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”