Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:50 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1375, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1374, farside22 wrote:
In post 1373, Something_Smart wrote:Lol @ those autocorrects.
I don't know why he would switch. I mean, the obvious reason would be to capitalize on RC pressure and maybe score a mislynch there while keeping Shadow around to mislynch later.
That would make him a likely partner with you. I haven't looked at the ISOs though so I don't know how plausible that is.
:neutral: :facepalm: :dead:

*count down to town loss.*

Did you even read the case on RC or are you on tunnelling mode?
Umm... no? I'm in hypothetical mode, where Infinity is scum. If Infinity is scum then I doubt RC is his partner because of that jump. As illustrated by my vote, I think the scum in that pair is more likely Shadow.
So your focus is solely on one of infinity or shadow?
:eek:

Okay I'll bite, if shadow is scum who do you see scum with him?
If Infinity is scum who do you see as a partner and why?

Do I have to shake you around to get you out of the tunnel mode?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:57 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm also curious smart, why you think Infinity is scum, other then wking mm.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:23 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Pretty sure RC jumped on my wagon for the money, probably FA too.

Scum pool is [fa infinity RC FA]

Don't lynch outside of this tomorrow
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:29 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Lmao shadow.

@farside:
Shadow is my top scumread. If he flips town, Infinity will be my top scumread.

I don't think I've been paying close enough attention to make preflip associatives. I tried it with FA and it failed. So if Shadow flips scum then I'll have to take a closer look at how the day played out.
Same for Infinity, but off the top of my head I could see you being his partner.

No, but you would need to convince me that RC is a better lynch than Shadow, and one way to do that would be to make me feel better about you.

I'm not in the mood to make a whole case but besides that and his claim being mighty convenient, his reads and pushes don't feel genuine (MM and me notably), sometimes he says stuff that just doesn't make sense and feels superficial ( and , just skimming his ISO), and I don't like the way he's calling you town.

Actually, the way he chose to jump off the Shadow wagon might make them potential partners. I may retract the "iff" thing.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Shadow_step »

You just keep on saying top scum read without having any actual case, you're hopeless.
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:41 am

If I recall correctly, nobody asked me for a case.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:51 am

Post by farside22 »

I have no clue how to make a player feel better about me when they bypass most of my post made this game.

With that said I'm going to preceeding to bash my head into a wall and hope I black out.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:57 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 1381, Something_Smart wrote:If I recall correctly, nobody asked me for a case.
Stop being pedantic ffs :facepalm:
Show

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:04 am

What's your point?
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:15 am

Post by Shadow_step »

You need to stop being lazy and vote actual scummy instead of just wanting to lynch me because its convenient for you in some way or the other.
Show

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:24 am

How did you just simultaneously imply that I was town and suggest that I had ulterior motives?

Like, how does that even work?
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 1386, Something_Smart wrote:How did you just simultaneously imply that I was town and suggest that I had ulterior motives?

Like, how does that even work?
What am I to think? Why are you voting me then ?
Show

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:43 am

I'm voting you because I think you're scum.

Is that hard to understand?
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:01 am

Post by Shadow_step »

If is when you just put a naked vote without any reason.
Show

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:51 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Reading over the last two pages.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:15 am

Post by Wingback »

In post 1352, Shadow_step wrote:@Wingback, read on MM

It all started off at the end of day 1 when MM tries to put shade on lane to set him up for a lynch on day 2.
After that I isoed him and these things stuck out.

In post he gives a readlist which is basically commentary and he calls a lot of people null, therefore making it very easy for him to change his reads on players whithouy explaining much.

I have the same probkem Moi has with that post which he points our in post.

In post he mentions the 1250 abilities.

In post he says he made a mistake of assuming they were for $1000, which I think he said just to get lane off his back.
1. If you ISO'd MM, how were you reading MoI's posts?
2. Why is mentioning the $1250 abilities scummy?
3. What do you make of the fact that MoI made the same mistake in assuming that the $1250 abilities were for $1000?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:38 am

Post by farside22 »

For those that are town this game, I'd like one moment for you to think back to however many games you have ever been and ask yourself, how often do you see scum trying to figure players out or attempt to understand and reevaluate the game or even communicate there thoughts on a scale that is an attempt to get to know a player.
If you can think of that maybe you maybe understand my issues more with RC and Fire currently.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

What do you mean farside?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:46 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1393, Infinity 324 wrote:What do you mean farside?
Well the example I have is Summer Waltz and how each player got together and reevaluated reads and bounced thoughts off of each other.
This game since day 2 there was been absolutely zip coming from RC and Fire in regards to this.
When you ask fire a question he just gives a weak response.
RC will probably do exactly what happened in Waltz, spamming the thread with some crappyears stuff and disappear again, or keep saying that he is catching up for a few more post.
But interaction, trying to get a follow without a fight, that is where I see scum fail over and over agsin.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:47 am

Post by Wingback »

Looks like the current VC is something like this:

redcoyote(3): farside, shadow step, infinity
shadow step(4): lane, something smart, Red coyote, fire assassin
Fire Assassin: MM
Not Voting: Wingback

With 5 to lynch and countdown: (expired on 2016-07-27 01:22:00)

Starting with qubixes, I've played with him before so I know his towngame. Reading through his only scumgame on site, he replaces in here and spends the rest of the game trying unsuccessfully to catch up. His reads and cases are somewhat weak and flimsy. His play here is nothing like that since he latched onto The MM early in the game and never stopped tunneling him. His points were a lot stronger and I agreed with most of them. It also reminds me of Mini 1800 where we both town. However, he didn't seem to have the time or the motivation in his scumgame to catchup and was already in the hole because of his predecessor.

Moving onto Shadow, I got a chance to look through a scumgame of his (Newbie 1712). He gets lynched D3 so just reading those six pages or so gives me the impression that he uses a lot of ATE when going down and fakes townie emotions pretty well. That tells me that what I thought were towntells earlier are null at best and his play here does remind me of how he went down as scum. I can't find any distinguishing markers for his play.

ISO'ing Shadow here, I don't like that some of the ATE in ("
If this is town, we deserve to lose
") seems similar to his scumplay. My biggest issue with him though is that he isn't scumhunting elsewhere besides responding to posts and questions to and about him. That's the biggest difference I noticed in his ISO in Open 644 where he was town. There was a noticeable focus on scumhunting outside of self-centered responses and aggressively pushing players even when their energies were directed at people other than Shadow. Based on that, I want to vote Shadow but based on Qubixes, I don't. The other thing I've been mulling over is that Shadow's interactions with Infinity fit into the scum-to-scum mold very well. Infinity calling out Shadow to play the game in reads as "c'mon partner, get in here and play." Shadow has infinity as nullish scum, believes that his result on me is probably fake, pushes The MM more because Infinity is defending him which I don't buy. He should be pushing Infinity here but he never votes him only having him as a latent scumread. I also think his reasoning for suspecting RedCoyote (that RC called Fire vs SS town v town) is weak considering Shadow did the same in his towngame.

I'm really conflicted. I'll look over how Infinity and qubixes interacted before I lay down a vote.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:50 am

Post by Wingback »

In post 1392, farside22 wrote:If you can think of that maybe you maybe understand my issues more with RC and Fire currently.
I'm thinking RC/Fire or Infinity/Shadow based on how the wagons turned out, both pairs make sense. What are your thought on Inifinity investigating the universal townread?
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Wingback »

@Farside, what do you think of Fire's vig claim? I have a hard time seeing scum fake-claim vig under no pressure but it also doesn't make sense as town since he could be potentially roleblocked or otherwise interfered with by scum. If he were scum though, that would give him an excuse for why he isn't vig-killing anyone. He could always say "I claimed so scum rb'd me."

But then Infinity's claim could easily come from scum that didn't want to be vigged and made a hasty claim (odd-night cop seems inelegant for game design and convenient) but if he were town that was threatened with a vig-shot, he'd obviously have to claim as well.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:58 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1396, Wingback wrote:
In post 1392, farside22 wrote:If you can think of that maybe you maybe understand my issues more with RC and Fire currently.
I'm thinking RC/Fire or Infinity/Shadow based on how the wagons turned out, both pairs make sense. What are your thought on Inifinity investigating the universal townread?
It's bothered me so I asked him about it.
I was okay with his response.
Not something I agreed with but not scummy.
Something smart made a post about not seeing infinity/shadow as a scum team,but later retracted based on the votes.
I'm voting RC and based on meta and actions from him I will not let it go.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 1397, Wingback wrote:@Farside, what do you think of Fire's vig claim? I have a hard time seeing scum fake-claim vig under no pressure but it also doesn't make sense as town since he could be potentially roleblocked or otherwise interfered with by scum. If he were scum though, that would give him an excuse for why he isn't vig-killing anyone. He could always say "I claimed so scum rb'd me."

But then Infinity's claim could easily come from scum that didn't want to be vigged and made a hasty claim (odd-night cop seems inelegant for game design and convenient) but if he were town that was threatened with a vig-shot, he'd obviously have to claim as well.
Oooo I get to tell another story!
Okay so you know I've been around this site almost 9 years.
I've run across sk that claim vig, scum that claim vig and after no shot goes off they say they were RB.
Here's my million dollar question back.
If he really was a vig, 1) why didn't he shot night 1 and 2) why would he claims in the first place without being concerned about be rb.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yeah that definitely makes sense about fire and RC farside.

And yeah wingback, I didn't think about fire claiming roleblocked. I was thinking he was SK so he could use the extra kill to back up his vig claim, but mafia is probably more likely actually.

Fire really just don't have a genuine thought process behind his actions. He said the crux of his argument about mm was that he seemed informed, but only pointed out 1 post that implied that and it was very weak. He also said he was townreading me for my push on him, then changed it to a scumread also for my push on him, and no reason was given. His vig claim was probably to end discussion and get himself townread, and it worked well actually. He also got a claim out of me.

PEdit: Actually farside, in a recently completed game kuribo claimed vig as mafia to get out of a gunsmith guilty and he got away with it completely
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”