Mini Normal 1814 Machiavellian Mafia (Game Over)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:13 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Whats your towncase on Ira?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Map Wolf
Map Wolf
Goon
Map Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:17 am

Post by Map Wolf »

In post 807, MariaR wrote:
In post 806, Map Wolf wrote:
In post 804, MariaR wrote:
In post 801, Map Wolf wrote:
In post 789, MariaR wrote:So please tell me what "way I did it" that was so scummy compared to everyone else
The way you wanted to revive the wagon with little to no reason.
Little to no reason??? Map you've been my biggest sr the whole game that's my reason after ross claimed pr I went to my next biggest sr (you)
Yes, and that is what i find scummy about the post. You knew that the wagon would not gain terrain without any reason for the wagon.
If I "knew the wagon wouldn't start anyway" as you say I did I would have no reason to even say that I wanted you lynched in the first place
That is true, but i really doubt you thought the wagon would gain votes with such a post.
“The biggest defeat is to not lose”
-MapWolf
Comparing Realities
Comparing Realities
Goon
Comparing Realities
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:23 am

Post by Comparing Realities »

In post 830, BlackStar wrote:[quote="In post 829, Comparing Realities
None of this has anything to do with this game, but knowing how to beat this problem should be a huge boon to one's town play in general.
So you townread her?[/quote]

Yes, I do.
In post 841, Elyse wrote:Nero please explain to me why Wolf is town without using the resistance argument.
To be honest, I don't think this can be done. Map just lacks a general sort of scumminess. Take their readslist, for example:
In post 777, Map Wolf wrote:So i really don't know where we go from here. I think i will go through with my thoughts.

BYF
is null. "agreed" as a followed by a vote seems scum in tone. Some other posts seem scum in tone, but i do like his replies to Ira whose alignment he seems to flip on.
Doesn't mention "fellow townie" which is a bigger deal than "agreed".

BlackStar
i townread. His posts are genuine to me.
Wasn't Black trying to defend Map for awhile?

Comparing
lean-town for me. His long posts seem town.
How so?

DW
i think is lean-town. Lots of short posts, but i do agree about Ira...
Agreeing with someone does not make them town.

Elyes
i think is lean-scum. Too many of her posts are trying to create a wagon
(on me)
I agree.

gerryoat
is lean-town the vast majority off his posts are pro-town to me. Like myself he hasn't made "big" posts, so that is about it.

Iraon
i think is lean-scum. I am not going to make a case on him, but he flip-flops a ton from who he votes, and has made a case on really unimportant posts.
Maria
i null read. sounds like a scummy attempt to make another wagon on me.
Last time you scumread Maria in your last readslist, but now she's done more of the same stuff you previously scumread her for and now she's null?

Nero
i think is lean-town. He has useful posts, and i agree with his cases on some players.
Some players such as Elyse.

Rosske
is null. The question is whether he is "town" who just got some slightly unfortunate posts or scum trying to get the wagon off. I can't make a conclusion on that.
Skold
i think is null. I need for posts from him to be certain of anything.
Zaps
posts doesn't seem like something a scum would post. I town read them.

I am going to VOTE: Iraonavp due to his inconsistensies.
This will bring him to L-1
I fail to see how they reached these conclusions, but, and I know this will drive you insane, but
scum doesn't act that way, not now and not ever.
I cannot envision a world where scum who just survived a major wagon scumreads you and null reads Maria even though you're both doing exactly the same things.
I am breaking every rule by saying this, but despite all logic,
Map simply cannot be scum because even scum doesn't do what Map does
I have little hope for democracy as an effective means of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction.
Comparing Realities
Comparing Realities
Goon
Comparing Realities
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:25 am

Post by Comparing Realities »

Trying to read Map makes me feel like a terrible player.
I have little hope for democracy as an effective means of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:50 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 851, Map Wolf wrote:
In post 807, MariaR wrote:
In post 806, Map Wolf wrote:
In post 804, MariaR wrote:
In post 801, Map Wolf wrote:
In post 789, MariaR wrote:So please tell me what "way I did it" that was so scummy compared to everyone else
The way you wanted to revive the wagon with little to no reason.
Little to no reason??? Map you've been my biggest sr the whole game that's my reason after ross claimed pr I went to my next biggest sr (you)
Yes, and that is what i find scummy about the post. You knew that the wagon would not gain terrain without any reason for the wagon.
If I "knew the wagon wouldn't start anyway" as you say I did I would have no reason to even say that I wanted you lynched in the first place
That is true, but i really doubt you thought the wagon would gain votes with such a post.
Fair enough did I want the wagon to start from my post? Yes. Was it unlikely? Most likely. Was it worth a shot? Hell yeah
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:52 am

Post by MariaR »

I honestly need to stop now that I am taking a look at myself my whole last 2 days have been fighting with map and that's honestly not okay so for that I ask for forgiveness but I want to ask CR you're legit you're using to defend map is the same logic I'm using to defened Ira do you see how were at a impasse
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:00 am

Post by Elyse »

Well to be fair there are multiple people scumreading me and townreading Maria.

I think Map's play is just terrible. He has no idea what he's doing. But that doesn't mean he's town.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:42 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 850, Nero Cain wrote:Whats your towncase on Ira?
If you're talking to me, I have no town case on him. But, I also have no scum case on him. So I'd rather vote someone I think is scummy instead.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:53 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Prodding Skold.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:01 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

i want town read ira but my reason is bad
I prefer they, thanks :)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:05 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 857, gerryoat wrote:
If you're talking to me, I have no town case on him. But, I also have no scum case on him. So I'd rather vote someone I think is scummy instead.
thats well and good but at some point you'll have to stop voting a vanity wagon and consolidate.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by Elyse »

V/LA until Tuesday
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 856, Elyse wrote:I think Map's play is just terrible. He has no idea what he's doing. But that doesn't mean he's town.
that doesn't necessarily make him scum either.

I sorta feel like after the Map and Rosske wagons died we landed on scum and Elyse/Maria/Gerry won't bus their buddy.

Map Wolf
Map Wolf
Goon
Map Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by Map Wolf »

In post 852, Comparing Realities wrote:
BYF
is null. "agreed" as a followed by a vote seems scum in tone. Some other posts seem scum in tone, but i do like his replies to Ira whose alignment he seems to flip on.
I missed that post when i went through his ISO. Anyway i thought that post might've been "if you are town why would you suspect me" way of saying thing, and even then i agree it was a scummy post that i forgot about.

BlackStar
Pretty sure he was.

Comparing
How so?
Long posts doesn't mean much. I think your (long) posts are logically sound, and seem town-minded.

DW
Me agreeing with their logic in their posts would be more accurate.
Elyes
(on me)
I agree.

gerryoat
is lean-town the vast majority off his posts are pro-town to me. Like myself he hasn't made "big" posts, so that is about it.

Iraon
i think is lean-scum. I am not going to make a case on him, but he flip-flops a ton from who he votes, and has made a case on really unimportant posts.
Maria
Last time you scumread Maria in your last readslist, but now she's done more of the same stuff you previously scumread her for and now she's null?
I only changed my conclusion. Scumreading simply because of one post is a little extreme too.

Nero
i think is lean-town. He has useful posts, and i agree with his cases on some players.

Rosske
is null. The question is whether he is "town" who just got some slightly unfortunate posts or scum trying to get the wagon off. I can't make a conclusion on that.
Skold
Zaps

Marked some "replies" in red - colour of my country!
---
To touch on Nero i am pretty sure that at least one of Elyse/Maria/Iraon is scum.
---
I thought Maria overreacted over me finding one post from her scummy, but she did also say she was wrong for that, so i will put that aside for now.
“The biggest defeat is to not lose”
-MapWolf
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by Elyse »

In post 862, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 856, Elyse wrote:I think Map's play is just terrible. He has no idea what he's doing. But that doesn't mean he's town.
that doesn't necessarily make him scum either.

I sorta feel like after the Map and Rosske wagons died we landed on scum and Elyse/Maria/Gerry won't bus their buddy.
I know it doesn't make him scum. I'm not saying he's scum cause he's bad.

Also I would bus the ever living FUCK out of Ira if I was scum with him for the sole reason that I hate his posts and everything about how he plays.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by Elyse »

Map's comments mean absolutely nothing
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:51 pm

Post by Elyse »

CR asks how his posts seem town. Map says "long posts don't mean much. Your long posts are logically sound, and seem town-minded". WTF?

Also his reads almost exactly line up with who is scumreading him. He chooses which reads would be most convenient for him and goes from there.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:52 pm

Post by Elyse »

Town should make reads based on posts and then sort out alignment. Map goes "oh Elyse is scumreading me, let me try to justify a scumread on her too".
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Like him coming in and making posts about things that haven't happened so he can look busy is town play.

Remind me, are you not voting Ira 'cause you think he's super duper town or that you just think Ma is scummier?

Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by Elyse »

I think ira is town.

I still find his back off of BYF very town and a lot of his earlier posts. The way he reasons some things out seem unlikely to come from a scum PoV.

His recent posts are nonsense I agree. I'm not going to be devastated if he's gone but I think he's town and I'm not going to contribute to his lynch when Map is still kicking.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

So you'd no lynch over an ira lynch?

Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by Elyse »

No
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by iraonavp »

NeroCain and Elyse, I will sheep the first of you to vote the other.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:55 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 852, Comparing Realities wrote:
In post 777, Map Wolf wrote:So i really don't know where we go from here. I think i will go through with my thoughts.

BYF

BlackStar

Comparing
How so?

DW

Elyes
(on me)
I agree.

gerryoat

Iraon
Maria

Nero

Rosske
Skold
Zaps

I fail to see how they reached these conclusions, but, and I know this will drive you insane, but
scum doesn't act that way, not now and not ever.
I cannot envision a world where scum who just survived a major wagon scumreads you and null reads Maria even though you're both doing exactly the same things.
I am breaking every rule by saying this, but despite all logic,
Map simply cannot be scum because even scum doesn't do what Map does
I find this suspicious, I shouldn't have put you in town-aligned and I would swap your place to slightly scum-aligned now.

Your confidence sounds like you know that you are right because you're scum-aligned and that's why you are so insistent. This is really weak evidence otherwise and I don't think you would believe what you were saying if you were town-aligned. Also, you are basically just voting me and you don't really think I'm scum-aligned or interested in sorting me, just post a vote and leave.

I checked your previous games and I saw that you post a lot of content even if you are scum-aligned, that was why I thought you could be town-aligned initially because I didn't really read your posts.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:58 pm

Post by iraonavp »

Meanwhile, NeroCain is just skirting the edges of the conversation and trying to mislynch me...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”