Newbie 1728: Training Your Dragon Mafia [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:23 am

Post by Firebringer »

Dragon Training Tip #16. Dragon apparel. Everyone knows you need to get a dragon T-Shirt for your favorite buddy. Make sure you get a toothless one too, so show much you you’re your favorite mod. You may ask, what does clothes have to do with training, and I would say shut up.

Vote Count 2.01

Reso (L-4):
Vedith (L-4):
Vaxkiller(L-4):
RyanK (L-4):
innocentvillager (L-4):
Maverick1102 (L-3): RyanK,
hiplop (L-4):

Not Voting (6): Reso, Maverick1102, innocentvillager, hiplop, Vedith, Vaxkiller,

With 7 Alive, It Takes 4 to Lynch

Day 2 Ends In (expired on 2016-08-15 02:00:00)

Mod Notes: None.
Last edited by Firebringer on Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:27 am

Post by RyanK »

What's a VC holder?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:29 am

Post by RyanK »

The table is meant to be a behavioral analysis for behavioral inconsistantcies. It's just that it's too much work for one to be made, like the mine is surrounded by diamonds which requires me to use diamonds to mine them. I would rather find inconsistancies using "cheaper" methods.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:37 am

Post by RyanK »

Actually, I just spotted something with the table, reso interrogates very frequently. However, that has already been figured out before I created the table, so, I'm just going to use cheaper methods.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:42 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

So Ryan, who do you think is scum today?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:51 am

Post by RyanK »

Maverick1102

He was making personal attacks that would cause peer pressure, that would in turn, cause us to vote for PhantomCobalt, who was a vanilla townie. I should never have broken my policy that people who come up with a reason isn't a scum, as they aren't hiding anything. PhantomCobalt did state that he just didn't see it properly, just that, we were just too certain PhantomCobalt was scum, thanks to Maverick1102. Also should have heeded reso's warning that PhantomCobalt's case has been blown out of proportion, just that all that excitement that "we have caught a scum" caused me to turn a deaf ear. Who's responsible for all this, Maverick1102. Make a defense, like what PhantomCobalt has done. I'm not moving my vote till you explain your actions on Day 1.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:56 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 580, RyanK wrote:
... we were just too certain PhantomCobalt was scum...
I was
just too certain PhantomCobalt was scum
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:05 am

Post by RyanK »

What's yours, Vaxkiller?
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:29 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

Sorry guys. I was absolutely convinced and I feel somewhat guilty about that. In my defense, Cobalt didn't help himself.

This table from Ryan is garbage in my opinion.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:43 am

Post by innocentvillager »

I should've been paying more attention to this game. I wasn't actually THAT confident on Cobalt but I kept my vote there anyway. Meh. I need to start putting some effort into this.
In post 583, Maverick1102 wrote:This table from Ryan is garbage in my opinion.
Instead of just unhelpfully complaining about how a newbie is trying to scumhunt, why don't you actually explain why it's bad?
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:49 am

Post by reso »

I'd honestly like to see some more substantial from hiplop and IV at the moment (no offense, IV) before any other discussion really happens.

Hiplop had that research thing going on and thus asked for the PhantomCobalt hammer to be delayed. Like we seriously IV, well, you've been officially out of V/LA since Monday(??? my memory is fuzzy right now), and have promised content which never happened because either it never happened and/or RyanK's hammer made it not happen (again, no offense). I understand that RL matter always take precedence, but I would have prefer if you extended your V/LA period if that was the case. Kinda left us hanging a bit.

I personally find 0x40's death interesting. For the majority of Day 1, he spent the majority of the day tunneled on Vaxkiller, but at the very end, he played an untunneled game. Would his fate have been different if he had stayed tunneled on Vaxkiller? To me, this possibility makes Vaxkiller seem less likely to be scum, but not necessarily more likely to be town.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:51 am

Post by reso »

EBWoP:

In post 585, reso wrote:some more substantial
'... something more substantial..."
In post 585, reso wrote:Like we seriously IV, well
'Like, we seriously need hiplop in the game right. Barely any activity. IV, well...;
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:14 am

Post by reso »

In post 572, RyanK wrote:
In post 300, innocentvillager wrote:
Mav is making me feel uncomfortable with his tunneling, but not sure if its confbias (whether right or wrong) or scum baiting a mislynch.

Maverick1102 was wrong and may be a scum baiting and successfully caused a mislynch. VOTE: Maverick1102
Technically, while Maverick certainly spent the greatest amount of time arguing for the lynching of PhantomCobalt, his vote has been on Phantom since RVS. You, on the other hand, decided to place the hammering vote and denies hiplop and IV the opportunity to express themselves if they were going to do so, because I was very much expecting something from them. Arguable, it was you that caused the mislynch for having dealt the finishing blow without taking into consideration the discussion circumstances.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:28 am

Post by Vedith »

Right, so this is where I'm at.
Reso is town. I won't be touching there today (excluding confirmation results, of course).

RyanK posts are of little value imo, could be of more value to others but not me.
Scum won't put that much effort in a game imo, as he seems to be doing it for results, rather than town credit.
The hammer was not at all bad. He gave a warning, and nobody objected to it. He gave a time, and no one objected to it. He gave Phantom a chance to look town, and he did not.

So that's 2 town for me meaning that scum will be in the following.

HipLop
IV
Maverick
VaxKiller

Maverick, although did only tunnel, and I did say I would like to see more, would seem odd to push so hard on someone. The worrying part is shooting down Ryan, and yet putting no effort into giving a view.
IV - I'm not sure here, I want to see more. His counter wagon was originally my other body, which swiftly moved onto Phantom. Could this have been a way to move from IV? I doubt it, but very plausible. IV, if you can give an update of people, and your thoughts on the night kill.
HipLop - What can I say, not providing much, which isn't really odd for HipLop. Can you give more reasons to why you vote Colbalt? I'm not saying the vote was wrong pre flip, because I, myself was there. But you said that there were more reasons.
VaxKiller - - Originally, I thought he was onto something, probably because I was convinced that Cobalt was scum. However, this post now reads to me as either preparing his buddy to not be lynched (HipLop) but saying that HipLop is unlikely scum with PHantom town, or trying to buddy up to HipLop. Either way I don't like it, not to mention that he never actually voted Colbalt, to possibly try and receive town credit. @VakKiller - What's your read on HipLop now?

Concerning the kill. X40 started to look stronger going into the end of the day. He did suspect VaxKiller, and normally I would say that the killing was too weak, but if VaxKiller and HipLop were scum partners, I could see X40 being the kill to stop additional pressure day 2.

VOTE: VaxKiller

1 thing to consider,
IF
we lynch wrong today, and
IF
a kill goes through, then it's possibly LyLo (Lynch or Lose) tomorrow.
I claim scum \o/
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:15 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

As much as I don't want to indulge in WIFOM, I'd say that 0x40's death makes it less likely to Vax to be scum. I'm going to go ahead and remove him from my list of potential scum. I really don't know what to make of Ryan. It looks like overeager newbtown but at the same time I can't ignore the shift from him placing the hammer vote and voting me for causing a mislynch. It's very forced.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:37 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 582, RyanK wrote:
What's yours, Vaxkiller?
Earlier I was going to say you, but I really only have one reason: You are acting like a "Super-town Super-hero". I mean Some of the stuff you post is great and it shows you are actively looking for scum, then other stuff is not so great... I think you have voted for everyone playing the game at some point or the other. It's really hard to get a read on you either way (town or scum) because of the amount of material you have presented. That said I'm willing to look elsewhere (again!) for the moment because I think there are other more obvious scum out there.

Right now I'm really looking at innocentvillager or hiplop. Innocentvillager has contributed very, very little. A few town reads, a lot of fluff, and a lot of "I have catching up to do" I'm getting scummy vibes... Please, scroll to the bottom of the page and display posts by user: Innocent villager and you will see what I mean.
In post 588, Vedith wrote:VaxKiller - 481 - Originally, I thought he was onto something, probably because I was convinced that Cobalt was scum. However, this post now reads to me as either preparing his buddy to not be lynched (HipLop) but saying that HipLop is unlikely scum with PHantom town, or trying to buddy up to HipLop. Either way I don't like it, not to mention that he never actually voted Colbalt, to possibly try and receive town credit. @VakKiller - What's your read on HipLop now?
I also think Hoplop is scum because it was looking like he was trying to set something up for later in the game, look through this guys posts too and you will find nothing benefiting town, just fluff! When he votes cobalt he just says this:
In post 173, hiplop wrote:VOTE: cobalt. Interested in this.
He didn't even mention why! Oh wait he does WAYYYYY later here:
In post 485, hiplop wrote:Disclaimer: I *do* have a scumread on phantom. I think mavericks case is pretty airtight.

The issue is that I have personal experience seeing phantom get lynched as town a lot for good reasons. I'm doing some research on my own to see parallels. I would prefer no hammer for a little while.
Then never follows up with what his research was.

@hiplop, what was your research? You have had plenty of time to whip something up! It must be good! I mean look at the table ryan made in that time... it may not have that useful, but he at least put the effort into it!

BTW @ryan, next time you schedule a hammer, do it during high activity in case anyone wants to object. I think EVERYONE here had plenty of time to object if they wanted and the did not object. (hiplop, you had enough time to post SOMETHING!)

Right now my vote is on

VOTE: hiplop
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

I don't understand the 0x40 lynch, why didn't they target someone with experience? If anyone with experience died would it have pointed to anyone? Why did they target newbie town?

I've been thinking of this all day and can't find an answer (there probably isn't one, but if someone has one that would be great!!!!)

Also can we all post a little more????????? Geez!
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:27 pm

Post by Vedith »

I'll be on later, hopefully we have more to work with at that point.
I claim scum \o/
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:44 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 591, Vaxkiller wrote:I don't understand the 0x40 lynch, why didn't they target someone with experience? If anyone with experience died would it have pointed to anyone? Why did they target newbie town?

I've been thinking of this all day and can't find an answer (there probably isn't one, but if someone has one that would be great!!!!)

Also can we all post a little more????????? Geez!
I know there are people among us who would know it. They are the mafiosi. They are completely unlikely to reveal it, though.

This is my guess. The mafiosi guessed there may be a doctor in this game, and decided that if they kill an inexperienced player at night, the are more likely to succesfully do it as the doctor is unlikely to protect an inexperienced player from a night kill. If there is a doctor in this game, you know what to do.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:50 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 587, reso wrote:
In post 572, RyanK wrote:
In post 300, innocentvillager wrote:
Mav is making me feel uncomfortable with his tunneling, but not sure if its confbias (whether right or wrong) or scum baiting a mislynch.

Maverick1102 was wrong and may be a scum baiting and successfully caused a mislynch. VOTE: Maverick1102
Technically, while Maverick certainly spent the greatest amount of time arguing for the lynching of PhantomCobalt, his vote has been on Phantom since RVS. You, on the other hand, decided to place the hammering vote and denies hiplop and IV the opportunity to express themselves if they were going to do so, because I was very much expecting something from them. Arguable, it was you that caused the mislynch for having dealt the finishing blow without taking into consideration the discussion circumstances.
If they really didn't want a hammer to happen, they wouldn't have let their vote remain on PhantomCobalt.

So, considering that Maverick1102 has responded, I'm going to go to the next likely player.

Hiplop stated saying he wouldn't like a hammer for a while, but he never unvoted PhantomCobalt to delay the hammer.

Also, in his first post, he stated:
In post 14, hiplop wrote:
1) When/how often do you expect to post?
Likely a few times a day. I'm not too busy for this month! I am known for somewhat sporadic, frantic posting at times which I try to quell for newbie games...but yea!
yet, he's one of those who have posted the least in the game so far (excluding the eliminated players). For this contradicting action, VOTE: hiplop
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:52 am

Post by Vedith »

UNVOTE: VaxKiller
VOTE: HipLop

That's L1.
Good spot Ryan. Although I disagree with the comment, and he is normally a low poster (in games I've had with him) it's still a lie he's posted.

I do not want a hammer until HipLop and others have spoken, intent is fine though.
I claim scum \o/
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:03 am

Post by RyanK »

UNVOTE: hiplop I think that we should hammer him after we find the second scum, as it would be MyLo even if we lynch a scum today, unless no night kills are successfully made. Also, if he really is a scum, he may self-hammer to reduce our discussion time, which would definitely allow the second scum to hide longer, and overall decrease our time to look for the scum. Until I can locate a second person who may be a scum, I'm not voting unless it's close to the end of the day.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:12 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 595, Vedith wrote:UNVOTE: VaxKiller
VOTE: HipLop

That's L1.
Good spot Ryan. Although I disagree with the comment, and he is normally a low poster (in games I've had with him) it's still a lie he's posted.

I do not want a hammer until HipLop and others have spoken, intent is fine though.
Thanks for the compliment.

Anyway, if you don't want a hammer until Hiplop and others have spoken, I don't think you should even place a vote that risks it. Please explain your actions. Meanwhile, VOTE: Vedith
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:29 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 72, reso wrote:...
Fearlessness against what exactly?
His initial vote and vote switch was pretty much back-to-back and it was still RVS. What's there to fear in RVS? Are you to be feared then? The only ones to be feared in this game are the ones with that kill without warrant.
Second time

Can you please answer the colored part, innocentvillager, I need some understanding on your town read.
Fos:innocentvillager[/b]
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:29 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

I was giving some serious thought to doing this is well. This reeks of what happened yesterday with cobalt. Now im wondering if I should have went for innocentvillager instead. @hiplop @innocentvillager What do you think of today so far?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”