Mini 1802: Paint Mafia Sequel - Game Over!

kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:43 am

Post by kraska77 »

Your case on why katsuki is town: meta
Your explanation for why nahdia and katsuki don't make sense: meta

Meta is not absolute. Obviously any player would take advantage of their meta when they roll scum in a game where town is familiar with their meta
But like I'm not interested in butting heads with you. Still think katsuki should be lynched. If you want to convince others otherwise, go ahead
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:56 am

Post by pieguyn »

you seriously are so fucking lost if you think my reason for it not being {Nahdia, Katsuki} is "meta". it is entirely based on Nahdia's treatment of Katsuki in this game. the meta is just a bonus that makes me go from feeling 95% sure to near-100%; it functions exactly the same way without any use of meta. you haven't even bothered to comment on how off Nahdia's approach to the Katsuki wagon is.

what you're pushing here is fucking laughable.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:16 am

Post by kraska77 »

Like i said you're a really obstinate and this conversation is going nowhere. If you want to convince people nahdia should be lynched, go ahead. I'll shift my vote to nahdia if she gets to l-2 or l-1
Otherwise katsuki gets lynched
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:22 am

Post by pieguyn »

I'm not "obstinate", you just have no compelling reason behind anything you're pushing and I'm shutting it down.
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:04 am

Post by Wingback »

In post 1552, pieguyn wrote:I actually really like the idea of "lynch Nahdia, if she's town follow her reads until endgame".
Don't think Nahdia is flipping town but if I'm wrong there and we wind up in mylo, I'll re-evaluate all my reads from scratch and that includes Katsuki. I never just sheep someone else's reads although I'm open to discussing them.
In post 1556, Zulfy wrote:Wingman what are your thoughts on UTL's posts?
Like I said, I haven't really read the first twenty or so pages. I read the first two and got bored. I wanted to read the most relevant information first so I checked who got lynched D1, and ISO'd the mod until I found the first vote on Aristo which was TTH's slot around page 22 or so. Then read from there until the end.
In post 1558, pieguyn wrote:for this reason, I think Nahdia + someone else is more likely, with the end goal of leaving me alive to lead an incorrect lynch on S_S and then killing me.
I was thinking about this possibility. I don't think Katsuki or Zulfy are partnered with Nahdia which leaves just Smart, dwlee, or kraska as a potential partner. Kraska's insistence on lynching Katsuki first could point to a Nahdia partner as a Nahdia scumflip pretty much narrows it down to just her and Smart given the universal townreads on dwlee which is a loss. But if she gets that Katsuki mislynch in, she has a chance in mylo after Nahdia's lynch.

I haven't yet discounted a Smart/Nahdia team though. The way Smart said that he could see Nahdia on a team with you but then put her in "lean town" doesn't make sense to me given he was pretty confident you were scum. If he was, then he'd be legitimately considering that possibility rather than give off the air "I don't see Nahdia-scum unless partnered with Pie" when in his mind Pie has a high chance of being scum.

I do think a Nahdia/Smart team killing you makes sense over TTH. On the other hand, killing someone that suspects both of them over a conftown is dangerous territory as that means TTH would rethink her reads. The other reason I don't want to dismiss Smart as town is that despite TTH defending him early on, she was later questioning that read () and thought she was wrong about my slot being scum (). That makes sense as a subtler kill on someone just about to catch them as opposed to you who were blatantly pushing him and being pushed by him. Killing you means he has to make up a new scumread. TTH's qualifier that she doesn't want Smart to be "today's" lynch is another point where I think Smart could have realized that he couldn't count on TTH continuing to defend him in the following days after she sees that she was wrong on TBG. It's one of those subtle word-choice indicators I tend to look for when I'm scum to figure out who's just about to turn around on me or my teammates.

I think given the gamestate, scum were banking on a mislynch of my slot since it was one of the few still up in the air. But Smart hasn't really pushed here. Kraska has. I haven't decided what that means yet.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Zulfy »

v/la
for three days
no investigation no right to speak
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:04 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Zulfy did you figure out who TBG targeted?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:20 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

VoteCount 4.00Image
"A monkey and a yaya square"

=====================
pieguyn [1]
- Something_Smart
Dwlee99 [1]
- pieguyn

Not Voting [6]:

ChaosOmega, Dwlee99, Katsuki, kraska77, Wingback, Zulfy

=====================
With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to flip someone's colour.
You have (expired on 2016-08-10 22:00:00) to do so.
Last edited by Cheetory6 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:27 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1579, Wingback wrote:On the other hand, killing someone that suspects both of them over a conftown is dangerous territory as that means TTH would rethink her reads. The other reason I don't want to dismiss Smart as town is that despite TTH defending him early on, she was later questioning that read (Post 1429) and thought she was wrong about my slot being scum (Post 1478). That makes sense as a subtler kill on someone just about to catch them as opposed to you who were blatantly pushing him and being pushed by him. Killing you means he has to make up a new scumread. TTH's qualifier that she doesn't want Smart to be "today's" lynch is another point where I think Smart could have realized that he couldn't count on TTH continuing to defend him in the following days after she sees that she was wrong on TBG. It's one of those subtle word-choice indicators I tend to look for when I'm scum to figure out who's just about to turn around on me or my teammates.
I considered this, and this is the major reason I could think of for {Nahdia, S_S} killing TTH over me; my general opinion is that while it could happen, at that point it's probably a good idea to look for other possibilities too.
In post 1579, Wingback wrote:I was thinking about this possibility. I don't think Katsuki or Zulfy are partnered with Nahdia which leaves just Smart, dwlee, or kraska as a potential partner.
I agree it's probably not Katsuki or Zulfy. from there, that leaves {S_S, dwlee, kraska, you}. I think you as scum probably could have played this by defending her and taking one of the essentially free mislynches available, but I'm not completely discounting it in the same way I am Katsuki or Zulfy since I think the bus route is also plausible if you're feeling adventurous. this is why I want to flip someone in this group who I don't think scum would have altered overnight; being able to eliminate another person would be potentially game-breaking.

massclaim might also help in this regard, I'm not sure.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by Nahdia »

hi. really sorry about this but my irl situation has become excruciatingly stressful recently and i can't handle mafia for awhile. i'm getting replaced. good luck.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:37 pm

Post by kraska77 »

:( hope things get better for you irl
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:10 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

ChaosOmega replaces in for Nahdia. Wahoo! Thanks Chaos!
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:06 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

Hi everyone! Need to read through and it's the weekend, don't expect a post from me until Monday.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by Zulfy »

That is fine.
no investigation no right to speak
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:20 pm

Post by pieguyn »

as much as I hate to say it, I'm at the point where I don't see myself lynching outside of Nahdia's slot unless CO somehow does something really really town.

I'm not really waiting on anything else, I'm just waiting for people to show up and either help me flip dwlee or suggest someone else.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:50 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

are we lynching kat
I prefer they, thanks :)
Wingback
Wingback
Goon
Wingback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:31 am

Post by Wingback »

I'm mostly waiting for Chaos to catch up to see if he changes my mind about Nahdia. We can get a color flip done in the meantime. I'm fine flipping whoever you want.

VOTE: dwlee
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:24 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1590, Dwlee99 wrote:are we lynching kat
no.

weren't you agreeing with me before on a Nahdia lynch? if not, have you read my recent posts in full?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I was talking about sheeping nahdia right now without her flipping first o3o
I prefer they, thanks :)
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:39 am

Post by pieguyn »

have you read anything I've posted at all this game day?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:42 am

Post by pieguyn »

that probably is the worst idea I have ever heard. for what reason, based on her PLAY and not her flipping blue, do you think she's town?

me and Wingback have both been making arguments for why her play is scummy, and I really don't have any other strong leads.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:44 am

Post by kraska77 »

:^)
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:45 am

Post by pieguyn »

also, make sure you've read and agree with what I've been saying in e.g. ~.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:51 am

Post by pieguyn »

you can kindly shove it with the holier-than-thou attitude, by the way. the fact still stands that you have no leg to stand on and you're sitting there pushing a horrible read without thinking critically about it.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:05 am

Post by kraska77 »

*shrugs* I understand people should stick to their guns in forum mafia, that's not what I take issue with at all. It's just the way you engage with those who happen not to agree with you is kinda offputting...theres no give and take, only shutting down

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”