Newbie 1728: Training Your Dragon Mafia [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:26 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 648, Vaxkiller wrote:On second thought this doesn't add up. Why in the hell would you drop a bomb like that hiplop? There was no reason.
No bomb.
third best scummer of all time
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:27 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 646, Maverick1102 wrote:I'd really like you to explain this.
Tomorrow.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by reso »

In post 634, RyanK wrote:Hiplop as he lied about how often he's posting. Also, his post before the PhantomCobalt lynch seemed to be suggesting he would prefer a lynch. Thanks for helping out.

innocentvillager has only a very minor accusation, so it's less likely.
If hiplop is more scummy to you than IV, then what was the point of jumping off as soon as hiplop got to L-1? Pressure is almost always a good thing, unless it's tunneling. Again I bring up conviction, which you just don't have any of, not even to your own thoughts (Please remember that hiplop is currently L-1 right now). Personally, I find a lack of conviction to be a sign of being scum. Because scum know exactly who is town, a scum might not know how a vote on someone might look like, so they might jump here and there and then maybe here again, which is what have done so far.
In post 635, Vaxkiller wrote:@reso, what are your thoughts on innocentvillager and hiplop?
Again, I have a nullread on IV. I don't feel like there's anything noteworthy from IV so far. I am a bit irked at how he decided to ignore my questions in D1, but that's more of a personal vendetta than a read.

I would feel the same about hiplop, but he's been incredibly vague about the details he's decided to share with us, and his continued insistence to delay his thoughts continue to screw with the game. At the very least, IV gave us a V/LA notice for why he's not available until Monday, but hiplop just tells us 'tomorrow' and disappears into... wherever he came from. I don't find passive lurking to be particularly AI, but active lurking is pretty scummy, or at the very least, very very anti-town.

A clarification because I've realized I've been doing it in this game: To me, anti-scum doesn't necessarily town, and anti-town doesn't necessarily mean scum. It's hard for me to explain, but that is a system I seem to regularly employ.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by hiplop »

In post 652, reso wrote:I would feel the same about hiplop, but he's been incredibly vague about the details he's decided to share with us, and his continued insistence to delay his thoughts continue to screw with the game. At the very least, IV gave us a V/LA notice for why he's not available until Monday, but hiplop just tells us 'tomorrow' and disappears into... wherever he came from. I don't find passive lurking to be particularly AI, but active lurking is pretty scummy, or at the very least, very very anti-town.
sry I meant like GAME DAY tomorrow

I am here!
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by hiplop »

In post 652, reso wrote:A clarification because I've realized I've been doing it in this game: To me, anti-scum doesn't necessarily town, and anti-town doesn't necessarily mean scum. It's hard for me to explain, but that is a system I seem to regularly employ.
100% the case, yes. Stand by this statement completely
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:25 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 652, reso wrote:...
If hiplop is more scummy to you than IV, then what was the point of jumping off as soon as hiplop got to L-1? Pressure is almost always a good thing, unless it's tunneling. Again I bring up conviction, which you just don't have any of, not even to your own thoughts (Please remember that hiplop is currently L-1 right now). Personally, I find a lack of conviction to be a sign of being scum. Because scum know exactly who is town, a scum might not know how a vote on someone might look like, so they might jump here and there and then maybe here again, which is what have done so far.
I didn't want to risk a mislynch.

Please explain why you think I've got no conviction on my thoughts.

I jump here and there because I would like to get a higher chance of finding a scum rather than staying on one person for long periods of time and focusing on one minor thing a player did even after he explains why he did so. It's a completely ineffective method to look for scum.

Hopefully I'll remember that hiplop is at L-1. Please help to remind me constantly in your posts if you could. I've got a horrible memory.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:41 pm

Post by reso »

I think that you have a lack of conviction because you think that hiplop is more scummy than IV, but despite that, as soon as hiplop got to L-1, you jumped off as fast as pretty much the next post happened, and decided to vote for IV instead, despite who you think is more scummy. Please remember that that your scum suspects list, of hiplop then IV, is yours and yours alone. If you aren't willing to follow your own list, then yeah, that looks like a lack of conviction to me.

'Risking a mislynch' is a moot reason because whenever the town votes, town is always risking a mislynch because town never has the full details. It's not even worth mentioning because that risk is always apparent.

It's also clear to me that you have a lack of any sort of trust of us. We are not Rusty, as in the player that Vedith replaced. We are smarter than trying to hammer without stating any intent to do so. But despite this apparent knowledge, you choose to not take the gamble of L-1 and jump ship instead. The majority of us are town. You are not trusting of a mostly town crowd. Could you possibly be scum refusing to trust town counterparts?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:44 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 657, reso wrote:I think that you have a lack of conviction because you think that hiplop is more scummy than IV, but despite that, as soon as hiplop got to L-1, you jumped off as fast as pretty much the next post happened, and decided to vote for IV instead, despite who you think is more scummy. Please remember that that your scum suspects list, of hiplop then IV, is yours and yours alone. If you aren't willing to follow your own list, then yeah, that looks like a lack of conviction to me.

'Risking a mislynch' is a moot reason because whenever the town votes, town is always risking a mislynch because town never has the full details. It's not even worth mentioning because that risk is always apparent.

It's also clear to me that you have a lack of any sort of trust of us. We are not Rusty, as in the player that Vedith replaced. We are smarter than trying to hammer without stating any intent to do so. But despite this apparent knowledge, you choose to not take the gamble of L-1 and jump ship instead. The majority of us are town. You are not trusting of a mostly town crowd. Could you possibly be scum refusing to trust town counterparts?
I admit I do have a difficulty trusting people, isn't the only reason I unvoted immediately after L-1 was achieved. I wasn't confident with my accusation, because hiplop hasn't responded yet. Now that hiplop has responded, I'm having increased conviction on hiplop right now, just hope it's not another PhantomCobalt case.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Innocentvillager is being prodded.
Edit: Just noticed he posted his V/LA disregard that prod.
Last edited by Firebringer on Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:32 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Dragon Training Tip #18. Trainers. You want the best for your dragon, right? I would assume so! You might say, “I can’t handle this dragon, I need help!” now you could always get a trainer to look after your dragon and make sure it gets the training and education it needs. Well that’s a good idea, but you have to consider. Do you want a private dragon trainer or a public dragon trainer? They both have their ups and downs. Private dragon trainers will give your dragon the attention and special training it needs. However, a public dragon trainer will give it the opportunity to be among more peers and be part of the collective. At the end of the day, it might be better just to teach him yourself you lazy ass. That’s what this guide is for anyways.

Vote Count 2.03

Reso (L-4):
Vedith (L-4):
Vaxkiller(L-4):
RyanK (L-4):
innocentvillager (L-3): RyanK,
Maverick1102 (L-4):
hiplop (L-1): Vaxkiller, Vedith, Maverick1102,

Not Voting (3): Reso, innocentvillager, hiplop,

With 7 Alive, It Takes 4 to Lynch

Day 2 Ends In (expired on 2016-08-15 02:00:00)

Mod Notes: None.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:10 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 548, Vedith wrote:...
My post is basically saying that Reso can't be scum if you're town, but can be scum if you're town. What's your view on it?
What were you trying to say?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:31 am

Post by Vedith »

Fantastic, HipLop is speaking, but still not speaking to myself.
@Vax - What's your view on HipLop being at L1?
Do you still think this wagon is good?

@Maverick - Talk to me about what changed your mind. Is it the comment of HipLop not wanting to express why, being the solo reason?
I claim scum \o/
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:05 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 548, Vedith wrote:...
My post is basically saying that Reso can't be scum if you're town, but can be scum if you're town. What's your view on it?
What were you trying to say?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:55 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 662, RyanK wrote:What were you trying to say?
That Reso isn't scum if Phantom isn't. It would make 0 sense and I wanted to know what Phantom thought on it and see if he would challenge me.
I claim scum \o/
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:37 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

First off I'm sry its been a while since I last posted, I'm at the hospital. I have been reading but didn't have my password until now. I hope to keep playing, if that changes ill let u know.

Now for hip-hop. Does anyone really think his comment was not a claim? Why else would say something like that? Why would town drop that bomb without being specifically being asked about it??? he says no bomb then refuses to talk about it... honestly hiplop, what do you expect responsible town members to do? Blindly follow you?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Vedith »

I wanted to see what Maverick said about it first Vax...
Why would you not give a chance there?
I claim scum \o/
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:46 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

I'm confused. Maybe hiplop has a gut read or something but to drop a statement like that is pretty ballsy without backing it up can only really come from scum. Can't see why he'd say anything like that when not even at L-1. Other than an investigative role which isn't something i'm thinking hiplop has given his play so far I can only see Scum!Hiplop. Pretty sure on that and I'd welcome an intent to hammer.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:42 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 665, Astronaut wrote:I wanted to see what Maverick said about it first Vax...
Why would you not give a chance there?
You asked me a question. Why did you ask me if you didn't want It answered?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:45 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 667, Vaxkiller wrote:You asked me a question. Why did you ask me if you didn't want It answered?
Yeah I mis worded it there
I was meaning the wagon itself over his comment about not mentioning why.
I claim scum \o/
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:18 pm

Post by reso »

In post 651, hiplop wrote:
Tomorrow.
o________o

y u maek promise and break? bro, totes not kewl.

I'm jumping off a cliff now, for talking in the style that I did. BNRB. But seriously. Where you at?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 651, hiplop wrote:
Tomorrow.
Is it an in-game tomorrow or a real-time tomorrow?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:12 am

Post by Vedith »

Where the hell is IV?
I claim scum \o/
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:12 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 671, Vedith wrote:Where the hell is IV?
Stuck in a hellish RL duty/exam week?
In post 619, innocentvillager wrote:
Apologies, but I will be V/LA until Monday afternoon. I've been ignoring RL duties/exam week but I'll try to still post maybe once or twice at least.
The only odd thing is that he didn't go officially on V/LA.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:14 am

Post by Vedith »

I suspected he would have put something.
Going on official VLA doesn't mean anything... I don't normally.
I claim scum \o/
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:16 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 673, Vedith wrote:I suspected he would have put something.
Put what?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”