Newbie 1728: Training Your Dragon Mafia [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:08 pm

Post by RyanK »

Alright reso, don't you dare hammer hiplop until he explains himself.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:17 pm

Post by hiplop »

Before I do

Question to maverick.

Me clearing IV, what is my endgame there as scum? What do I gain from taking a target AWAY from a potential mislynch?
third best scummer of all time
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:26 pm

Post by Vedith »

UNVOTE: HipLop
Since conversation is starting now, I don't want it to be stopped.
That said, I'll post at lunch.
I claim scum \o/
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:52 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 701, hiplop wrote:Before I do

Question to maverick.

Me clearing IV, what is my endgame there as scum? What do I gain from taking a target AWAY from a potential mislynch?
If you're a scum. you gain your partner's survival. (Answered on behalf of Maverick).
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:54 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 701, hiplop wrote:Before I do

Question to maverick.

Also, can't you explain your reads before Maverick answers.
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:43 pm

Post by Maverick1102 »

You want me to pick out an endgame based on 6 different potential setups, many times the number of potential night actions and say what I think your strategy is, do us a favour and don't try and drown us in WIFOM thanks. How are you going to clear IV anyway?

And don't try to turn the rolefishing back on me. You're the one rolefishing by softing and witholding information.

Hiplop is scum. Votes now thanks.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:55 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 694, hiplop wrote:Sorry about that. I made a post that apparently got lost in the site outages.
In post 666, Maverick1102 wrote:I'm confused. Maybe hiplop has a gut read or something but to drop a statement like that is pretty ballsy without backing it up can only really come from scum. Can't see why he'd say anything like that when not even at L-1. Other than an investigative role which isn't something i'm thinking hiplop has given his play so far I can only see Scum!Hiplop. Pretty sure on that and I'd welcome an intent to hammer.
Wise to not dwell on this too much. I have a pretty strong reason, all I'm gonna say :]
What is the reason, and why is it wise not to dwell on the hypothesis?
In post 694, hiplop wrote:
In post 669, reso wrote:y u maek promise and break? bro, totes not kewl.
I said game day. As in like Day 3
Nothing to say about this.
In post 681, reso wrote:It really irks me that, when it comes down to it, a policy lynch for lack of attendance is going to be happening to the IC of all people. I feel like there won't be much gained from PL'ing hiplop, even if he turns out to be scum. As previously stated during RQS(?), I don't like a lack of attendance is a sign of scum, but just a sign of bad play. As such, because of a lack of interaction with others, even if he does turn out to be scum, what info would we get out it doing a hiplop PL?
This is not a good way to look at things. If I'm being wagonned for not being here much (which seems like it?) it is kinda faulty reasoning to me. My reads are transparent, its obvious what I think on the game.
Your reasonings aren't, placing an opaque wall in front of what you think of the game.
In post 682, Vedith wrote:This is a lynch because he's holding information back from us even when he is at L1. Town HipLop knows better than that.
Town hiplop knows to not say anything that doesn't need to be said and town vedith should realize that. Cool? COOL.
Your lack of response to questions of your actions doesn't benefit the town at all, preventing us from understanding your actions, which is what a scum would want to do.
In post 684, Maverick1102 wrote:Town-aligned PR's would have no reason to with-hold information, or softclaim without being at L-1 which is what I caught onto. The fact that he's softing looks like Scum!Hiplop trying to lay down crumbs to offset his lynch and now that he has been called out on it is delaying the game and hoping attention shifts elsewhere.
Role fishing is somethign that only benefits scum. Don't make assumptions.
Maybe you mis-worded it. It's alignment fishing. He's just saying that it is illogical that if you're a town PR, you wouldn't make it so obvious you're one.

Also, how could you not make assumptions. We can't be sure whether someone is scum or not.
In post 689, Maverick1102 wrote:Town!hiplop wouldn't play like this. Only a scum mindset would seek to deprive us of information. Why he's silent I don't know but I don't particularly see it is changing my view. Nor do I see any other lynch target today given the day's events.
Scum have a bunch of question marks on their boxes. They don't know what is what, and I would strongly prefer we cut this talk. It doesn't benefit town in
any
way.
Are you claiming that you have a bunch of question marks in your box, which is why you remained silent looking for answers?
In post 689, Maverick1102 wrote:Ninja'd: Yeah basically PR hunting isn't anything Town!Hiplop would do, but the wording he used suggested he was softing an investigative role which simply isn't something Town!Hiplop would do. He'd want to avoid claiming if possible and at L-2 when it happened it was out of the blue and unneccessary.
Still not getting it, are you?
I am. He's saying that townreading innocentvillager for no reason seem to be claiming an investigative role, which is what any town in their right mind would never do. Why did you give yourself away as an investigative role, assuming you're town?
In post 705, Maverick1102 wrote:...
There are much more scum facts on hiplop than Cobalt, so most likely he's the man we're looking for. However, I think we should spend our leftover time on day 2 looking for the second scum, rather than ending the day with hiplop lynched, and the next scum unknown. So, don't hammer hiplop. Lynch him only 24 hours before the end of day 2. Don't place him at L-1 either. We don't want to risk a self-hammer to prevent the hunt for the second scum to take place.
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:13 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

Sure, let's let him and his partner have time to queue up a mislynch or wriggle out of it...
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:24 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 707, Maverick1102 wrote:Sure, let's let him and his partner have time to queue up a mislynch or wriggle out of it...
That's something completely unlikely. PhantomCobalt wasn't even able to do so though he was a townie. Wouldn't being a scum makes it even difficult?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:36 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 705, Maverick1102 wrote:You want me to pick out an endgame based on 6 different potential setups, many times the number of potential night actions and say what I think your strategy is, do us a favour and don't try and drown us in WIFOM thanks. How are you going to clear IV anyway?

And don't try to turn the rolefishing back on me. You're the one rolefishing by softing and witholding information.

No. What does SCUM!Me benefit from acting in this manner, derailing pressure on a lynch?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:43 am

Post by Firebringer »

Dragon Training Tip #20. High Fives. Listen, you want to teach your dragon high fives. Because you think high fiving dragon = awesome. You are not wrong. It is very cool. Problem is your dragon is much stronger than you. So teaching him restraint is key otherwise you might break your arm. So the best way to high five your dragon maybe just teaching him to hold his foot in the air so you can slap it. Make sure the dragon doesn't misunderstand the slap as a hit though or you might be in trouble..

Vote Count 2.05

Reso (L-4):
Vedith (L-4):
Vaxkiller(L-3): hiplop,
RyanK (L-4):
innocentvillager (L-3): RyanK,
Maverick1102 (L-4):
hiplop (L-2): Vaxkiller, Maverick1102,

Not Voting (3): Reso, innocentvillager, Vedith,

With 7 Alive, It Takes 4 to Lynch

Day 2 Ends In (expired on 2016-08-15 02:00:00)

Mod Notes:
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:49 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 709, hiplop wrote:...
No. What does SCUM!Me benefit from acting in this manner, derailing pressure on a lynch?
So, you are trying to derail pressure on a lynch?
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:27 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

^^
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:21 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 707, Maverick1102 wrote:Sure, let's let him and his partner have time to queue up a mislynch or wriggle out of it...
Wouldn't this reveal who his scum buddy is trying to wriggle out of it.
As is stands, HipLop is going to be the lynch - If we all suddenly swap our opinion else where, then says more about us than it does HipLop.
I claim scum \o/
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:43 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 711, RyanK wrote:
In post 709, hiplop wrote:...
So, you are trying to derail pressure on a lynch?
IV was an obvious lynch target, I did what i could to take that target off his back.

Why do i do that as scum? Whats the point? I would be frothing at the mouth over people pushing IV
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:53 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

At no point was he even close to being lynched, and saying 'lurking doesn't equal scum' when he's in V/LA anyway doesn't make you town. As scum you're trying to earn townpoints after softing. 'Look at me I stopped a lynch I'm so town'

Also, waiting for an answer on this:
In post 705, Maverick1102 wrote: How are you going to clear IV anyway?

You said you were clearing him. Why would you clear him if Town!Hiplop couldn't know IV's alignment?
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:54 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

Only Scum!Hiplop could know IV's alignment and 'clear' him.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

Tomorrow. I promise to get to this tomorrow. And will maybe do some stuff tonight.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:46 pm

In post 716, Maverick1102 wrote:Only Scum!Hiplop could know IV's alignment and 'clear' him.
Are you forgetting something lol
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:06 pm

Post by Maverick1102 »

Are you his partner?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:19 pm

In post 719, Maverick1102 wrote:Are you his partner?
Are you expecting a useful answer to your question?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:12 pm

Post by hiplop »

In post 715, Maverick1102 wrote:You said you were clearing him. Why would you clear him if Town!Hiplop couldn't know IV's alignment?
I can be really, really confident. :]
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:22 pm

Post by reso »

In post 714, hiplop wrote:IV was an obvious lynch target, I did what i could to take that target off his back.
I'm sorry, but I'm failing to see this. Could you point this out to me? As a reminder, Day 1 mostly consisted of 0x40's case on Vax's use of the word 'has' and Maverick's case on PhantomCobalt. For the most part, IV sort of disappeared into nothingness, but at least he had the decency to announce V/LA's when he was going to be gone for long durations of time, and thus has an alibi for his extended absence (IV, please talk today T_T).

I spent the better majority of this night staring your posts, and honeslty, I just can't get a decipherable solid read on you. I'm going to devote tomorrow (today??? technically it's 2:30 here) to solely analyzing you.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:10 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 716, Maverick1102 wrote:Only Scum!Hiplop could know IV's alignment and 'clear' him.
Maybe you should add three extra words to that sentence, which are," for no reason." If there is a reason, it should be fine.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:58 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

Out of the hospital and doing a lot better. I will be posting later today about my thoughts on hiplop latest posts. Hopefully we can find the other scum in the meantime as well.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”