Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by Harkonnen97 »

In 82 I was telling UT to play the game, instead of complaining that "the game is pretty blather". I was trying to not sound rude.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:00 pm

Post by The Bulge »

Sigh
In post 126, Harkonnen97 wrote:play the game
This is what im asking about
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:00 pm

Post by The Bulge »

Give me specifics man, I know how to read
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by iraonavp »

VOTE: Untrod Tripod
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 105, Untrod Tripod wrote:I post in the order I read. so I see Harkonnen has walked back his RVS claims

very well then!

vote Harkonnen

glad we actually have something
This is voteworthy alone but I still like my Seraphim vote
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 124, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 117, Marquis wrote:hark is kind of transparently town beneath the offputting surface, and it feels like UT is taking advantage of that instead of bothering to look at it more closely as I would expect from him as town. (as in, sounds bad, but why would scum act like this at the very start)
...how am I taking advantage of that when I literally just asked him to talk me through his read on someone
i doubt any response was going to change your "read". and the actual point you're working around is that I doubt hark as scum would put himself at the forefront of activity+suspicion, which is something that I think you're purposefully ignoring.
link in bio
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by Harkonnen97 »

In post 131, Marquis wrote:doubt any response was going to change your "read". and the actual point you're working around is that I doubt hark as scum would put himself at the forefront of activity+suspicion, which is something that I think you're purposefully ignoring.
Being active and trying to put effort isn't a good reason to townread someone.
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by Froot Loop »

I think scumhunting (what I understand as putting in effort) is a pretty good reason to townread someone at this stage in the game. That's not the same as activity, though.

I get that you were prodding, but what are your thoughts on Vedith and Grapes, now that you've moved your votes off them?
In post 62, SirCakez wrote:idk
It's not just you, I can't remember a game I've played that I didn't get wagoned in (other then my one IC game)
I'm just naturally scummy I suppose.
(my bold)

This kind of annoys me. Is there something about your play which you think people interpret as scummy?

@CKD - What is it about grapes which makes you think they're scummy?
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 132, Harkonnen97 wrote:
In post 131, Marquis wrote:doubt any response was going to change your "read". and the actual point you're working around is that I doubt hark as scum would put himself at the forefront of activity+suspicion, which is something that I think you're purposefully ignoring.
you'd be surprised
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Marquis »

this makes you more town anyway
link in bio
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:01 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 133, Froot Loop wrote:I think scumhunting (what I understand as putting in effort) is a pretty good reason to townread someone at this stage in the game. That's not the same as activity, though.

I get that you were prodding, but what are your thoughts on Vedith and Grapes, now that you've moved your votes off them?
It's not just you, I can't remember a game I've played that I didn't get wagoned in (other then my one IC game)
(my bold)

This kind of annoys me. Is there something about your play which you think people interpret as scummy?

Can you vote someone instead of just asking questions?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

unvote
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 131, Marquis wrote:
In post 124, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 117, Marquis wrote:hark is kind of transparently town beneath the offputting surface, and it feels like UT is taking advantage of that instead of bothering to look at it more closely as I would expect from him as town. (as in, sounds bad, but why would scum act like this at the very start)
...how am I taking advantage of that when I literally just asked him to talk me through his read on someone
i doubt any response was going to change your "read". and the actual point you're working around is that I doubt hark as scum would put himself at the forefront of activity+suspicion, which is something that I think you're purposefully ignoring.
considering that saying "tell me more" is the literal opposite of what you're suggesting that I'm doing, this response is just word vomit

but my memory of you is that our playstyles are oil and water so I guess it shouldn't shock me that I'm baffled by your responses
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 137, Untrod Tripod wrote:
unvote
How is that a town-aligned post?

It made me think he was less town-aligned, because he is questioning a town-aligned read on himself...

I think that you are scum-aligned because this seems too theatrical, if you were town-aligned I expect you would just vote someone else or say why your opinion changed rather than unvoting silently.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 133, Froot Loop wrote:I think scumhunting (what I understand as putting in effort) is a pretty good reason to townread someone at this stage in the game. That's not the same as activity, though.

(my bold)

BOOP BOOP BOOP SCUM ALERT

vote Froot Loop
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 139, iraonavp wrote:
unvote

It made me think he was less town-aligned, because he is questioning a town-aligned read on himself...

I think that you are scum-aligned because this seems too theatrical, if you were town-aligned I expect you would just vote someone else or say why your opinion changed rather than unvoting silently.
I think he's being extremely transparent with his reasoning and is pushing against people calling him town for what he considers bad reasons

that's enough for me at this stage in the game
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 140, Untrod Tripod wrote:

(my bold)

BOOP BOOP BOOP SCUM ALERT

vote Froot Loop
I think that you are voting them purely for playstyle reasons of questioning people and being detached...
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:08 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 141, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 139, iraonavp wrote:
unvote

I think he's being extremely transparent with his reasoning and is pushing against people calling him town for what he considers bad reasons

that's enough for me at this stage in the game
So the post you quoted didn't have any relevance because he wasn't really doing that...

And he was always doing this, even while you were voting him! So this seems to me like a fake reason that you just made up now instead of explaining how his post questioning the town-aligned read on him was town-aligned...
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

iraonavp wrote:So the post you quoted didn't have any relevance because he wasn't really doing that...

And he was always doing this, even while you were voting him! So this seems to me like a fake reason that you just made up now instead of explaining how his post questioning the town-aligned read on him was town-aligned...
dude, I'm not going to quote every single post someone has made to reference an obvious recent trajectory

read the thread for context
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by iraonavp »

Well between when you unvoted and your last post before that, he didn't do anything of what you described, so why were you voting him in the first place then...
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by Harkonnen97 »

In post 133, Froot Loop wrote:I get that you were prodding, but what are your thoughts on Vedith and Grapes, now that you've moved your votes off them?
They haven't posted anything substantial since I unvoted them. So my read on them is the same - Null, with gut saying scum.
In post 134, Marquis wrote:you'd be surprised
It's really not. Putting effort is NAI. It just means you are determined to win. At least that's the way I see it.

What does "being transparent with his reads" and "transparent town" mean? I know what the word transparent means, but not in the context of Mafia
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:10 am

Post by iraonavp »

It probably means that Marquis thinks you are displaying your motives clearly and in a way that is hard to fake.

FROOTLOOP, if you are not sure who to vote I suggest you vote Untrod Tripod...
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:12 am

Post by iraonavp »

FROOTLOOP, why does SirCakez' comment about him looking naturally scum-aligned annoy you?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:37 am

Post by grapes »

VOTE: Frootloop

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”